ORAS OU Rate my team(first team)

hello everyone, i just made my first team and i hope to see how i could improve this team and climb the leaderboards. The team i will be using is a mega pinsr team with supports to help pinsr out.

Pinsir-Mega @ Pinsirite
Ability: Aerilate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Return
- Close Combat
- Quick Attack

This is my main pokemon for this team. Mega Pinsr. With his offensive attack and great speed, It packs a huge punch. Firstly i have swords dance. I could use swords dance to boost up my pinsr attack and possibly sweep the team. pokemon such as keldeo and amoongus must switch due to pinsr having an aerialate boosed quick attack. That's the chance to use swords dance and be even more of a threat. Return is pinsrs main STAB attack, having the base power of 103 with max happiness with the aerialate boost will hit a lot of fighting and grass types. Close combat is a move for steel types. since pinsrs flying type moves are not very effective against pokemon such as bisharp. Even though close combat will make you even more vunrable, you at least you get to rid of those pesky steel types. Quick attack is selfexplanitory. It is pinsrs main priority attack with an aerialate boost, it will pack a punch even more.

Latias @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish
- Defog

Latias with defog will removes stealth rocks in pinsrs way. since pinsr takes a huge chunk of his hp when rocks are up, latias can defog them and have pinsr have a free switch in. Draco meteor and psyshock are latias's main stab. it has the potential to weaken pokemon for pinsr . Healing wish could heal up a damaged mega pinsr for a second life to fight back. It could also heal other allies as well, but mainly pinsr.

Staraptor @ Choice Band
Ability: Reckless
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Double-Edge
- Close Combat
- U-turn

Starraptor is a key role in this team. what it does is that it lures out mega pinsrs weaknesses such as flying and rock. What starraptor does is that it weakes them or faints them so that pinsr could have a safe clean sweep against the enemy. Brave bird is starraptors main STAB move. with the band+reckless bost it can do insane mounts of damage so that pinsr could take the sweep. Double edge is the same reason with brave bird. Close combat is to counter against rock and steel types and u-turn is for pivot. before i was thinking to add talonflame instead of starraptor but then i realised that talon and pinsr are 4x weak to rock so i put starraptor instead.

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Talonflame completely destroys pinsr. So that's why i have rotom wash. Able to completely wall talonflame with hydro pump and volt switch for pivot. Willow wisp is for that any physical attacker such as dragonnote cant do a lot of damage to the team since pinsr doesnt have the best defence in the world. Pain split is for recovery if i rotom wash is low on hp. Rotom also cunter flying and rock types for pinsr.

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 168 HP / 252 SpA / 88 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 1 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt

Another pokemon that walls pinsr is skarmory. So magnezone is here to counter skarmory. since it has magnet pull, skarmory cant switch away from magnezone while magnezone could use thunderbolt to destory skarmory. it could also counter other steel type pokemon because it has hidden power fire. With the magnet pull, hidden power fire could pottentially be a OHKO with the specs boost. same with magnezone, it counters flying types so that pinsr could have an easier time sweeping.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 188 SpD / 68 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Protect
- Stealth Rock

Heatran is my stealth rock setter. Pinsr appreciates hazords. If hazzards are up it could OHKO a heatran and could 2HKO or 3HKO a slowbro. Rocks give pinsr an easier time to sweep. Lava plume is to weaken pokemon for an easier sweep for pinsr. Toxic weakens the pokemon every turn, making pinsr a easier life with the sweep. Protect is to scout out attacks. With protect i could see if they have a dangerous move or get recovery from leftovers.

Please comment down below how i could improve this team and have a lovely day!

Hi there! Nice team you have got. I like how you are using MPinsir as I haven't been seeing it for a while.

At first glance, these are some problems I see with your team:
- Slow
- No actual switch-in into opposing wallbreakers

These are not good signs as slow mons usually give things like MMedicham a chance to strike and not having a resist is really painful. Hence, I have some suggestions:

More Defensive
I suggest a more defensive spread with Roost on your Latias. I also attached a Colbur Berry to it so you don't get pursuit trapped easily. This is vital as you have to keep rocks out as much as possible. Latias is also your primary water switch-in so you need Roost on it to tank hits better. Dragon Pulse juse for consistent damage and Healing Wish because that's almost mandatory on any regular forme Latias.

