Ability: Protean
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Flower Trick
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Triple Axel
Meowscarada is my choice Pokémon in a lot of situations as it’s really fast and hits incredibly hard due to EVs, Nature, and Choice Band. I’ll use Sucker Punch mostly, but on occasions I’ll use the other moves for one reason or another
Reason for use: I think it’s strong and like how it’s fast with Sucker Punch and Knock Off, just in case
Role: Strong band/Item removal/Sucker Puncher
Type checks: Water, Grass, Ground, Flying, Psychic, Rock, Ghost, Dragon

:kyurem: Kyurem-
Kyurem @ Loaded Dice
Ability: Pressure
Tera Type: Ice
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Scale Shot
- Icicle Spear
- Freeze-Dry
Kyurem is a sort of “if I get a chance” Pokémon, much like the rest of my team (I’m not a good team builder nor battler lmao), as I’ve noticed Kyurem being checked a lot, due to my Speed not being high enough or something. I like that a single Dragon Dance could mean trouble because of Loaded Dice
Reason for use: I’ve seen others use Kyurem and found it a good opponent in battle
Role: Dragon Dance sweeper/Freeze-Dryer
Type Checks: Water, Grass, Ground, Flying, Dragon

:raging bolt: Raging Bolt-
Raging Bolt @ Booster Energy
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Electric
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderclap
- Dragon Pulse
- Discharge
- Calm Mind
Raging Bolt is a peak Pokémon in my team, as I’ve literally almost swept an entire team, save one Pokémon, with Raging Bolt because of just one Calm Mind. The goal here is to Thunderclap everything faster, Discharge everything slower, Calm Mind when you can
Reason for use: I like Raging Bolt for its strong attacks and Thunderclap and ability to pose a real threat with Calm Mind
Role: Calm Mind setup/Thunderclapper
Type Checks: Water, Flying, Dragon

:deoxys-speed: Deoxys (Speed Form)-
Deoxys-Speed @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Psycho Boost
Now honestly I’m not quite as proud of Deoxys. It doesn’t really do anything, and I only added it in because a lot of other people seem to have added it. Hazard setting isn’t my cup of tea (except Stealth Rock), so I’ll probably replace it for Explosion Glimmora or something. But for Deoxys, it can be annoying with Psycho Boost and and Taunt, but that’s pretty much it
Reason for use: Everyone else is using it so why not?
Role: Hazard setter/Taunter
Type Checks: Fighting, Poison

:enamorus: Enamorus (Incarnate Form)-
Enamorus @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Contrary
Tera Type: Stellar
Timid Nature
- Tera Blast
- Moonblast
- Healing Wish
- Earth Power
Enamorus is by far my strongest Pokémon. A while back I came up with a cruel Stellar Tera Tera Blast lead set for Enamorus, so I implemented it into this set with a few other things, like strong Moonblast, potentially cruel Healing Wish, or helpful Earth Power
Reason for use: lead Stellar Tera Tera Blast is absolutely cruel
Role: lead Stellar Tera Tera Blast with Contrary and Choice Scarf sweep
Type Checks: Fire, Electric, Fighting, Poison, Rock, Dragon, Dark, Steel

:great tusk: Great Tusk-
Great Tusk @ Booster Energy
Tera Type: Fire
Jolly Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Brick Break
- Earthquake
- Temper Flare
Great Tusk is another excellent Pokémon with its high Speed, ability to remove stubborn hazards, and it’s incredibly high Attack thanks to Booster Energy. It’s also an Ice and Steel type check with access to Brick Break to remove screens and one of my most hated enemies: Aurora Veil
Reason for use: Hazard removal and fast and strong
Role: Strong sweeper/hazard removal
Type Checks: Normal, Fire, Electric, Grass, Ice, Poison, Bug, Rock, Dark, Steel

Let me know if any of you have suggestions! Help is always welcome, and especially for Deoxys replacement for a better Pokémon suited for the team (I do want the team to be strictly OU or what’s the point of the tier). Kyurem replacements are accepted too. Thanks, and have a great day

Last edited:

ken

gm
is a Tournament Directoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderator
Monotype Leader
Hi PokefanKIV, welcome to Smogon! I am locking your RMT for the time being as the forum rules require that you provide at least three lines of descriptions for each Pokemon to explain their roles. Please read the rules carefully and look at the Team Showcase to see the detail we require. PM me with updated descriptions, and I will be happy to unlock this. Also, feel free to PM me if you need help or have any questions. Have a nice day!
To PM someone on Smogon, go over their name on any of their post. It will display a little pop-up with a summary of their profile. Then, hit the "Start conversation" button and you will be able to write a PM just like you write a regular thread.
Why did you choose this Pokemon? What do the EV spreads do and why do you have it? What are all 4 moves for?

