Ability: Sand Stream
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Low Kick
- Assurance
I chose Ttar for sand stream. I also chose it for a wall breaker Mon. Choice band allows it to hit hard,Tera dark is for the purpose of boosting the dark moves. But I’d like to add idk if I have used assurance at all and could make maybe change that move

Excadrill @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Rush
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 56 HP / 200 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
I love excadrill imo it’s the best sand rush Mon. And it’s one of my favorite ground types the move set imo is good. I have sd to boost the attack stat and rapid spin for rocks eq for Stab along with iron head.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 244 HP / 252 SpD / 12 Spe
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Earthquake
- Protect
- Toxic
So for this Mon gliscor is the ground resist as long as it’s not tera and I love the fact I can get spikes up toxic other mons. Eq is for chip if necessary and protect to stall out so toxic takes more damage.

Empoleon @ Leftovers
Ability: Competitive
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Flip Turn
- Surf
- Roost
- Stealth Rock
For emp I needed a rocker and a decent water mon. Only issue I see rn is the fact that I am weak to ground mons and fighting. Also I have used the team a bit and both serp and enam both kinda destroy my team. But emp does do good for setting rocks and the spdef I have invested in to act as a special def wall.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect
- Knock Off
Clef is here for knocking off items and wish passing. I don’t Tera it often and I also feel sometimes it not pulling its weight could be me. But I have protect on it to take damage from chip if sand is active or if I need to stall for the wish into clef itself.

Dragapult @ Leftovers
Ability: Infiltrator
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 104 Atk / 180 SpA / 224 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Substitute
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Dragon Darts
Lastly we have dragapult honestly never used the Mon that much but this set seems great. Sub to get away from moves or status moves and if it’s timed right I can stay behind the sub and then I can use Wow to burn mons and use hex to deal double damage,dragon darts is there for multiple hits and for the dragon stab

Last edited by a moderator:

ken

gm
is a Tournament Directoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderator
Monotype Leader
Hi pkm trnr Booboo, I am locking your RMT for the time being as the forum rules require that you provide at least three lines of descriptions for each Pokemon to explain their roles. Please read the rules carefully and look at the Team Showcase to see the detail we require. PM me with updated descriptions, and I will be happy to unlock this. Also, feel free to PM me if you need help or have any questions. Have a nice day!
To PM someone on Smogon, go over their name on any of their post. It will display a little pop-up with a summary of their profile. Then, hit the "Start conversation" button and you will be able to write a PM just like you write a regular thread.
Why did you choose this Pokemon? What do the EV spreads do and why do you have it? What are all 4 moves for?

Lastly, you pasted your team in the title box when creating your thread, so please make sure to include the full team when you dm me :toast:

e: freed :)

Last edited:

Roller K

detached
is an official Team Rateris a Tiering Contributor
The team looks like a very sturdy Sand Balance. I have some changes to suggest, though they are mostly minor and would not alter how you play with the team.

My version: :tyranitar: :excadrill: :gliscor: :empoleon: :clefable: :dragapult:

Changes

1. Tera Blast > Iron Head, Tera Fire > Ground on :excadrill:: A big issue for your team currently is :corviknight:/:skarmory: as they do not wear down easily and either remove hazards with Defog or set up Spikes, respectively. While Iron Head is more consistent pre-tera, your team currently does not have an offensive tera abuser to apply great pressure, with the slight exception of Tera Dark :tyranitar:. I was deciding between Electric & Fire for :excadrill:, but Tera Fire prevents you from getting burned and allows :volcarona:/:skeledirge:/:gouging-fire: to become set-up fodder. This should be your main tera in most games; only use your defensive teras in a pinch.

2. Knock Off > Assurance on :tyranitar:: With the Indigo Disk DLC, :tyranitar: was blessed with Knock Off in its movepool. Knock Off is necessary as it removes Heavy-Duty Boots for your hazard-stacking team and does more damage initially. Knock Off is always the move of choice into offensive teams, but against fat, Crunch is better than Assurance as you can spam it more easily (24 PP > 16 PP, consistent 80 BP > 60 BP, 20% chance to drop Defense and overwhelm :alomomola:/:dondozo:, etc).

3. Ice Beam > Surf on :empoleon:: You mentioned that :serperior: and :enamorus: both destroy this team. There are also a lot of new threatening Dragons introduced to the meta. Ice Beam punishes all these Pokemon, and off of :empoleon:'s decent Special Attack, it will sting for sure.

4. U-turn > Substitute on :dragapult:: I really like Leftovers on this set, as I would usually opt for Heavy-Duty Boots, but Leftovers is better on Sand since it will let :dragapult: last longer throughout the game with a well-played :excadrill: removing hazards. Substitute is cool, but I feel like it defeats the purpose of keeping :dragapult: healthy with Leftovers. You have Wish support, so it's not the worst, but I like U-turn in junction with sand/hazard chip to keep wearing down the opposing team. It lets you safely bring in a wall as well. You can keep Substitute if it puts in a lot of work.

