Pelipper @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 32 Def / 228 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- U-turn
- Roost
- Defog
He is the reason why I create the team. Inspired by the giveway (I loose it), I picked the set and create a rain team. He is the main rain setter, and the defogger too. Scald for burn, the set is from smogon, roost for recovery, u-turn for safe trade and damp rock for more rain turns. Unfortunally, for some reason, he dies FAST
Swampert @ Swampertite
Ability: Damp
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Superpower
The main sweeper. Damp WOULD be useful if pokemons explodes, but recentely all pokemon suicide lead (azelf) don't want to. Superpower rather than stealth rock because I have another hazard setter, and superpower hits ferrothorn (2-hit KO) in a predict, a big issue to the team

Tornadus-Therian @ Choice Specs
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 Atk
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn
More U-turn, and this time a special sweeper. I prefer this set than the smogon one, but if the smogon one is best, call me. Hurricane is the main spam,boosted by the rain, heat wave is nerfed by the rain and this bother me, but heat wave is useful against ferrothorn and steel type pokemons. Hidden power Ice is useful agains zygarde (and garchomp) and this is a nice surprise move, as it hits flying types too.

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 28 Def / 228 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Earthquake
A wall, that covers the eletric type weak. The reason that I choose him was that he, well, is a decent special wall, and this team apparently has weak to special sweepers. This is the main smogon set (again). I could trade earthquake to bullduze, because earthquake do not OKO heatrans, and bulldoze reduces the speed of the oponents.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 220 Def / 40 Spe
Bold Nature
- Lava Plume
- Bulldoze
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
The hazard setter and the physical wall.I choose him because of him taunt (very useful), because of Flash Fire, because of I don't like stealfh rock in my main sweeper and lava plume for burn. Fire pokemons in rain teams, for me, is kinda of strange, and, many times I fear about using lava plume because of rain, so I keep him and the heat wave from tornadus till the rain is over, but many times pelipper (that dies fast) is fainted. So, if possible, recommend another.

Tapu Bulu @ Choice Band
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Zen Headbutt
More cover of eletric type weak, and a physical sweeper. Many times I don't like the band and think to change him to life orb, and I don't like wood hammer, but I don't know if it would be useful one time. I could trade wood hammer to Stone edge, but it misses and I don't know if it yould be useful. Grassy surge helps MUCH heatran and tangrowth to recover. If there is a best pokemon to replace him, please recommend him.
Sorry for the bad english, because I am not a american ( I am a brazilian )

Last edited:

temp

legacy
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Hey jpmelichio! This team has pretty much what a rain team needs: hazards, hazard removal, abusers, a reliable setter, pivots, etc., but some Pokemon are questionable. For example, Heatran's typing does not synergize well with rain, as it makes it even more prone to Water attacks while weakening its own Lava Plume STAB.

OVERVIEW

Looking at it from afar, this team is actually pretty solid when it comes to answering common threats in the meta. Flyinium Z Landorus has the ability to KO everything on this team, while not being able to 6-0. Z-move breakers in general, i.e. Kyurem-Black, threaten this team heavily. Tapu Lele is also particularly hard to counter, given that your closest thing to a switch-in is Heatran, which is physically defensive. Specs and CM + Z-Psychic variants can rip this team to shreds. Gengar also has fun vs. you, as you lack a solid check to it; Specs and Utility sets alike. I'll hopefully address and remedy these threats.

---

TEAM CHANGES

[Stealth Rock > Superpower] - I'm changing Heatran later on in this rate, so you'll have no rocker. In my opinion, to make up for it, you should make Swampert the rocker. Considering that it can force a switch into one of its checks, the rocks should practically be "free." This is a pretty minor change, though it does worsen your Ferrothorn match-up. I'll patch that loss up later in this rate, though.

[LO > Specs] - I feel that your Tornadus-Therian will better abuse its U-turn with Life Orb rather than with Specs. On this LO set, you have access to numerous coverage options such as Knock Off for Lati@s and Heat Wave for Scizor / Ferrothorn outside of rain.

>
- Ferrothorn works nicely on rain, setting up Spikes to assist your breakers muscle past whatever they couldn't before. It'll provide more 2HKOs with Spikes support than just rocks from Heatran. Ferro also provides more protection against Tapu Lele, Kyurem and Landorus-Therian.

>
- Hawlucha on rain is amazing, especially in conjunction with a later addition— Tapu Koko. It's able to abuse the fact that Mega Swampert is a great wallbreaker and clean up late-game. Of course, it requires an Electric Seed w/ Electric Terrain on the field to function well. It answers Ferrothorn nicely enough with its HJK STAB, but you still have to weary of defensive options such as Protect. Don't attempt to set-up when they still have their checks like Skarmory or Unaware Clefable on the field alive and at a solid amount of HP (>40%). Hawlucha can also form a bit of a bird spam like core alongside Tornadus. Torn will weaken common Flying-type checks for Hawlucha, allowing to clean up.

>
- Of course, with an Electric Seed Hawlucha comes an Electric Terrain Tapu Koko. Similarly to Bulu, you'll be able to switch up terrains upon switch-in. I'm gonna suggest a Z-Thunder set that abuses rain and damages things like Heatran especially. These Pokemon and more being eliminated should assist your Tornadus heavily. Koko runs U-turn, allowing it to safely pivot into your other rain abusers and Hawlucha.

---

original team:
rated team:

This rated version of this team plays very well. You have access to 3 U-turners and solid win conditions that either abuse rain or the Electric Terrain. I hope you liked the rate and I hope you enjoy playing the rated version of this team as well!~

Gross Sweep

Plan Ahead
is a CAP Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Hey so with this rate I mainly want to address the rate by -Latios- and a few things that I feel could be improved upon. I'll start off by saying he did a great job on the rate, and you should definietly give his post a read, I just have an issue with the use of Torn-t and Lucha on the same rain team. I find the pairing redundant and a bit suboptimal as I'd rather have another abuser who truly takes advantage of rain (I'm sorry but 100% accurate Hurricane isn't enough to make it a true "abuser" in my eyes). Don't get me wrong I do appreciate Lucha and Torn's ability to take on fat grasses, just having two of them isn't ideal in my eyes.

Possible substitutions:

Opposed to the combination of double flying types I'd look into adding one of these potent waters. First you have Kingdra who applies so much pressure with a specs set in the rain that in combination with M-Pert teams with a few shaky or one really good water resist just can't keep it together, and your rain prevails. The second option is Ash Gren who functions a little better outside of the rain (something to keep in mind), but also has access to a powerful stab Water Shuriken in the rain that can put people away in the late game. Both options are great, not really anywhere to go wrong.

If you decide on using Greninja I'd remover Torn-T and go with a standard Gren set (I'll add sets below). Torn-t is really the odd man out here. If you do decide on Greninja the team could shuffle a bit. You can run spikes on Gren, move Stealth Rock to Ferro, and then in the last slot on M-Pert try a coverage option like Superpower (for Ferro) or Stone Edge (For Zapdos).

A simple Specs set works for Kingdra (Once again sets will be below). You can really remove either of Torn or Hawlucha, and just plug in Kingdra with no other shuffling. I recommend the removal of Tornadus, as Hawlucha is just to good to pass on with rain right now imo - but you can play around with both.

Conclusion:

I will once again mention that I did really like the above rate, but I just feel like the added water power would be really appreciated on the team. If you have anymore questions or concerns with the team feel free to let me know. Hope this helps and have a fun time laddering n_n!

Kingdra @ Choice Specs
Ability: Swift Swim
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Surf
- Draco Meteor
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump

Greninja-Ash (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump/Surf
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken
- Spikes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)