Rate My OU Team Please

Hi guys, thanks for reading and thanks for replying if you do so. I will take any constructive critic as a benefit, but don't be too hard please. Here is one of my OU teams, and it is the team I take the most for the moment.

Dragonite @ Choice Band
Nature: Adamant
EV: 252 Atk, 252 Spe
Moveset:
~ Outrage ~
~ Waterfall ~
~ ExtremeSpeed ~
~ Fire Punch ~
This Dragonite is here to immediately kill the first pokemon it see, like a Ferrothorn, a Tyranitar, Politoad etc... then, I will continue using it till I encounter a pokemon faster than it, or with Priority moves. Fire Punch is especialy put in the moveset to OHKO Ferrothorn or Scizzor. It will surely 2HKO Skarmory, Metagross, Forretress (Because of Sturdy), and all defensive pokemon that are weak to fire. Outrage set is destroying and can OHKO a lot of pokemons of the metagame. Waterfall is mostly for Heatran, wich was really annoying when I didn't had Waterfall. Finaly, ExtremeSpeed is to finish ''Not Defensive'' pokemons and can be very strong depending on the pokemon that is hit. My team is a bit centralizing to protect this pokemon from Super-Effective Attacks.

Forretress @ Leftovers
Nature: Relaxed
EV: 252 HP, 252 Def, 4 Def
Moveset:
~ Stealth Rock ~
~ Rapid Spin ~
~ Spikes ~
~ Gyro Ball ~
This Forretress is my defensive wall. Stealth Rock and Spikes, like any other Forretress, Gyro Ball too is obvious. I really needed Rapid Spin because of my Focus Sashed Terrakion that you will see following. My Forretress is also used to change my Dragonite for it when I expect a Dragon type or a Rock Type attack coming.

Terrakion @ Focus Sash
Nature: Jolly
EV: 252 Atk, 252 Speed, 4 HP
Moveset:
~ Swords Dance ~
~ Stone Edge (Thinking to change for Rock Slide) ~
~ Close Combat ~
~ Rock Polish ~
This Terrakion is made to be a Sweeper. I must use Swords Dance (Or Rock Polish if I'm facing a faster opponent) then, Survive with or without my Focus Sash and finally sweep a team. a Stone Edge miss is very pissing off and that is why I think to change this for Rock Slide. He is also a finisher.

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Nature: Bold
EV: 252 HP, 252 Def, 4 SpD
Moveset:
~ Scald ~
~ Wish~
~ Protect ~

~ Roar ~
Vaporeon is here as a Wish support, wich could be really usefull with Dragonite's Multiscales. Also, he is here to block Ice attacks. Scald is a very great move to use on Tyranitar, Terrakion, Gliscor and all Attackant-Weak to water pokemons with his 30% burning. Protect is when the opponent is burn or I jus made a Wish for my Vaporeon. Roar is usefull to counter a Dragon Dance/Bulk Up/Calm Mind Spammer.

Starmie @ Life Orb
Nature: Timid
EV: 252 Spe, 252 SpA, 4 HP
Moveset:
~ Hydro Pump ~
~ Psychock ~
~ Thunderbolt ~
~ Ice Beam ~
I really like my Starmie, he is a very good finisher, so fast and his Natural Cure abilit is sometimes usefull when you expect a Thunder Wave, Will-O-Wisp, Toxic or Spore coming. He is usefull to OHKO a Breloom, a Dragon (Expept for Multiscale Dragonite) a weak water type pokemon, Skarmory, Hydro Pump will afraid Gliscor etc... he can also greatly resist from an Ice Beam projected at my Dragonite.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Nature: Impish
EV: 252 HP, 196 Def, 60 Spe
Moveset:
~ Earthquake ~
~ Toxic ~
~ Ice Fang ~
~ Protect ~

Gliscor is to counter Electric type attack that can be projected at Starmie or Vaporeon, and counter a dangerous Magnezone. Every Toxic Orb Gliscors has Protect, that is obvious. Mine is mostly a defensive wall so Toxic won't be refused and can be very usefull. Ice Fang is to counter Flying type because they will avoid my Earthquakes.