5. Tera Water > Fairy on :gliscor:: Water is more consistent for :gliscor:, especially on specially defensive sets. This will be extremely annoying for Rain teams, and you already have :clefable: and Tera Fairy :empoleon: should you need an extra Dragon immunity. You can keep Fairy, but I prefer Water.

6. EV Changes
a. :dragapult:: Max Speed is always optimal in my opinion; you do not want to underspeed opposing :dragapult: for no reason. I have used this spread many times on mixed :dragapult:, and it is very consistent for me.
b. :excadrill:: Max Attack will let you apply more pressure offensively.
c. :gliscor:: 29 Speed IVs is my go-to; it still outspeeds Pokemon trying to outspeed Jolly :kingambit:, but it's also slower than opposing :gliscor: so you can potentially get a Toxic off on another target as they U-turn on you. The rest is put into HP for maximum bulk.
d. :clefable:: 12 Speed EVs are just for opposing :clefable:. The faster Wish or Moonblast could be the difference between you winning the 1v1 or getting off a Wish before fainting.

Overall, this is a really solid team, and the suggestions are just ways I saw to optimize the build. Let me know if this helps out your team's performance!

The team looks like a very sturdy Sand Balance. I have some changes to suggest, though they are mostly minor and would not alter how you play with the team.

My version: :tyranitar: :excadrill: :gliscor: :empoleon: :clefable: :dragapult:

Changes

1. Tera Blast > Iron Head, Tera Fire > Ground on :excadrill:: A big issue for your team currently is :corviknight:/:skarmory: as they do not wear down easily and either remove hazards with Defog or set up Spikes, respectively. While Iron Head is more consistent pre-tera, your team currently does not have an offensive tera abuser to apply great pressure, with the slight exception of Tera Dark :tyranitar:. I was deciding between Electric & Fire for :excadrill:, but Tera Fire prevents you from getting burned and allows :volcarona:/:skeledirge:/:gouging-fire: to become set-up fodder. This should be your main tera in most games; only use your defensive teras in a pinch.

2. Knock Off > Assurance on :tyranitar:: With the Indigo Disk DLC, :tyranitar: was blessed with Knock Off in its movepool. Knock Off is necessary as it removes Heavy-Duty Boots for your hazard-stacking team and does more damage initially. Knock Off is always the move of choice into offensive teams, but against fat, Crunch is better than Assurance as you can spam it more easily (24 PP > 16 PP, consistent 80 BP > 60 BP, 20% chance to drop Defense and overwhelm :alomomola:/:dondozo:, etc).

3. Ice Beam > Surf on :empoleon:: You mentioned that :serperior: and :enamorus: both destroy this team. There are also a lot of new threatening Dragons introduced to the meta. Ice Beam punishes all these Pokemon, and off of :empoleon:'s decent Special Attack, it will sting for sure.

4. U-turn > Substitute on :dragapult:: I really like Leftovers on this set, as I would usually opt for Heavy-Duty Boots, but Leftovers is better on Sand since it will let :dragapult: last longer throughout the game with a well-played :excadrill: removing hazards. Substitute is cool, but I feel like it defeats the purpose of keeping :dragapult: healthy with Leftovers. You have Wish support, so it's not the worst, but I like U-turn in junction with sand/hazard chip to keep wearing down the opposing team. It lets you safely bring in a wall as well. You can keep Substitute if it puts in a lot of work.

5. Tera Water > Fairy on :gliscor:: Water is more consistent for :gliscor:, especially on specially defensive sets. This will be extremely annoying for Rain teams, and you already have :clefable: and Tera Fairy :empoleon: should you need an extra Dragon immunity. You can keep Fairy, but I prefer Water.

6. EV Changes
a. :dragapult:: Max Speed is always optimal in my opinion; you do not want to underspeed opposing :dragapult: for no reason. I have used this spread many times on mixed :dragapult:, and it is very consistent for me.
b. :excadrill:: Max Attack will let you apply more pressure offensively.
c. :gliscor:: 29 Speed IVs is my go-to; it still outspeeds Pokemon trying to outspeed Jolly :kingambit:, but it's also slower than opposing :gliscor: so you can potentially get a Toxic off on another target as they U-turn on you. The rest is put into HP for maximum bulk.
d. :clefable:: 12 Speed EVs are just for opposing :clefable:. The faster Wish or Moonblast could be the difference between you winning the 1v1 or getting off a Wish before fainting.

Overall, this is a really solid team, and the suggestions are just ways I saw to optimize the build. Let me know if this helps out your team's performance!
Thank you so much for the feedback and help. I may try those ideas out and see how much better it performs. I appreciate you!!

Thank you so much for the feedback and help. I may try those ideas out and see how much better it performs. I appreciate you!!
You mention the spreads. Especially for exca and pult if I do max attack on drill what are the rest in max speed. ?? And if on pult max speed would I do less special attack?

Wanted to tell you,I had more success with this version. I’m not the best battler by any means. I got to 1390 and then kinda made some bad games. Also I play sometimes at work and that is a big issue due to the timer running out bc I’m doing the job lol but I don’t think 1390 is absolutely terrible. Overall I love the team. I just need to keep playing it and learn more and just make better decisions. Rn I have hard times deciding what to lead vs what they may have.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)