Pyroak Analysis Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
name: Tank
move 1: Leech Seed
move 2: Lava Plume / Flamethrower
move 3: Rest / Aromatherapy / Synthesis its a much better option than Rest unless Sand, Hail or Rain is up. Also could Aromatherapy be moved to Other Options or Set Comments, this set really relies on it healing move.
move 4: Grass Knot / Toxic Toxic+Leach Seed is AWESOME on this thing, GK is more expendable than fire attack.
item: Leftovers
ability: Battle Armor
nature: Bold
evs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 32 SpD / 88 Spe For this set out speeding TTar and a few walls is less important that having extra bulky defenses 252 HP/16 Defense/240 Sp. defense with Bold gives you 444 HP and 275 in both defenses so it can take hits evenly.

well i have using this set and it worked pretty good

name: Specs
move 1: Over Heat
move 2: Energy Ball/Grass Knot
move 3: Mud Bomb
move 4: Hidden Power Ice
item: Choice Specs
ability: Battle Armor
nature: Modest
evs: 252 HP / 252 SPA / 6 SPEED

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I finished this off today and am updating the dex. Next up is Revvy. Feel free to continue to add edits here.

Tekken is right. Choice Specs Pyroak is pretty nasty surprise. Mud Bomb destroys both Tentacruel and Heatran with atleast a 2HKO or OHKO.

You don't seem to have a set like mine, so...

[SET]
name: SubStall
move 1: Flare Blitz
move 2: Leech Seed
move 3: Substitute
move 4: Toxic
ability: Rock Head
nature: Careful
evs: 92 HP/ 200 Def/ 216 Sp. Def

[Set Comments]
Much like Abomasnow's Blizzard, Pyroak's BP 120 100 Acc STAB Fire move gives him a blatant advantage over most other SubSeeders in dealing with fellow Grass types, in addition to giving it something to punish Steel types that want to come in on Toxic. With Hail/Sandstorm in tow, most pokemon will find it near impossible to stay alive against this set. Even Tentacruel, who would appear to be a choice counter for this set, is worn down by repeated Flare Blitzes without its leftovers recovery as it fails to break Pyroak's beefy subs with a single Surf. Heatran obviously poses a huge threat to this set, forcing Pyroak to settle for setting up Leech Seed and switching out, but anyone who has extensively used Azelf or Porygon-Z without Hidden Power Fighting are probably full used to this.

EVs create 101 HP subs, making taking down Blissey a joke, and the remainder of the EVs balance his defenses, bringing both to just short of 300. They can obviously be tailored to take whatever hits one thinks will be a problem better, I just balanced them for testing.

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I really, really think that this set:

name: Great Wall
move 1: Leech Seed
move 2: Toxic
move 3: Synthesis
move 4: Flamethrower
ability: Battle Armour
nature: Bold
evs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 240 SpD

[SET COMMENTS]
When affected by Leach Seed even the strongest sweepers will fail to 2KO this defensive monster without a Super Effective STAB attack, and walls who could stop you will almost without exception fall to Toxic damage. The few who can withstand this are brought to their knees with a STAB Flamethrower, something every other Leach Seeder would kill for. Its other great ability, is its Ability, which lets it stall forever without fear of a random crit bursting through its otherwise near impenetrable defences.

Synthesis is unreliable due to the common Sandstorm, however even with Sandstorm you can still use it to significant effect when you consider the healing you will be getting from Leach Seed.

(set comments probably could do with improving.)

This set is probably the strongest set for any Pokemon I have ever used, with the possible exception of BU Ice Punch Revenankh. It is that good.
Seriously this thing is almost unbreakable, basicly nothing 1KO's it short of a +3 Gyrados Stone Edge (Maybe Rhyperior's CB one...) and if you catch anything else on the switch with Leach Seed you can out stall it.
Sandstorm is annoying, but you can work around it.

Lets look at the normal counters
Heatran, Dragonite and Salamence:
So long as you don't gave Specstran a FF boost you win. If you Leach Seed any of these on the switch you win (DDMence with SE may have a chance, but you LS on the switch then Toxic and its turns are numbered).

Tentacruel:
The best and pretty much only true counter to this set.

Togekiss:
NP+Air Slash does beat this, but it will hate Toxic or Leach Seed damage so not be as hard to stop. Scarf fails if you get it with LS on the switch, but it can hax you so watch out.

Moltres and Charizard:
Both lose if you catch them on the switch. Specs air Slash may be a bit of a problem from Moltres though..

Arcanine, Ninetales, and Houndoom:
all lose if you hit them on the switch.

I have often been against otherwise well made teams who have NO way to counter this, and simply stalled out 3-4 Pokemon. Things like Gyra and Tar are crippled by Poison+LS damage, and become easy to deal with.

Some things can force it out but the ONLY thing that can switch in without fear and beat it without getting crippled that I have ever seen is Tentacruel.

This set must be in the Analysis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)