Raining Pain! (Half shuffle, half sweep!)

Good day everyone! Welcome to my RMT!
Today I am going to show my very first team, the one team I've been using for a long time (that I built in 4th Gen originally) of competitive battling, and it's new and best edition of it!
"You can never forget the first team you've ever built" - Unknown player
---
Building Process

This member, is what had me start thinking of this team. I noticed that this forme was not seen around much, so I slapped him on this team.

I noticed that Arceus-Ele gets Thunder, but I knew it'd be missing if I did not have rain around, so Kyogre easily earned his way on this team.

I needed a good tank to set up SR and be able to hit the Ubers with force, and Dialga was the fit I needed for this team.

I knew that the trio was not going to be enough firepower and Blissey was going to be a pain, so I desperately needed a Physical Sweeper. There was another issue at hand, that I was going to need Fire-Type attacks and the rain was in the way. So a Mixed DD Rayquaza was an excellent addition to the team.

I noticed that Offensive Groudon and Physical Arceus-Normal are going to wreck this team, so I added on a Physically Def Giratina-Alt to counteract them.

Alright, I got my team all set, just needed one more member. I needed Rapid Spin support so Rayquaza can be at his fullest, and that this team can get wrecked by hazards. A Bulky Rapid Spin Starmie was added.

... Unfortunately, Starmie was not getting much anywhere. Starmie barely gat any spins off and could almost never take a hit for me, so I replaced him with Forretress. And getting Spikes+SR was a huge benefit for this team.

When Gen 5 was released, I made a lot of modifications to this team over time, as you'll get to see.

---
The team at a closer look...

StruckBy (Arceus-Electric) @ Zap Plate
Trait: Multitype
EVs: 252 Spd / 4 Def / 252 SAtk
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Ice Beam
- Calm Mind
- Recover

Ah, the main Special Sweeper of the team! Arceus-Electric's Ev's make him the fastest (Rayquaza being second) and dish out damage, due to needing a fast and hard hitter. Thunder is best over T-Bolt and Judgement, the chance to cause paralysis and it's power is greatly needed. Plus with the Rain support, it can achieve this! Ice Beam to take on the Dragons and Groudon with much ease, and the other two moves are easily explained by looking at them.
---

Tsunami (Kyogre) @ Leftovers
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 232 HP / 44 SAtk / 232 SDef
Calm Nature
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Thunder
- Roar

Wait, wait, this Kyogre is not choice Scarfed? Yep, it ain't CScarf. It's a more Sp Defensive variant that allows me to take hits from the usual Kyogre counter, Palkia.

252 SpA Palkia Thunder vs. 232 HP / 232+ SpD Kyogre: 168-198 (42.1 - 49.62%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Roar is for shuffling the foes team, as half of this team is meant to do, Ice Beam and Thunder for coverage.
---

Titanic (Dialga) @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 232 HP / 232 Def / 44 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Thunder
- Roar
- Stealth Rock

Ah yes, Dialga! Dialga is the second shuffler of the team and is very important to that matter. Rocks is the usual I do with him, Draco Meteor is arguably the best move on him, nets me damage or Ko's sometimes. Thunder to take advantage of the weather and so I do not have weakened Fire Blasts, as well as for weakened mons so I do not miss Draco or waste Sp Atk. I'm up for some open suggestions for Dialga to replace Thunder, due to little use I have with it.
---

Sea Serpent (Rayquaza) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Air Lock
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature
- Outrage
- Fire Blast
- ExtremeSpeed
- Dragon Dance

Ah the master of Skies, Rayquaza! This team would fail if Rayquaza wasn't around, and with Ferrothorn getting introduced, I had to keep him. I decided to keep Fire Blast over V-Create, since it'd severely cripple him. Yes, I know it has more power, however, it'd slow him down. I need him to be at full speed to keep going, and I needed another way to attack around defenses. Also since this is a Sash Quaza, Iron Barbs would make it a no-go if I had V-Create. Naive nature over Hasty so Genesects get the Sp Atk boost instead of Atk boost, for just in case that they do Ice Beam so I can switch in Ogre.
---

Vortex (Giratina) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
Impish Nature
- Roar
- Will-O-Wisp
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

The Great Wall Giratina! Oh how much I love him! He's my main Physical Wall and EKiller check, as these calcs shows how well:

252+ Atk Life Orb Arceus-Normal Shadow Claw vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Giratina: 133-156 (26.38 - 30.95%) -- possible 4HKO

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Arceus-Normal Shadow Claw vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Giratina: 263-309 (52.18 - 61.3%) -- 96.09% chance to 2HKO

+4 252+ Atk Life Orb Arceus-Normal Shadow Claw vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Giratina: 393-463 (77.97 - 91.86%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Arceus-Normal Shadow Claw vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Giratina: 102-120 (20.23 - 23.8%) -- possible 6HKO

252 Atk Zekrom Outrage vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Giratina: 278-330 (55.15 - 65.47%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

