Tournament Rands Slam II - Playoffs - WINNER: CLEMENTINE

Status
Not open for further replies.

sharpclaw

is a Top Artistis a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Dedicated Tournament Host
Random Battle Lead
Co-hosted by Clementine, Irpachuza, and sharpclaw.

Welcome, one and all, to the Rands Slam II Playoffs! After 8-count-em-8 thrilling Opens, we’ve narrowed down the competition to 32 players, each with their own skills and specialities. But they’ve all made it this far—who will emerge victorious?

Prizes
The winner of the Rands Slam II will receive a custom avatar and a Smogon banner for a full year, a month-long Room Prize Winner rank and joinphrase, and be inducted into the Randbats Hall of Fame.

How does the tour work?
In a change from last year, playoffs matchups will be determined by ranked choice. Each round, competitors will rank their top 5 Opens (not formats—so, for example, “Classic” rather than “Gen 2”), and then share that ranking privately with hosts. From those rankings, the top 3 Opens from the higher seed, and top 2 from the lower seed, will be chosen, in alternating order, and announced; in the event of ties/repeats, the next Open on the respective player’s ranking will be chosen. No repeats are allowed.

Once the 5 Opens for each series have been determined, players will battle. The higher seed will pick from among the 5 Opens for game 1, and loser picks afterward. The first player to 3 wins advances to the next round.
Player A (higher seed) is matched with Player B (lower seed).

Player A ranks Classic, Gen 7 Rands, Hackmons Cup, Gen 8 Rands, and Multi-Factory Rands.
Player B ranks Gen 8 Doubles, Gen 7 Rands, Gen 6 Rands, Multi-Factory Rands, and BDSP Rands.

The 5 Opens chosen for this matchup are therefore:
Classic (Player A rank #1)
Gen 8 Doubles (Player B rank #1)
Gen 7 Rands (Player A rank #2)
Gen 6 Rands (Player B rank #3, as their #2 ranked Open has already been chosen)
Hackmons Cup (Player A rank #3)

When the players battle, Player A picks first. They can choose any of the above 5 Opens to begin, and after the first game, loser picks. Whichever player picks Classic chooses within that Open for the actual format played.

Please note:
1. All scheduling attempts MUST be done publicly on Smogon Walls. No other proof of communication will count for act calls regarding scheduling attempts.
2. You MUST post replays of your wins.

We strongly recommend familiarizing yourself with the Smogon Tournament Rules and General Guidelines, if you haven’t already. If you have further questions, don’t hesitate to contact the tour hosts, Clementine, Irpachuza, or myself, here on Smogon.

When spectating Rands Slam battles, do not ghost. Ask yourself, “Would my comment reveal information that hasn’t already been explicitly revealed in this battle?” Examples of ghosting include pointing out that an unexpectedly fast Pokemon must be holding a Choice Scarf, that a Zoroark’s disguised level proves it’s a Zoroark, etc.

Round 1
MichaelderBeste2 vs LordTheodore
LoSconosciuto vs Grandmaster7890
soTsoT vs teresbahji
pokeblade101 vs Kaneki-san
sunsets vs Puckbud12
Luchik vs tob
Casual dot exe vs arcexofficial
HaunterBoy28 vs Trefleuh
Xceloh vs Crunchman
Wigglytuff vs MultiAmmiratore
Blui vs RandomPopplio
Typhlosion48 vs Michielleus
El químico del pueblucho vs Forsh
longhiep341 vs Xiri
Failbor vs Chains of Markov
Banbadoro vs Clementine

THE DEADLINE FOR ROUND 1 IS SUNDAY NOVEMBER 6TH AT 11:59PM GMT-4. GOOD LUCK, AND HAVE FUN!

Last edited:

Clementine

one for the money, two for the show
is a Top Artistis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Community Leader Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion
UUPL Champion
reserved for trainer cards xo

Player cards are done!!
Here's my art thread if you wanna look at my stuff and support me
Good luck everyone and go me!!!!!!
This was most likely the last iteration of Rands Slam I'll host, had a lot of fun doing everything, between logos, tours hosting, etc
Huge thanks to everyone who made this tour possible, especially the main hosts sharpclaw and Irpachuza who worked extremely hard all year long