That's all, thanks again for reading and I wish gave you pleasure to read my team. Rating will be very appreciated. Thank you again.​

Reading over your team, it looks like it's a good team, but I notice you mention that you often need a Rock Polish to get your Terrakion going. Perhaps use Yawn or another sleep ability on one of your pokemon, or Thunder Wave to buy some momentum to do so?

Reading over your team, it looks like it's a good team, but I notice you mention that you often need a Rock Polish to get your Terrakion going. Perhaps use Yawn or another sleep ability on one of your pokemon, or Thunder Wave to buy some momentum to do so?
Thanks ^^ and that is not a bad idea, but I don't see who would use yawn, and Rock Polish is in extreme circumstances like if I can't change and I'm facing a starmie for exemple. Otherwise I mostly use Swords Dance then Close Combat/Stone Edge

This team looks good, but Latios poses a major threat, so I reccommend changing Terrakion to a Choice Scarf Terrakion using the same EVs and Nature, but with a set of Stone Edge/Close Combat/Rock Slide/X-Scissor. Hope this helps(:

Well, I know Vaporeon can have yawn, if you wanted to possibly run it over Roar or Protect. I don't know if I'd advise it, but that's just an idea. That way you force a change without having negative priority.

I like your team seems very balanced, altho, if something specially oriented manages to set up, for example, a nasty plot celebi/ Calm Mind Jirachi or even VUlcarona may cripple your teamsince roaring vaporeon isnt fast enough. I would recommend running a defensive quagsire.
Hope it works and brings you lots of wins later!

Its a pretty solid team, surprisingly. I was thrown off by the fact that you have 2 water types, but you do deal with most threats quite well.

Though, even though you do deal with most threats well, its only by the fact that Starmie outspeeds them as a revenge killer, with the right prediction, you could never successfully revenge anything, and just have your pokemon picked off one by one.

I do have a solution though. Vaporeon seems to have little unilty on this team, any synergy it has really belongs to Starmie, and you needed a better way of dealing with Thundurus and Latias.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SDef / 32 Spd
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Wish
- Body Slam / Thunder Wave
- Protect / Fire Punch

With this set, you still maintain the wish passing you had with Vaporeon, but get more utility against common special threats, mainly Latias. Note how it also takes ice hits attacks like Vaporeon. The only thing you lose here, is the ability to take any water hit, for rain teams, but Starmie deals with them fine enough. Also, it spreads around paralysis, which is much more useful in aiding gliscor and dragonite sweep, as opposed to burns which do little for this team. Jirachi also has a variety of useful resistances that will greatly aid this team, and its weaknesses are dealt with quite well.

Hey there. Solid team.

On Terrakion, definitely run a Life Orb over Focus Sash, as it with Focus Sash, you are forced to rapid spin before even thinking of bringing Terrakion in; Life Orb will help add some useful attacking power.

On Forretress, run Volt Switch over Gyro Ball. Volt Switch can be very useful, being able to use it to get switch advantage on spin blockers like Jellicent. It can also let Forretress take the hit for another member of your team, and then allow you to switch out to a counter without taking any direct damage.

as some people have said, change terrakion to a scarf set:

name: Choice Scarf
move 1: Close Combat
move 2: Stone Edge
move 3: X-Scissor
move 4: Earthquake
item: Choice Scarf
nature: Jolly
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

On starmie, change psyshock to either rapid spin or recover, because his wreckage needs to go on longer, and your team deals with blissey well anyway. One last suggestion over vaporeon:

name: Tank
move 1: Scald
move 2: Ice Beam / Earth Power
move 3: Toxic
move 4: Recover
item: Leftovers
ability: Storm Drain
nature: Calm
evs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD

Your team is really weak to starmie. You might want to try Jolteon over Starmie since it had good synergy with Gliscor/Vaporeon

You are very weak to Toxicroak in the rain, especially Sub SD variants. Honestly Vaporeon seems very odd on this team, this guarantees Toxicroak will fall.

Tentacruel @ Leftovers
252 HP/120 Def/136 SDef
Scald/HP Ground/Rapid Spin/Giga Drain
Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
Liquid Ooze

You may question Toxicroak as a threat but it is on the majority of rain teams so yeah you need to check it. HP Ground will smack Croak and Liquid Ooze makes Drain Punch hurt Croak as opposed to healing it.

Other than that fairly good team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)