SS Doubles OU Rate my team and help me improve SS Doubles

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my team for doubles in SS I feel like Tyranitar and Exca don't belong in this team, I rarely use them. I mostly annoy my opponent with clear smog Gastro and Grimmsnarle. any suggestions on how to improve this?

Tyranitar @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Stream
Level: 50
Shiny: Yes
Happiness: 160
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk
Adamant Nature
- Rock Slide - Stab hits 2 targets with flinch
- Earthquake - hits everyone hard also works with togekiss
- Crunch - good stab
- Fire Punch - coverage for steel types

Tyranitar leads with exca to set up sand, Rock slide + crunch for stab, earthquake for utility and fire punch to hit grass and steel types.

Excadrill @ Focus Sash
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head - good stab with flinch
- High Horsepower- already have earthquake
- Rock Slide - good 2 target attack with flinch
- Swords Dance - in few cases where I can set up
Exca is usually sent in with Tyranitar to get a lead on teams that has no counters to their combo, High horsepower because my team is weak to earthquake except for togekiss. Typical exca build.

Grimmsnarl @ Light Clay
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 SpD
Careful Nature
- Light Screen - for Special attackers
- Reflect - for physical attackers
- Thunder Wave - to shut down speedy sweepers
- Spirit Break - to shut down special attackes

Grimm comes in to support the whole team he puts screens, thunder waving and using his spirit break to lower Sp-atk. His EV spread is balanced to survive anything equally. I usually send him out first just to set up for the rest of the team.

Gastrodon @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald - good stab with burn chance
- Blizzard - good 2 target attack also for grass and dragon types
- Clear Smog - to shut down setting sweepers also good for fairy type
- Protect- basic stall move
Could have gone with any water type but since Dracovish is everywhere I use Gastro switch to take 0 dmg and boost my own power. Clear smog to shut down buffing sweepers.

Arcanine @ Aguav Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Snarl - for special attackers also hits 2 targets
- Flamethrower - good stab
- Will-O-Wisp - anti stall + good with intimidate to crush physical attackers
- Protect - basic stall

Tank arcanine helps the team with annoying my opponents with - atk -spatk with intimidate and snarl. Will-o-wisp to lower more of the physical threats. EV spread to help him tank more hits and Aguav berry to sustain dmg taken.

Togekiss @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Air Slash - +speed when dyna , flinch miracles to save the day + stab
- Thunder Wave - Thunder wave with serene grace air slash more chances to make opponent not move for a turn
- Flamethrower - to hit steel types also when dyna to make water moves weaker for arca, exca and tyranitar
- Dazzling Gleam - basic stab move to hit 2 targers

My go to sweeper, Dynamax after the rest of the team did their job of weakening everyone and spam Max-air stream. if they have Pokemon left after dynamax is over I have flamethrower to shut down Steel types air slash to flinch everything and dazzling gleam for stab. The EV spread helps her take super effective hit to trigger weakness policy then its GG.

Last edited:
Welcome to Smogon! I'm locking your RMT for the time being as the forum rules require that you provide at least 3 lines of descriptions for each Pokemon to explain their roles. Please read the rules carefully and take a look at Team Showcase to see the level of detail we require. PM me with updated descriptions and I'll be happy to unlock this. If you need help with the explanations, you can visit the OU forum and look at the individual pokemon threads for help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)