Ragnarokalex Vs Spenstar at some Random Park!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hey Guys! Dark Pulse Reporting in on Spenstar's Movements, Since I lost against him in that muddy bog, I've been tracking his battles to learn his Stra-
-I mean... We've become really good friends! ah-haa-ah *nervous Laugh*
Anyway, this is how the Battle was decided:

Yay just got approved! Looking for someone to help me kick things off:
Beginner Battle
3v3 singles
DQ Time 1 day/ref 2 day
Standard recovery/chills
Arena - Park
A basic park setting with a few trees spotting the field and temperate skies
Sorry if I'm slow or if I make a mistake or two, it'll be my first time so I'll be trying to get the hang of it.
Consider your challenge accepted.

Switch = KO
One Ability (I prefer to go with all, but I have the DW ability unlocked on one of my first-stage mons and this option will allow me to not use it, thus not breaking the beginner battle rules)
No Items

Being a flavor nut, I'd like to make a few purely aesthetical changes to the arena as well as a slight flavor backstory for my side of the battle. Sorry, I come from a community chock-full of RPs and backstory and interpretation, it's a subconcious thing fo rme xD and it'll make things more fun.

Arena Changes: The battlefield's at night, under a full moon and a starry sky. The moon and stars provide ample light so sight isn't a problem, and all moves legal in a daytime park are legal at night. Also, I assume there's no source for water for Surf, but EQ and similar moves are legal?
Spenstar just brutally lost a battle in the park he used to go to all those years ago, when his life wasn't completely messed up. The loss and the jeering from the little kids watching brought back painful memories of bullies who used to beat him in that same park and mock him. It also brought back memories of his sister, as the two used to work together to defeat the bullies, but now she's nothing short of evil and crazy. Overwhelmed by greif and frustration, a restless Spenstar walkes through the park at night, trying to let go of the old memories. That's when he saw Kalex and they began a battle; maybe this is what Spenstar needs to get better!

Ok, Simple enough, The arena Does have a small pond, unlike when Spenstar was a kid- oh, wow... Spenstar's really Opening up there... Maybe I should go look for that sister of his *cough cough* - anyway! Let's get this battle underway!

Team Ragnerokalex
Ragnarok (M)
Nature: Adamant
Type:
Psychic: Psychic STAB; less susceptible to blinding, more susceptible to sound-based assaults as far as locking on with Psychic attacks, can lift and throw opponents with Psychic attacks regardless of weight difference. Psychic-type attacks are not godlike and cannot be used as a catchall for Disabling, Binding, and redirecting opposing attacks.

Abilities:
Synchronize: (Innate) Pokemon with this ability mentally link their condition to an opposing Pokemon and pass on any status inflicted on them to their foe. Due to their body structure, Poison types cannot be poisoned and Fire types cannot be burned in this manner.
Trace: (Can be activtated) This Pokemon can copy an ability of the opponent and replace Trace for six (6) actions. Wonder Guard cannot be Traced.
Telepathy: (Innate) This Pokemon has a mental link with its allies in multiple allies, allowing it to avoid taking damage from attacks that affect the whole field like Earthquake and Surf. (Dream World)

Stats:
HP: 90
Atk: Rank 2 (+)
Def: Rank 1
SpA: Rank 1 (-)
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 40

EC: 0/9
MC: 0
DC: 0/5

Attacks:
Growl*
Confusion*
Teleport*
Double Team*
Lucky Chant*
Magical Leaf*
Heal Pulse*
Calm Mind*

Will o Wisp*
Confuse Ray*
Shadow Sneak*

Thunder Wave*
Protect*
Safeguard*

Kalihn (M)
Nature:Modest
Type: Fire
Fire: Fire STAB; immune to burn, 50% reduction in freeze chance, emit a low glow in dark places, takes additional damage if active open flames are exposed to a water attack. Superior senses in volcanic or brushfire areas.

