rant thread but you can only rant about incredibly specific things that most likely wouldn't bother other people

ok guys you know what really grinds my fucking gears?

for context, I work as a busboy at an Italian restaurant. cool place, you guys should visit.
anyways, most of my job involves clearing tables out and cleaning them up. that involves getting dishes out of the way early (called prebussing) in order to make it easier to clean the table when the party leaves. in other words, it’s that thing where your server/other bussers will come up to you and be like “can I take that out of your way?”, etc. however, regardless of how clean or dirty the customer’s plate is, I always have to ask before I can take anything (I’ve seen people hold on to pristine fucking plates for no reason whatsoever).

now what PISSES ME OFF is when I see a finished plate and ask if I can take it away, and the customer has the FUCKING BALLS to give some SNARKY-ASS FUCKING COMMENT like “oH nO yOU cAN’t tAke iT I’m gOnNA liCK thE SaUCe oFf” like fuck you man I’ve been working 5 and a half hours on a Friday shift with 3 giant parties and a packed reservation book and I don’t have time for your bullshit.

I get it, they’re trying to be funny. It’s not funny. Either I ask to take a customer’s plate and endure whatever annoying shit they’ll tell me, or I risk losing my job because some braindead fuck decided that they wanted to keep a clean plate to imprint the shape of their fucking nuts on it.

I’m in the midst of writing my own copypasta to read if this shit ever happens again. Probably something stupid and wordy like “sorry ma’am/sir but according to the [restaurant]’s busboy coalition code of conduct page 173, chapter 4, section 5.2, I am required by law to request a removal of any and all plates used by the customer at the risk of termination.”

The job is cool otherwise tho

Tumbleweeds are NOT cool things that just blow in the backround of Western movies.They are VERY real and VERY annoying.

Trying to farm in the wrong region?Well dead tumbleweeds come blowing in and set your entire crop on fire because Wynaut?Also,their population grows exponentially in size,with each tumbleweed spreading seeds across a large area.If you get caught in a tumbleweed blizzard,good luck.They bury cars,trucks,and even entire houses.They're also a pain to get rid of because if you try to use a machine to do it then the tumbles get stuck IN the machinery and there goes that plan.Now you have to get rid of thrm manually,which is also a pain because they have thorns in amounts reminiscent of roses on steroids .

What about a widespread effort to eradicate the species as a whole?Well that doesn't work because tumbleweeds can pollinate themselves and start the process all over again.

Thank you for listening to my rant about tumbleweeds.Bye!

Tumbleweeds are NOT cool things that just blow in the backround of Western movies.They are VERY real and VERY annoying.

Trying to farm in the wrong region?Well dead tumbleweeds come blowing in and set your entire crop on fire because Wynaut?Also,their population grows exponentially in size,with each tumbleweed spreading seeds across a large area.If you get caught in a tumbleweed blizzard,good luck.They bury cars,trucks,and even entire houses.They're also a pain to get rid of because if you try to use a machine to do it then the tumbles get stuck IN the machinery and there goes that plan.Now you have to get rid of thrm manually,which is also a pain because they have thorns in amounts reminiscent of roses on steroids .

What about a widespread effort to eradicate the species as a whole?Well that doesn't work because tumbleweeds can pollinate themselves and start the process all over again.

People seriously underestimate how evil plants are all the time. Up here in Canada, we have Giant Hogweed instead of tumbleweed as the main invasive plant. It's a several meter tall bush full of poison that oversensitizes skin to UV light, basically giving you a massive sunburn as soon as you are outside in daytime. Large-scale burnings have been tried, but apparently have the issue of spraying the poison everywhere.

Ivy

resident enigma
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor

Not only that but they're an invasive species too (in the Americas). there are probably even more fun facts from this video that i've forgotten:

P Squared

a great unrecorded history
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
why do stores only have women's buffalo check shirts in red and blue?? it seems like there is some rule that non-blue/red plaid shirts for women must be gingham or tartan or madras plaid instead of buffalo check. if i do find a nice yellow or purple buffalo check shirt it's cut for men. if you guys see some (not on amazon) lemme know

why do stores only have women's buffalo check shirts in red and blue?? it seems like there is some rule that non-blue/red plaid shirts for women must be gingham or tartan or madras plaid instead of buffalo check. if i do find a nice yellow or purple buffalo check shirt it's cut for men. if you guys see some (not on amazon) lemme know
how about this one? not a button up and more like a blouse but still cute

The Mind Electric

Calming if you look at it right.
Was in a store today, and saw some of the shelves stocked with Christmas-themed candy. It's not even Halloween, for fuck's sake! I'm of the opinion that it is not acceptable to fill stores with holiday-themed goods and decorations until the month of the holiday, and I get irrationally angry when I see shit like this.

