Tournament RarelyUsed Ladder Tournament - PLAYOFFS [Won by Osh]

Expulso

Morse code, if I'm talking I'm clicking
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
RarelyUsed Ladder Tournament - PLAYOFFS

unknown.png

(thanks to Fusion Flare for the art!)

Welcome to the playoffs of the RarelyUsed Ladder Tournament!
This will be a 16-player Bo3 SS RU tournament. Seeds were determined by players' placement in the previous 4 ladder cycles.
This tournament does not count for points in the RU Tournament Circuit, but the winner will be awarded a custom role in the RU Discord or a similar prize.

Rules:
1. Each series is a Bo3.

2. Replays are mandatory, and I strongly encourage players to publicly link their games in the RU Discord.
---> If you want to make the replay private while still letting people watch the game, use the /hidereplay command.
---> If you want to avoid posting your replays until you play for Snake / RU Seasonal, you can - just post them before the round ends.

3. HERACROSS IS BANNED FOR ROUND ONE. Bringing Heracross will result in you forfeiting the match.

4. Except for Heracross, this round will be played in the September RU meta (so tier shifts are included).

5. For spectators - a reminder to avoid speculating in the RU Discord, battle chat, or anywhere else during the games. "Speculating" includes stuff like guessing what set the players are running, suggesting plays, etc. If you aren't sure whether it is speculating, don't say it.

(not much here to say here. on top of the above, try not to excessively trashtalk, and follow general rules for smogon tournaments - for example, no ghosting).

1. Mac3 - 1701 ELO (84.4% GXE)
2. toinha - 1677 ELO (77.6% GXE)
3. imjustgray - 1676 ELO (82.7% GXE)
4. Ajna - 1634 ELO (84.5% GXE)

5. Bebo - 1688 ELO (85.6% GXE)
6. GoldCat - 1671 ELO (84.8% GXE)
7. Feliburn - 1662 ELO (82.5% GXE)
8. PokemonCestDur - 1632 ELO (85.0% GXE)

9. Pepeduce - 1676 ELO (85.6% GXE)
10. Ramolost - 1663 ELO (82.2% GXE)
11. eifo - 1659 ELO (86.7% GXE)
12. Osh - 1623 ELO (84.8% GXE)

13. zugubu royale - 1665 ELO (83.6% GXE)
14. Thiago Nunes - 1661 ELO (83.4% GXE)
15. Alpha Rabbit - 1659 ELO (83.8% GXE)
16. Aquarius Ghost ❤ - 1614 ELO (81.0% GXE)

Round 1:
HERACROSS IS BANNED FOR THIS ROUND.

[1] Mac3 vs Aquarius Ghost ❤ [16]
[2] toinha vs Alpha Rabbit [15]
[3] imjustgray vs Thiago Nunes [14]
[4] Ajna vs zugubu royale [13]
[5] Bebo [18] Natan vs Osh [12]
[6] GoldCat vs eifo [11]
[7] Feliburn vs TheFranklin [17] (sub for Ramolost [10])
[8] PokemonCestDur vs Pepeduce [9]

Round 2:
[1] Mac3 vs PokemonCestDur [8]
[2] toinha vs TheFranklin [17]
[14] Thiago Nunes vs GoldCat [6]
[13] zugubu royale vs Winner of (Natan vs Osh)

SEMIFINALS:
[1] Mac3 vs Osh [12]
[2] toinha vs GoldCat [6]

FINALS:
[6] GoldCat vs Osh [12]

Last edited:

Expulso

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Clarifying in response to a question:

Except for Heracross, this round will be played in the September RU meta (so tier shifts are included).

RU lost Rotom-Mow and Araquanid (and Ditto, which rose to OU from NU)
RU gained Torkoal and Heracross

Last edited:
Ahem ahem
I have come from th RU tours channel to convey a very important message to the common populace regarding an important matter for this endeavor.
Of course, I shall keep it civil here

DO NOT USE HERACROSS OR EXPULSO SHALL RAIN 1000 YEARS OF BAD LLAMA JUJU ON YOU!!!! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED...........

yes.

#frickheracross

Expulso

Alpha Rabbit No <3

In other news: I received word that Ramolost has dropped out of RULT, which he confirmed to me in PMs.

To choose a substitute, I decided to pick the user closest to qualification. This makes more sense than the alternatives; highest ELO of non-qualified players is unfair because ELOs were all higher in the earlier cycles, and there isn't an inherent need to choose the closest person from Ramolost's cycle rather than from the 4 cycles as a whole.

