Gen 6 Rate my team ( of course I need help)

I decided to make a team for a Pokemon mod which uses gen 6 mechanics.
So I made this team with your guys help and experience I can perfect it.
While rating please make sure that you guys keep legends to the minimum amount.. thank you.
Also suggest a way to counter mega mawile and Salamence teams.. it doesn’t rlly follow the rules right now.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 160 HP / 172 Atk / 176 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Iron Head
- Body Slam
- Fire Punch
- Substitute

Ahhh the nice Sub Rachi I'm sure by now you all know how good this thing is. It is one of the ways I can beat stall teams all i gotta do is paralyze with body slam, flinch with iron head, and burn with fire punch. After all, safety comes first and so I have substitute because of that also helps to dodge sucker punches and gives you a better chance of haxing and stuff like that. This is the original set I used on this team idk why i changed it to scarf wasn't on the final version lied about that so putting it back :]

---------------------------------------------

Stunfisk (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Static
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SAtk / 8 SDef
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Discharge
- Earth Power
- Foul Play
- Stealth Rock

Got a nice Stunfisk here to set up some rocks and spread some paralysis with Discharge and Static. LilOU named him "derpgod". It's surprisingly powerful with the max Special Attack, and has pretty reliable defenses overall. This thing is probably one of the best Thundurus counters out there LOL. It also beats Mega Manectric and Raikou ez pz. Can take some Brave Birds, beat some fliers, etc. Has some good coverage and can hit hard with Foul Play. Pretty chill mon imo but it'll start to get heated when Static takes effect!

Aerodactyl (M) @ Aerodactylite
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Stone Edge
- Aerial Ace
- Ice Fang
- Fire Fang

Mega Aerodactyl is probably the easiest mon to get kills with. Switch in this thing and often times something dies because of the great power and coverage. It's good to switch in on Talonflames (be careful though as safety comes first), and it beats a plethora of threats ranging from everything except dumb walls like Skarmory and Slowbro. What more could you possibly want from such a lord as this?

Crawdaunt (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Crabhammer
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Crunch

The man maker himself. Crawdaunt is EXTREMELY powerful with Choice Band and Adaptability. It has nice priority with Aqua Jet as well. Its other 3 attacks just destroy everything else pretty much. Like it even 2HKO's Azumarill it's that insane. Crunch is useful sometimes when Knock Off isn't preferred like when you're up against Mega Venusaur that tries to switch in on you or something (or if you're faster) cuz it is a solid 2 hit KO to Physically Defensive Venusaur LOL. The only downside is the speed but you just get it out on something that it threatens and take a life on the switch. All you gotta do is post "catch this death" every time you know your opponent is about to switch out of your Crawdaunt it really helps to boost this crustaceans self esteem.

Roserade (F) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 160 HP / 248 Def / 100 Spd
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SAtk / 30 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Leaf Storm
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Rest / Synthesis

This is my check to Keldeo, Rotom-W and some Fairies. Specs Secret Sword barely does 50% so I'm able to live and all that good stuff. I tried Toxic Spikes on it but it kinda sucked so I replaced that for Hidden Power Fire to give me some extra coverage for stuff like Ferrothorn and Scizor. Leaf Storm and Sludge Bomb provide as nice STAB moves and for the last slot the option between Rest and Synthesis is up to you. Personally I use Rest but maybe Synthesis might be more reliable to you or something idk lol. 100 Speed lets you outrun Jolly Breloom and below.

Avalugg (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Avalanche
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Recover

Couldn't find a gif of this thing I tried looking everywhere but no luck so you'll just have to accept a picture. Here is my spinner to get rid of the hazards I don't like. I opted for Avalugg cuz nobody really uses him in the OU tier not sure why cuz you got nice base 184 Defense with healing move Recover also Stone Edge from Lando-T does like 35% LOL. Earthquake is there for coverage of course for Steel Types like Heatran (or in LilOU's case, Empoleon jajajaja). It's a pretty reliable Pokemon overall but the only thing that sucks is that he's weak to Stealth Rocks but it kinda makes up for it with the recovery move. Awesome physical wall overall! :

737373elj

Banned deucer.
Ok, since you like using mods, I’ll try to help you with this team, but I need to know what is different about it first.

Ok, since you like using mods, I’ll try to help you with this team, but I need to know what is different about it first.
The difference about this mod that you gotta catch legendaries which r hard to find so getting good nature ability and iv is mostly rare.
They r no gen 7 legends.
Getting ha is rare.
No z moves.
That’s it nothing else I gotta breed the team and train it so please make sure it’s good.
Thank you :)
Mega mawile, Mega Salamence and Mega gengar r allowed.
I can use Mega Kangaskhan as well I wanted to use mega aero due to its speed and attack.
I can use any mega and team until it doesn’t involve a lot of momentum and tricks.

737373elj

Banned deucer.
Nothing wrong with your Jirachi, Sub is nice.