e: freed! :)

Last edited:

Ehmcee

A Spoopy Ghost
is a Pre-Contributor
Hey this is an interesting team! You seemed to want a few changes made, so I tried swapping some things out and this is what I ended up with:

Major Changes:

:deoxys-speed: -> :samurott-hisui:

:sv/samurott-hisui:
Samurott-Hisui @ Focus Sash / Black Glasses / Assault Vest
Ability: Sharpness
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Ceaseless Edge
- Sucker Punch
- Sacred Sword
- Razor Shell

Hisuian Samurott is a fantastic lead in the current meta, having a positive matchup against other hazard leads, while being a lot less passive than it's compatriots. The item is fairly customizable, you can run Focus Sash if you want it to be a dedicated lead, but I personally love the utility AV gives to check mons like Dragapult, Darkrai and Deoxys Speed, or Black Glasses to make both Ceaseless Edge and Sucker Punch hit much harder. Tera Ghost is simply just to stop opposing spinners, although you'll probably not use this much.

:kyurem: -> :gholdengo:

:sv/gholdengo:
Gholdengo @ Air Balloon
Ability: Good as Gold
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 HP / 124 SpA / 132 Spe
Timid Nature
- Make It Rain
- Shadow Ball
- Nasty Plot
- Focus Blast

Your team lacked both a fairy and an ice resist, making threats like Specs Kyurem and Calm Mind Iron Valiant extremely difficult for your team to deal with. Gholdengo is a great mon in the current meta, that also pairs extremely well with Samurott-Hisui due to Good as Ghold stopping all forms of removal. You're running just enough speed to outspeed Adamant Dragonite, while having enough special attack to OHKO no Bulk Kyurem, as well as tank two Specs Modest Ice beams from it. Balloon is a great item that makes you immune to spikes damage for a bit, as well as check Great Tusk, DD Dragonite and Gliscor.

Minor Changes:

:meowscarada:
Meowscarada @ Choice Band
Tera Type: Dark -> Ice
Adamant Nature -> Jolly Nature
- Flower Trick
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch -> U-Turn
- Triple Axel

With two different forms of speed control, sucker punch is less needed, Band Meowscarada also really appreciates being able to run U-Turn, reducing the need of prediction in many situations. Tera Ice also makes CB Triple Axel hit incredibly hard, leaving very few pokemon that can tank it in the metagame. Jolly is also fairly necessary on Meow, there's some incredibly important pokemon CB Meowscarada wants to outspeed that it just needs Jolly to, like :cinderace:, :roaring-moon:, :ogerpon-wellspring:, :latios:, :latias: and :iron_valiant:.

:great_tusk:
Tera Type: Fire -> Ice
Jolly Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Brick Break -> Close Combat
- Earthquake -> Headlong Rush
- Temper Flare -> Ice Spinner

Offensive Tusk is great in the current meta, Booster Energy makes it a super fun offensive mon to use. However you had some suboptimal moves on there, Brick Break hits like a wet noodle. Breaking screens is cool and all, but you're never going to be able to do it while against Ninetales-A, and you're wasting turns by trying to break screens once a setup mon is already in. Headlong Rush and Close Combat both give you Immediate power. Ice Spinner is run here because it hits Gliscor super effectively, as well as pesky grasses, while Tera Ice bolsters it even more. You can even abuse the Ice type defense boost when facing a hail team!

:raging_bolt:
Tera Type: Electric -> Fairy
EVs: 124 HP / 252 SpA / 132 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderclap
- Dragon Pulse
- Discharge / Thunderbolt
- Calm Mind

Tera Fiary tends to be a lot better on Raging Bolt in particular, you're already hitting hella strong, so the added electric boost is not very necessary. Shedding your dragon weakness for an immunity is a godsend, and also flips all your weaknesses, usually allowing you to get an additional kill.
I also invested a bit more in bulk, while keeping enough speed to outspeed jolly Kingambit.
I'd usually say to run Thunderbolt over Discharge for the additional damage, but I kind of like how Discharge helps you here, giving you a way out in a 1v1 vs Volcarona, and potentially making you outspeed other mons.

That's pretty much it! Let me know if the changes work well for you, or if you'd like to change anything in particular!

Pokepaste:
https://pokepast.es/b3e5100e93a989a0

Nanulak

formerly PokefanKIV
Great ideas, Ehmcee! I’ve compiled a list of things based off of how I see them, and I would like your opinion on Skeledirge instead of Gholdengo, as I’ve found it more reliable and it plays the same role.

