Battle Stadium Rate my first team

Hey guys, I made my first team to play ranked battles on switch, I tried to build a team Offensive team to don’t really give chance to the other team set or go for entry hazard, I would like some help to my team and see where I got the wrong things for the next teams.

Lucario @ Focus Sash
Ability: Justified
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Aura Sphere
- Nasty Plot
- Vacuum Wave
- Flash Cannon

Here I Have my special sweeper Lucario, I didn’t know if I should put Justified or Inner Focus on him, because I don’t think any of the abilities are so good but I really like the mom and I wanted try to give him a shot. Focus Sash to set the Nasty Plot, Vacum Wave to goes first, Aura Sphere and Flash Cannon for STAB

Snorlax-Gmax @ Figy Berry
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Yawn
- Body Slam
- Earthquake
- Darkest Lariat

Here we have our fat buddy, I like the bulky set and I thought he was a good hit for hold a defensive mom to cover some threats as Excadrill moldand G-Max to try to get the berries back, as I don’t have recycle and Thick Fat, and Yawm for leads os trades.

Cinderace @ Life Orb
Ability: Libero
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Pyro Ball
- High Jump Kick
- Sucker Punch
- U-turn

Got the everyone favorite cindarace to revenge agains Excadrill or Duraludon. I actually don’t know if I should run Sucker Punch or Electro Ball to Water types and High Jump Kick for Gmax, because that would get some nice boost in attack.

Rillaboom @ Assault Vest
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Atk / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Grassy Glide
- U-turn
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off

Here I didn’t know if I should get Rillaboom or Venusaur and as I already had a special attacker I went for Rillaboom. Grassy Glide for the Grassy Terrain, followed by U-turn for checks Drain punch to hit, Steel types, and Knock Off to get itens on trades.

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Scald
- Toxic
- Haze

Pex to check Cindarace even I think doesn’t really help with the Libero is a trick ability and so popular at the moment, Toxic to get some HP points, Scald for fire coverage, recover to stall with the toxic and Haze to stats.

Togekiss @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Dazzling Gleam
- Nasty Plot
- Flamethrower

And finally the last one Togekiss, with Nasty Plot and Air Slash to come in when I can’t bring my Lucario as a special sweeper, nasty plot+Air Slash for the flinch, Dazzling Gleam as a strong STAB and Flamethrower for Ferrothorn.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm locking your RMT for the time being as the forum rules require that you provide at least 3 lines of descriptions for each Pokemon to explain their roles. Please read the rules carefully and take a look at Team Showcase to see the level of detail we require. PM me with updated descriptions and I'll be happy to unlock this.

marilli

With you
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Former Other Tournament Circuit Champion
Cool first team. This unfortunately isn't going to be a too in-depth of a rate because a lot of changes going on in the metagame, but I didn't want to leave this hanging for too long. So instead of actually making any larger changes like a Pokemon change, I'm just going to give you some sets that I think will be more effective with these same 6 Pokemon.

First, both your starters want to be G-Max. Breaking through Mimikyu disguise with mold breaker effect is amazing, and Rillaboom sets its own terrain with its ability already. Cinderace should likely be Jolly - you have Toxapex is your other main check, but you might be kneecapping yourself by being forced to bring it every game, which is exploitable.

More on small tweaks, I think you want some bulk investment to take super effective hits better with Togekiss - 44 HP EVs will allow you to live a Life Orb Max Steelspike from Cinderace (and other super effective Life Orb Max attacks from comparable attackers). 180 HP EVs is a standard bulk investment as well. Your Snorlax set looks really weird. Figy Berry + Thick Fat is a bad combo because the extra 8% healing isn't worth the unreliable nature of being forced into very low HP to get the healing. Thick Fat + Sitrus is a fine set, so is Thick Fat + Leftovers + Non-GMax Snorlax (the set I recommend).

Finally, the Lucario set isn't particularly effective. It fails to sweep with Focus Sash because of the priority from Rillaboom, Cinderace, Mimikyu, etc. It is much better trying to be a straight-up attacker. For the same reason it is also much better off being a physical set - all-out attacker sets appreciate the higher raw Base Power of Close Combat over Aura Sphere.

Lucario @ Focus Sash
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch / Extreme Speed
- Counter

Counter + Bullet Punch + Life Orb recoil should let you win 1v1 vs Dynamax Life Orb Cinderace. ExtremeSpeed gets this KO without relying on them taking a Life Orb recoil, but Bullet Punch is better for chipping Dragapult and Mimikyu as your parting shot as you go down after you are brought down to your sash. Your 2 other priority moves should mean you're fine here anyways.

Cheers,

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)