Rain Team Peaked DW Ubers at 51/17600 on PO server

Hey Smogonites, welcome to my second RMT. My first RMT was a Stall-Sandstorm team, but it didn’t work out to well. So I decided to try my hand with Rain. Feel free to be as brutally harsh as you want, any tips or advice is helpful. This team peaked on the DW Ubers ladder at 51/17600, on the Pokemon Online server. So, without further ado, here it is.

Now the making of my team was simple. I didn’t actually create the team, I used the Rain Offense Guide Uber team on the Smogon website, and tweaked it so it would fit in the current metagame. I am currently testing Darkrai and Palkia in the place of Kingdra.

Dialga a.k.a roar?@ Lum Berry
Timid 252 Special Attack 252 Speed
1. Dragon Pulse
2. Flamethrower
3. Thunder
4. Stealth Rocks

As my lead, I wanted it to be as fast as possible, and still deal out damage. Dragon Pulse is obvious, as nothing resists it, except Steel. Flamethrower comes in handy for Ferrothorns, Scizors, and the occasional Genesect. Thunder is there for more coverage, and I find the extra power more useful than Thunderbolt. Stealth Rocks is just to hurt incoming foes, and break their Sash, if they have one. Lum Berry works out great when Darkrai tries to put me to sleep, or if I get the unfortunate burn from a Scald.

Kyogre a.k.a. FatDolphin@ Chesto Berry
Bold 252 HP 176 Defense 80 Speed[/FONT]
1. Scald
2. Rest
3. Calm Mind
4. Ice Beam
Kyogre is the Rainmaster of the team, as it supplies us with infinite rain. 252 EV’s in HP allow my to live 4 Seismic Toss’s, and the extra bulk helps. Scald over Surf, because the burn chance can really come in handy when people try to set up on me. Ice Beam is good coverage, hitting Dragon types like Rayquaza, who would kill my rain. Rest is great for recovery, and along with the Chesto Berry, it works great.

Latias a.k.a. Golden@ Soul Dew
Timid 252 Special Attack 252 Speed
1. Ice Beam
2. Thunder
3. Recover
4. Dragon Pulse
Soul Dew is great, as it gives me plus 50% to my Special Attack and Special Defense. Dragon Pulse is my main move, but Thunder and Ice Beam give me great coverage also. Before, I had Calm Mind in place of Ice Beam, but I never found the time to set up, so I switched it with Ice Beam. Recover is just a good move to have if I’m in need of HP, but I don’t find myself using it that often.

Metagross a.k.a. X@ Air Balloon
Adamant 208 HP 140 Attack 160 Speed
1. Bullet Punch
2. EQ
3. Pursuit
4. Explosion
[My spread allows me to outspeed some things, but I honestly don’t remember. Bullet Punch is there for priority and STAB, and lets me revenge kill lots of things. Pursuit is for Latios and the such, who think they can switch out, but nope. EQ is there to hit Jirachi’s, Tyranitars, etc. Explosion got nerfed this Gen, but is still useful when I have a Chansey trying to stall me out or a Arceus with Swords Dance.

Kingdra a.k.a. Queendra @Life Orb
Adamant 40 HP 164 Attack 124 Special Attack 180 Speed
1. Waterfall
2. Outrage
3. Draco Meteor
4. Yawn
I know the spread seems weird, but it works. Waterfall and Outrage are my main moves, but if I don’t feel like being confused, I have my one time use Draco Meteor. Yawn is super helpful, as it puts sweepers to sleep, allowing me to kill it, or switch to my Metagross to go Boom. The Life Orb is necessary, as Kingdra isn’t the strongest of pokes.

Kabutops a.k.a. Scyther@ Focus Sash
Adamant 252 Attack 252 Speed
1. Confuse Ray
2. Waterfall
3. Rapid Spin
4. Low Kick
I have a Focus Sash, as Kabutops is sorta frail and the sash just allows me to get one hit in before I die. Rapid Spin is when the opponent gets their SR, Spikes or T. Spikes up, I can just spin them away. Low Kick is ueful for various things, like Darkrai or Kyogre. Waterfall deals out a bunch of damage as I am max Attack. Confuse Ray is for when I’m at 1HP and I can confuse them, then proceed to (try) kill them off with Waterfall.

im rating cause i feel sorry for u

draco meteor over pulse on dialga
take off confuse ray on kabutops and replace it with edge

i'm not sure but maybe you can swap metagross because scizor has got the ability to get a sweep with bullet punch(i've rarely seen that in ubers but still...), the set you use is up to you. but i suggest a cb set for revenging extremekiller arceus with only +2(as they won't kill you with ES)while you use bullet punch to make sure that they dont do weird things like eq or brick break.
and i suggest using the standard scarf-palkia instead of kingdra. it is not really original but it works since its
offensive stats are just sooooo much better.

(and just something fun, call your kyogre free willy) ^^
one more thing, imo kabutops isn't really an ubers poke and if u wanna use it
go sd.
sd, get knocked to your sash and sweep, the last thing will be hard in ubers. so u can use it best in late game when everyone is already weakened

thats my advise, i'm still a noob so if you have got advise for my advise i'll hear from you
xp

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)