Abilities:
Flame Body: (Innate) This Pokemon’s external temperature is kept at such a high level that any contact attack used on this Pokemon has a 30% chance of burning the opponent.
Type: (Innate) This Pokemon has a high vitality and alertness making it immune to sleep induced by other Pokemon. Its normal state of sleeplessness makes it take 1 less damage/action from Ghost Curse. If it is put to sleep by a Pokemon with Mold Breaker it will wake up the next action. (Dream World)

Stats:
Atk: Rank 2(-)
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 4 (+)
Spe: 83

Attacks:
Ember*
Smog*
Leer*
Fire Punch*
Smoke Screen*
Faint Attack*
Fire Spin*
Confuse Ray*

Barrier*
Mach Punch*
Thunder Punch*

Toxic*
Protect*
Flamethrower*

Daezara (F)
Nature: Modest
Type: Electric/Dragon
Electric: Electric STAB; 50% reduction in paralysis chance from other electrical attacks, perfect accuracy and 30% chance of Protect breaking Thunder during Rain. Superior senses in power plant environments.
Dragon: Dragon STAB; More in touch with legendary or special auras in arenas. Able to use Hyper Beam and Giga Impact without losing focus.

Abilities:
Shield Dust: (Innate) This pokemon has dust covering the outside of its body that prevents opponents secondary effects from taking place (eg burn from Flamethrower). It does not block direct status moves (such as Thunder Wave.)
Static: (Innate) This pokemon’s body is surrounded by an electric field that has a 30% chance of paralyzing opponents that use contact moves on this pokemon.
Sheer Force : (Can be Enabled) This Pokemon can energize all its attacks with secondary effect chances less than 100%. When Enabled, the Base Attack Power of every move with an effect chance less than 100% increases by two (2), but they will never have a secondary effect. (Dreamworld)

Stats:
Atk: Rank 1 (-)
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 4 (+)
Spe: 60

Attacks:
Tackle*
Growl*
Dragon Rage*
Charge*
Thundershock*
Rain Dance*
Sonicboom*
Leer*
Twister*
Spark*

Hydro Pump*
Dragonbreath*
Signal Beam*

Thunder*
Hidden Power Fighting(7)*
Protect*

Team Spenstar

Scraggy [Brick] (Male)
Nature: Adamant

Type:
Fighting: Fighting STAB; ignore weight restrictions of throwing/grappling moves. Superior reaction time in close quarters.
Dark: Dark STAB; Immunity to all telepathic and telekinetic attacks, better performance in all darkened and especially twilight conditions. Can use any Dark-type attack regardless of Attraction.
About Brick: Spenstar found Brick in the muddy plains after his second battle. Using Grave, (Ruby was tired from the battle) Spenstar fought the Scraggy and won. Upon capturing him, he decided to nickname him Brick, after his determination to overcome any obstacle, even a brick wall. Brick is pretty young, and full of heart and excitement. He always cheers his team on in battles that he's not involved in, and fights to his limits constantly when he's in a battle. His claim to fame is defeating a Scyther and then a Gengar with no break in between, before even evolution. Since unlocking his hidden powers, Brick has gained the ability to leave a lasting scare on his opponents, something he always wanted to do.

Stats:
Scraggy
Atk: Rank 4(+)
SpA: Rank 1(-)
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 48

EC: 3/6
DC: 5/5 DW Unlocked!

Abilities:
Moxie: (Innate) This Pokemon gets psyched after it earns a KO on an opposing Pokemon, increasing its attack by one (1) stage. This boost is maintained at the end of each round.
Shed Skin: (Innate) This Pokemon regularly sheds its skin and any impurities contained in its body. If afflicted with a status condition, this Pokemon has a 33% chance of removing all status conditions at the end of a round.
Intimidate: (DW) (Can be Activated) When this Pokemon initially goes out into the battlefield, it generates an intimidating roar or war cry that shakes all opponents on the battlefield, reducing thier Attack stage by one (1). The attack drop is maintained at the end of each round. If an opponent switches in a new Pokemon, Intimidate can be activated again.

