XY OU Rate my Team: XY OU Stall

I have been testing this team for the past few weeks and it seems to hold well in the middle of the OU ladder.

Team Overview
Machamp @ Assault Vest
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dynamic Punch
- Stone Edge
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off

This is a standard machamp lead. Assault vest lets machamp tank special hits fairly well. Knock off can one-shot many ghost types if you predict a switch. Beware psyshock and any physical flying type moves.

Wobbuffet @ Leftovers
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 96 HP / 168 Def / 244 SpD
Bold Nature
- Counter
- Mirror Coat
- Encore
- Safeguard

Wobbuffet is an extremely frustrating pokemon to face. The combination of shadow tag and encore is simply evil. This set is particularly good at trapping in an opposing cleric. And should encore lock the opponent into something like aromatherapy, wobbuffet can quickly pp stall that move. Similarly, encore on a status move like toxic, plus safeguard ensures a free turn of setup.

Chandelure @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Trick
- Flamethrower
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball

Chandelure excels at killing. The choice scarf ensures almost nothing can outspeed it, and flash fire means it can safely switch into a predicted fire type attack. Trick is reserved as a last resort to cripple a cleric or something with a slow setup. Trick can also be used to lock an opponent into an attack such that wobbuffet can kill it.

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Aromatherapy
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled

Eviolite chansey has absurd bulk. Almost nothing can get through without resorting to many boosts or statuses. But natural cure removes status upon switching out, and aromatherapy clears the whole team of status.

Forretress @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Toxic
- Toxic Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin

Forretress is my first physical wall. Its primary job is to set up stealth rock and toxic spikes. If wobbuffet locks something into toxic or any poison type move, forretress will have a free turn to place hazards or to use toxic directly. Rapid spin is my only way to remove hazards.

Slowbro @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Ice Beam / Slack Off
- Scald
- Flamethrower
- Thunder Wave

Slowbro is my other physical wall. Scald is the standard attack. The 30% chance of a burn is nice, should the opponent have steel types or poison types around, and thunder wave exists to cripple anything immune to burns or poison. Flamethrower kills ferrothorn in two hits, and faster if they switched into scald and got a burn. Ice beam can be useful for killing anything with a 4x weakness, but that would eliminate the slot for slack off, which greatly slowbro's longevity, giving it a means of recovery independent of regenerator.

Any thoughts or suggestions for this team?

I'd switch that wobbufet with a gothitelle as wobbufet's limited movepool is very easy to take advantage of.
I'd run this set on gothitelle

Gothitelle @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Trick
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Foul Play
The goal of this set is to trap your opponent into a bad move and use that to either get a free kill or get a guaranteed switch. This set would also help you steal momentum from your opponent as being stuck in a useless move with nothing to do except flail around will not be very fun for the opponent(this is coming from someone who has suffered the wrath of this strategy) So yeah, your team is pretty good, Its just you don't want someone to take advantage of wobbufet's limited movepool and get an easy victory because of it. Anyways this is just a suggestion, if you really like wobbufet a lot, then by all means keep it just be careful not to let your opponet set up on wobbufet and get an easy victory.

Back