TheFranklin was 2 ELO away from qualifying in Cycle 4, so he will be the substitute.

New matchup: [7] Feliburn vs TheFranklin [17].

Lmk if you two need an extension, but you have 5 days so hopefully this works out.

Expulso

double posting to do PREDICTS (since nobody has yet) (Feliburn)

[1] Mac3 vs Aquarius Ghost ❤ [16] - 75-25 Mac3
Strongly favor Mac3 in this MU, Aquarius is really new and generally favors stall, a questionable playstyle against players with more experience than the average RU ladder player. This is also a particularly bad opponent for AG to run into, since Mac3 has so much experience using stall that he'll certainly know how to break it. Mac could definitely drop a game or two if he brings a not-very good team to try to get out of the box of his usual strategies, which I've seen happen in RU Snake, but overall he should definitely take this.

[2] toinha vs Alpha Rabbit [15] - 65-35 A Rabbit
I don't know toinha that well, but he qualified with a unimpressive GXE compared to the rest of the field; it's hard to judge from ladder, maybe he was doing homework in the background or something, but that leads me to favor Alpha Rabbit (who is a solid player regardless).

[3] imjustgray vs Thiago Nunes [14] - 55-45 TNunes
Both players aren't particularly established / accomplished in the tours community, but they seem to each be solid players -- I just don't have much to go on. That said, TNunes is more active in the RU community, has participated in more RU tours, so I'd be inclined to give him a slight edge on familiarity with the tier. Hard to say that for sure, though, since gray probably learned the meta well through the 80-100 games needed to qualify.

[4] Ajna vs zugubu royale [13] - 65-35 Ajna
Ajna's one of, if not the, greatest RU players in recent years, and although his SS game has been a notch below SM so far this generation (from what i'm told ... I wasnt around for SM, lol zoomer moment) he can certainly outplay anyone in the field. I'd give him more of an edge in playing than building, though - no guarantee he comes away with an edge in builder based on what I have seen in SS. Zugubu is slept on but quite accomplished in SS lower tiers, winning NULT and going far in NU Open. This should give him a decent shot, but I still favor Ajna as long as he doesn't end up with a very bad MU. (He could also bring something non-serious, but i'm sure he wants to stay in the tour long enough to take down his friends Feli and Bebo)

[5] Bebo vs Osh [12] - 51-49 Bebo [HIGHLIGHT MATCH]
My highlight matchup of the round for sure. Both are awesome players, with Osh being more known overall but Bebo being more active in the RU community. I honestly have no idea who to pick, but I will slightly favor Bebo because he has tons of other RU players to build / test with (not specifically for this tour, per se, but just in general) whereas Osh may throw something together without really having a chance to test/refine it. Fire series tho, look forward to it!

[6] GoldCat vs eifo [11] - 55-45 GoldCat
Love to see eifo being active in SS RU, and after getting picked up for Snake he may be motivated to support SS RU as well as SS UU (where he made semis in Open). GoldCat is favored though because of the massive amount of hype he's received around his building, which I wholeheartedly agree with. I was less confident in his abilities as a player after a poor RU Snake, though making it all the way to the most recent Seasonal finals has changed my mind on that. Slight edge, though -- eifo can absolutely take this.

[7] Feliburn vs TheFranklin [17] - 60-40 Feliburn
Both are RU community fixtures, although Feli is more established in the tour scene than TheFranklin. Franklin recently had an impressive Slam, getting close to playoffs, but he overall lacks results in SS RU and put up a very negative record in RUPL+RU Snake (albeit in very strong SM pools) while Feli dominated the SS field for most of the tour. I'd be surprised if Franklin takes this, but since both players can be up and down at times anything is possible.

[8] PokemonCestDur vs Pepeduce [9] - 70-30 Pepeduce
PCD put up a great GXE on ladder, which is great and suggest he can probably bring some good teams; however, when it comes to building and play Pepeduce is one of the hottest in the field right now, and I haven't seen anything from PCD to suggest that he should be expected to win this Bo3. That said, RU has plenty of offensive options to bust the game wide open, so PCD could pull this off with some unconventional threats (a concept which Ninjask spammer Pepeduce is no stranger to).

Damn this took a while LOL I won't be doing this regularly but hope it was a good read! Gl to all

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)