Rate my X and Y team

Status
Not open for further replies.
I already played a few times, and I have won but there are times where defeat can be seen from afar.

Mega Aggron is basically my psychical wall, after Hippowdon sets the sandstorm, it should give Aggron the enough Special Defense to resist a fire attack (since most of them are special instead of physical). And since Mega Aggron reduces the super-effective moves by a 25% plus he becomes Steel Type Only, the amount of super effective moves are reduced.

- Aggron @ Aggronite
Nature: Adamant
Ability Rock Head
EV: 252 Def / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Move Set:
- Iron Defense
- Heavy Slam
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake

Leafeon is to sep up Aggron or Bisharp, since I don't plan to use aggron at start, I rather start up with Leafeon or Furfrou, to set up the field for Aggron or Bisharp. And of course leafeon is also here to power up and pass it on to any other pokemon.

-Leafeon @ Leftovers
Nature Impish
Ability Leaf Guard
Ev: 252 HP/ 252 Def / 4 atk
- Substitute
- Leaf blade
- Batton Pass
- Swords Dance

Bysharp is my bulky sweeper, after Hippowdon and Furfrou/Leafeon sets the field, I place bisharp and use at least Swords Dance once, and start eliminating at least, the less bulky types or the fast types.

-Bisharp @ Focus Sash
Nature: Adamant
Ability Defiant
Ev: 150 Atk/ 252 Def/ Spd 106
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance
- Substitute
- Sucker Punch

Hippowdon I already said it before, but he set ups the field for both Bisharp and Aggron, and himself. He is also a physical waller, instead of using earthquake which is normally a move used for him, I choose rock slide so I don't kill my own team in the process.

- Hippowdon @ Sitrus Berry
Nature Careful
Ability Sands Stream
Ev: 252 Def/ 252 Hp/ 4 Atk
- Fire Fang
- Stealth Rock
- Rest
- Rock Slide

Furfrou stats aren't that high except for his speed, but normal type only super effective weakness is Fighting, and most of their move list are physical and with Fur Coat all of the physical damages are halved. And with the use of his speed I can paralyze most of the pokemons the opposite time could posses. Or get rid of psychic and ghost menaces with sucker punch. In the case there's a mayor threat for him U-turn will be enough for him for hopefully escape safely.

- Furfrou @ Chople Berry
Nature Impish
Ability Fur Coat
EV: 252 Hp/ 200 Def/ 56 S.def
- Cotton Gurd
- Sucker Punch
- Thunder Wave
- U-Turn

Gengar as the built can be seen, I use it to eliminate various pokemon types that my team can't handle or something happen to any of them. And with the addition of Expert Belt, I can make sure to at least try and go for a 1 hit kill. But of course that's after I make sure there's no threat of Sucker Punch, we all know how much gengar can't handle a physical hit, and less if a super effective one.

- Gengar @ Expert Belt
Nature Modest
Ability Levitate
Ev: 252 S.Atk/ 252 Spd / 4 S.Def
- Thunder Bolt
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gem
- Sludge Bomb

Last edited:
I have to agree with md5793 lol. Anyway U have run aggron because he is one of my fav pokes. However he is best run without his mega. I find him to be able to blow holes through th other team if he has rock head life orb. With automomize(or something) to boost speed and just head smash everything.

Ok I added a description on the main focus of the built and strategy, a very simple description, but one none the less.

MegaScizor Yeah I saw also the possibility on, the head smash strategy with rock head. But aggron is quite the slow pokemon, I could use that strategy if I can get another pokemon to set up his speed for him, if I try to use Autotomize it could take a 2 turn for him to at least be the first one to attack, that in the case on my EV Training, if I train him on speed and attack then the possibility for him to set up his own speed could work, but after I make sure there are no ground or fighting threats that can x4 super effective him.

More people need to use aggronite man. Mega Aggron IS BEAST. Rocky head/lifeorb combo is a very dangerous set as since aggrons typing is its most crippling weakness that its BST DOESN'T help. Anywho, you might want to consider t-wave to cripple unexpected switch ins to replace Iron Defense (it needs special defense mang, it's got enough of that defense shit)

Now I have a confession to make...i've run your leafeon on my eeveeloution team and well...it ain't gonna survive any special shit. It's primarily because of its typing and BST for its other stats. In fact, the main weakness of your team is hyper offense special sweepers that your gengar wouldn't able to really knock down.

