Tournament Random Battles Team Tournament VI - Commencement Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sharpclaw

is a Top Artistis a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Dedicated Tournament Host
Community Leader
So.

Thanks to our amazing number of signups, RBTT VI is now officially the largest tournament to ever take place on the entire Pokemon Showdown subforum.

And you know what happens when this community comes out this hard, with this much excitement and enthusiasm and good vibes?

CUSTOM AVATARS FOR EVERY TEAM!!!

RBTT_VI_-_Team_Chienpao_F.png
RBTT_VI_-_Team_Chienpao_M.png
RBTT_VI_-_Team_Hoopa_F.png
RBTT_VI_-_Team_Hoopa_M.png
RBTT_VI_-_Team_Koraidon_F.png
RBTT_VI_-_Team_Koraidon_M.png
RBTT_VI_-_Team_Latias_F.png
RBTT_VI_-_Team_Latias_M.png

RBTT_VI_-_Team_Mewtwo_F.png
RBTT_VI_-_Team_Mewtwo_M.png
RBTT_VI_-_Team_Palkia_F.png
RBTT_VI_-_Team_Palkia_M.png
RBTT_VI_-_Team_Yveltal_F.png
RBTT_VI_-_Team_Yveltal_M.png
RBTT_VI_-_Team_Zarude_F.png
RBTT_VI_-_Team_Zarude_M.png

Here's to a GREAT tour, friends. Cake and I can't wait to see these CAs in action as Teams Chien-Pao, Hoopa, Koraidon, Latias, Mewtwo, Palkia, Yveltal, and Zarude duke it out for the championship. Good luck, and have fun!

Chien-Pao sprite is by Kingofthe-X-Roads on Deviantart, used with permission.
AI Sada, Lorelei, and Sabi sprites by Brumirage; Arven, LGPE Sabrina, Serena, and Tuber sprites by Kyledove. Credited here on PS.
Koraidon sprite by Clementine.
Hoopa sprite by Irpachuza.
Team Hoopa sprites by Irpachuza and not a racist.
Team Koraidon, Palkia, and Zarude sprites by Clementine.
Team Chien-Pao, Latias, Mewtwo, and Yveltal sprites by yours truly, sharpclaw.

Last but very much not least: A Cake Wearing A Hat and Rach, for having a really, really good idea 5 years ago. <3

Last edited:

Irpachuza

You didn't get this far by giving up, did you?
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
Community Leader
So ye, another year with Hoopa making playoffs (6 out of 6 HOOP HOOP), another year having an amazing team that deserves a lot of SOs. Even if this wasn't the end any of us wanted, I leave RBTT6 extremely proud and with an amazing team of old and new friends. Let's go by usual line up:

shiloh you were a very pleasant surprise, never got you as a rands player, but you took the format by storm and made some great plays to give Was to the team. Cheers to see you around this subforum more often.

Zap glad to have you again on the team, made a mark as always, for many more hoop times.

bobomania maybe it wasn't your dreamed season, but having you on my team was always my dream and you brought your amazing attitude and personality as always, thanks.

Tomahawk you also deserve anything but praises. Always keep that chin up, you are a amazing player and teammate, loved having you again.

TheFranklin stripped from your favorite format, you still showed why you are one of the randbats goats. From that rbtt2 till today, always fantastic to have you with us.

Chains of Markov not only you took your first RBTT as a trial by fire but on a hard af format, where you still got to make some great showings and what a fantastic team presence you are.

YBW you said it better than me on the team server, glad that you felt at home with the team, you brought a lot not only on RBY but everywhere.

Shadows4 I don't know where are shadows1 through 3 but I'm sure 4 is the best one ever. Your enthusiasm is contagious and always put the best for the team on a very hard format to be consistent. Thanks for being with us this year <3

temp we have consistently picked you all this years because you are the absolute goat. Thanks for putting the best on your format, the team, and giving so solid performances for so long.

Emboar02 glad that you were part of this playoffs team, you did great and fought a lot of steep hills of RNG. Thanks for the joy and the strong games, hoop hoop.

odr your return to the hoops was ON FIRE. Put the doubles scene upside down. Thanks for always being the goat and bringing that unique energy to the team.

Eeveeto speaking about nice surprises, I'm so glad we listened to Toma and drafted you. Not only brought a lot of nice moments, but also nice wins. Hope to see you around more as well!