BIG ASHLEY

ashley
is a Community Contributor
Was in a store today, and saw some of the shelves stocked with Christmas-themed candy. It's not even Halloween, for fuck's sake! I'm of the opinion that it is not acceptable to fill stores with holiday-themed goods and decorations until the month of the holiday, and I get irrationally angry when I see shit like this.
look at this absolute grinch behaviour smfh (shaking my festive head)

It's completely fine to wear a sweater indoors. Heck, it's even more convienent to not need to put as many layers on when going outside. Get a heat lamp if you're keeping tropical reptiles in your apartment. I should not be feeling the need to wear shorts right now, and I definitely should not be feeling sleep-deprived because there was a freaking diesel engine running at 4AM to keep it that way.

Pavements are way too thin. Whenever I'm out with more than one friend and there isn't anywhere else to walk one of us has to stop standing next to the other 2 because otherwise they'd have to step in the road. And when it's me who decides to move out the way I feel rlly left out ;-; . Also when I'm walking my dog and there's other people I have to hope one of us has other space to move out the way. (btw I know there isn't a good solution to this but it still annoying for me lol)

Here's another one : People that say dead game, like dude nobody cares your trying to speedrun your way into calling a game dead, it benefits nobody and only serves to deter people from playing the actual game, Most of the games that are called dead arent actually dead anyw, so stop acting like children

I really hate it when people have default avatars. I'm like COME ON MAN/WOMAN/NON-GENDER-SPECIFIC PERSON (dont wanna get cancelled), do u not have any sort of creativity or imagination when it comes to pfps? Like, people with default avatars are the type of people to have their discord pfp be the same color as the discord background so it "blends in" and think they're some sort of genius for doing it. They're the type of people who are hype about EVERY marvel movie until someone else tells them how they should think about it, after which they will adopt that "opinion" about that movie and never let it go. They're the type of people who will tell other people to "go outside and touch grass" when they themselves haven't done so in a while. They're almost as bad as the people who put anime waifus as their pfp.

Edit: Seems like this might be pretty offensive to certain people, I apologize if i hurt your feelings, although tbf idk anybody with default avatars so honestly I don't even know if this applies to anyone

The Mind Electric

Calming if you look at it right.
I really hate it when people have default avatars. I'm like COME ON MAN/WOMAN/NON-GENDER-SPECIFIC PERSON (dont wanna get cancelled), do u not have any sort of creativity or imagination when it comes to pfps? Like, people with default avatars are the type of people to have their discord pfp be the same color as the discord background so it "blends in" and think they're some sort of genius for doing it. They're the type of people who are hype about EVERY marvel movie until someone else tells them how they should think about it, after which they will adopt that "opinion" about that movie and never let it go. They're the type of people who will tell other people to "go outside and touch grass" when they themselves haven't done so in a while. They're almost as bad as the people who put anime waifus as their pfp.

Edit: Seems like this might be pretty offensive to certain people, I apologize if i hurt your feelings, although tbf idk anybody with default avatars so honestly I don't even know if this applies to anyone
:blobthinking:

I fucking HATE my neighbour's dog so much after 10,000 emails to my local council they finally threatened my neighbours with a fine if they don't get their dog to shut THE FUCK UP

"Awwww its just a dog it barks thats what dogs do we can't do anything about it ><"

Shut the fuck up you dumb cunts every time your dog barks I am going to bark back at it I will win dogs dont even have fuckin thumbs

They take it inside if it starts barking now but its still an apeshit little barking demon that makes my dad slightly worse by existing gonna go to Yulin China and eat its children anybody that knows me will know I am not even slightly exaggerating I will eat that fucking dog

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)