XY OU Rain Offense(Mega Ampharos version)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ampharos @ Ampharosite
Ability: Static
EVs: 112 HP / 252 SpA / 144 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Agility
- Focus Blast
- Dragon Pulse

Agility allows ampharos to outspeed everything unboosted in OU withsome added bulk.
thunder its main stab since it will be under rain most of the time can leave large dents in anything that does not resist along with dragon pulse and focus blast to hit ferrothorn.

Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 132 HP / 160 SpA / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Knock Off
- Focus Blast
- U-turn

Since its rain hurricane is the move of choice spammable with confusion effect able to hit venusaur for super effective damage. knock off there can hurt chansey and take away leftovers overall a great move. focus blast gives good coverage and its speed tier is great able to scout using u-turn.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 248 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed

ferrothorn can counter azumarill who benefits from rain with power whip also dealing massive damage to tyranitar to win weather wars easier. leech seed for added recovery keeps the team healthy and will make opponent likely to switch after losing passive damage multiple turns. stealth rock cuts off charizard ,talonflame ,mega pinsir ,and many other mons from switching as much residual damage adds up over time.

Kingdra @ Expert Belt
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 40 HP / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Expert belt is the item for this team able to lure in ferrothorn and hit them with hp fire and able to fake a choice item. Hydro pump main attack under rain is able to dent or ohko anything that doesnt resist,ice beam give great coverage,and draco meteor rounds it out for inflicting massive damage to anything not fairy or steel.

Politoed @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Ice Beam
- Scald
- Hypnosis
- Rain Dance

Politoed its rain so pretty much a given, bulky with scald for inflicting burns and overall a great move. hypnosis to catch mons on the switch,ice beam for added coverage,rain dance to catch mega zard of tyranitar on the switch and forcing them out.
this set aims to stay alive long enough to switch in and out multiple times if needed while not being setup fodder able to cause burns or sleep.

Kabutops @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
- Aqua Jet
- Swords Dance

Another sweeper great in rain usually the one that cleans up with SD. aqua jet is to pick off weakened mons. able to counter talonflame is great for me and able to take out a majority of mons after a swords dance. Only comes out after steel types are gone since ferrothorn walls this set pretty hard.

Hey there~~~

Your team looks solid to me, but I would change something to make it even better than of now. At first, your Ferrothorn really wants Protect in its moveset. Protect is an incredibily helpful move on it, as it allows to recover more HP with Leech Seed but most important because it allows to scout the move that Choice users decided to use, and that's really useful when you're facing things like Keldeo for example. To be honest, I'd remove Power Whip and use Protect instead of it, in my experience I found out that Gyro Ball is more useful than it, especially vs. mons like Pinsir, Dragonite and Gardevoir that would have a more easily life otherwise. Then, I suggest you to change Kingdra's set in a Choice Specs one. Choice Specs Kingdra is one of the best hard hitters in Rain, so I don't see any reason not to use it. You also may want to use Dragon Pulse and Scald in place of both Hidden Power Fire and Ice Beam. Scald is helpful when you want to burn things, and it's strong enough in Rain so you often don't need to risk a Hydro Pump miss, while Dragon Pulse can act like a good move for the late game. Ice Beam is quite pointless to me, adding coverage on pretty much nothing, while Hidden Power Fire doesn't hit hard Ferrothorn and the other Steel-type mons in Rain. Especially for the first, trying to burn it with Scald is way better imo. Now, looking at your Kabutops, you can try out Low Kick in place of Sword Dance to hit things like Ferrothorn harder. In my experience, in rain Kabutops is already strong enough to sweep weakened teams, so you don't really need the adding power Sword Dance gives. Otherwise, you probably want to have a better coverage, and being stopped by Ferrothorn which is quite common nowadays, is bad imo so you can try out Low Kick and see how it works for you. Finally, you can try other moves on Politoed instead of Rain Dance but this is optional. Moves like Encore, Perish Song and Hydro Pump can be all usable. Especially the first is nice because allows Politoed to not being setup fodder so I would give it a try.

Hope I helped you :) good luck with your team, cheers~~~

Last edited:

ShootingStarmie

Bulletproof
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hi there. I'm sorry but I'm going to have to lock this thread. Your RMT lacks detailed descriptions, and your format isn't very neat. Please feel free to PM me once you think you can update this, thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)