Gen 6 Rate my ORAS OU team! (again)

Stop, collaborate and listen! Blakeus is back with a brand new invention! On the second installment of my quest for the ultimate ORAS team, I have a second team, this time using by far the BEST mega Pokemon in the tier: Mega Metagross. This thing is seriously great, getting a (almost) free life orb in the form of tough claws, has incredible stats and a pretty great move pool. Anyway this is all stuff you probably know, so let's just get into the team.

:sm/metagross-mega:
Metagross-Mega @ Metagrossite
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Bullet Punch
- Ice Punch
The star of the show! Mega evolves on an opposing switch out (e.g. who in their right mind keeps Clefable in on a Metagross?) and uses great coverage, and great speed to, for lack of a better term, f*ck sh*t up (is swearing allowed? idk, just to be safe i'll censor it). Meteor Mash is self explanatory: Powerful steel STAB. Zen Headbutt is similarly obvious. Bullet Punch comes in clutch against chipped neutral opponents and is in general reliable. Ice Punch is a godsend, kills pesky Landos and slower threats that resist both STABs. Finally, the spread is pretty standard for MMeta.

:sm/clefable:
Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 248 HP / 236 Def / 24 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Thunder Wave
- Soft-Boiled
This is a tried and true hard support Clefable that is very sturdy and reliable. Packs Stealth Rock support for Talons and Zards that threaten Metagross, and can switch in to a lot of status and resisted moves. Moonblast is obligatory attacking move, Thunder Wave is a catchall way to spread paralysis, and Soft Boiled because it provides reliable recovery, and that is necessary. Spreads are standard again. What more is there to say about Clefable? Tier staple, great mon. NEXT!

:sm/magnezone:
Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 168 HP / 252 SpA / 88 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt
Scizor and Ferrothorn completely wall Mega Metagross. It also is a decent 'mon that puts in good damage when Ferro and Scizor are gone. (also is great to sac when i need a safe switch :P). The set is standard, I literally just stole it from Smogon, but Volt Switch to pivot, HP Fire to get rid of Scizor and Ferrothorn, Flash Cannon and Thunderbolt are reliable STAB. Spread is again, standard. I did the specs set for more power, I felt like outspeeding Scizor is less important than guaranteeing a kill.

:sm/azumarill:
Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Superpower
Azumarill goes absolutely nutty on all of the dragons and ground types of the meta. I originally used Keldeo, but realized I had a deficit of physical attackers on my team. So another great choice using water wallbreaker wasa great choice for my team. Play Rough and Waterfall are STABS, Aqua Jet hits chipped opponents that outspeed it, and Superpower is a Steel deleting button. The spread is standard once again.

:sm/landorus-therian:
Landorus-Therian (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 8 Def / 240 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Rock Slide
I used SpDef Landorus to make it a more viable switch in to strong special attacks (assuming not super effective, we ain't switching into Ice Beams here). This way due to the other member's poor special bulk in general, I think a third boi with some meat on his bones SpDef wise couldn't hurt. The moveset is pretty milquetoast to be honest. Just some staples. Only thing different is Rock Slide, I appreciate the extra accuracy sacrificing a little bit of the power. The spread makes for some great bulk, and utilizes Lando's "ability to tank" (heavy quotes here, bulk investment keeps this thing from frailty).

:sm/latias:
Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Defog
Finally, we have late game cleaner/mild wallbreaker/hazard control: Latias. BoltBeam coverage is incredible, and Latias can get some great utility out of being able to hit everything for neutral at the very least. Recover provides longevity and Defog provides some hazard control, as despite not being a team ruined by hazards, some things bug the team such as big spike stacking, toxic spikes, and sticky web.

And there is the team! Some mons had far more in depth explanations than others, but for all I wrote as much as I thought of that was super notable. I hope you like the team, thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)