SV UU Quadruple Booster Hyper Offense (Peaked 1711 Top 5)

top5showdown.png

The Team

treadspmd.png
leavespmd.png
jugulispmd.png
volcanionpmd.png
ironhandspmd.png
gengarpmd.png

Hyper offense is a style that I was interested in while getting into SV. I never went too far with the archetype in previous generations since it was too prediction-reliant and high-risk for my taste. I have been going further with it in SV to grow as a player and enjoy executing a more aggressive style of play.

Teambuilding Process:​

treadspmd.png

I knew I wanted to start with a suicide lead on this team. Iron Treads is the pokemon I opted for here since it can run Booster Energy, giving me fast rocks that can't be taunted, as well as a way to spin away hazards from opposing hazard leads.

treadspmd.png
leavespmd.png

Iron Leaves is the sweeper I chose to build the team around. I wanted to build around Iron Leaves since it is the only pokemon in UU that can get the speed boost from booster energy as well as set up with a two-stage boosting move.

treadspmd.png
leavespmd.png
jugulispmd.png

At this point, I was thinking about adding something to power through defensive threats that could stall out Leaves. Jugulis seemed like a good pokemon here, as it can act as a stall breaker for Leaves as well as a standalone sweeper.

treadspmd.png
leavespmd.png
jugulispmd.png
volcanionpmd.png

Burns from scald and will-o-wisp can almost completely neutralize Leaves, so I needed counterplay for that. Rain teams are also an annoyance for more offensive teams like this one. Volcanion gives me a way to handle both threats, and it gives me further wall-breaking power to pair with Jugulis.

treadspmd.png
leavespmd.png
jugulispmd.png
volcanionpmd.png
ironhandspmd.png

Fast physical setup sweepers like Quaquaval, Salamence, Weavile, Scizor, and more could end up being a problem for this team. Hands has the amazing physical bulk to deal with such sweepers. Having a secondary physical sweeper paired with Leaves is also important, so as to not overwhelm its role on the team as a physical sweeper.

treadspmd.png
leavespmd.png
jugulispmd.png
volcanionpmd.png
ironhandspmd.png
gengarpmd.png

Opposing Iron Hands can be annoying for this team since it can survive a hit from anything, set up, and recover them off with a drain punch. I also wanted spin block potential, and more speed control for the team since Volcanion and Hands were slowing the team down. Gengar seemed like a good pokemon here, as it covered all of those issues.

Set Breakdown:

treads.png

Iron Treads @
booster-energy.png

Ability: Quark Drive
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin​

Booster Treads is a great lead since it outspeeds almost all common suicide leads, only risking a tie against opposing Booster Treads leads. Being a lead that outspeeds Booster Sandy Shocks is also highly valuable. Initially, I was running a special variant with Steel Beam to die more easily, but I switched to a physical Treads since I noticed I wanted Knock Off on it to remove items from defensive or bulkier threats to my team and make them take rocks damage as well as removing leftovers. This puts defensive threats on a timer, conditioning the game for my sweepers to win late game. Tera Fairy is here to give me counterplay to the very threatening DD Salamence. Treads is meant to be a suicide lead, but you don't need to lead it every time. Don't lead it if you think a lead with it can be exploited.

leaves1.png

Iron Leaves @
booster-energy.png

Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 96 HP / 160 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Psyblade
- Leaf Blade
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance​

At first, I was running a variant with Trailblaze with enough attack to get an attack boost from Booster Energy, but I ended up going with speed-boosting Leaves. Having the initial speed proved to be more important. This is a standard set. Tera Fire is good for avoiding burns, as well as being able to resist u-turn. Try to preserve Leaves for a late-game sweep if you can.

jug.jpg

Iron Jugulis @
booster-energy.png

Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hurricane
- Dark Pulse
- Earth Power
- Taunt​

Jugulis has been a favorite of mine on hyper offense. It is a versatile pokemon on these kinds of teams. It can act as a great conditioner for your teammates with its stall-breaking power using taunt, it can sweep late game, and it can even be played early game. Usually, I am playing Jugulis mid or late-game. Booster is the item of choice here since the speed is important on hyper offense, as well as the ability to not be locked into one move.

volc.png

Volcanion @
boots.png

Ability: Water Absorb
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Flamethrower
- Tera Blast
- Taunt​

Volcanion is an unorthodox pokemon on hyper offense, with its mediocre 70 base speed and no great way of boosting it. It is still very useful both defensively and offensively. Taunt is great for punishing balance alongside Jugulis, and tera blast grass is good for breaking annoying bulky waters like Rotom-W, Gastrodon, and Slowking. Boots is preferred since I want to prevent Volcanion from getting chipped by the hazards it is completely vulnerable to. As mentioned previously, handling rain is also highly valuable on a more offensive team, as they can be more prone to fast breakers. Volcanion is most useful in the mid-game, breaking fatter pokemon with taunt, and being able to take hits well with its good overall bulk.

hands.jpg

Iron Hands @
booster-energy.png

Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Ice Punch
- Swords Dance​

Iron Hands is a massive threat with its absurdly high stats. It can take any neutral hit, even some super effective hits, set up, and recover it all back with drain punch. There is not much to say about Hands. He hits hard, he tanks hits and can be very threatening in the mid to late game. This is a standard set, with tera fairy for a good defensive typing that is neutral to its weaknesses.

gengar.png

Gengar @

Ability: Cursed Body
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hex
- Focus Blast
- Nasty Plot
- Will-O-Wisp​

Gengar is a versatile pokemon on this team. Wil-O-Wisp can neutralize physical sweepers, whittle down walls passively, and of course boost Hex damage. Cursed Body is also an interesting utility that can act as a conditioner for your other sweepers to set up. Preventing Iron Hands from drain punching and sweeping my team is also valuable, on top of being a potential spin blocker and a lead with sash. Gengar is best in the early and mid-game. It is rare that it is around in the late game. In all honesty, Gengar feels like an awkward utility mon on this team, but I am not sure what I would replace it with. If you have any suggestions for this slot please let me know. You could also try out different Gengar sets here. Maybe Shadow Ball over Hex, Sludge Bomb over Wisp, or maybe even Destiny Bond. There are plenty of options here.

Shoutouts:​
I would like to thank the PIA discord for having agroup laddering voice channel to make laddering much less stressful as well as more enjoyable. I get very anxious laddering by myself, especially if I know my opponent and/or they're very good. Laddering with the people there helps me stay more calm and makes the experience better. I'd like to thank sleestacks , Hydreigon>Latias , and starbitstorm for being in the call with me while I was laddering. I'd also like to thank H>L and SBS for helping me make positive changes to the team.

In the future I will add a threatlist and replays, but I am a bit exhausted from making this as this is my first post as I have been learning about making it good along the way.

Attachments

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)