Parentheses means I thought of it
Boxy parentheses (idk what it’s called) means suggested but most likely rejected
Colon and semi-colon means maybe

Major:
Deoxys to Hisuian Samurott
Kyurem to Gholdengo (Skeledirge)

Minor:
Meowscarada-
Dark Tera to Ice
Adamant Nature to [Jolly]
Sucker Punch to :U-Turn;
Raging Bolt-
Electric Tera to Fairy
4 HP 252 Speed to [124 HP 132 Speed]
Discharge to Thunderbolt
Great Tusk-
Fire Tera to :Ice;
Brick Break to [Close Combat]
Earthquake to [Headlong Rush]
Temper Flare to :Ice Spinner;

Ehmcee

A Spoopy Ghost
is a Pre-Contributor
Great ideas, Ehmcee! I’ve compiled a list of things based off of how I see them, and I would like your opinion on Skeledirge instead of Gholdengo, as I’ve found it more reliable and it plays the same role.
I think Skeledirge isn't the greatest fit for this team, you're playing a very offense oriented squad that leans that needs to abuse hazards being up to deal as much damage as possible. Skeledirge is a cool mon but doesn't do much to alleviate your issue with ground coverage (mons like Heavy-Duty-Boots Kyurem Earth Power, Enamorus Earth Power, Dragonite Earthquake and Gliscor especially). It's also fairly tera reliant, fire ghost isn't the best defensive typing right now, and losing the ability to Tera on your big hitters like Raging Bolt and Enamorus kinda sucks.

Parentheses means I thought of it
Boxy parentheses (idk what it’s called) means suggested but most likely rejected
Colon and semi-colon means maybe

Major:
Deoxys to Hisuian Samurott
Kyurem to Gholdengo (Skeledirge)

Minor:
Meowscarada-
Dark Tera to Ice
Adamant Nature to [Jolly]
Sucker Punch to :U-Turn;
Raging Bolt-
Electric Tera to Fairy
4 HP 252 Speed to [124 HP 132 Speed]
Discharge to Thunderbolt
Great Tusk-
Fire Tera to :Ice;
Brick Break to [Close Combat]
Earthquake to [Headlong Rush]
Temper Flare to :Ice Spinner;
Do you mind explaining why you rejected some of the options? There could certainly be other possible changes if you don't vibe with them.

Nanulak

formerly PokefanKIV
Ehmcee, the reason I chose them is:
Meowscarada-
Jolly: The reason I rejected this is because I think Meowscarada is fast enough, especially with Sucker Punch which I really like having on Band Meow. So adamant really helps deal more damage

Raging Bolt-
EVs: I rejected these because I prioritize Speed, especially since Raging Bolt is so slow

Great Tusk-
Close Combat: I rejected this for two reasons. One, I don’t want to have to deal with lowered defensive stats and just being OHKO’d after failing to OHKO myself. The second reason is Brick Break breaks screens and Aurora Veil, which I’ve had problems with before
Headlong Rush: The same reason as CC’s first point

And honestly why I thought Skeledirge over Gholdengo is because I like playing Fairy or Grass Tera Skeledirge for surprise, and I’ve had trouble playing Gholdengo in the past. How about Kingambit instead? It’s a good late game Pokémon that I’ve last ditch swept with because of Sucker Punch (which would let me add U-Turn to Meow as I want two counter attack priorities), Kowtow Cleave, Iron Head, and Swords Dance

Ehmcee

A Spoopy Ghost
is a Pre-Contributor
Ehmcee, the reason I chose them is:
Meowscarada-
Jolly: The reason I rejected this is because I think Meowscarada is fast enough, especially with Sucker Punch which I really like having on Band Meow. So adamant really helps deal more damage

Raging Bolt-
EVs: I rejected these because I prioritize Speed, especially since Raging Bolt is so slow

Great Tusk-
Close Combat: I rejected this for two reasons. One, I don’t want to have to deal with lowered defensive stats and just being OHKO’d after failing to OHKO myself. The second reason is Brick Break breaks screens and Aurora Veil, which I’ve had problems with before
Headlong Rush: The same reason as CC’s first point

And honestly why I thought Skeledirge over Gholdengo is because I like playing Fairy or Grass Tera Skeledirge for surprise, and I’ve had trouble playing Gholdengo in the past. How about Kingambit instead? It’s a good late game Pokémon that I’ve last ditch swept with because of Sucker Punch (which would let me add U-Turn to Meow as I want two counter attack priorities), Kowtow Cleave, Iron Head, and Swords Dance
Specifically when it comes to Meowscarada and Raging Bolt, I think you should try prioritising why we run speed on Pokemon, to outpace specific threats. A great tool you can use when deciding how much speed to run on certain pokemon is the OU Speed Tiers List . It lists the exact speed stat of every relevant threat in the OU meta.

