QuickNasty Momentum

So Froslass was being suspect tested in UU so I opted to make a team for it and try to ladder. This team turned out to be fun and I've been liking it. I'm close to reqs on the regular UU ladder with this team, but I feel like tweaks could be made. So without further ado, here's the team.

Froslass (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 Spd / 248 HP / 8 SDef
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Pain Split

Froslass is the Spiker/Spinblocker for the team. Spikes help with creating damage to my opponent's Pokemon so my sweepers have an easier time sweeping. Taunt is for any opposing supporters such as Roserade. Ice Beam makes sure my Froslass isn't Taunt bait itself & hits stuff like Nidoking, Crobat, etc. Shadow Ball would be another option for Froslass to hit stuff like Azelf, Victini, Chandelure, etc, but Froslass doesn't have much business staying in on them. Lastly, Pain Split helps me recover HP in some way despite it being an unreliable form of recovery.

Swampert @ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 252 Def / 240 HP / 16 Atk
Relaxed Nature
- Earthquake
- Roar
- Stealth Rock
- Scald

Swampert serves as the team's physical wall and check to Zapdos/Raikou that lack HP Grass. Swampert carries Stealth Rock to assist Froslass in its duty to set up hazards for my sweepers to run train. Earthquake is there for dealing with threats like Raikou, Nidoking, Victini, Darmanitan, etc. I run Relaxed so Scald gets a little bit of a power boost. Scald is nice to get something burned such as a Mienshao. Roar helps me deal with stat boosters such as Nasty Plot Togekiss and assists in dealing entry hazard damage to whatever I phaze in.

Mienshao @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Hi Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Aerial Ace

Sweeper #1 of the team. I pack a Choice Scarf on Mienshao due to its solid base 105 speed which outspeeds a pretty good portion of the tier. Hi Jump Kick serves as Mienshao's most powerful move. Eliminate the physical walls & ghosts and Mienshao can get off a bit of a Hi Jump Kick sweep...provided I connect on all of them. U-Turn is there to gain momentum and switch out on predicted switches like a Cofagrigus that might want to come in predicting a Hi Jump Kick. Stone Edge is there to hit fliers like Crobat who would otherwise wall it. Aerial Ace is for dealing with opposing Heracross and other fighting types. I could carry HP Ice for Flygon locked into Outrage or Gligars which would wall Mienshao, but the ability to remove Heracross is a little more favorable in my opinion.

Umbreon @ Leftovers
Trait: Synchronize
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 Def
Calm Nature
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Foul Play
- Protect

The cleric and special wall of my team. Heal Bell rids my Pokemon of status. I mean it would be VERY unfortunate if one of my sweepers got paralyzed or if one of my walls got Toxic'd. I can use Wish to heal either myself or pass it on to a favorable recipient. Protect guarantees that I get my Wish up (provided Umbreon survives the previous turn) and is useful to scout for anything that might like to Trick or lock itself into a Choiced move. Foul Play helps me deal with powerful physical attackers that would like to ruin Umbreon's day.

Crobat @ Choice Band
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Cross Poison
- Sleep Talk

Crobat serves to create momentum with U-Turn chains and sweep whenever he needs to. Brave Bird is Crobat's most powerful move breaking through Fighting types, Bug types, and Grass types that are pretty common in the tier. U-Turn, as I said earlier, helps create momentum so I can bring either a check/counter, or a sweeper in depending on what my opponent brings in. Cross Poison is a bit of a filler STAB that I would like to see changed on Crobat but to what is the question. Sleep Talk is interesting here. It's pretty much for Roserades or Venomoths that would like to carry Sleep Powder that would like to set up Quiver Dances (in Venomoth's case) or have some threat on my team be put to sleep.