Next. Ok, first of all, why Stunfisk? I understand the Electric-type and all that, but I mean, it is PU after all, and it’s speed tier is the worst. If you want to beat Thundurus, why not try Lando instead? Or one of the other Ground-types suggested by Smogon instead:

These Pokemon can also counter all those Electric-types mentioned above, and some of the Flying-types with a bit of luck :)

Mega Aero, though I see what you mean by ‘lord’, can be defeated/stalled by Clefable, bulky Garchomp, etc. I am not saying not to use it, in fact it sounds very interesting to use, but I think a change to the set would do it good.

Aerodactyl @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Aerial Ace
- Aqua Tail
- Roost

As you see, Roost is better by far; it can help against SRock and provides a form of recovery. Aqua Tail also gives you more coverage.

Your Crawdaunt is fine, just remember that it IS rather frail, so avoid switching it into powerful Pokemon that it can’t handle.

I can’t help you with your Roserade; I only just realized that Mega Venu was the best Grass-type, so...

Avalugg? The only reason I can think of using him is when you want an Ice-type Spinner. Avalugg is PU! Try Excadrill if you want a spinner. Try another Ice-type instead of Avalugg if you want an Ice-type attacker.
Yeah, that’s it.

Nothing wrong with your Jirachi, Sub is nice.

Next. Ok, first of all, why Stunfisk? I understand the Electric-type and all that, but I mean, it is PU after all, and it’s speed tier is the worst. If you want to beat Thundurus, why not try Lando instead? Or one of the other Ground-types suggested by Smogon instead:

View attachment 175706

These Pokemon can also counter all those Electric-types mentioned above, and some of the Flying-types with a bit of luck :)

Mega Aero, though I see what you mean by ‘lord’, can be defeated/stalled by Clefable, bulky Garchomp, etc. I am not saying not to use it, in fact it sounds very interesting to use, but I think a change to the set would do it good.

Aerodactyl @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Aerial Ace
- Aqua Tail
- Roost

As you see, Roost is better by far; it can help against SRock and provides a form of recovery. Aqua Tail also gives you more coverage.

Your Crawdaunt is fine, just remember that it IS rather frail, so avoid switching it into powerful Pokemon that it can’t handle.

I can’t help you with your Roserade; I only just realized that Mega Venu was the best Grass-type, so...

Avalugg? The only reason I can think of using him is when you want an Ice-type Spinner. Avalugg is PU! Try Excadrill if you want a spinner. Try another Ice-type instead of Avalugg if you want an Ice-type attacker.
Yeah, that’s it.
Thank you after this I I got the Pokemon and tested it out it worked way well but I am not really a Landorus user and getting Landorus is hard in the game so any other alternative for it? If there is nothing else really you can feel free to change the team. I replaced Avalugg with excadrill it turned out nice but some cases I need an ice type.

737373elj

Banned deucer.
Thank you after this I I got the Pokemon and tested it out it worked way well but I am not really a Landorus user and getting Landorus is hard in the game so any other alternative for it? If there is nothing else really you can feel free to change the team. I replaced Avalugg with excadrill it turned out nice but some cases I need an ice type.
Well, you could use Hippowdon or Gastrodon or one of the other Ground-types suggested.
I can’t offer you an Ice-type Pokemon in OU without it being legendary so I think Ice-type coverage is the best you can do. Or you could bring back Avalugg of course.

Edit: I just remembered that Hippowdon has HP Ice. Why not try that?

Well, you could use Hippowdon or Gastrodon or one of the other Ground-types suggested.
I can’t offer you an Ice-type Pokemon in OU without it being legendary so I think Ice-type coverage is the best you can do. Or you could bring back Avalugg of course.

Edit: I just remembered that Hippowdon has HP Ice. Why not try that?
Oops forgot to mention no hidden power sorry
Btw can you help me suggest changes in another team as well.
Would be highly appreciated!

Ok.
Where is it?
Thx a lot bro!
Lucario-Mega @ Lucarionite
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 136 SpA / 120 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Aura Sphere
- Dark Pulse
- Flash Cannon
- Nasty Plot

Electivire @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Motor Drive
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Wild Charge
- Ice Punch
- Power-Up Punch
- Earthquake

Gengar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Energy Ball

Azumarill @ Assault Vest
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Aqua Tail
- Superpower
- Double-Edge

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Night Slash

Need a teammate and suggestion mostly a hazard cleaner and supporter! Thx a lot again
Edit;choice scarf let’s u use any move

Ok.
Where is it?
Timid Nature
- Aura Sphere
- Dragonpulse/darkpulse ( help meeee)
- Flash Cannon
- Nasty Plot
This mega lucario is awesome with 112 base speed which lets me outspeed most of the Pokemon. As you know lucario is frail so I wanted to use calm mind but it risks me so I give it 120 spd Evs and nastyplot move. It just needs one nasty plot and then it can finish.

