Do you enjoy playing NU?

• Yeah, it's the best tier!

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • lol nu sucks

Votes: 39 62.9%

• Total voters

QUEEN DUSCLOPS

Introduction:

Hello Smogon, I thought I'd drop an NU team which I used to ladder with which included dusclops which managed to top the ladder. It's a semi-stall team which I had a lot of fun with, I didn't really have a building process but the team seemed to work well for me hehe.

Anyway let's have a look...

The Team:

Whimsicott @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Energy Ball
- Moonblast
- Toxic
- Defog​

Whimsicott offers valuable speed and hazard control for my team. I'm not worried about hitting poison types with psychic so I went with toxic which cripples targets you normally can't break through like Torterra, Articuno and bulky stall teams but most importantly it gives me a check to beat Sub Bulk up Braviary who I'd struggle against. Pixie plate gives you a bit of strength and I don't have to worry about recoil damage.

Incineroar @ Assault Vest
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Flare Blitz
- Knock Off
- Earthquake​

Why are you using Assault Vest Realistic Waters...? Well because it gives me both factors of both incineroar sets; direct offensive pressure and a sturdy special tank to take on Specs Vanilluxe. I'm not worried about not being able to recover HP since I have Vaporeon. This set still puts a strain on balance teams with strong coverage but I can still pivot around and gain momentum. Pretty standard set, EQ is the best overage option since it pressures opposing Incineroar Diancie and Garbodor. Don't come for me for using this set lol.​

Dusclops @ Eviolite
Ability: Pressure
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Toxic
- Night Shade​

Queen Dusclops, I had so much fun with this. So Dusclops has ridiculous bulk but I found Dusclops would prefer to be a special wall due to most physical pokemon having knock off coverage. It works as a neat check to many NU threats such as Vikavolt, Magmortar, Comfey, Vanilluxe, Vileplume, Heliolisk, Sceptile, Slowking/Bro and many others. Despite no defensive investment it's still able to switch in on Steelix, and avoid a 2hko by LO Medicham. Another one of Dusclops selling points is pressure which annoys the hell of of most targets, Blizzard and Fire Blasts can only be used 4 times, you drain away toxics and pretty much any attack. Rest always keeps you healthy and Night Shade / Toxic stop you from being too passive since most things dislike both. Being a spinblocker is always a plus and Blastoise has no hope at breaking you.​

Weezing @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Will-O-Wisp
- Toxic Spikes
- Taunt

Weezing is an underrated pokemon and works quite well in the current meta being on of the best counters to Passimian and checks a good amount of NU physical targets. Rocky Helmet > Black sludge because it punishes this meta who loves to click u-turn and most targets it wants to switch into have knock off. (Sneasel, Passimian, Incineroar, Hariyama, Scrafty etc) Toxic Spikes punishes balance teams without something to soak it up (surprisingly common) and I just threw taunt on the end for a better match up against stall teams although you can probably drop it for something else if you prefer that.​

Steelix @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Dark Pulse
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power

Lure Steelix as my Stealth Rocker! This way I can pressure Xatu easier for Stealth Rocks and have a much easier time smacking Palossand, Rotom, Slowbro, Rhydon, Piloswine smacking them for great damage. You lose some utility with this set but i'm willing to sacrifice that. Outside of that Steelix gives me an electric immunity and a bunch of crazy resistances and a good check to Klinklang.​

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Scald
- Heal Bell​
More glue and a sturdy water answer. Very important for my team since it will pass huge wishes (Dusclops almost goes back to full!) and provides heal bell support. Gives me a better check to Incineroar that isn't Swords Dance Z move and stops Clawitzer from causing problems. Nothing out of the ordinary with this set, it's completely standard. Vaporeon seems to be quite difficult for most teams to break so It's always around for most of the match.

Importable:

Whimsicott @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Energy Ball
- Moonblast
- Toxic
- Defog

Incineroar @ Assault Vest
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Flare Blitz
- Knock Off
- Earthquake

Dusclops @ Eviolite
Ability: Pressure
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Toxic
- Night Shade

Weezing @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Levitate
Bold Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Will-O-Wisp
- Toxic Spikes
- Taunt

Steelix @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Dark Pulse
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Scald
- Heal Bell

Conclusion:

So yeah that's pretty much it, loved the teams performance in battles with some underrated threats that take advantage of the current metagame and it's just really fun in general despite it being semi stall. Love to see a few comments on what you think.... :bloblul: :blobthumbsup: :blobuwu: :blobwizard:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)