Porygon-Z @ Lum Berry
Trait: Adaptability
EVs: 100 HP / 252 SAtk / 156 Spd
Modest Nature
- Agility
- Nasty Plot
- Tri Attack
- Dark Pulse

The special sweeper and star of the show right here. The set was made by reachzero and I LOVE it! The Modest nature & Adaptability make Porygon-Z as strong as possible before the boosts. The speed EVs given outspeed Scarf Mienshao at +2 while having Porygon-Z be as bulky as possible. Lum Berry is on the set over Life Orb in case of anything that would like to status Porygon-Z. If the statuser does so, I get a free turn to set up either an Agility or a Nasty Plot. Choosing between Agility or Nasty Plot depends on the situation. If I feel that a scarfer like Mienshao may come in on the switch, I go for an Agility. If I feel like I can outspeed the rest of his team regardless, Nasty Plot is the move of choice. Getting Porygon-Z in safely is all a part of Mienshao's & Crobat's side jobs. Having one of them U-Turn on something I can set up on such as a Gligar or an Umbreon helps Porygon-Z set up and destroy. At +2, Tri-Attack rips through pretty much anything that isn't a Steel type (which are easily dealt with Mienshao or Swampert) or Ghost type. For the Ghost types, Dark Pulse lays a heavy dent on them.

If you have any tweaks for me, please lay them on me. I am open to criticism. And in case if Froslass gets banned, I'd like to see some replacements for her.

I would highly suggest the use of a spinblocker. It seems your team is based around getting hazards up quickly and using them and your offensive pressure to wear down your opponent. In this case, a spin blocker would really help you out, especially because blastoise/hitmontop can come in on 2/3 of your team. Froslass doesn't really count as getting up spikes usually constitutes its own death and b/c of its own hazards weakness, it can't keep switching in/out.

Otherwise, solid team, only thing I'm gonna say is that it looks like yanmega can do a lot of damage here as it can 2 hit your entire team and ohko swamp and mienshao

Hello Dallasboy. I am looking at a pretty solid team, you have a: Wall, Revenge Killer, a Sweeper, and a Support. However, your Porygon-Z has absolutely no real sweeping potential. I mean, think about it: Nothing to counter fighting types with, it will take you two turns just to start your kill streak (By then you will be dead), and your easy game for Scarfed Revenge Killers. I suggest trying a new, more unique Pokémon: Ditto. This will help you when your getting smashed by other sweepers such as Mienshoa.

Ditto Choice Scarf
EV's:Whatever
Nature:Whatever
-Transform (Nothing More)

Cool team! Im finding the swampert/crobat core to be very strong. Dont listen to that guy about ditto, pz is a great sweeper and ill be using that double boosting set. Youd think without hp fighting itd be weak, but a at +2 with stealth rock it is a guaranteed 2hko on bronzong.
1. Which brings me to my first point, i think froaslass could be dropped for something else. All you need is stealth rock and itll get the kos that are needed. Perhaps another sweeper like nasty plot cofagrigus? Itll pair well with umbreon and will counter fighting types. Froslass is good but i dont think shes really needed.
2.swampert and umbreon are good.
3. Personally i like stallbreaker bat but cb is good too. I would drop cross poison though and just leave bb u turn and sleep talk. Eith empoleon crobat and bronzong around you dont want to be setup bait.

Other than that good team!

KM

slayification
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
I personally think that bulky lass is actually quite good on this team - it eases up some of the pressure from pert and umbreon and doubles as a nifty spinblocker as well. That said, it is the most replaceable thing on your team, so you could consider changing it with a DualScreens Azelf. It would really, really help your Mienshao sweep and your Porygon-Z set up - screen support with dual dance is one of the most deadly things out there.

Awesome team overall though, I really love the sets that you're using =)

CoolStoryBrobat

The hero Smogon needs, but not the one it deserves
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
You might think this is a dumb idea, but...You ever try running Roost on banded Crobat before? I always use it over the slot where you have Cross Poison, and you'd actually be surprised...It's not difficult to bring in Crobat on a threat it could force out (Gligar, Hitmontop, Roserade, etc.) and simply use a Roost and switch back out. Not saying you NEED to even use it every time either, but it definitely helps Crobat's staying power, as well as allows it to have a chance to heal itself when it uses Sleep Talk. But you do have Umbreon with Wish Support, so you could also run Quick Attack if you'd like. Banded Crobat's Quick Attack actually 2HKOes Sharpedo in the event you ever need an emergency stop to it, as well as picking off weakened scarfers of sorts. I dunno, but if you're like me you'll probably find yourself NEVER using Cross Poison, lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)