Attacks:
Leer
Low Kick
Sand-Attack
Faint Attack
Headbutt
Swagger
Brick Break
Payback
Hi Jump Kick
Focus Punch
Crunch

Zen Headbutt
Drain Punch
Counter
Fake Out

Toxic
Rock Slide
Bulk Up
Poison Jab

Rebble [Rabbi]
Type:
Rock: Rock STAB; Take 2 less damage from all special attacks during Sandstorm. Able to use Sand Tomb without losing focus.
About Rabbi: When Spenstar met Rabbi, it was among a group of Rebble, Bolderdash, and Stratagem in a mysterious cave. Rabbi was adventerous and wanted to see the world, so the group's leader Stratagem allowed a battle between Spenstar and Rabbi that would decide the latter's fate. Spenstar won, and Rabbi joined his team. Rabbi and Brick quickly became best friends due to being the youngest team members, and Spenstar spent about a week after capturing Rabbi flying to faraway places by airline, to fuffil Rabbi's desire to see the world. Apart from travel, Rabbi's passion is battling, and is itching to experience its first battle.

Spenstar is proficent at speaking and understanding the language of Pokemon just as well as his own, as a result of spending years with Pokemon as his only family. He nicknamed this Pokemon "Rabbi" because he noticed (and appreciated) a distinct Jewish accent in the way it speaks. For reasons unknown, this accent was not present in any other members of Rabbi's original group, with the exception of the lead Stratagem.

Stats:
Atk: Rank 1(-1)
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 4(+1)
Spe: 90

EC: 1/9
DC: 1

Abilities:
Levitate: (Innate) This Pokemon naturally floats above the earth when released or easily takes flight, evading Ground moves like Earthquake, Bulldoze, and Magnitude. Other Ground moves can still hit.
Technician: (Innate) This Pokemon is more skilled at performing weaker moves, causing any of their attacks that normally deal 6 or below base damage to have their base damage multiplied by 1.5. (e.g. Aerial Ace goes from 6 to 9, Mach Punch goes from 4 to 6, etc.) The Energy Cost for a one-hit or two-hit attack is increased by one (1). Each hit in a multi-hit move is boosted by one (1) damage, and the Energy Cost for multi-hit attacks is increased by two (2).
Mold Breaker (DW): (locked) (Innate) Whenever this Pokemon attacks, it emits an invisible, blindingly quick pulse preceding the attack that disables the opponents natural abilities (e.g. Levitators plummet towards the ground before Earthquake hits, Volt Absorb will not absorb electric attacks, Clear Body does not prevent stat-drops, etc.)

Attacks:
Tackle
Defense Curl
Rollout
Rock Blast
Disable
Acupressure
Mud Shot
Power Gem
Ancientpower
Metal Sound
Paleo Wave

Flamethrower
Sandstorm
Hidden Power (Flying, 6)

Swift

Monohm [Puff] (Female, Shiny) (Shiny Sprite made by Spenstar : D)
Type: Electric/Dragon
Electric: Electric STAB; 50% reduction in paralysis chance from other electrical attacks, perfect accuracy and 30% chance of Protect breaking Thunder during Rain. Superior senses in power plant environments.
Dragon: Dragon STAB; More in touch with legendary or special auras in arenas. Able to use Hyper Beam and Giga Impact without losing focus.
About Puff: When Spenstar first saw Puff, she was an abandoned pink egg in the Pokemon day-care. Spenstar offered to buy the egg for two Trainer Counters, an offer which the day-care man accepted. While traveling the world with Rabbi, Spenstar also took care of the egg, giving it love and affection that a Pokemon egg should get. When the egg hatched, the Pokemon inside was revealed to be a pink female Monohm, which Spenstar named Puff. Since then, Spenstar has considered Puff to be like his own child, and has been the best father figure he can be for her, and she loves him with all her heart as a result. The other Pokemon on the team welcomed Puff and think of her as their little sister. Brick specifically takes on a "big brother" role for Puff, perhaps because the role of "youngest Pokemon on team" has shifted from Brick to Puff.

Puff is the first Shiny Monohm ever discovered, which gives her a tough of individuality no other Monohm can boast.