Forsh you were the best noodle. Thanks for everything, frendo.

Rach a year when the racoat makes her comeback is always a good year. Hope you had a blast with the hoops, it's so nice to hang with you again.

6Roggenrolas to have the legendary derhydras with us is nothing less than impressive. Hope you had fun as well.

not a racist five years and six RBTTs since we met, two years, three RBTTs managing the hoops. When we were almost the last to confirm participation, there was a joke around a Last Dance. Dunno if it really will be yours, mine, both? But we put hands in the matter and truly it was yet another great draft and we had a fantastic team behind us, so ye, thanks for being the best co-manager. Hoop hoop.

A Cake Wearing A Hat sharpclaw you hosted the most important tour in rands history, along Rach you all made history, be proud. I'm glad I was able to make hoops part of it for so many years. Keep the great work.

And to all the friends we made along the way...

HOOP HOOP

Lady Writer

on the tv
is a Tiering Contributor
and thus, another year of rbtt has come to a close. very proud of myself and my teammates for making it this far, it was a truly insane roller coaster of a season, and was a lot of fun along the way.

congrats to the yveltals for winning! as much as i like complaining about how bad our luck was, that's mostly just because i like complaining. you guys were the best team in the latter half of the season, and were definitely very deserving of the rbtt title this year. there were really no weak spots on this team, and once you found your groove after the first few weeks it was gonna be difficult for any team standing in your way.

thank you to my captains Magmar54 and MichaelderBeste2 for trusting me with your first pick, hopefully i made you guys proud. there were so many insane things happening on our team, probably a lot more than any of the other teams know about, and you guys stuck with it and led us to a spot in the finals. i would be shocked if any team had more week to week lineup changes than us, so many unforeseen events took place and forced us to change course in the middle of the season. you guys did a great job adapting and keeping us ready to go, so thank you.

Aquaa was glad that you found your groove after you ended up in gen 4. i know the season didn't start how you wanted it to, but you're an incredible player and were able to adapt to the change extremely well. don't lose confidence bro, you're still one of the best rands players out there and you showed it to everyone after the rough start.

Trade hope you feel better soon! was very unfortunate to lose you midway through the season to sickness, but you were playing very well while you were able to and were a great presence over the whole season, even in the playoffs when you offered help while still in the hospital. would have loved to have you playing the whole season, but obviously health comes first and i'm glad that you are recovering.

Eeveon7 i know this wasn't the result that you wanted, but randdubs can be a hostile tier and you had a lot of misfortune and a few misplays that caused your unfortunate record. you definitely showed how good of a player you can be though, and with some more practice i think you'll be a menace next season in rbtt. also a great team presence, great attitude and wonderful to talk to.

MichaelderBeste2 you get a second mention for being our playing captain. you definitely embodied the team this season, shifting from format to format every week, filling in wherever needed. we definitely had moments where we butted heads, but i think that comes from our passion for this tournament. it's very rare to get a high level spl/scl player who cares so much about this tournament, and you definitely showed why you are considered one of the best randbats players.

Ereshkigal you were an absolute beast in gen 3 this year. i was happy to see michael grab you, because i remembered teaming with you last year, and this season was even better! you tore it up in gen 3, clutched up (with no luck involved :psysly:) for us in the tiebreak that secured our playoff spot. You had some unfortunate luck in the finals series, but it happens to the best of us.

JJ09LIE i'm sure it wasn't the record you were hoping for, but you're still a great player and not everyone can have a winning record on a team with such great players, especially when it's randbats. you have a bright future ahead, just dont use a single ditto in the tours room again :worrywhirl: .

Hacker one of my best friends on the website, and was so glad that i recommended you to michael during the draft. you came in super clutch for us in the battle factory slot after everyone and their mother refused to play it. you'll be back next season, and you definitely won't need my word to get picked.

Dragonillis not going to lie, i was originally not super happy with this pick, mainly because i didn't really know who you were. but, you had a very solid season in bssf, and a big improvement from your other rbtt seasons which is great! you were always down to play practice games, and the practice paid off. you played really well this season, and i think just ironing out a few unfortunate chokes and mislplays in end games will make you a top bssf player next season.

sunsets not gonna lie, i was shocked to see you still around in the 11th round of the draft. when i saw you still on the board i started spamming michael's pms telling him to get you. you ended up in hc the way things panned out, and despite hc being hc i think you were the best hc player this season. there were a couple of series where you definitely had to make some clutch plays to get victories, and those made the difference in those series. you are an amazing player and could have played most slots, and were also always down to do some practice games, a truly amazing pick in round 11.

