Invalid Put back NatDex AG until generation 10 is released ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have seen talks on the PS chat, apparently NatDex AG was removed for philosophical reasons.
The format did not cost anything because it did not require Devs to maintain it for now (it was already set up for gen9, and stable), at least not until generation 10 is released.

Obviously those who did not enjoy the format were not forced to play it (I know it's obvious but you'll be surprised how many people argue in favour of its deletion just because they think the format is not good.... I mean....)

In the meantime, good or not, this was one of the most played format at any time of the day, day and night. (so I guess it was good). So a lot of human beings, PS players (who by the way see the advertisements on the website, even if it's not a lot of money) are feeling sad.

Suggestion : since it does not cost anything to keep that format until generation 10, why not make people happy for free (no cost), while at the same time making nobody sad at all? (nobody forced to play it)

Whether the format has "leaders", or "is competitive" or "has a Smogon community" are good questions, but questions that have no impacts on the fact that it does not cost anything to anyone to keep it until generation 10, while making lots of people happy.

Unless I am missing something, if you have the choice to 1) make nobody sad, 2) make lots of people happy, 3) at no cost, then I am not quite sure why you would not do it.

All other reasons can be beautiful philosophical reasons, but if it does not cost anything to make people happy... then.....by definition.... it doesn't cost anything.

(btw if this ends up moving elsewhere I'm going to repost this there)
Even with Revivecats in it and even despite the community abandoning it, NDAG remains a proof-of-concept of what it means to truly have NatDex.

Until I can understand the mechanics behind deciding that it was better to remove NDAG and replace it with NDUbers rather than simply adding an NDUbers ladder, I'm inclined to agree with OP.

Yes, NDAG is currently a cesspool, but removing it seems to me to be (to put it bluntly) a cop-out for the fact that ReviveCats and Fissure Machamp, interactions both made on assumptions, destroyed all competitive interest in the tier.

There's been consistently a ton of appeal from more casual players to play it, and it feels wrong to just screw them over like that. Some people just want to play with their favorite cut mons and do weird stuff at the same time, and I think there should be a place for them.

Furthermore, Ubers has Pokemon bans, so there is now no way to legally use Mega Gengar, Miraidon, or Mega Rayquaza, which is a huge shame for a category that dedicated itself to not removing Pokemon without extremely good reason.

Even though it's challengeable still, that still kills off at least 90% of the games that would be played.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)