Rape in the Rain (OU Rain Dance RMT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my first RMT, so I decided to put up a rain dance team that I got a lot of Wi-Fi wins with:

Tux/Empoleon@Focus Sash
Torrent
Modest Nature
EVS: 156 HP, 252 SpA, 100 Spe
Grass Knot
Hydro Pump
Stealth Rock
Aqua Jet

Comment: This is a perfect counter for Aerodactyl leads, which are popular.

Hombre/Ludicolo@Leftovers
Rain dish
Bold Nature
EVS: 252 HP, 124 Def, 124 SpDef, 4 SpAtk
Toxic
Leech Seed
Rain Dance
Giga Drain

Comment: My signature pokemon, I use him in almost every battle. You score a huge amount of healing from Rain Dish, Leftovers, Leech Seed, and Giga Drain. Toxic wears down your opponent as you take lots of hits.

SliceNDice/Scizor@Metal Coat
Technician
Adamant Nature
EVS: 248 HP, 252 Atk, 8 Spe
Substitute
Superpower
Bullet Punch
Swords Dance

Comment: Different than the traditional Scizor set, this is great for walling. It's got Bullet Punch for STAB, and the same EV spread, so it works the same. Rain Dance from Bronzong helps get rid of it's only weakness, which is to fire.

Azumarill/Azumarill@Leftovers
Huge Power
Adamant Nature
EVS: 248 HP, 240 Atk, 4 SpD, 16 Speed
Rest
Sleep Talk
Return
Waterfall

Comment: Huge Power raises the attack stat to over 400, and in rain, Waterfall is lethal. Rest can score free healing for you, and you have Sleep Talk to attack so you're not completely helpless.

LibrtyBell/Bronzong@Damp Rock
Levitate
Impish Nature
EVs: 252 HP/152 Atk/8 Def/96 SpD
Rain Dance
Explosion
Reflect
Light Screen

Comment: This is the standard RD Team Torrential zong set, but with Light Screen instead of Stealth Rock. Bronzong brings rain dance into the field for a huge 8 turns, and can set up dual screens to soften hits. Rain Dance also makes fire hurt less on Bronzong, which is it's only weakness. Bronzong is a great pokemon for it's amazing ability of taking hits.

Sparky/Jolteon@Choice Specs
Volt Absorb
Timid Nature
EVs: 4 HP, 252 SpA, 252 Speed
Thunder
Shadow Ball
Hidden Power Ice
Baton Pass

Comment: This is a pure sweeper. It goes hand in hand with Bronzong. With rain dance, Thunder becomes lethal, and can destroy almost anything that doesn't resist it, and thanks to damp rock, he can OHKO or 2HKO any pokemon besides Blissey. Baton Pass is for scouting, and Shadow Ball and HP Ice are for coverage. Bronzong can also pass down Reflect and Light Screen to make it bulkier and lengthen it's sweep. It can outspeed nearly every non-Scarfed Pokemon, and lots of Scarfed Pokemon as well.

So, that's my first RMT. What do you think? Lots of C+C is appreciated.

SlottedPig

sem feio
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Change Hidden Power [Ice] to Thunderbolt for when rain isn't up. Ice attacks hit very little in the current metagame, and it virtually gives a free switch to Heatran.

Nice rain team you have here, somethings you can fix is probably start with above, I don't see the use of Hidden Power Ice on Jolteon, it doesn't fit well for a move for a choice item, what you should change it to is Thunderbolt which is common in the current Metagame yet also useful since if that turn you're not running Rain you'll be able to hit it with your most precise move that won't let you down. Now the other problems I've noticed are on two Pokemon, lets first start with Scizor. I don't get the current moveset and how it would work with Rain. If you're using a Rain Dance Team and you have Scizor, I see that they usually use it to set up Rain dance not Swords dance since it probably wouldn't work plus Super Power + Swords Dance is pretty stupid since you just proved that turn you wasted an SD for activating Super Power and getting a attack drop. Plus Metal coat wouldn't really help you much rather then having Leftovers or Life orb, which could be a viable if you adjust your moves, so here's the set I recommend you to check out

Scizor @ Leftovers / Damp Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Moveset: Rain Dance, U-Turn, Roost, Bullet Punch
/ Pursuit

The other Pokemon you probably might want to fix is Azumarrill since from what I see I find way other Bulky Water Sleep talkers way more useful then that, like Maybe Cursepert or Sleep talk Gyarados but I highly recommend you should change Azumarrill, just doesn't work in the OU metagame.

@thepowerwithin: I will consider that. Heatran could cause some trouble for this team.

@Arsqe: Thanks for the ideas! A cursepert would be a welcome addition to the team. I may change up what you suggested for Scizor.

@slater: a T-tar and hippo lure would work, but which pokemon would fit that job?

august

you’re a voice that never sings
is a Community Leaderis a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis the 8th Smogon Classic Winnerwon the 5th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
OGC Leader
Your descriptions are very lacking, locking this under rule 3.

If you fix descriptions and PM them to me i'll unlock this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)