SS OU Rapid Strike Rampage

RSR.jpg

Introduction
Hey guys! It's me, Bpewn, back for my fourth RMT! This RMT will be on a very fun balance team I built around moistshifu. This is definitely not my best team but it is a very fun team to use. I have posted this team in the pokemon showdown OU room and many people have used it before I got locked. At the end, I will post replays from different people who have all went out of their way to show me that they have tried this team. Let's get right into the team!

:urshifu rapid strike: :tapu koko: :kyurem: :landorus-therian: :slowking: :corviknight:
In-Depth Analysis:
:choice band:

Urshifu-Rapid-Strike @ Choice Band
Ability: Unseen Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Surging Strikes
- Close Combat
- Aqua Jet
- U-turn

Urshifu is a very potent wallbreaker and pivot in the OU metagame. It is able to force switches and threaten common pokemon like Corviknight, Skarmory, and Mandibuzz while pivoting on switch-ins to its STAB moves such as Toxapex, Slowbro, and Tangrowth. Urshifu can even overwhelm and take advantage of defensive cores made of bulky Water-types like Slowking and Tapu Fini with ease. It has incredibly strong priority in its STAB Choice Band-boosted Aqua Jet, making it effective at killing weakened faster mons like boosted Volcarona, Hawlucha, or Blacephalon. Urshifu has a very strong signature move in Surging Strikes which ignored Defense boosts from Pokemon such as Iron Defense Corviknight and Skarmory, as well as breaking through Substitutes and potential Focus Sashes. U-turn lets Urshifu keep up momentum on defensive switch-ins and provide wallbreaking opportunities for its teammates. Choice Band allows Urshifu to 2HKO many pivots such as Slowking, Skarmory, and Corviknight. A jolly nature allows Urshifu to outspeed and revenge-kill pokemon such as Tapu Lele, Kyurem, and Lando-T.

:heavy duty boots:
Tapu Koko @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- U-turn
- Roost
Tapu Koko is one of the best offensive pivots in the tier thanks to its high Speed, good defensive and offensive typing, and access to Roost, which allows it to reliably check and pressure Pokemon like Tornadus-T and Zapdos. Dazzling Gleam is a good secondary STAB move that's safe to use for reliable damage. Additionally, it's super effective against Dragon-types like Hydreigon, Kyurem, and Latios that resist thunderbolt. It's also the best option for damaging Electric-immune pokemon such as Landorus-T, Garchomp, and Zeraora. U-turn allows Tapu Koko to reliably pivot against Ground-types like Landorus-T and keep up momentum against switch-ins like Ferrothorn. Roost allows Tapu Koko to stay healthy throughout a match in order to check Pokemon like Tornadus-T and Zapdos more consistently.

:choice specs:
Kyurem @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pressure
Modest Nature
- Freeze-Dry
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast
- Earth Power
Kyurem is one of the best offensive threats in the tier because of its high Special Attack stat, great offensive typing and coverage, and above-average bulk. Choice Specs Kyurem is a near-unwallable, prediction-reliant wallbreaker that can easily bust through common defensive cores. Kyurem's extensive coverage covers every pokemon in the tier with a strong unresisted move. Its Ice Beam can 2HKO almost any neutral target barring Blissey, Tyranitar, and Galarian Slowking. Focus Blast mainly hits Blissey and Tyranitar as well as targetting Steel-types like specially defensive Scizor and Melmetal. Earth Power hits Heatran and other Steel-types for more reliable, yet often lower, damage, as well as Galarian Slowking super effectively.

:leftovers:
Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Defensive Landorus-T is a great Stealth Rock setter by virtue of its good typing and Intimidate, which help it switch into many physical attackers including Garchomp and Excadrill to sponge hits. U-turn allows it to safely pivot out against checks like Corviknight, Hippowdon, and opposing Landorus-T as well as keep up momentum during a match. Knock Off cripples any Pokemon that switches in by removing their item; this makes Landorus-T much more annoying to switch into. Removing Heavy-Duty Boots from Pokemon like Tornadus-T, Zapdos, and Mandibuzz is especially useful, as it leaves them vulnerable to Landorus-T's Stealth Rock. Leftovers provides Landorus-T with passive recovery, which somewhat mitigates its problem with longevity. 92 Speed EVs are used to outspeed Bisharp and specially defensive Heatran as well as positive-natured base 60s such as Magnezone and Aegislash.

:heavy duty boots:
Slowking @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Scald
- Future Sight
- Slack Off
- Teleport

Slowking's great typing, excellent ability in Regenerator, and special bulk make it one of the most reliable pivots and special walls in the metagame.
Scald is a reliable STAB move and can severely punish potential checks such as Rillaboom, Kartana, Zeraora, and Ferrothorn with a burn if they attempt to hard switch into it. Future Sight pressures opposing teams and works well with Slowking's teammates to increase their wallbreaking potential and force progress. Slack Off lets Slowking stay healthy to reliably check special wallbreakers without having to rely on Teleport or switches. Teleport is not only a solid pivoting option, but it works well in tandem with Future Sight, as Slowking can bring in a more offensive teammate safely to capitalize on the Future Sight. Heavy-Duty Boots lets Slowking pivot in more freely without getting whittled down by entry hazards and helps to maintain healing from Regenerator. 0 Speed IVs with a Sassy nature allow for it to underspeed or Speed tie with opposing Slowking and Slowbro with Teleport.

