Ability: Download
EVs: 4 SDef / 252 HP / 252 SAtk
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spd

- Trick Room
- Tri Attack
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

First Trick Room setter and special sweeper. One of my favourites I must say as it can withstand a huge hit allowing it to set TR. Built more offensively, tested defensive with Recover but not my style. Tri Attack is my choice of attack after BoltBeam for the powerful STAB.

Reuniclus @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SAtk
Quiet Nature

- Trick Room
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball

My second (and final) TR setter and special sweeper. I opted to only use 2 setters vs 3 because my other pokemon have good priority moves that can be relied on and makes my team less reliant on having TR always up. I have won games with only 1 TR very easily. Standard Reuniclus with 0 Spd IVs for Trick Room.

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature

- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Superpower
- Waterfall

First of the physical sweepers. CB Huge Power Azumarill is a beast if left unchecked but has a glaring flaw which is its miserable speed. Normally, Aqua Jet is the go to move for the priority to make up for its low speed but with TR, you can safely use other moves without as much danger.

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 Def
Brave Nature

- King's Shield
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak
- Sacred Sword

My second physical sweeper. Aegislash is almost the same as Azu, low speed but with sufficient set up and prediction can sweep teams with ease. Trick Room puts its low speed to good use. I have not tested a Mixed/Special Aegislash but physical is working fine so far.

Scizor @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Brave Nature

- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Swords Dance
- Roost

The third of the physical sweepers. Scizor has powerful priority in Technician STAB Bullet Punch and a +2 Scizor is nothing to laugh at. U-turn gets you out of sticky situations and can switch into a setter.

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature

- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Flare Blitz
- Roost

Of course I need a Mega! Mega Zard X is my clean up crew in the late game when Trick Room just doesn't cut it. Extremely strong STAB moves in Outrage and Flare Blitz and Roost to stay healthy.

Any sort of help or advice is appreciated!

Welcome to Smogon, it's always nice to see new trick room teams first off I would pick a different win con. Than Mega Zard-X not because it's bad but because it's very difficult to support while still running an optimal TR team as you really need spin/defog support to make Zard-X worthwhile. Here are some sweepers who you can get rid of Zard-X for who require less support include Mega Tyranitar, Haxorus, Rock Polish Landorus-T or I, Speed Boost Scolipede, and agility Mega Ampharos.

Second I would recommend not using choice items in trick room at all as the reason azu uses a band is that due to its low speed it has to be a hit and run attacker which obviously is not the case in trick room. I would either fake the choice band with an expert belt, use life orb, or swap to sitrus berry and use bellyjet Azumarill.

Third, Stance Dance Aegislash is not very good because its coverage is just so poor, and Aegislash in general doesn't really benefit from trick room support as Aegislash really wants to take hits in shield forme. If you aren't using mega amph or t-tar for you win con. I would highly recommend mega-mawile in this slot as mawile wrecks shop when it outspeeds everything and is one of the main reasons OU trick room is good. Otherwise some good trick room mons are Conkeldurr, Rhyperior, Landorus-T, or Ferrothorn and most of those can set up SR as well.

Let me know if this helped also this is a really good resource for you in the teambuilding process

That was very helpful, thanks ace! I'll definitely look into the other options.

When you say Aegislash's coverage is poor what do you mean? Does it not have perfect neutral coverage with Ghost/Fighting?

(haha looks like you beat me here acestriker)

Hey there, good looking team from what I see.

I agree with Acestriker's point on Azumarill, and you can use Sitrus Berry+Belly Drum to act as a pseudo-late game sweeper (filling zard-X's role, opening up room for another mega). Mega-zard x needs support as well, so there's that. Also, I agree with his point on Aegislash, you should replace SD with Shadow Ball and run 252HP/252Sp Atk/4 Atk because that is arguable the better set.

A Mega-Scizor set running Bullet Punch, U-Turn, and Knock off can spell quite a bit of trouble for your team if Trick Room isn't up, (outside of King's Shield Mindgames) and at +2, mega-zard X isn't going to be taking bullet punches well (or flare blitz recoil for that).
+2 252+ Atk Technician Mega Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Charizard X: 110-129 (36.9 - 43.2%)​
Changing Aegislash moveset would help, since the Shadow Ball is going to do more damage than Shadow Sneak or Sacred Sword would.
252+ SpA Aegislash-Blade Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Mega Scizor: 160-189 (46.5 - 54.9%) -- 62.1% chance to 2HKO
252+ Atk Aegislash-Blade Sacred Sword vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Scizor: 90-106 (26.1 - 30.8%) -- guaranteed 4HKO​

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)