RagnarokAlex vs. Lady Salamence! And SoS gets to choose the arena? OH BOY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Issuing a simple challenge for an idea.

1v1 Singles
2 Day DQ
0 Recovers/1 Chill
Arena: whatever challenger or ref wants

Gonna try out a new thing here, you can bring whatever poke you want although something that isnt going to just sweep me in one round would be excellent. Also I would like Items to be on for this fight if thats not a problem
i'll take ragnarokalex's challenge, if you will extend it to 2 days

Switch=me
Items=On
Abilities=All
Since neither of these two picked an arena, I get to do so! Happy SoS be happy... That means you get to have fun at the 11th Street Lot, an arena of my own design...

Arena: The 11th Street Lot - The iconic location from Rent, where Maureen performs the seriously what the fuck number, Over The Moon (fo shizzle, look it up, be baffled.) It consists of a small performance stage with a microphone and several monitors, and the lot itself, where several bums mill around. At the end of the round, there is a 33% chance of them beginning to moo, which has a 20% chance of inflicting intense confusion to each Pokémon. If a stray attack hits a bum (at the ref and RNG's discretion), they will begin to riot, seeing it as police brutality. The effects this will have on the battle, I leave to the ref's discretion, but passive damage and lowered accuracy, plus a distinct difficult to co-operate sounds logical to me. And the chance of mooing doubles.
Team Ragnarokalex:

Nidoking (Gage) Male
Nature:
Mild
Type:
Poison: STAB; immunity to Poison/Toxic, see and breath through smog/smokescreens/haze uninhibited. Able to use Wrap and Bind without losing focus. Superior senses in urban settings.
Ground: STAB; Immune to all electrical attacks, can Dig through almost any substance, Evasive Digging reduced from 3 per action Energy Cost to 2 per action, superior senses in darkened cave surroundings.

Abilities:
Poison Point:
Type: Can be Disabled.
This Pokemon’s spikes/quills/thorns are coated in poison, and there is a 30% chance of poisoning any foe that uses a contact attack on this Pokemon. When disabled, all of this Pokemon's attacks that inflict regular poison will inflict Toxic poison (with the same chance of effect).
Rivalry:
Type: Innate
This Pokemon has a primal response to competition and mating, increasing the Base Attack Power of all its attacks by two (2) when it attacks an opponent of the same gender in the same Egg Group, and decreasing the power of all its attacks by two (2) when it faces an opponent of the opposite gender in the same Egg Group (Monster/Ground are used for Nidorina/Nidoqueen).
Sheer Force: (Dreamworld)
Type: Can be Enabled
This Pokemon can energize all its attacks with secondary effect chances less than 100%. When Enabled, the Base Attack Power of every move with an effect chance less than 100% increases by two (2), but they will never have a secondary effect. (Dreamworld)

Stats:
HP: 100
Atk: Rank 3
Def: Rank 2 (-)
SpA: Rank 4 (+)
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 85
Size Class: 3
Weight Class: 4
Base Rank Total: 18

EC: 9/9
DC: 5/5
MC: 0

Attacks:
Leer
Peck
Focus Energy
Tackle
Horn Attack
Double Kick
Poison Sting
Fury Attack
Helping Hand
Thrash
Chip Away
Earth Power

Disable
Sucker Punch
Counter

Protect
Toxic
Venoshock
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt
Substitute
Shadow Ball
Flamethrower
Taunt
Pay Day

Team Lady Salamence:

Pignite [Van Pig] (M)
Nature: Adamant (Adds One (1) Rank to Attack; Subtracts One (1) Rank From Special Attack)

Type: Fire/Fighting
Fire: Fire STAB; immune to burn, 50% reduction in freeze chance, emit a low glow in dark places, takes additional damage if active open flames are exposed to a water attack. Superior senses in volcanic or brushfire areas.
Fighting:
Fighting STAB; ignore weight restrictions on Circle Throw, Seismic Toss, Sky Drop, Storm Throw, Submission, and Vital Throw. Superior reaction time in close quarters.

Stats:

Atk: Rank 4 (+)
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 2 (-)
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 55

EC: 4/9
MC: 7
DC: 4/5

Abilities:
Blaze: (Innate) When this Pokemon’s HP is lower than 33%, the base damage of any fire attack is increased by two (2). (eg Flamethrower goes from 10 to 12, Fire Blast from 12 to 14)
Thick Fat (DW): (Innate) This Pokemon has a great deal of extra fat or muscle that increases its resistance to extreme heat or extreme cold, reducing the type effectiveness of Fire and Ice-typed attacks to the next level of resistance (2x weak becomes neutral, neutral becomes resistance, etc.)

Attacks:
Tackle
Tail Whip
Ember
Odor Sleuth
Defense Curl
Nitro Charge
Smog
Rollout
Take Down
Roar
Flare Blitz
Arm Thrust

Double Team
Wild Charge
Sunny Day

Endeavor
Yawn
Magnitude

Lady Salamence, if you want to give Van Pig an item, now is your last chance to do so.

Team Ragnarokalex

Gage@Amulet Coin (Poison Point, Rivalry, Sheer Force)
Energy: 100
Speed: 85
Stats: 0
Actions: Taunt - Toxic - Pay Day

Team Lady Salamence

Van Pig@Nothing (Blaze)
Energy: 100
Speed: 55
Actions: Double Team (4 clones) - Sunny Day - Flare Blitz

The battle begins with Gage flipping the bird at Van Pig, enraging him into only being able to attack, meaning his attempts to create illusory copies and make the sun shine, utterly worthless. This means Gage is free to inject Van Pig with a deadly toxin, that will only intensify. God I love Toxic. Gage follows up by flipping a coin straight into Van Pig's eye! Where did he get that? Who knows. But it transforms itself into a TC for Ragnarokalex's use after the battle... But then Gage's Amulet Coin glows brightly, causing the TC to split into two, in some bizarre meiosis (fuck yeah A2 Biology). I think I'm seeing Ragnarokalex's plan here... But Van Pig, frustrated at his inability to do anything significant this round, crashes into Gage whilst ON FIRE. KA-BLAM. There goes a fifth of his HP! As for the bums around the arena, they're doing nothing... FOR NOW! Now, let's look at the standings...