I prefer Roar greatly over Dragon Tail, so I can remove Sub-Users. Will-O-Wisp to burn mons, and the annoying Rest+Talk combo.
---

WaterBomb (Forretress) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SDef
Sassy Nature
- Bug Bite
- Rapid Spin
- Spikes
- Volt Switch

(Totally not a reference to a famous user.) Ah yes, the last and most important member, Forre! Ever since Volt-Switch got introduced in Gen 5, Forre has been performing better, and now can do switch initiatives. Rapid Spin is pretty obvious, spin away hazards. Spikes so I can rack up more damage on switch-ins, and allows Rayquaza's ESpeed to net a few more Ko's. Now, I have Bug Bite, yes. It's real purpose is to combat Deoxys-S and have less time be taken up, and to net some last minute damage on foes (Mewtwo mainly) when it's going to go down. It's more Sp Defensive so I can switch-in on non-effective Sp Attacks, and to help against Scarf Palkia if Kyogre can't take a hit.

Threat List
Offensive Threats:

Palkia

I might have a few ways to combat it, but it still remains a threat. It can do major damage to my team, and if it's a Scarfed variant, Electeus is going to have troubles as well, I'd have to play around it to win.

Mewtwo

It's a flat out monster against this team, it greatly hurts this team as well, and playing around it is not easy.

Zekrom

It's specifically the Tailwind Mixkrom set. A regular MixKrom I can deal with, but only if it was slower or locked into a move.

Defensive Threats:

Ferrothorn

I may have FB on Rayquaza to take care of him, but if Ray-Ray ain't around, he's a huge pain in the ass. The only way to counter without Ray is Shuffling it, and it can cripple me at the time when I use Roar, with Leech Seed or Thunder Wave perspectively.

And that is all I can get for now, I'l update the threat list when I gather a bit more data.

---
Importable
StruckBy (Arceus-Electric) @ Zap Plate
Trait: Multitype
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Ice Beam
- Calm Mind
- Recover

Tsunami (Kyogre) @ Leftovers
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 232 HP / 44 SAtk / 232 SDef
Calm Nature
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Thunder
- Roar

Titanic (Dialga) @ Leftovers
EVs: 232 HP / 232 Def / 44 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Thunder
- Roar
- Stealth Rock

Sea Serpent (Rayquaza) @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature
- Outrage
- Fire Blast
- ExtremeSpeed
- Dragon Dance

Vortex (Giratina) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
Impish Nature
- Roar
- Will-O-Wisp
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

WaterBomb (Forretress) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SDef
Sassy Nature
- Bug Bite
- Rapid Spin
- Spikes
- Volt Switch

I hope you guys like this RMT, rate fair and share your thoughts!:toast:

May there please be a few rates? It makes me feel like I'm doing something wrong :(​

I'd run the standard support Dialga set because you don't really have anything that can check Kyogre too well and that'd help a little.

Dialga @ Leftovers Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 56 SAtk / 200 SDef
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Dragon Pulse/Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Roar
- Stealth Rock

I think you should try out Swords Dance Rayquaza because that'd give you a really powerful wallbreaker and some pretty powerful priority. Even though V-Create lowers speed you can work around that with Extremespeed. Extremespeed has a high chance to KO Mewtwo and Palkia after Stealth Rock damage after Rayquaza does a Swords Dance.

Rayquaza @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly/Adamant Nature
- Dragon Claw
- ExtremeSpeed
- Swords Dance
- V-create

I'm only going to say this once. GIRATINA IS NOT AN ARCEUS COUNTER. Will-O-Wisp is way too unreliable and Arceus that carry Lum Berry will just laugh at you anyway. The set is fine but you just need to know that Giratina cannot reliably counter Extremekiller.

On your Forretress you should switch Bug Bite to Gyro Ball because with your EV spread it hits harder than Bug Bite.

4Atk Forretress (Neutral) Bug Bite vs 0HP/4Def Mewtwo (Neutral): 37% - 44% (132 - 156 HP). Guaranteed 3HKO.
4Atk Forretress (Neutral) Gyro Ball vs 0HP/4Def Mewtwo (Neutral): 39% - 46% (139 - 165 HP). Guaranteed 3HKO.

Sorry I didn't do a full rate but I hope my suggestions help.

Thanks for the rate! I should've worded it better, I meant to say it's a Arceus check, I'll go change that. I'll give SD Rayquaza a try, it could work a lot better as you suggest. I found that Gyro Ball missing is a little unhelpful, and can eliminate the Lum Berry issue on Arceus so Gira can burn it. The Dialga set I'll defiantly give a try as well.

I've never seen anyone using Bug Bite to take a Lum Berry from Arceus but I think that it's a cool idea. If you have problems with Arceus setting up on your Forretress you could replace Volt Switch with Toxic. Toxic+Gyro Ball damage does a surprising amount of damage. Toxic would also help against Arceus Ghost because they seem to enjoy setting up on hazard setters.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)