Gen 6 Rain Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played around 50+ matches on showdown, and can quite quickly wipe out teams which aren't ready for it. However, I struggling too often with certain checks and am looking for advice.

Politoed
Move 1 Scald
Move 2 Toxic
Move 3 Encore
Move 4 Rest
Item Damp Rock
Ability Drizzle
Nature Calm
EVs 248 HP 164 SpD 96 Spe

This is self explanatory, three annoying moves that can apply pressure and encore can allow a nice switch in to Pokemon trying to buff.

Kingdra
Move 1. Hydro Pump
Move 2 Draco Meteor
Move 3 Scald
Move 4 Ice Beam
Item Choice Specs
Ability Swift Swim
Nature Modest
EVs 28 HP 252 SpA 228 Spe

Again standerd choice, haven the made much use of ice beam with swampert typically being the better choice and it doesn't get stuck with it but not too sure what to switch it to.

Swampert - Mega
Move 1 Power-up Punch
Move 2 Waterfall
Move 3 Earthquake
Move 4 Ice Punch
Item Swampertite
Ability Damp
Nature AdamantJolly
EVs 252 Atk 4 SpD 252 Spe

This is my MVP with power punch dealing good damage to those it is effective to and regardless being able to sweep effectively even without rain

Azelf
Move 1 Stealth Rock
Move 2 Explosion
Move 3 Rain Dance
Move 4 Taunt
Item Focus Sash
Ability Levitate
Nature Naive
EVs 228 Def 28 SpA 252 Spe

My starter 95% of the time unless they're running specific checks e.g. Things faster than it, and can really help if it manages to use rain dance after SR and then still explode

Tornados - T
Move 1 Hurricane
Move 2 Superpower
Move 3 U-turn
Move 4 Knock Off
Item Assault Vest
Ability Regenerator
Nature Hasty
EVs 96 HP 160 SpA 252 Spe

Struggling to find as much use for this as i would like, with its moves not dealing enough damage to apply enough pressure most of the time.

Skarmory
Move 1 Roost
Move 2 Defog
Move 3 Brave Bird
Move 4 Whirlwind
Item Leftovers
Ability Sturdy
Nature Impish
EVs 252 HP 252 Def 4

Has good use almost every game, being able to switch on things that could sweep with buffs and then keeping that in mind later for politoad to use encore proves handy often, as well as using it to deal good damage to those that's get switched in late game that's struggle to deal with it such a small tyranitar an de slamance.

I have big problems with quick electric uses such as zapdos and wish uses that can take hits such as jirachi, as well as sturdy pokemon that just swallow water moves such as gastrodom and lapras. Thanks for anytime spent to help.

Gross Sweep

Plan Ahead
is a CAP Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Welcome to Smogon! I'm locking your RMT for the time being as your descriptions are lacking and not up to the standard required by the forum rules. Please read the rules carefully and take a look at Team Showcase to see the level of detail we require. PM me with updated descriptions and I'll be happy to unlock this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)