Adamant Nature
- Wild Charge
- Ice Punch
- Power-Up Punch/substitute/thunderwave ( help me :) )
- Earthquake
Lot of people use greninja, charizard, and mega char y is pain for any thing. That thing hits hard like a truck and gets drought and solar beam removes water weakness. Also to get rid of kyogre and excadrill if it’s slow.
So I am running this choicescarf electivire to finish the mega char y ( I don’t have anything else if this is gone iM ded)

Gengar @ Choice Scarf
Modest nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Energy Ball

Lucario is weak to fire fighting and ground my levitate gengar removes two of its weakness and Azumarill takes care of fire! I will cripple opponents team with will o wisp. Sludge bomb for dang faries, energy ball for greninjas, shadowball as it’s a ghost type so I want to use it against mewtwo.

Azumarill @ Assault Vest
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Aqua Tail
- Superpower
- Double-Edge

Azu helps me get rid of dark,dragon and fire fighting! Except for focus sash iron fist infernape with thunder punch. I have Gliscor for that huehue. I don’t really have any counter for dragon other than this. This help me resist fire and dark which lucario and gengar are weak to.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Night Slash

Needed some bulky Pokemon with electric and ground Immunity to support azu, lucario, and electivire. It stalls down Pokemon to death, if my Pokemon is able to set up burn and poison status the win will be easy for me.

What I don’t have;-
-Weather control
-Hazard control ( defog not added yet for Gliscor ;( )
-Hazard setter( not rlly needed )

I am thinking of running bulky stealth rock tyran as it might help idk plz help me :)
Thx a lot in advance!

Last edited:

737373elj

Banned deucer.
What I don’t have;-
-Weather control
-Hazard control ( defog not added yet for Gliscor ;( )
-Hazard setter( not rlly needed )
On this, you don’t need a weather control. The only relevant Pokemon that can weather are Ninetales, Pelliper and Mega Char Y. All are countered by your mons.
On Hazard control/setting, you can take out Night Slash on Gliscor and switch it with SR or Defog. Night Slash isn’t useful as Ghost can attack the same things as Dark.

A major change:

Azumarill —> Clefable
Now, I know Azu is for Fire-types, but you need a better Dragon counter. Calm Mind Clefable is brilliant for Dragons and other pokes. Anyways you have two Pokemon with Ground-type coverage that can KO Fire-types.

Otherwise, not much. Dark Pulse on Lucario, hits more types SE than Dragon.
Thunder wave on Electrive. One of the reasons why Mega Char Y and Gren is so OP is their speed. Cut it in half with Paralysis and they’ll be easier to handle.

737373elj

Banned deucer.
I really think others are better informed about the Gen 6 meta game and will therefore give better comments. Take mine with a pinch of salt :)

I really think others are better informed about the Gen 6 meta game and will therefore give better comments. Take mine with a pinch of salt :)
Thanks a lot really helped!
Had some issues
Gliscor can learnt defog and stealth rock oof.
Rotom wash is being a pain so I went with Mold Breaker haxorus.
Azu provided ice dragon and fairy coverage for haxorus and calm mind is bp ( I’m out of bp now ;/ )
Final team;-
If anything is wrong or bad plz tell me :D
Timid Nature
- Aura Sphere
- Darkpulse
- Flash Cannon
- Nasty Plot

Adamant Nature
- Wild Charge
- Ice Punch
- Thunder Wave
- Earthquake

Gengar @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Energy Ball

Azumarill @ Assault Vest
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Aqua Tail
- Superpower
- Double-Edge

Haxorus (F) @ Choice Band
Ability: Mold Breaker
Shiny: Yes
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Dragon Dance
- Poison Jab

Needed a Pokemon to kill multiscale dragonite sand rotom wash and haxorus is doing that like a boss. After one dragon dance it’s a god with choice band.

Shuckle @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Sticky Web
- Infestation

my team was going lot of sweeperish except for azu which is kinda um bulky sweep. Need a staller and lead so shuckle!
It already has god like sp.defense so went for Hp and def with calm nature to add some points in sp.def as well.
Traps people with infestation, uses toxic, then stealth rock and sticky web. Now all the fast Pokemon are gonna die with my choice scarfers!

Sorry if I didn’t explain the rest I think I already did.
Thx a lot your the best!

Last edited:

737373elj

Banned deucer.
Here’s a better idea: SR from Shuckle breaks multiscale Dragonite, allowing you to use Azu to counter Drag. You can then use a Grass-type or Dragon-type (Tangrowth, Ferrothorn and Garchomp (not mega) are good one to use) to whittle Rotom-W.

737373elj

Banned deucer.
Here’s a better idea: SR from Shuckle breaks multiscale Dragonite, allowing you to use Azu to counter Drag. You can then use a Grass-type or Dragon-type (Tangrowth, Ferrothorn and Garchomp (not mega) are good one to use) to whittle Rotom-W.
Instead of Hax

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)