...A lot of your pokemon suffer in the speed area (aggron, hippowdon, leafeon (ugh), and Furfrou). Have you considered running a trick room team?

OH and another quick thing. I've used your spread and your nature mega aggron. It's nice to attack with, but I promise in the long run you'd be better with a careful natured 252 sp.def, 252 Hp, 4atk and run PuP or Baton Pass some weakness policy onto it. Or at least 252 sp.def/ 125 Hp/ 127 atk . If you want filter to work effectivley, you'll need the maximum Sp.def you can get to kill your primary weakness -fire- since a fuck ton of fire moves LOVE to be special. I promise your defenses are going to still be legendary. But yeah that's literally out of experience of running Mega Aggron through Maison and it couldn't even take a Pyroar's flamethrower even -with- filter.

Also...if you're using Hippo as your wall, why isn't he holding the leftovers? Your item placement seems a little funky to me and I'd recommend adding a description as to why you chose the items that you did. Sitrus is nice and all, but I doubt considering Hippo's HP that sitrus would really help it survive any better.

Edit: I totally forgot you were running doubles for a sec (my previous comments still apply), but I wanted to add that aggron could benefit from using protect. Just pointing that one out :P good luck and have fun!

Last edited:
More people need to use aggronite man. Mega Aggron IS BEAST. Rocky head/lifeorb combo is a very dangerous set as since aggrons typing is its most crippling weakness that its BST DOESN'T help. Anywho, you might want to consider t-wave to cripple unexpected switch ins to replace Iron Defense (it needs special defense mang, it's got enough of that defense shit)

Now I have a confession to make...i've run your leafeon on my eeveeloution team and well...it ain't gonna survive any special shit. It's primarily because of its typing and BST for its other stats. In fact, the main weakness of your team is hyper offense special sweepers that your gengar wouldn't able to really knock down.

...A lot of your pokemon suffer in the speed area (aggron, hippowdon, leafeon (ugh), and Furfrou). Have you considered running a trick room team?

OH and another quick thing. I've used your spread and your nature mega aggron. It's nice to attack with, but I promise in the long run you'd be better with a careful natured 252 sp.def, 252 Hp, 4atk and run PuP or Baton Pass some weakness policy onto it. Or at least 252 sp.def/ 125 Hp/ 127 atk . If you want filter to work effectivley, you'll need the maximum Sp.def you can get to kill your primary weakness -fire- since a fuck ton of fire moves LOVE to be special. I promise your defenses are going to still be legendary. But yeah that's literally out of experience of running Mega Aggron through Maison and it couldn't even take a Pyroar's flamethrower even -with- filter.

Also...if you're using Hippo as your wall, why isn't he holding the leftovers? Your item placement seems a little funky to me and I'd recommend adding a description as to why you chose the items that you did. Sitrus is nice and all, but I doubt considering Hippo's HP that sitrus would really help it survive any better.

Edit: I totally forgot you were running doubles for a sec (my previous comments still apply), but I wanted to add that aggron could benefit from using protect. Just pointing that one out :P good luck and have fun!
Now that's what I called a detailed description, I still have a few Reset Bags with me, I can try maximizing the S.Def, and dive the HP and Atk, since I already plan on passing the Atk power from leafeon. Yeah you are right on that about my slow team, probably switching out gengar for a Trick Room pokemon like Bronzong can benefit more? I actually want to use Cofagrigus for that matter but Yamask sadly is not part of the game until December 27 where I can just transfer my cofagrigus from Black And White, and specially I wanna make sure I run a Steel Type Team. I see what you mean with Leftovers, You are right about that one, since I probably will have Hippowdon out more than Leafeon is best to have him with the leftovers instead of the sitrus berry, and I would have to try, and power up leafeon S.Def with Assault Vest, to see if at least can survive S.Attackers. Or i can get a speon? I still have lot's of 5-6 high Iv eevees I breed, I literally can get any Eevee evolution with good stats, I would only have to check the nature of each, and just breed a new one with the correct nature.