Running Adamant over Jolly on Meowscarada does make you stronger, however it now makes you slower than multiple Pokemon you'd much rather outspeed, specifically:
:walking_wake:, unboosted :iron_moth:, :ogerpon-wellspring:, :latios:, :latias:, :maushold:, :serperior:, unboosted :iron_valiant:, :cinderace:, unboosted :roaring_moon:, :tornadus-therian: and :greninja:. I can guarantee you that the extra speed is worth, even if it will slightly lower your damage output.

If we look over to Raging Bolt, while running Modest, you're able to get a maximum of 249 speed, this is compared to the 219 speed spread I listed.
If we look in between the 249 and 219 speed Pokemon, there are very few that are genuinely worth creeping for, with maybe the exception of 0 speed Gliscor. One potential reason you could want to run full speed is specifically to outcreep opposing Modest Raging Bolts, but I do believe that the extra 124 EV's in HP will help you out tremendously when it comes to your bulk.

When it comes to the Great Tusk, i think it's somewhat fair, but I think you will still end up having problems if your only answer to Aurora Veil is Brick Break Tusk.

Now about the final slot, I can understand not liking Gholdengo, and while I do like Kingambit as a pokemon, you would end up having 3 different dark type Pokemon, and still having a problematic fairy weakness.

I think you could potentially still add Kingambit if we removed Meowscarada or Samurott however.

I've also thought about maybe potentially adding an Air Balloon Heatran over Gholdengo. It'd cover your fairy weakness while having a very good matchup against Ninetales-Alola, all while being able to stop some physical sweep attempts with Will-O-Wisp, while also giving you Stealth Rock support. Here's a version of the team with Heatran>Gholdengo:

https://pokepast.es/3f67dd1907f455b0

Nanulak

formerly PokefanKIV
Specifically when it comes to Meowscarada and Raging Bolt, I think you should try prioritising why we run speed on Pokemon, to outpace specific threats. A great tool you can use when deciding how much speed to run on certain pokemon is the OU Speed Tiers List . It lists the exact speed stat of every relevant threat in the OU meta.

Running Adamant over Jolly on Meowscarada does make you stronger, however it now makes you slower than multiple Pokemon you'd much rather outspeed, specifically:
:walking_wake:, unboosted :iron_moth:, :ogerpon-wellspring:, :latios:, :latias:, :maushold:, :serperior:, unboosted :iron_valiant:, :cinderace:, unboosted :roaring_moon:, :tornadus-therian: and :greninja:. I can guarantee you that the extra speed is worth, even if it will slightly lower your damage output.

If we look over to Raging Bolt, while running Modest, you're able to get a maximum of 249 speed, this is compared to the 219 speed spread I listed.
If we look in between the 249 and 219 speed Pokemon, there are very few that are genuinely worth creeping for, with maybe the exception of 0 speed Gliscor. One potential reason you could want to run full speed is specifically to outcreep opposing Modest Raging Bolts, but I do believe that the extra 124 EV's in HP will help you out tremendously when it comes to your bulk.

When it comes to the Great Tusk, i think it's somewhat fair, but I think you will still end up having problems if your only answer to Aurora Veil is Brick Break Tusk.

Now about the final slot, I can understand not liking Gholdengo, and while I do like Kingambit as a pokemon, you would end up having 3 different dark type Pokemon, and still having a problematic fairy weakness.

I think you could potentially still add Kingambit if we removed Meowscarada or Samurott however.

I've also thought about maybe potentially adding an Air Balloon Heatran over Gholdengo. It'd cover your fairy weakness while having a very good matchup against Ninetales-Alola, all while being able to stop some physical sweep attempts with Will-O-Wisp, while also giving you Stealth Rock support. Here's a version of the team with Heatran>Gholdengo:

https://pokepast.es/3f67dd1907f455b0
I like it

Nanulak

formerly PokefanKIV
*UPDATE*
Note:
1. Stats are in the order of HP, Attack, Defense, Sp. Atk, Sp. Def, Speed
2. I wouldn’t have been able to do this without Ehmcee, and I’d like to thank 'em for helping me with this

:sv/meowscarada: :sv/raging bolt: :sv/enamorus:
:sv/great tusk: :sv/samurott-hisui: :sv/heatran:

