Rate My Nat Dex OU Team.

View attachment 567729

Mega Scinistcha Balance (pokepast.es)
This team is mean to be a balanced team that focuses on giving Sinistcha as many opportunities as possible to set up against mons that it can wall, such as Urshifu-R, Landorus-Therian, and Moltres. Lando and Rotom-W form a nice U-Turn duo to allow Sinistcha more time in, while Celesteela, Rotom-W and Zamazenta provide checks to Sinistchas weaknesses in Flying, Ghost, Fire and Dark in respective order.

Zamazenta Base Form:
Pretty much anything will be solidly hit by Zamazenta's CC, and the Choice Band equipped is built to take this move to new heights. Zamazenta provides neutral/effective coverage on everything and helps clean up counters that would easily use Sinistcha as breakfast. Wild Charge deals with flying types such as Torn-T, Ice Fang deals with fairly common mons in Lando-T and Gliscor, and Crunch deals good super effective damage to the rare mon that can resist all 3 such as Aegislash and formerly Dengo, while also dealing with common fast ghost types.

Landorus-Therian:
Lando-T is a great Stealth Rock setter, and fits well with the other members of the teams, especially Rotom-W. This moveset used to be based around getting rid of Dengo, but now that he is gone, I reverted to a defensive movset with the standards of U-Turn, Stealth, Defog, and Earthquake to give it some defensive capability and allow my team to have some tankiness.

Celesteela:
Celesteela is a very underrated tank being able to sustain practically anything and recover. It particularly deals in walling mons such as Urshifu-R, Fezandipiti, and Defensive Tornadus. However, it excels more in the defense department and sometimes struggles when it comes to mons such as Iron Moth and Iron Valiant that can easily OHKO. As such, Rotom once again pairs really well with it, and the set in particular is built to provide Sinistcha support in Heavy Slam aganist Poison and Dark mons while also lasting a long time due to Leech Seed. Protect allows it to scope out opponets and lock them in a move for Choice items and Flamethrower provides nice support getting rid of mons such as Tera Grass Iron Moth.

Mega Scizor:
Mega Scizor is another great tanky mon that can counterattack and deal massive damage due to Technician boosted Bullet Punch, and pairing with Swords Dance creates quite the menance. I chose this mon primarily to fill the mega slot while also giving another handy resistance to Electric and Dark, two things that Celesteela and Sinistcha struggle with respectively. U-Turn allows more opportunities to pivot and deal neutral damage to Pokémon like Iron-Valiant, and Roost extends the life.

Rotom-W:
Rotom functions as a partner in crime to both Celesteela and Sinistcha, providing speed control as well as countering Pokémon that could easily get rid of the former, such as Heatran and Mega Charizard-Y. Volt Switch allows pivoting and is also a STAB, chipping multiple Pokémon neutrally, while Hydro Pump OHKO's most fragile fire mons, such as the aforementioned Zard-Y. Choice scarf and Trick give Rotom some control and enable it to mess with stall mons, while Will-O-Wisp gets rid of hysical set up attackers such as Iron Valiant.

View attachment 567729
Sinistcha:
Sinistcha is the linchpin/wincon of this team, and functions as a bulky set up sweeper to clean up the mons left over by Scizor, and vice versa. The selected EV spread allows it to tank most fire moves along with Heat Proof, and Calm Mind enhances both the attack and defense of these mons. Strength Sap provides health recovery while also getting rid of attacking mons, Shadow Ball is the main stab move, and Matcha Gotcha functions as a recovery move that also recieves stab boost.

Thoughts on Team: This team was first created when Kingambit had just been banned. I have since revamped it after Dengo ban but feel it is missing something. I also happened to submit it for the competition and fixed some of the issues plaguing it such as Lando not really being a surprise z-move attacker. I value any assistance and hope I get advice soon. Cheers!

Taka

coastin' like crazy
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
PUPL Champion
First off, I think this team is overall pretty solid. There are a few minor changes you can make for added success, but overall its pretty good.

1. :heatran: over :celesteela:

I think trying out Heatran over Celesteela is the big change i'd recommend. Heatran gives your team a few outs into strong fire type breakers (which Rotom does not currently cover), while still checking defensive torn and fairies like Lele/Clef.

here is the updated paste:
https://pokepast.es/11947134d6513ea8

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)