Now that's what I called a detailed description, I still have a few Reset Bags with me, I can try maximizing the S.Def, and dive the HP and Atk, since I already plan on passing the Atk power from leafeon. Yeah you are right on that about my slow team, probably switching out gengar for a Trick Room pokemon like Bronzong can benefit more? I actually want to use Cofagrigus for that matter but Yamask sadly is not part of the game until December 27 where I can just transfer my cofagrigus from Black And White, and specially I wanna make sure I run a Steel Type Team. I see what you mean with Leftovers, You are right about that one, since I probably will have Hippowdon out more than Leafeon is best to have him with the leftovers instead of the sitrus berry, and I would have to try, and power up leafeon S.Def with Assault Vest, to see if at least can survive S.Attackers. Or i can get a speon? I still have lot's of 5-6 high Iv eevees I breed, I literally can get any Eevee evolution with good stats, I would only have to check the nature of each, and just breed a new one with the correct nature.
if you run assault vest leafeon, you'll never be able to baton pass, effectivley limiting it as a sweeper which it's NOT capable of doing thanks to its low speed. Anyways, as for what you said about changing the spread on your adamant, I thought about doing that for my own aggron, since I really don't want to breed another 5IV aron xD, but I asked about it in chat and many agree that adding the careful nature helps boost the sp.def to be more efficient though some argue that impish makes sure you're making the most out of your monster defense. I don't want you to waste a reset bag, but if you feel you want to try and see what maxing the sp.def on an adamant would do be my guest xD.

But yeah, speon wouldn't be a bad idea since it can magic bounce and it works as an incredible sub/berry passer (for either petaya or salac) but if you plan on trying to forgo speed passing in favor of trick room, I would avoid speed all together and focus more about covering your threats and checks and since you want to run steel types, I'd definatley think about running either really strong Priority, BP speed or just stick to trick room because Talonflame is gonna have a field day flare blitzing the shit out of your team >.o.

Edit: also charizard y is going to murder you. I'd probably pack something to check Megazard y

edit edit: man i need coffee I keep forgetting about your hippo. Still, your teams gonna HATE heat wave if hippo can't kill the fire types that pack it in time.

if you run assault vest leafeon, you'll never be able to baton pass, effectivley limiting it as a sweeper which it's NOT capable of doing thanks to its low speed. Anyways, as for what you said about changing the spread on your adamant, I thought about doing that for my own aggron, since I really don't want to breed another 5IV aron xD, but I asked about it in chat and many agree that adding the careful nature helps boost the sp.def to be more efficient though some argue that impish makes sure you're making the most out of your monster defense. I don't want you to waste a reset bag, but if you feel you want to try and see what maxing the sp.def on an adamant would do be my guest xD.

But yeah, speon wouldn't be a bad idea since it can magic bounce and it works as an incredible sub/berry passer (for either petaya or salac) but if you plan on trying to forgo speed passing in favor of trick room, I would avoid speed all together and focus more about covering your threats and checks and since you want to run steel types, I'd definatley think about running either really strong Priority, BP speed or just stick to trick room because Talonflame is gonna have a field day flare blitzing the shit out of your team >.o.

Edit: also charizard y is going to murder you. I'd probably pack something to check Megazard y

edit edit: man i need coffee I keep forgetting about your hippo. Still, your teams gonna HATE heat wave if hippo can't kill the fire types that pack it in time.
I noticed too heat wave is going to be a mayor issue against my team, that's why if I can at least make Sands Storm and Trick Room effects safely, I can at least make sure that the Fire Sweeper such as charizard like you just said or even ninetails since is a popular one cuz you can just capture it with HA. Which I should probably plan ahead of that and see if I can implement Sands Storm in one of my pokemons Move Set, I know gengar won't work with Trick Room on, but at least Bisharp has Sucker Punch, sadly that wont do against Fairies, but at least Aggron should cover that part.
I understand what you told me with Assault Vest Leafeon, and yeah it looks like Prio>Speed would be better for my team, I will have to get my hands on a Espeon.