Tuthur i wasn't really sure on this pick, probably because i had never seen you play rands, but michael convinced me that you were the way to go, and he was correct. you held your own in arguably the most skill based of the formats in this tournament, where teams usually slotted their best player. despite being probably 4th or 5th on the gen 8 depth chart of our team in most people's eyes, you definitely showed that you belong in the tier, and were a great team presence as well.

Lalaya another pick i was unsure about, but at this point we had all of our starting slots covered so i just went with whoever magmar and michael wanted to get towards the end of the draft. i didn't really know who you were, but wow were you impressive. you filled in our gen 7 slot after we had to shift our lineup around and never looked back. you played really well all season, and were crucial in our late season and playoff pushes.

Sylvi you were a super chill and fun teammate, and another person i was glad to see wanting to practice for their games when unfamiliar with the format. it was a lot of fun playing with you to prepare for your match in finals, and despite that not going the way you wanted, you are still a super talented player and i think you will definitely achieve success in randbats if you choose to continue playing.

TerraCroc probably not the season you were looking for, but keep your head up. i think we kind of lost faith in you after the unfortunate series in gen 7, but you didn't have much opportunity to show us your true potential. keep practicing and you will definitely come back stronger next year.

thank you to all of my teammates for putting up with my bullshit, i know i can be very intense and honest and it can be frustrating to deal with my energy. it was super fun teaming with you all and maybe we will be together again next season :)

finally, huge thanks to sharpclaw and A Cake Wearing A Hat for hosting. you guys really went above and beyond for this tournament this year. securing custom avatars for every team was super awesome, as well as custom banner and an art piece done by cake for the winning team. It was so nice to play with and watch my teammates with our custom avatars equipped, it really was a nice addition to this season. i believe sharp made many of the custom avatars, so special shoutout to sharp and anyone else who helped with the custom avatars and other art used for this tournament.

that is all i have for now, thanks to all for a great rbtt and i look forward to it next year!

p.s. BoRida you may have dodged me in the tiebreaker, but i will beat your ass on the tennis court one of these days

Lalaya

Banned deucer.
owell getting teamgenned like 6 of the 8 games in the week kinda sucks but it is what it is
not underestimating what was the better team in the latter part of the regular season (aside from Zarude), because Team Yveltal definitely deserve the compliments and the title for their season, but going out like this, after all you did just plain hurts

But that's how it is; we win together, we choke together, we lose together and I'm still proud of being in a team that made FINALS at the first year of this manager duology, with some missteps on the way but damn did we BALL, even with two players missing from the original lineup, jesus christ dawg.

on the personal side of things, proud to have gone 5-1 in a tier i just learned, basically, since I didn't main Gen7 prior of this but felt really at home playing fairygens, definitely should practice in more oldgens too since Gen3 and 4 are well appealing to me, and Gen6 and 7 will remain my fav way to play the game pmuch

shoutouts Magmar54 and MichaelderBeste2 for giving me a chance to play when pmuch nobody believed in me, and hope I returned the favor :sphearical:

also MDB double thanks for being an absolute fucking carry man, what the fuck, i really dont know what to say expect
THE BEST
really the best playing manager of the pool imo, even while going around other, arguably more meaningful tours and your VGC escapades you still just brought it home almost every week, dawg would I pick you as manager another 80 times man
glad you picked me chief, thank you, truly

teammates shoutout, lets fucking go:

Lady Writer truly the pinnacle of random gaming, we could slot you in whatever gen and you would be good, not sure how much was planned in gatekeeping you in gen6 for the majority of the tour but that was a fine show, hope to be your teammate next season dawg.

Aquaa holy fuck what a season from you too, no idea you had the dawg in you in gen4 when i thought you would play newgens for some reason, what a STEAL
amazing player, amazing presence, not much else to say.