Keldeo > Magnezone

You said that Magnezone was added to deal with Skarmory. However, this isn't really needed in your team since you already have many switch-ins to Skarmory. Also, the idea of BirdSpam is for those birds to get rid of one anothers' checks and counters, so Magnezone is quite redundent. I added Keldeo because your team is quite weak to Dark types which Keldeo is good at dealing with. I chose Specs as your team might appreciate its power but I suggest you try Scarf too and see which is better Scarf for MDiancie.

Talonflame > Staraptor

I have read what you said above about why you chose Staraptor over Talonflame. However, the downside of Staraptor is that it is not fast which might not be too good for your team. Banded Talonflame is a nice addition as it gives you a strong form of priority, while not diverging too much from Staraptor. You could also use the Sharp Beak set too. Although Staraptor could lure things like Rotom-W, I think the cons of using it outweigh the pros. Talonflame can also sweep lategame while Staraptor cannot really do this.

Flash Cannon/Taunt > Protect
I can half-sympathise with your decision to run Toxic-Protect on SpDef Tran but imo that's just pure scum. Run something that could actually be useful. I suggested Flash Cannon as your team might want a way to hit Fairy types other than using your birds. Taunt could be used too to prevent rocks. Just please don't use Protect, it doesn't do anything other than forcing 50-50s with High Jump Kickers and scouting.

These are the sets:
Latias @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Healing Wish
- Dragon Pulse
- Recover

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Talonflame @ Choice Band
Ability: Gale Wings
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Steel Wing

Heatran @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Taunt / Flash Cannon
- Stealth Rock

And with that, I'm done with this rate. Hope I helped!

Edit:
Changed Keldeo set

Last edited:
Hi there! Nice team you have got. I like how you are using MPinsir as I haven't been seeing it for a while.

- Slow

These are not good signs as slow mons usually give things like MMedicham a chance to strike and not having a resist is really painful. Hence, I have some suggestions:

More Defensive
I suggest a more defensive spread with Roost on your Latias. I also attached a Colbur Berry to it so you don't get pursuit trapped easily. This is vital as you have to keep rocks out as much as possible. Latias is also your primary water switch-in so you need Roost on it to tank hits better. Dragon Pulse juse for consistent damage and Healing Wish because that's almost mandatory on any regular forme Latias.

Keldeo > Magnezone

You said that Magnezone was added to deal with Skarmory. However, this isn't really needed in your team since you already have many switch-ins to Skarmory. Also, the idea of BirdSpam is for those birds to get rid of one anothers' checks and counters, so Magnezone is quite redundent. I added Keldeo because your team is quite weak to Dark types which Keldeo is good at dealing with. I chose Specs as your team might appreciate its power but I suggest you try Scarf too and see which is better Scarf for MDiancie.

Talonflame > Staraptor

I have read what you said above about why you chose Staraptor over Talonflame. However, the downside of Staraptor is that it is not fast which might not be too good for your team. Banded Talonflame is a nice addition as it gives you a strong form of priority, while not diverging too much from Staraptor. You could also use the Sharp Beak set too. Although Staraptor could lure things like Rotom-W, I think the cons of using it outweigh the pros. Talonflame can also sweep lategame while Staraptor cannot really do this.

I can half-sympathise with your decision to run Toxic-Protect on SpDef Tran but imo that's just pure scum. Run something that could actually be useful. I suggested Flash Cannon as your team might want a way to hit Fairy types other than using your birds. Taunt could be used too to prevent rocks. Just please don't use Protect, it doesn't do anything other than forcing 50-50s with High Jump Kickers and scouting.

These are the sets:
Latias @ Colbur Berry
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Healing Wish
- Dragon Pulse
- Recover

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Talonflame @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Steel Wing

Heatran @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Taunt / Flash Cannon
- Stealth Rock

Edit:
Changed Keldeo set
Thanks for the advice!

- Slow

More Defensive

Keldeo > Magnezone

Talonflame > Staraptor

These are the sets:
Latias @ Colbur Berry
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Healing Wish
- Dragon Pulse
- Recover

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Talonflame @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Steel Wing

Heatran @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Taunt / Flash Cannon
- Stealth Rock

Edit:
Changed Keldeo set
Just tested out the team and its great. Keldeo counters pokemon that are rock type or ice type witch is a huge problem for pinsr and latias is now able to take more hits and with flash cannon, i am now able to deal with fairies like clefable. At first i was debating about the talonflame but when i used it it was great. I used talonflame early to weaken out pinsrs main weaknesses and when it finishes its job i could use it as death boughter so that pinsr has a safe switch in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)