MDB2.png
LordTheodore.png

LoSconosciuto.png
GrandMaster7890.png

soTsoT.png
teresbahji.png

pokeblade101.png
Kaneki-San.png

sunsets.png
Puckbud12.png

Luchik.png
tob.png

CasualDotExe.png
arcexofficial.png

HaunterBoy28.png
Trefleuh.png

Xceloh.png
Crunchman.png

Wigglytuff.png
MultiAmmiratore.png

Blui.png
RandomPopplio.png

Typholsion48.png
Michielleus.png

ElQuimicoDelPueblucho.png
Forsh.png

longhiep341.png
Xiri.png

Failbor.png
ChainsofMarkov.png

Banbadoro.png
Clementine.png

(message me on discord @ Clem#3471 if there's any mistake on your card)

Last edited:

Fragments

Finish the story
is a Tiering Contributor
RBTT Champion
Hottest predicts in the game brought to you by swagfrag69

MichaelderBeste2 vs LordTheodore - Michael so good oml best to ever do it etc etc
LoSconosciuto vs Grandmaster7890 - when he's not johning for his life losco is actually good at the game
soTsoT vs teres bahji - both good at old gens and niche shit so will come down to main gen where teres is better
pokeblade101 vs Kaneki-san - keeping a bottle of whiskey at hand in case blade chokes again
sunsets vs Puckbud12 - that's my boy, also I don't know what a puckbud is
Luchik vs tob - tob is currently in his golden era
Casual dot exe vs arcexofficial - Casual is not gonna let himself lose this matchup twice
HaunterBoy28 vs Trefleuh - idk either too well so just going with the name I can pronounce
Xceloh vs Crunchman - Xceloh more well-rounded, Crunch can put up a fight tho
Wigglytuff vs MultiAmmiratore - Unfortunately this is not a battle factory bo5
Blui vs RandomPopplio - another wild guess
Typhlosion48 vs Michielleus - if we get prime typh he should win, if he's rusty then mich
Not typing that name vs Forsh - my pick to win the whole tour
longhiep341 vs Xiri - battle of team asia, Xiri is great but hiep has more experience in rands
Failbor vs Chains of Markov - Failbor prolly better
Banbadoro vs Clementine - prepare to get pujo'd

Tarrembeau

le moi est incommunicable
is a Community Contributor
MichaelderBeste2 vs LordTheodore - I would bold Michael against pretty much anyone here I think
LoSconosciuto vs Grandmaster7890 - Same for Losco, one of the best all-rounders I know
soTsoT vs teresbahji - It's criminal that a match like that happens so early in the tour but it was bound to happen with so many good players! Both play old gens very well and also some weirder formats like hc, teres might have an edge on dubs and gen8 though, but that's nothing more than an slight edge overall
pokeblade101 vs Kaneki-san - Studies may drive a player away from gaming but blade is that good; Kaneki solid though especially in current gens
sunsets vs Puckbud12 - sunsets proven player, did wonders in the gen8 open so I can't give puckbud an edge on their own best format, according to performances in the first leg
Luchik vs tob - I am ever so hyped by this match up, two players I love to watch and who have quite the opposite set of formats they're comfortable at. Luchik known gen1 and gen8 player, showcasing strong results for those formats in last RBTT and WCOR respectfully, and also an accomplished hc player if that exists, while tob is a modern gen and dubs goat. Can't decide myself for an hypothetical winner here, truly
Casual dot exe vs arcexofficial - cde is more solid imo
HaunterBoy28 vs Trefleuh - two players making their debut here, both getting quite far in dubs, but Trefleuh really got the hardest set of opponent I've seen, also he's french so only good qualities right
Xceloh vs Crunchman - go Xceloh! Crunch great player though, will likely win dubs and maybe gen8 but most likely not the rest
Wigglytuff vs MultiAmmiratore - lmao a repeat of last year, who would have thought. Chiori plays hc, that's an edge right, also going off last year's result
Blui
vs RandomPopplio - two players I don't know much of but Blui had a very solid performance in gen6 open so I'm going from that
Typhlosion48 vs Michielleus - another highlight, I know Typh is supposed to be one of the greatest, but I trust Mich
El químico del pueblucho vs Forsh - I am morally, contractually and intellectually not allowed to give a winner out of this match up
longhiep341 vs Xiri - two strong players, hiep definitely has an edge in dubs and hc but he's solid pretty much everywhere else so not sure Xiri will be able to overcome that
Failbor vs Chains of Markov - Chains of Markov is kind of new but I like what I saw so far
Banbadoro vs Clementine - mange-le (also two great players, can't wait to see the match)

Wigglytuff

mad @ redacted in redacted
is a Tiering Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
MichaelderBeste2 vs LordTheodore - who wants to speedrun modchat getting turned on?