Ereshkigal stellar performance in oldgens for you too, this final did not do justice to you but also another pillar of the team, really goated and went into all games with a CHAMPION's mentality dawg
Screenshot_20230330-102323~2.png

im putting this on my WALL

Tuthur HOO BOY brother, do we go back already, but happy as fuck i got drafted in a team with you, I already KNEW you can dish out some serious punishments, and you did
sad you're french but you're one of the best in the whole fucking website and I would be honored into teaming up with you again, my man :handshake:
(dw we're slaying everyone in bdsppl...)

JJ09LIE ain't gonna lie didn't heard SQUAT from you and the season wasnt a happy season for you but if i were forced to play Gen9 too I would just headbutt into a wall multiple times, and you were still good playing it so that required some COMMITMENT, godspeed and I hope your next games will be more favourable, be in this trash tier or not

Eeveon7 one of the best team presences in the whole ass discord, sadly the season was like that but you won that ONE finals game and you got instaredeemed in my eyes, especially in the way you did it dawg, truly worth my respect (already was)
again, sad that your season went like this but I see why the managers went on you and if I were them I would do it again, gl in your next doubles endeavors <3

Hacker DOOR MONEY. honestly thought it was more of a meme name that brought some quality to the table but you were so much more
also amazing team presence and you carried us in a slot that's notoriously HARD to learn and play for, the battle factory pressure is real and whoever complains about that format never played it, it takes STEEL to go in with a calm mind and you just did. Literally can't ask you for more, would team with you again and again. GOAT MONEY.

sunsets one of the players I saw the least in the cord, but still always available and damn if there was the word "QUALITY" next to fucking HACKMONS CUP, your face would be there
Nothing to say, just *chef's kiss*
lile really, like Hacker the simple fact that you went this good in a tier like HC just says it all. A beast
And also enjoyable to read whenever I could

Dragonillis YOO THE BSS PICK, good cord presence even if I never saw you there that much, but you were always with the team which says something, always there to clutch games, another one that was just solid and stayed solid,
I'll forgive you the last choke because Urshifu mechanics are funny and also because i prob choked more than you this season anyway, god bless you

Trade man, don't know what to say except that I'm sorry things turned this way, I really hope you get better because the amount of SUPPORT you put in the early stages of the tour was INSANE, and you even offered to clutch it in hospital, like thats some serious level of commitment and i really hope you get better, truly, love you buddy and hope you return to the game, you deserve it

Sylvi yo if I had every subs that put their ass on the line like you had to do in FINALS i would pick like 80 copies of you
even if the games at the end were not that spectacular you just picked up the gen from basically scratch and not playing for all the season basically so, happy you covered our ass in the time of need
also cutest LATIAS SUPREMACY mascotte if i could say so myself...
TerraCroc pmuch the same above, sad the season did not treat you well, but you both went above and beyond when the team needed you, so thanks for being there

also god bless the hosts, sharpclaw and A Cake Wearing A Hat, good fucking hosts, yall gave us a CUSTOM AVATAR, hosted the BIGGEST TEAM TOUR on smogon and put even more on the table. this can NOT be taken for granted and yet i was almost forgetting this, what a dumbass.
this went as smooth as it did because yall were there, so much, much thanks you two

Well, I'll probably ask to manage next season or play oldgens again (and if I could I would regrab this team), but until then, thanks for everything, and hope I made the team proud with my performance. gz Yveltal and GO LATIAS

edit: shoutouts to my biggest hater LoSconosciuto, proud to have proven him wrong and finessed em into going farther than him :pimp:

Last edited:
First of all congratulations team Yveltal (I love shiny Yveltal, it looks like a steak) for winning rbtt, it wasn't easy but you did it. We didn't manage to win but we reached finaps, which is overall a good result and you should be proud of this, especially given the fact we lost not 1 but 2 players throughout the tour. I hope you enjoyed our nice custom avatars (thanks sharp claw) and you had a good time.

I want to thank you for your efforts, for playing, for helping with managing and for creating a good atmosphere in the team Lady Writer Lalaya Eeveon7 Tuthur Dragonillis Sylvi Ereshkigal Aquaa sunsets Hacker JJ09LIE TerraCroc and Trade (I hope you will overcome your illness, good luck). Big thanks to MichaelderBeste2 for managing with me thus making possible the creation of this team, as well for helping a lot with organizing discord and playing.
Thanks to hosts sharpclaw and A Cake Wearing A Hat for making this tour possible and to everyone for playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)