ORAS UU Random UU team

I've been messing around on showdown and built myself a team that has been doing pretty well so far (>51% winrate right now).

Hitmonchan @ Assault Vest
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Mach Punch
- Rapid Spin
- Drain Punch
- Bullet Punch

Vaporeon @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Water Absorb
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Protect
- Wish
- Heal Bell

Nidoking @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Poison Jab
- Fire Punch
- Stone Edge

Bronzong @ Light Clay
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 100 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Toxic
- Light Screen
- Gyro Ball
- Stealth Rock

Houndoom-Mega @ Houndoominite
Ability: Solar Power
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Nasty Plot
- Will-O-Wisp

Exploud @ Choice Specs
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Boomburst
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Surf

Basically bronzong sets up a screen and applies toxic to stuff that can't hurt it. ANything that can hurt it gets walled by vaporeon. Exploud blows up anything that doesn't resist boomburst and usually takes 2-3 hits before dying, usually ending in a 2 for 1. Light screen saves his ass, enabling him to switch into special attackers and then boombursting whatever they switch into, unless they want to lose that pokemon. Nidoking destroys anything slower than it, and can either be a good counter lead or otherwise it comes in mid/late game when it's checks are taken care of. I'm still unsure if it's worth reinvesting those EVs into HP instead of speed since he gets outsped by anything that has a choice scarf (and if they're staying in you can bet they can 1 shot him)... hitmonchan is a beast, he revenge kills anything and can stay in to drain punch anything that doesn't switch out. I've often been surprised by how much punishment this guy can take, and he usually heals most of it back from a boosted af drain punch. Finally houndoom varies from check to stuff that counters my team, to late game sweeper. The most success I've had with houndoom has been using him as a lead against azelf leads, since they never carry anything that can hit me and they have to choose between getting tf out of there or getting 1 shot by dark pulse to set up rocks. Unfortunately houndoom gets ass blasted by a lot of stuff, which is why he's either a late game sweeper or a check to a single problematic pokemon, if the rest of their team doesn't mind him.

The biggest problems I've had so far are suicune, who generally don't give a crap about vaporeon switch ins. The only thing in my team that can kill it is exploud, but that becomes increasingly difficult if it can set up calm minds. Otherwise, gyarados is a pain in the ass if I can't tell in advance which set it is. I got destroyed by a substitute dragon dance gyarados because I didn't catch on fast enough and it got too big for my exploud to take care of it.

Any thoughts?

Very interesting set up you have here; definitely not your average UU team. I see the potential in it, as everything you've explained seems to work in theory.

There are several flaws that I have spotted at first glance, however. This team seems to be straight forward in terms of moves that your Pokemon have. As you've mentioned with Suicune and Gyara, you have nothing to stop bulky pokemon from setting up on you; I can see you having problems with Curselax and Reuniclus setting up on you with not much trouble as well. If I had to suggest anything, it would be to get rid of Light Screen Bronzong. As much as any team would appreciate Light Screen, your team needs a phazer much more, in order to stop other Pokemon from setting up on you; something like Encore Whimsi or Roarcune.

Other than that, your team has a great core, try it out on ladder and see what you feel like it's lacking:) Hope I've been of some help. Gl dude

Very interesting set up you have here; definitely not your average UU team. I see the potential in it, as everything you've explained seems to work in theory.

There are several flaws that I have spotted at first glance, however. This team seems to be straight forward in terms of moves that your Pokemon have. As you've mentioned with Suicune and Gyara, you have nothing to stop bulky pokemon from setting up on you; I can see you having problems with Curselax and Reuniclus setting up on you with not much trouble as well. If I had to suggest anything, it would be to get rid of Light Screen Bronzong. As much as any team would appreciate Light Screen, your team needs a phazer much more, in order to stop other Pokemon from setting up on you; something like Encore Whimsi or Roarcune.

Other than that, your team has a great core, try it out on ladder and see what you feel like it's lacking:) Hope I've been of some help. Gl dude
thanks, I switched out bronzong for Empoleon with roar, stealth rock, toxic and knock off. I gave it defiant to fuck up gyarados, a 1.5 knock off with defiant boost (after intimidate) does a buttload of damage, and they can't hurt me unless they're running earthquake (and if they are that means they might not necessarily have set up moves). I think empoleon will work out a lot more than bronzong in the long run.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)