Rate my RU team!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Smogon, this is my first RU team and I think I did a good job with it. Please comment with some suggestions to help me improve my team. My team is more offensive than defensive and so could you recommend a pokemon switch? I need another tank or a wall in addition to steelix. I also have way to many sweepers...

Team at a glance

Team

Gallade (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Justified
EVs: 240 HP / 212 SDef / 56 Spd
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Zen Headbutt
- Substitute
Tanking Gallade set. Get behind a sub, set up as many bulk ups as possible and then sweep with either drain punch or zen headbutt.

Poliwrath @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 Spd
Lax Nature
- Circle Throw
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Scald
Typical RestTalk Poliwrath with circle throw to phaze and scald for burn. Nothing really special here.

Entei @ Flame Plate
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- ExtremeSpeed
- Stone Edge
- Sleep Talk
My physical sweeper. Flare blitz is powerful physical STAB move, Xspeed for revenge killing, stone edge is for coverage and sleeptalk is so he can still go in on amoongusses and other sleep inducers

Sceptile @ Leftovers
Trait: Overgrow
EVs: 60 HP / 252 SAtk / 196 Spd
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Rock]
- Focus Blast
- Substitute
My special sweeper. Set up behind a sub and sweep. Giga drain is for hp recovery, HP rock and focus blast for coverage.

Dragonair @ Eviolite
Trait: Shed Skin
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Careful Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Rest
- Outrage
- Waterfall
Somewhat defensive dragonair set. Get a dragon dance up, then sweep with outrage and waterfall. Eviolite for defensive boosts. Rest is recovery method.

Steelix @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 220 Def / 252 HP / 36 SDef
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Gyro Ball
- Roar
Steelix is my wall and entry hazard setup. Start with stealth rock setup, then either use quake or gyro ball. If neither are effective, use roar to get SR damage and attempt again for Quake or Gyro

Jirachee

phoenix reborn
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Hi
Rule 3 said:
Have some actual words in your post beyond your six Pokemon and their moves. Not following this makes your post quite boring to read and rate. All Pokemon should have a good reason for being in your team anyway, so why not post that reason? If you are having trouble with this one, start by giving an explanation for each team member. Why are they there? What role do they serve? How do you get them in? Then, give an explanation of how you would open with the team and how you would go about using it. All of these things help people rate your team and allow us to offer more helpful advice.

This does not mean add one sentence saying "Standard x" or "all-around awesome" after each Pokemon. If you put thought into making the team, you can put thought into posting it. The standard description length required is three to four lines, if you need more insight look on the detail part, check out the RMT Archive.
You need at least three lines of descriptions for each of your Pokemon. PM me your updated description and I'll unlock this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)