Stats:
Atk: Rank 1(-1)
SpA: Rank 4(+1)
Spe: 60

EC: 2/9
DC: 3/5

Abilities:
Shield Dust: (Innate) This pokemon has dust covering the outside of its body that prevents opponents secondary effects from taking place (eg burn from Flamethrower). It does not block direct status moves (such as Thunder Wave.)
Static: (Innate) This pokemon’s body is surrounded by an electric field that has a 30% chance of paralyzing opponents that use contact moves on this pokemon.
Sheer Force (DW): (Locked) (Can be Enabled) This Pokemon can energize all its attacks with secondary effect chances less than 100%. When Enabled, the Base Attack Power of every move with an effect chance less than 100% increases by two (2), but they will never have a secondary effect.

Attacks:
Tackle
Growl
Leer
Dragon Rage
Charge
Thundershock
Rain Dance
Twister
Spark
Sonicboom
Slack Off
Hurricane

Heal Bell
Hydro Pump
DragonBreath

Flamethrower
Thunderbolt
Volt Switch
Dragon Pulse

Way this should go:
1. Alex Sends out his Pokemon
2. Spenstar Sends out his Pokemon and gives Actions
3. Alex post's Actions
4. I ref like a newb (not a noob, it's very different)
5. Alex Posts
6. Spenstar Posts
7. I ref again (less noobish this time)
8. Spenstar Posts
Repeat steps 3-8 until browned and season to taste!

I know you've been stalking me Dark Pulse -_- now come out of the shadows and I'll teach you everything I know :D

That is, everything I learned in improvisational theatre, before joining ASB. It's all about being rescorceful, thinking outside the box. And making sure the ref thinks the same way you do >_>

And BTW, my sister would sooner kill you than date you. Or she'd hold you as a hostage... I hope you're kinky like that xDD

Anyway, let's go, BRICK! Use Fake Out, followed by a double-whammy of Crunches! If Ralts uses a non-offensive move on you for whatever reason on the second or third action, make a 15 HP Substitute instead of one of those crunches. (being rescoreful is hard when you're attacking first lol)

edit: Brick's ability will be Shed Skin. I didn;t hear from Ralts about what HIS ability's going to be though...

OK Ragnarok lets make this first battle a success! start off by Protecting yourself from that nasty flinching attack. Then lets use growl to get him behind that substitute and start working on knocking it down with Magical Leaf!

Protect-Growl-Magical Leaf

PS. forgot we had to choose abilities, ill choose synchronize

Moves:
Protected from Fake Out (Iirc)
Substitute Blocks Growl (I'll look and see if that's right, but it happens in-game, so...)
POWAH Crunch Vs Magical Leaf (A special Attack, so probs not gonna break dat sub...)

RNG rolls:
Crit Rolls for Crunch/Magical Leaf: No Crits.
no -def from crunch

NRG
-8(.3333...) on ralts, and 4 on scraggy
-12 on scraggy, and 4 on ralts
-6 on scraggy, and 5 on ralts

final:
Scraggy: 78%
Ralts: 83%

HP
-15 HP on scraggy (sub)
-22.5 hp on Ralts (crunch)
-3.5 hp on substitute (magical leaf)

final:
Scraggy: 75
Ralts: 67
Sub: 11

full ref:

90 HP
100% NRG
no status

Vs

90 HP
100% NRG
no status​

---
*chirp chirp* (checks watch) *chirp chirp*
Hear that? That is a snowy Tree Cricket.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prafMmD_mx8 (sorry, but it was too funny)
Anyway, Enough about Dolbear's Law, It appears the Battle is starting!
Ok! TOn this clear night in the empty park, Lit only By Streetlamps and vertical path-lights, Begins the Battle against Spenny and Alex, two Trainers set upon a friendly Challenge.

Alex Starts by Sending out Ragnerok the Ralts. Spenstar Quickly responds with Brick the Scraggy! The Battle starts off very intense, as Brick Rushes in with a Fake out! - but the fast-witted ragnerok Protects itself with a psychic barrierto block all the damage, just look at those Moves!