:Leftovers:
Corviknight @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 92 SpD
Impish Nature
- Body Press
- U-turn
- Defog
- Roost
Through the combination of an excellent defensive typing, fantastic bulk, and good movepool, Corviknight serves as one of the best defensive pivots in the tier. The listed EV spread allows Corviknight to avoid the 2HKO from Choice Specs Tapu Lele's Psychic after Stealth Rock damage as well as the 2HKO from Choice Specs Dragapult's Shadow Ball from full HP. Maximum HP and Defense EVs is an alternative, although it takes considerably more damage from special attacks. Body Press OHKOes Bisharp and Weavile while also dealing decent damage to incoming Steel-types such as Heatran and Magnezone. U-turn is what makes Corviknight a great pivot, allowing it to keep momentum against Pokemon that switch in to it. Corviknight's ability to wall most hazard setters makes it an excellent Defog user. Leftovers helps check more Pokemon in the long run thanks to the passive recovery.

:urshifu rapid strike: :tapu koko: :kyurem: :landorus-therian: :slowking: :corviknight:
https://pokepast.es/caa541ff035672e3
Jolly Nature
- Surging Strikes
- Close Combat
- Aqua Jet
- U-turn
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- U-turn
- Roost
Kyurem @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Freeze-Dry
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast
- Earth Power
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Knock Off
Sassy Nature
- Scald
- Future Sight
- Slack Off
- Teleport
Corviknight @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 92 SpD
Impish Nature
- Body Press
- U-turn
- Defog
- Roost
RSR.jpg

Last edited:
Just curious, why not use a slow U-Turn Corviknight? It may be somewhat more varying VS CM Clef but typically Corviknight never stays in on it anyways. The slower speed means Corviknight can play optimally VS Sand matchups with Hippowdon and Tyranitar, underspeeding both to ensure that Corv doesn't take EQ or Ice Beam to the face after Roosting. It also means that it uses Defog after the use of opposing hazards, making for better turn stalling.

Just a thought, I'm not entirely sure of all the benefits of a faster Corviknight if there are any.

Just curious, why not use a slow U-Turn Corviknight? It may be somewhat more varying VS CM Clef but typically Corviknight never stays in on it anyways. The slower speed means Corviknight can play optimally VS Sand matchups with Hippowdon and Tyranitar, underspeeding both to ensure that Corv doesn't take EQ or Ice Beam to the face after Roosting. It also means that it uses Defog after the use of opposing hazards, making for better turn stalling.

Just a thought, I'm not entirely sure of all the benefits of a faster Corviknight if there are any.
To be honest with you, I have never really thought about that. That could be a good idea. Let me see if there are any benefits of a faster corviknight and then I will get back to you.

Abhi

Professional Zoomer
is an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Actually p solid team, m8, got some issues that i see though which can be easily fixed.

damn i cant read any of this in dark mode :mad:

First weakness i see is you lacking any sort of Ghost resist, which is especially important here since you dont have a very solid Dragapult switch in, you already have to dance around it with Corviknight and Landorus, which is sub-optimal and can be fixed easily if you swap out Kyurem for a Swords Dance Weavile. Main reason to this is because it gives you a semi solid Shadow Ball switch in while also making sure that your team doesnt get more passive, plus it synergises very well with Urshifu-R and Tapu Koko. I like adamant more here, since you have more than enough counterplay for Tornadus-T in Slowking, Corv and Tapu Koko
Weavile @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Triple Axel
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard

Next is probably a more Spdef inclined Landorus-T spread since thats the wave rn and because it makes you safer against Volcarona, you certainly dont struggle with it, but Spdef Landorus-T also can situationally switch into Dragapult, Clef and Tapu Koko which can be rlly useful now, also because you dont need to run Physdef for anything significant.
Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 164 SpD / 92 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Knock Off / Toxic

And next is a pretty minor optimisation but run 252 HP EVs on Corviknight since it maximises Leftovers recovery.
Jolly Nature
- Surging Strikes
- Close Combat
- Aqua Jet
- U-turn

Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- U-turn
- Roost

Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Triple Axel
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard

Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Sassy Nature
- Scald
- Future Sight
- Slack Off
- Teleport

Corviknight @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 92 SpD
Impish Nature
- Body Press
- U-turn
- Defog
- Roost

Overall cool team, :blobthumbsup:

Actually p solid team, m8, got some issues that i see though which can be easily fixed.

damn i cant read any of this in dark mode :mad:

First weakness i see is you lacking any sort of Ghost resist, which is especially important here since you dont have a very solid Dragapult switch in, you already have to dance around it with Corviknight and Landorus, which is sub-optimal and can be fixed easily if you swap out Kyurem for a Swords Dance Weavile. Main reason to this is because it gives you a semi solid Shadow Ball switch in while also making sure that your team doesnt get more passive, plus it synergises very well with Urshifu-R and Tapu Koko. I like adamant more here, since you have more than enough counterplay for Tornadus-T in Slowking, Corv and Tapu Koko
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Triple Axel
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard

Next is probably a more Spdef inclined Landorus-T spread since thats the wave rn and because it makes you safer against Volcarona, you certainly dont struggle with it, but Spdef Landorus-T also can situationally switch into Dragapult, Clef and Tapu Koko which can be rlly useful now, also because you dont need to run Physdef for anything significant.
Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Knock Off / Toxic

And next is a pretty minor optimisation but run 252 HP EVs on Corviknight since it maximises Leftovers recovery.
Jolly Nature
- Surging Strikes
- Close Combat
- Aqua Jet
- U-turn

Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- U-turn
- Roost

Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Triple Axel
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard

Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Sassy Nature
- Scald
- Future Sight
- Slack Off
- Teleport

Corviknight @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 92 SpD
Impish Nature
- Body Press
- U-turn
- Defog
- Roost

Overall cool team, :blobthumbsup:
Hey bro. Thank you for these tips. I will be sure to try these out and get back to you on it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)