LoSconosciuto vs Grandmaster7890 - i think losco has a better grasp on the type chart
soTsoT vs teresbahji - assuming this isn't decided by activity, it's a close one. i think sot plays with more precision but teres goes wild and sometimes you need that. reserving judgment until the formats come out, but definitely a highlight.
pokeblade101 vs Kaneki-san - dont know kaneki san
sunsets vs Puckbud12 - somehow, i havent had the opportunity to watch sunsets play. scores are very impressive though (only signed up for 4 tournaments and went at least r3 in all of them) so it'll be exciting to see this.
Luchik vs tob - trophy boost
Casual dot exe vs arcexofficial - i won vs arcex against terrakion webs lol. wigglytuff jerk member casual dot exe will take this
HaunterBoy28 vs Trefleuh - think haunter is too versatile
Xceloh vs Crunchman - the crunchman is strong even outside his home of doubles. xceloh is versatile and won't make easy mistakes but i don't think that's enough vs the crunchman
Blui vs RandomPopplio - 2 new faces in the playoffs. edge to blui since higher points but both have a spread out distribution of points across the tournaments, so anythings possible
Typhlosion48 vs Michielleus - goat
El químico del pueblucho vs Forsh -

longhiep341 vs Xiri - maybe a bit of an upset, but xiri's playing ceiling is higher and he's also pretty versatile. will be 1 to watch for sure
Failbor vs Chains of Markov - haven't seen either play but member of team redacted so...
Banbadoro vs Clementine - banbadoro fucking cteamed me in BLT qualifiers. i will never forgive anyone that does that.

Last edited:

Lady Writer

on the tv
is a Tiering Contributor
MichaelderBeste2 vs LordTheodore - yea
LoSconosciuto vs Grandmaster7890 - the italian stallion
soTsoT vs teresbahji - definitely a highlight matchup, but i give sot the edge i think he's more versatile
pokeblade101 vs Kaneki-san - blade better
sunsets vs Puckbud12 - sunsets better
Luchik vs tob - more versatile
Casual dot exe vs arcexofficial - idk both are pretty good
HaunterBoy28 vs Trefleuh - luckier
Xceloh vs Crunchman - another close one but i think xceloh is more versatile
Wigglytuff vs MultiAmmiratore - chiori better
Blui vs RandomPopplio - idk who randompopplio is and blui did well in the only tournament i paid attention to
Typhlosion48 vs Michielleus - typh is very good
El químico del pueblucho vs Forsh - FORSH
longhiep341 vs Xiri - hiepoat
Failbor vs Chains of Markov - could go either way but i'll pick the rands main
Banbadoro vs Clementine - excited to see this one, unsure on who i favor

Wigglytuff

mad @ redacted in redacted
is a Tiering Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Idk why y'all predicting me lol I'm the same guy who outrages a fairy type and goes hard guzzlord on a klefki Forsh knows whats up
if it makes u feel better, nobody’s predicting me

Why the use of a middle man if it does not change anything? Why not just have higher seed pick first, then loser picks onwards. This basically does the same thing.

View attachment 461918
what it changes is that formats are known beforehand. there’s a lot more tournaments and formats in this slam than last yr, some formats could go unplayed entirely. I suck at doubles. But if I know doubles is on the list, I can prep for it and deliver a better game, which is better for the spectators and better for the whole purpose of a tournament - to provide the highest possible level of competition after all logistical factors are accounted for.

please direct teres Bahji to me, I will personally explain to him what he needs to do.

1. There's a lot of people I don't know (yet).
2. Higher seeds have performed better in the qualifiers.
3. This format gives a big advantage to the higher seed.
4. Predicting the upset is for the mathematically illiterate.

And so, behold my boring predictions!

soTsoT vs teresbahji
sunsets vs Puckbud12
Luchik vs tob
Casual dot exe vs arcexofficial
HaunterBoy28 vs Trefleuh
Xceloh vs Crunchman
Blui vs RandomPopplio
longhiep341 vs Xiri
Banbadoro vs Clementine

MichaelderBeste2

is the Smogon Tour Season 35 Championis the 1st Smogon Masters Winner
World Defender
soTsoT vs teresbahji
sunsets vs Puckbud12
Luchik vs tob
Casual dot exe
vs arcexofficial
HaunterBoy28 vs Trefleuh
Xceloh vs Crunchman
Blui vs RandomPopplio
longhiep341 vs Xiri
Banbadoro vs Clementine

sharpclaw

is a Top Artistis a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Dedicated Tournament Host
Random Battle Lead

Player cards are done!!
This was most likely the last iteration of Rands Slam I'll host, had a lot of fun doing everything, between logos, tours hosting, etc
Huge thanks to everyone who made this tour possible, especially the main hosts sharpclaw and Irpachuza who worked extremely hard all year long

Just making sure all our competitors see their amazing trainer cards, now that they've been edited into the post above. HUGE kudos and thank you to Clem for all their hard work!