Quickly recovering from the Close encounter, Ragnerock Growls oh-so seductively at Brick in an attept to lower it's attack... but to no avail, It only Growled at a substitute!

Surprised by the sudden substitute, Ragnerock tries to Break it with a Magical Leaf, Just as the Quick-as-a flash Brick (lol) triple-jump's off the substitutes head, leaps clear over the magical leaf, (that was a close shave ^_^) and Crunches down on ragnerock.

As the Trainer's think of their next moves, I'm going to go asess the Damages:
---

67 HP
83% NRG
no status

Vs

75 HP
78% NRG
11 HP Sub​

---​

ok, it seems that Magical Leaf did almost nothing to Brick's Substitute, but Brick showed off some nice moves, bunching off the substitute to leap right over that magic leaf, and crunch down on Ralt's head (purely for flavour, nothing to do with damage calcs) - but anyeay, it's spenstar's turn to post!​

could you edit the energy count into the end of the post? Like, tell us how much energy Brick and Ralts have left? Thanks

BTW: There was an error with Brick's movepool you should probably address. Earthquake is actually Poison Jab

lol thats fine dark.

hmm this isnt looking good Ragnarok, lets try for a little luck and double team 4 copies into being so we have a little defense, then follow up with 2 magical leaves!

Double Team 4 clones - Magical Leaf - Magical Leaf

Piece of cake, Brick ol' buddy. Crunch-Faint Attack-Crunch

with faint attack, those clones aren't fooling you, and you're faster (WTF) so you'll crunch 'im before he can double team.

yes Spenstar, I know...

ok, lemme just switch over to IE, then I'll do the full update:
Crunch with consecutive energy cost
Double team with 4 clones
Faint attack (can this hit a clone? I think not, but still...)
Magical Leaf
Crunch
Leaf consecutive

Critical hit
To crit, <=64
all rolls >65

CrunchDEF-Drop
5 to lower
roll 1: 5
roll 2: 5 (I know, HAX

Crunch, -22.5 hp, -10% NRG
Double Team, -16% NRG

Faint attack, -21 HP, -4% NRG
Magical Leaf -3.5 HP, -5% NRG

Crunch, -25.5 HP, -6% NRG
Magical Leaf, -3.5 HP, -9% NRG

TOTAL
-69 HP KO | -20% NRG
-7 HO | -irrelevant% NRG

finish up soon, busy ATM

67 HP
83% NRG
No stats
Vs

75 HP
78% NRG
11 HP Sub​

---​

Ok! Seems it's cleanup time for Brick, who leads off with a Powerful Crunch on Ragnarok, Lowering It's Defence!, who responds by flodding the field with 4 copies of itself... Is it Double Teaming on Brick?
Those Clones do nothing to affect Brick, however, who uses a Faint Attack, striking the real Ralts while it's guard is down. All the clones disperse - What a waste!
The Match Finishes off with another Deadly Crunch upon Ragnarok, ending the battle with a KO'd Ragnarok...
---​

0 HP
Vs

75 HP
58% NRG
4 HP Sub​

Alex, Send out your next Poke! Spen, Use Moves, Alex, counterattack!​

sorry I can't write flavor ATM, Im a little busy, but it will be done before the DQ time!​

lol Ragnarok's waiting for his evolutionary days. Anyway were cover for that miscalculation with Daezara (monohm)! Lets lay down some hurt to really get this match going!

Ragnarok's in an awkward stage, but it's okay. He'll realize his potential eventually, as a Gallade.

Okay Brick, Focus Punch-Payback-Toxic

Let's do this!

Alright Daezara, lets get set up so we can get some real damage going so we can make up for lost ground! Start by using your hidden power to disrupt that Focus Punch, then lets start a rain dance so we can have some fun in the rain, then finish up by protecting against that toxic attack because i know how much u dislike poisoning!