:meowscarada: Meowscarada-
Meowscarada @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Flower Trick
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Triple Axel
A really good Meowscarada. Meowscarada is a strong and speedy Pokémon, and I think that it’s moveset gives me a lot of control. One of my strongest strategies is probably switch-in U-Turn bait so that I can bait into deadly things or something. Here’s the statistics:
Stats: 294, 319, 176, 178, 176, 379
Problems: :cinderace: Cinderace, :blaziken: Blaziken, :iron valiant: Iron Valiant, etc.
Role: Speedy Band
Smogon Analysis Role: Fast Band

:raging bolt: Raging Bolt-
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 124 HP / 252 SpA / 132 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderclap
- Dragon Pulse
- Thunderbolt
- Calm Mind
Raging Bolt is one of my two peak Thunderclap/Sucker Punchers. I like having two just in case a threat that somehow got full stats can get KO’d relatively safely. It’s saved me before. Raging Bolt is also a peak Calm Minder, as I’ve swept with a single one, and Thunderbolt is really good is I’m faster. The statistics:
Stats: 422, 315, 218, 410, 214, 219
Raging Bolt’s Checks: :kyurem: Kyurem, :iron valiant: Iron Valiant, :great tusk: Great Tusk, etc.
Role: Calm Mind Thunderclapper
Smogon Analysis Role: Bulky Special Sweeper

:enamorus: Enamorus-
Enamorus @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Contrary
Tera Type: Stellar
Timid Nature
- Tera Blast
- Moonblast
- Healing Wish
- Earth Power
Enamorus is a Pokémon with a stat that I made quite a while ago: Give it Contrary and Scarf in Teambuilder, and when battling, lead, immediate Tera, Tera Blast spam. Contrary with Stellar Tera Blast boosts your Attack and Sp. Atk every time you use it, and Scarf lets you out speed everything, so you basically eventually outspeed and OHKO everything! Now for the statistics:
Stats: 290, 211, 176, 369, 196, 342
Enamorus’s Checks: :raging bolt: Raging Bolt, :clodsire: Clodsire, :gholdengo: Scarf Gholdengo, etc.
Role: Lead Stellar Tera Tera Blast
Smogon Analysis Role: Special Scarf

:great tusk: Great Tusk-
Jolly Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Close Combat
- Headlong Rush
- Ice Spinner
Great Tusk is a peak Pokémon here, with hazard removal and high speed pairing with its deadly attack boosted by Booster Energy. It also gives out surprised with Ice Tera Ice Spinner, so all in all, a peak Pokémon. In fact, it’s so good not too many Pokémon can stand up a chance to it. Now for the statistics:
Stats: 372, 361, 298, 127, 142, 300
Great Tusk’s counters: :ninetales-alola: Alolan Ninetales, :ogerpon-wellspring: Ogerpon (Wellspring Mask), :weavile: Weavile, etc.
Role: Hazard removal and trucking (high speed OP Attack)
Smogon Analysis Role: Fast Physical Sweeper

:samurott-hisui: Hisuian Samurott-
Samurott-Hisui @ Black Belt
Ability: Sharpness
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Ceaseless Edge
- Sucker Punch
- Sacred Sword
- Razor Shell
Hisuian Samurott is a deadly Pokémon, with good speed, Sucker Punch, and an arsenal of Sharpness boosted moves. And then of course it’s Sharpness and Black Glasses boosted Ceaseless Edge sets up Spikes as insult to injury. The statistics:
Stats: 321, 315, 196, 212, 167, 295
Hisuian Samurott’s counters: :iron valiant: Iron Valiant, :raging bolt: Raging Bolt, :ogerpon-wellspring: Ogerpon (Wellspring Mask), etc.
Role: Sucker Puncher and Sharpness attacker
Smogon Analysis Role: Fast Physical Sweeper

:heatran: Heatran-
Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 212 SpA / 40 Spe
Calm Nature
- Magma Storm
- Will-O-Wisp
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
Heatran is both support and special attacker. Stealth Rock and Will-O-Wisp are really annoying, whereas Magma Storm is good for both roles and Earth Power is a good check. It’s Air Balloon and Flash Fire ability make it immune to Ground-type moves temporarily and Fire-type moves with a Sp. Atk boost! The statistics:
Stats: 386, 166, 249, 349, 272, 200
Heatran’s Counters: :great tusk: Great Tusk, :swampert: Swampert, :pelipper: Pelipper, etc.
Role: Status, hazard, and trap support
Smogon Analysis Role: Specially Defensive

:meowscarada: :raging bolt: :enamorus: :great tusk: :samurott-hisui: :heatran:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)