If you haven't yet, please send the hosts your Open rankings by 11:59PM GMT-4 TONIGHT.

Javi

Que no respiren, que no respiren!
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a defending World Cup of Pokemon Champion
My first time doing predictions because i'm bored studying in my room.

MichaelderBeste2 vs LordTheodore: No brainer here, one of the best players in the game.
LoSconosciuto vs Grandmaster7890: He will either double switch or call za so that he can help him with the gen1 game
soTsoT vs teresbahji: One of the best overall players we have in rands and also '-' hmm...
pokeblade101 vs Kaneki-san: Blade is one of the best, if not the best, staff in the game but also he could choke as he likes to do
sunsets vs Puckbud12: I'm sorry bud(dy) but idk you and sunsets is a nice player
Luchik vs tob: First MU in which I want both to win. I'm giving the edge to tobiii because he's in such a good shape
Casual dot exe vs arcexofficial: Can't say much here, going for the guy with the most experience, expect some good games from him
HaunterBoy28 vs Trefleuh: I don't know HaunterBoy28 but I know Tref and after such a good run this slam I know he will meet the expectations
Xceloh vs Crunchman: My amigo, I expect from you to reach semis at least. Really good player overall
Wigglytuff vs MultiAmmiratore: Je
Blui vs RandomPopplio: Don't know any of you guys sorry
Typhlosion48 vs Michielleus: I expect Michielleus to keep getting as good results as he has been getting lately in rands
El químico del pueblucho vs Forsh: Second MU that I want both to win. Giving the edge to damm because of his experience with old gens and other formats
longhiep341 vs Xiri: The old dragon is a really experienced player, I expect good performance from him
Failbor vs Chains of Markov: Mi compatriota, te animare hasta la final
Banbadoro vs Clementine: I can't physically vote against the Clem, my brain dies if so. Really good player overall with huge rands and tournaments experience. He plays amazingly and can win really tough games

soTsoT vs teresbahji
pokeblade101
vs Kaneki-san
sunsets vs Puckbud12
Luchik vs tob
Casual dot exe
vs arcexofficial
HaunterBoy28 vs Trefleuh
Xceloh vs Crunchman
Blui
vs RandomPopplio
longhiep341
vs Xiri
Failbor vs Chains of Markov
Banbadoro
vs Clementine

Quite a few close mus in there, Slam is gonna be wild

Also, go Benelux Buddies, keep the Slam home!

MichaelderBeste2 LordTheodore
LoSconosciuto Grandmaster7890
soTsoT teresbahji
pokeblade101 Kaneki-san
sunsets Puckbud12
Luchik tob
Casual dot exe arcexofficial
HaunterBoy28 Trefleuh
Xceloh Crunchman
Wigglytuff Multiammiratore
Forsh $$$$$$$$$$$ VS
Blui RandomPopplio
Typhlosion48 Michielleus
El químico del pueblucho
longhiep341 Xiri
Failbor Chains of Markov
Banbadoro Clementine

Player cards are done!!

Shoutout to Clem for these awesome trainer cards!

(Dont worry Turtwig Man will have his moment to shine next year)

if it makes u feel better, nobody’s predicting me

what it changes is that formats are known beforehand. there’s a lot more tournaments and formats in this slam than last yr, some formats could go unplayed entirely. I suck at doubles. But if I know doubles is on the list, I can prep for it and deliver a better game, which is better for the spectators and better for the whole purpose of a tournament - to provide the highest possible level of competition after all logistical factors are accounted for.

please direct teres Bahji to me, I will personally explain to him what he needs to do.
Irpachuza sharpclaw

I see irpa liked this. Then can we remove the "Classic rather than gen2" so to "provide the best competitive" experience to make it a specific classic and a specific multi format etc.

Person to rank classic/mult higher in the correct seed will have dibs on which subformat.

Irpachuza

You didn't get this far by giving up, did you?
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
Random Battle Lead
Picking formats instead of Opens gives a heavy extra advantage to high seeds, which we already deemed to have enough over the lower seeds by having 3 picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)