Hidden Power - Rain Dance - Protect

Oh btw my ability will be static

ok, Once again, reffing will take some time (but not as much this time), so I'm writing the quick summary now:

ref's notes said:
Monohom is Faster:
HP Fighting, SE Damage, Substitute Fades (guess, but probs right)
FalconFocus Punch! Neutral STAB Damage

Rain Dance
Payback, no bonus

Toxic cockblocked by protect

Critical Hits: Hidden Power only
no other RNG rolls relevant

-19 HP from punch
-14 HP from Payback (total -33 hp)(58)

-5 NGR from HP Fight
-9 NRG from F-punch

-10 NRG from Rain dance
-7 NRG from Payback

-7 NRG from protect (total 22 NRG)(78)
-7 NRG from Toxic (total 23 NRG)(35)

90 HP
100% NRG
No Status
Vs

75 HP
58% NRG
4 HP Sub​

---​
-Brick is Tightening it's Focus-
Well! Ragnarokalex sends in his next Poke, Daezara the Monohom! Who Quickly uses a secretive Hidden Power to Blow Brick's Substitute to Smitherines! Not only was it Super Effective, But it scored a Critical Hit - not that it mattered, as it only dealt 4 damage, due to it being on a substitute! Bad luck Alex :-(
-Brick used Focus Punch!-
Ouch! That's Gotta hurt!
But that doesn't bring Monohom down, she quickly starts a tribal beat, and dancing the Dance of Rain! - Brick decides to respond by Paying him Back for beating him to an attack!
Finally, Brick decides to be evil and launches a Toxic gas at Monohom - but it did nothing! Monohom was Protecting himself with a strange barrier!
---​

58 HP
78% NRG
No Status
It's Raining (4 more rounds)
Vs

75 HP
35% NRG
No Status​

---​

wow! Brick is on Fire! Tune in Next time to see if Daezara will be able to turn the tides!​

Lols, i think im up next, so Daezara lets really start to lay down some hurt! Call down some horrible Thunder and lightning, then follow up with a vicious Hydro Pump then finish up with another bout of horrible Thunder. and if he uses Swagger at any time go ahead and protect against it so u can keep a cool head.

Thunder - Hydro Pump - Thunder
Sub Protect if Swagger is used

@Dark Pulse: Payback DOES get the bonus because Brick moved second, actually. With that in mind...

Swagger-Payback-Drain Punch

ok, now to start reffing this round 0_0

ref notes said:
protect(failed)/Swagger, H-pump/payback, thunder/D-punch

Crit: None
Swagger: succesful, Severe (3 actions)
H-pump, hurt self >_<
payback
thunder hurt self >_<
D-punch

-8 HP from confusion (total)
-9.5 HP (10) from Payback (5 base power, partially to compensate, partially because Monohm didn't attack
-12.5 HP (12) from D-punch [6 HP drained]
TOTAL 30 HP lost

-7 from Swagger
-12 from D-punch
-7 from Payback (total 27)

-? from failed protect
-6 from hurts
so sorry, guys, but the RNG doesn't lie...
so Scraggy gets another free sweep, he really is a Brick
horrible luck to Alex... reminds me of that horrible luck against Bulbasaur *fumes*

Spenny, you sure you aren't a Jirachi? Or perhaps Togekiss?
Ok, ok... Froslass, it's gotta be froslass :p

----
Start round:

58 HP
78% NRG
No Status
It's Raining (4 more rounds)
Vs

75 HP
35% NRG
No Status
---
Flavour
---
End Round​

28 HP
78% NRG
No Status
It's Raining (3 more rounds)
Vs

81 HP
8% NRG
No Status​

brick is on fire! but he's gonna need to chill very soon, or he'll wear himself out!​

Brick, you are absolutely amazing. Time to finally beat a Monohm, ol' buddy!

Chill-Payback-Crunch

BTW,one of these days I'm going to capture that Jirachi that's been stalking me x)

...so it WAS a Jirachi...

ok, let's see if I can do the reffing, AND finish the flavour on the last round -.-'
...please, don't post until I've finished the flavour this time... It really helps...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)