Calcs:
Nidoking used Taunt (10 energy, Pignite Taunted)
Van Pig used Double Team x4. But it failed! (16 energy)
Nidoking used Toxic (7 energy, Pignite fatally poisoned)
Van Pig used Sunny Day. But it failed! (10 energy)
Pignite took poison damage (1)
Nidoking used Pay Day (6 damage, 2 energy, +2 TC)
Pignite used Flare Blitz (20 damage, 8 energy)
Pignite took poison damage (1)

Team Ragnarokalex

HP: 80
Energy: 81
Stats: +2 TC at the end of the battle.

Team Lady Salamence

Van Pig@Nothing (Blaze)
HP: 92
Energy: 66

By the way, Lady Salamence, you need to display the size/weight classes for each Pokémon now...

Alex's orders.

Assuming Sheer Force is off.

Team Ragnarokalex

HP: 80
Energy: 81
Stats: +2 TC at the end of the battle.
Actions: Disable Flare Blitz - Pay Day - Earth Power

Team Lady Salamence

Van Pig@Nothing (Blaze)
HP: 92
Status: Taunted 3 actions, fatally poisoned (2 DPA this round)
Actions: Magnitude - Protect - Magnitude

Meanwhile back at the 11th Street Lot... Gage starts off by forming a mental link with Van Pig, and temporarily erasing that nasty Flare Blitz from his memory. Smart move. Van Pig responds with a Magnitude attack, not quite an Earthquake, but still pretty hard! Magnitude 7 in fact. But this may not have been a bright move on Lady Salamence's part, as the bums do NOT react kindly to the shockwave!

"Police brutality, police brutality!"

"We're not gonna pay rent! Cause everything is rent!" Looks like the chance of them becoming restless and mooing just went up 10%. In addition, one of the more drunken bums staggers over to Van Pig, and smacks him upside the head with his bottle of Jack Daniels (I did WHAT with my sister?!). Goddamnit, where's Maureen to calm these guys down? Sensing danger, Van Pig tries to set up a protective shield, but he's still under the effects of Taunt, and cannot! This allows Gage to once again, flick a coin into his eyes. More TC for Ragnarokalex once we're done here! Gage follows up by blasting Van Pig from below, with the almighty power of the earth itself. Van Pig tries another Magnitude, but this time it is slightly weaker. Magnitude 6, exactly. Again, the bums do not like this, and the chance of them protesting and mooing rises again! The same drunken bum smacks Van Pig, and grumbles "Cuh dat ow..." I think he meant "Cut that out?"

Calcs:
Nidoking used Disable (7 energy, Flare Blitz Disabled 6a)
Pignite used Magnitude, Magnitude 7 (15 damage, 6 energy)
The bums became more restless! (+10% mooing chance)
Bum used Jack Smack (5 damage Pignite)
Pignite took poison damage (2)
Pignite used Protect. But it failed! (7 energy)
Nidoking used Pay Day (6 damage, 2 energy, +2 TC)
Nidoking used Earth Power (23 damage, 6 energy)
Pignite used Magnitude, Magnitude 6 (14 damage, 6 energy)
The bums became more restless! (+10% mooing chance)
Bum used Jack Smack (5 damage Pignite)
The bums remained as they were (40% chance of mooing)

Team Ragnarokalex

HP: 51
Stats: +4 TC at the end of the battle.

Team Lady Salamence

Van Pig@Nothing (Blaze)
HP: 47
Energy: 47
Status: Fatally poisoned (3 DPA this round), Flare Blitz disabled 3a.

Flavourless reffing because I have another match to do after this and it's a goddamn doubles *grumble grumble*

Team Ragnarokalex

HP: 51
Stats: +4 TC at the end of the battle.
Actions: Earth Power - Pay Day - Earth Power

Team Lady Salamence

Van Pig@Nothing (Blaze)
HP: 47
Energy: 47
Status: Fatally poisoned (3 DPA this round), Flare Blitz disabled 3a.
Actions: Rollout *3

I assume Sheer Force is still off as Ragnarokalex hasn't specified otherwise.

Calcs:
Nidoking used Earth Power! (23 damage, 10 energy)
Pignite used Rollout! (miss, miss, 5 energy)
(At this point I rolled to see if the missed attack hit a bum. Roll >500 = hit, roll = 367, miss. Just to clarify.)
Pignite took poison damage! (3)
Nidoking used Pay Day! (6 damage, 2 energy, +2 TC)
Pignite used Rollout! (5 damage, 5 energy)
Pignite took poison damage! (3)
Nidoking used Earth Power! (23 damage, 6 energy)
Pignite fainted!

GAME!

Team Ragnarokalex

HP: 46
Energy: 48
Stats: +6 TC at the end of the battle.

Team Lady Salamence

Van Pig@Nothing (Blaze)
HP: KO

GG to both.

I gain 2 RC.

Lady Salamence gains 2 TC.

Ragnarokalex gains EIGHT TC. Goddamn, I gotta get me an Amulet Coin.

Gage the Nidoking gains 3 MC, 1 KO.

Van Pig gains 1 EC, 2 MC, 1 DC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)