Rate my Team - Mugiwaras

I have been using this team for over a week. It recently got me to the 1600 ELO for the first time, so it's probably my best team until now. So I decided to post it to get suggestions on how it might me improved and any flaws I may not have noticed.

Mugiwaras (named after One Piece characters, because I couldn't think of anything else)

Godzilla @ Tyranitarite

Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Stone Edge
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake

This is my main set up sweeper. Its main job is to be saved for late game, when any threats have been dealt it and then come in, set up, and take everything down. But I can bring it earlier sometimes in a pinch (it's my best answer to Charizards and Talonflame, assuming no Focus Blast). It has been a staple in my teams for the longest time, and my team is kind of centered around it, since it's the main threat. Many of my games are a battle to get rid of the pokemon who threaten it, before I can finally bring it in and check-mate. SE/EQ/IP give it the widest coverage imaginable, so the number of pokemon who can stop the sweep is low.

Saphira @ Leftovers

Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 56 HP / 216 SAtk / 236 Spd
Rash Nature
- Substitute
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power

If Godzilla is the strongest pokemon, this guy is the MVP. It works by setting up a Substitute, then staying in for the longest time as possible, while being an applying constant pressure to the enemy team and generally spreading damage, and breaking any wall not named Chansey or Blissey. The Substitute set was chosen since I feel like it wears down too fast with other sets, so with this set, it can heal itself constantly, be a threat for a longer time and come back multiple times even with the SR weakness. It's one of my most common leads, since it's not uncommon for the opponent to lead with something that Saphira can easily set up on. It's also my best check to Aegislash, since I've gotten pretty good at predicting the King's Shield mind games and using them to get substitutes.

Charlie @ Choice Specs

Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 SAtk
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind
- Hidden Power [Grass]

This guy is the main wallbreaker, since Kyurem-B's substitute set isn't particularly optimized for that and my team tends to have issues with stall teams. It's the main answer to Tyranitar and anything that fears fighting attacks, and a general spam machine. This guy can easily force my opponent into mind games since almost nothing can switch into it without taking heavy damage. HP Grass is simply a measure against Quagsire, Gastrodon and Swampert, the likes of which (specially Quagsire) tend to give my team trouble to kill otherwise.

Cosmo @ Leftovers

Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 196 Def / 60 SDef
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Fire Blast
- Soft-Boiled

This is the main source of bulk. It can take hits from both sides pretty well, even stall occasionally, and deal okay damage with it's 2 attacking moves. It's main function, though, it's to use stealth rock as soon as possible and to be ready to come back and place them again if needed. It's a common lead, and one of the most common switch-ins, due to it's bulk and ability to set rocks as the opponent switches out. The EVs are kind of random and were guessed by me without actual calculations, so they are probably not optimum, but they were based on what I felt it needed the most: bulk on two sides, with more focus on physical since Cosmo's main weakness (steel) is mostly physical. Finally, it's my main counter to fighting pokemon, which is very important since half my team is weak to fighting.

Fawkes @ Sharp Beak

Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Taunt
- Roost

This is my main source of priority (duh). It's also the main fire attacker, (to get rid of Scizors and Ferrothorns) and the fastest pokemon. It can be a winning condition if the opponent's walls have been taking care of, and it's the main revenge killer. This pokemon has a lot of trouble coming in, though, due to rocks, so Roost was a necessity. Taunt is here because it adds a lot to my team overall, neutering multiple threats to the team. Plus no one expects a Talonflame with Taunt (since it's not common), and it actually works very well (since it's so fast). It's very easy to lure people into using a support move then losing their turn because they got taunted.

Amidamaru @ Spell Tag

Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SAtk
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- King's Shield
- Shadow Sneak
- Shadow Ball
- Iron Head

Finally, this guy, the famous crumbler. It is a mixed attacker, that's also supposed to be one of the main sources of bulk, with it's amazing defensive typing. It can switch in really easily and threat so many stuff, while spamming a Shadow Ball that is almost guaranteed to deal high damage to whoever comes in. It's my main answer against psychics and fairies. It's also the second priority user (I don't make a team without at least 2 of those). It's hard to wall, hard to kill, and very reliable in the beginning of the game, sponging things that threaten my other mons. The minimal speed was chosen because I hate not knowing whether I'll outspeed something or not, since I can get KOd if fail to predict that. I'd rather always be able to rely on Shield Forme when I need it and accept that I'll be outsped by sassy Tyranitar. That's what Keldeo is for anyway.

In case you're wondering, I did not put any spinner/defoggger in my team, the reasons being I don't want defog because I want to keep my own rocks on the field, and I don't really like any of the spinners, and have never had success with them. Of course that can be a problem, so I tweaked the pokemon who are weak to rock to make them mind rocks less.

Well guys, thank you very much for your time.

Last edited:
Bump.

Changed the spread of my Aegislash to a pure 252 Atk, 252+ Spa, 4 HP. I just got to the 1700s, so I guess it worked.

Is no one going to rate my team?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)