edit: A friend of mine just suggested Umbreon. I will need to compare both

I noticed too heat wave is going to be a mayor issue against my team, that's why if I can at least make Sands Storm and Trick Room effects safely, I can at least make sure that the Fire Sweeper such as charizard like you just said or even ninetails since is a popular one cuz you can just capture it with HA. Which I should probably plan ahead of that and see if I can implement Sands Storm in one of my pokemons Move Set, I know gengar won't work with Trick Room on, but at least Bisharp has Sucker Punch, sadly that wont do against Fairies, but at least Aggron should cover that part.
I understand what you told me with Assault Vest Leafeon, and yeah it looks like Prio>Speed would be better for my team, I will have to get my hands on a Espeon.

edit: A friend of mine just suggested Umbreon. I will need to compare both
I like umbreon's@leftovers curse/pass set for trick room teams and you could probably make that work way more efficiantly than leafeon or espeon. You shouldn't need to impliment sandstorm as a move since your hippo has sandstream and if anything you could even get a ttar with sandstream (tho fairies mang, you'd be better off with hippo). When you see a fairy all you have to do is switch into Aggron and watch them squirm/run. Espeon are really cool when you want to screw over entry hazards or subpass a berry boost or hell, stored power is incredible but are impractical on trick room teams. You'd probably replace gengar with whomever you're using to actually set up the trick room. As for who to suggest to actually set up trick room...maybe dusknoir**? Hnnn I'd have to do more research for specific trick mons

Last edited:
I like umbreon's@leftovers curse/pass set for trick room teams and you could probably make that work way more efficiantly than leafeon or espeon. You shouldn't need to impliment sandstorm as a move since your hippo has sandstream and if anything you could even get a ttar with sandstream (tho fairies mang, you'd be better off with hippo). When you see a fairy all you have to do is switch into Aggron and watch them squirm/run. Espeon are really cool when you want to screw over entry hazards or subpass a berry boost or hell, stored power is incredible but are impractical on trick room teams. You'd probably replace gengar with whomever you're using to actually set up the trick room. As for who to suggest to actually set up trick room...maybe dusknoir**? Hnnn I'd have to do more research for specific trick mons
I can get dusknoir, but I just saw one that probably will benefit the most of a sands storm, Carbink 150 Def 150 SDef base, since its Rock/Fairy sands storm will power it up, and it can learn Trick Room and Lights Screen, so that its a plus++ against Fire Types, I wish I could know the Egg Moves but serebii doesn't have them, I could check if it can learn Wish.

I can get dusknoir, but I just saw one that probably will benefit the most of a sands storm, Carbink 150 Def 150 SDef base, since its Rock/Fairy sands storm will power it up, and it can learn Trick Room and Lights Screen, so that its a plus++ against Fire Types, I wish I could know the Egg Moves but serebii doesn't have them, I could check if it can learn Wish.
Carbink sucks at everything other than a brief wall. Also Carbink cannot learn egg moves because it is genderless (I believe)

Carbink sucks at everything other than a brief wall. Also Carbink cannot learn egg moves because it is genderless (I believe)
pretty much what I was going to say.

You'd probably be better off with Dusknoir or Bronzong for trick room hnnn...there's a list on serebii for pokemon that can learn trick room and I wish I could remember which trick roomer was the best xD. I just remember dusknoir in gen 4 as the most prominent user of trick room and well...that's several years back and I don't know what's changed since then. Wish I could help more.

You'd probably be better off with Dusknoir or Bronzong for trick room hnnn...there's a list on serebii for pokemon that can learn trick room and I wish I could remember which trick roomer was the best xD. I just remember dusknoir in gen 4 as the most prominent user of trick room and well...that's several years back and I don't know what's changed since then. Wish I could help more.
I believe Bronzong is the better choice because he is resistant to sand and is far more defensive, and his only weakness is fire which I believe your team covers well.

pretty much what I was going to say.

So a bulky special defender Bronzong to set up Trick Room, well and he also learns Lights Screen so that's a good thing. For gengar yeah I'm gonna change it for Dusknoir, so trick room doesn't back fire on him, I was thinking on Gorluk but Dosknoir has better stats and is just a slightly less physical attacker than Gorluk.

Audiosurfer

I'd rather be sleeping
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hi :) it's nice that you've taken an interest in the Doubles metagame. However, this team is simply not viable in the Doubles metagame and would not do too well. I recommend you browse through the doubles subforum and come onto #doubles (link in my signature) to get a better handle on the tier. Good luck with your team :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)