Resource Rating Sample Teams

Status
Not open for further replies.

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
RMT Leader
1681237840215.png

Approved by RMT staff
Banner by TPP

Welcome to RMT's Rating Sample Teams project! We're bringing back a project that has been used to help up and coming raters improve their rates. If you are unfamiliar with the the Practice Rating project it is mainly for aspiring raters or raters in general that want their rates improved. The goal of the project is to have your rating quality improved by rating a sample team and having your rate looked at by the team of official Team Raters specialized in that tier. This is done by sending a private message of your rate to the listed group of official Team Raters. The project will remain open permanently unless stated otherwise otherwise so you'll be able to participate anytime you like.

We will try to have at least 1-3 teams available per tier, and will rotate them every few months to take consideration for metagame changes or future bans. If there are any questions, feel free to PM me or another official TR.

Here is a list of raters you can send your rate to for feedback via Smogon Conversation, and the list of tiers we currently have available (subject to change when new raters are added)

OU: 3d , AndViet, Tysonslayer, chimp, Baloor, dex
Ubers: Lasen, Fc
UU: Sulo, Estarossa, KSt3ve
RU: -
NU: Togkey, EonX, Pokeslice
PU: EonX, ShuckleDeath
Doubles: Yellow Paint, Memoric
Monotype: AtraX Madara, maroon, Neko
LC: -
OMs: UT, Isaiah
National Dex: ChrisPBacon, hidin

Current Teams

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
RMT Leader

Please send your rates via the Smogon Conversation function to the judges for this metagame listed in the op.

SV OU Team #1
By Tysonslayer and AndViet

https://pokepast.es/004d499fe3a88419

:Baxcalibur:
Baxcalibur @ Choice Band
Ability: Thermal Exchange
Tera Type: Dragon
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Glaive Rush
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake

The star of the show and what the team was based off of, since the ban of Chien-Pao, Baxcalibur has found it's rightful place as a very good OU breaker. Since we're not running Heavy-Duty Boots a big emphasis on this set is to make sure entry hazard gets removed as much as possible via Court Change / Rapid Spin. This set is a standard Choice Band set with the tera being Dragon, so it's best to remove all fairies from the opposing team especially since fairies are not that common (Hatterene, Iron Valiant, Azumarill and Scream Tail). Icicle Crash is a good move to spam mainly attributed a solid flinch rate of 30%. Earthquake is mainly for Torkoal, Skeledirge, Garganacl, Kingambit, and Gholdengo. Ice Shard is a mandatory Priority move to run since 300 Speed is good but not enough to be in the upper echelon of the OU speed tier.

:Cinderace:
Cinderace @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Libero
Tera Type: Fire
Jolly Nature
- Pyro Ball
- U-turn
- Sucker Punch
- Court Change

Standard Cinderace set, like I mentioned above we want 2 forms of entry hazard removal to really give Baxcalibur as much chance to come in. Cinderace is a good U-turn pivoter and allows the team to one up the opposition when it comes to the switch-ins. Sucker Punch is a solid form of priority since this team isn't extremely fast in general, it is a valid option to have. Lastly we have Pyro Ball for the strong STAB move with the option to tera Fire and hit harder.

:Great Tusk:
Great Tusk @ Leftovers
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 248 HP / 124 Def / 136 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock

Standard Tusk set, we went with 136 Speed EVs to outspeed Iron Valiant (Not Booster Energy / Choice Scarfed) after one Rapid Spin use. Knock Off is valuable especially when going against fatter teams, to remove Leftovers / Heavy-Duty Boots. We needed a a more reliable way of putting down Entry Hazards vs relying on Court Change completely so we decided to go with Stealth Rock as one of the moves. Earthquake is a very solid move to have since a lot of teams out there do not have Ground immunity.

:Amoonguss:
Amoonguss @ Red Card
Ability: Regenerator
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Foul Play

We decided to go with a physically bulky Amoonguss with Red Card which is a nice tech when it comes to Sporing a Pokémon that might not want to be Spored as soon as you get hit. Sludge Bomb is solid STAB move to have, we went with it over Clear Smog for the pure power when it comes to hitting Fairies. Foul Play is for any Pokémon like Dragonite trying to setup on us and doing a solid chunk of damage.

:Rotom-Wash:
Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 HP / 244 SpD / 12 Spe
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Thunder Wave
- Protect

Rotom-W is kind of our Walking Wake check / a very soft check to opposing Rain teams. It allows good pivoting and helps cripple a mon that is giving us issues on the offensive end via Thunder Wave. Everything here is standard we decided to go with a Special Defensive variant since Amoonguss is more physically defensive and we have Great Tusk as well.

:Iron Valiant:
Iron Valiant @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Quark Drive
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Destiny Bond
- Trick

Lastly our speed check is Iron Valiant, we decided to go for Scarf because we didn't want to be reliant on Booster Energy being used once in game. Standard scarf set but we decided to be fully Special Attacking vs Mixed. Focus Blast is a solid move which hits hard we decided to go use it over Aura Sphere even though it might be inaccurate it allows us to play vs Steel types pretty well. Destiny Bond is to take down anything when we're in range for an expected kill. Trick is to have something to dismantle a wall if needed.

SV OU Team #2
by Baloor

https://pokepast.es/18d08c148172a51a

:greninja:
Greninja @ Choice Specs
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Dark Pulse
- Spikes

I wanted to build around specs greninja because I feel it is a super underrated breaker in the meta and is one of my favorite starters. There are very limited pokemon that can take Hydro + Dark Pulse safely and most pokemon that do hate taking spikes damage. Ice Beam is our last coverage move to hit grass types, pokemon like dragonite, hydreigon, roaring moon that might try to take advantage of greninja, and finally water absorb clodsire which would annoy gren otherwise.

:meowscarada:
Meowscarada @ Choice Band
Ability: Overgrow
Tera Type: Grass
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- U-turn
- Flower Trick

Next, I added meowscarada which pairs well with greninja offensively for a few reasons. First, they share a lot checks so they can wear them down for each other over the course of the game. Secondly, meowscarada hits physically which can synergizes well with gren since he hits specially, which can be nice vs a pokemon that runs various defensive spreads like toxapex. Meowscarada also has access to knock which can remove boots for spikes to do work and since meows forces a lot of switchs its a good game plan. To finish, Meowscarada offers a good speed tier and priority which gives us optimal speed control.

:volcarona:
Volcarona @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 248 HP / 92 Def / 128 SpA / 40 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Flamethrower
- Tera Blast
- Morning Sun

Volcarona closes out the FWG core. Volcarona was the perfect pokemon to close out this core as it really appreciates gren+meows breaking down its checks with raw power and spikes which helps it sweep in the late game. Defensively, Volcarona is also an excellent partner as it covers a lot of the pokemon that these two don't cover together like some variants of Valiant and Gholdengo. I decided on tera blast fairy to better help deal with dragon types as well as great tusk as they seemed like an issue at this point in building.

:great-tusk:
Great Tusk @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 200 Def / 60 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin

I added my obligatory Great Tusk to add some removal and hazards. The team didn't have a ground type or a reliable Kingambit check at this point so this was an awesome add. Knock further helps spikes make progress vs defensive teams. I decided on Tera Water as its the most consistent tera type on Great Tusk and couldn't think of anything else I needed a different tera for.

:gholdengo:
Gholdengo @ Air Balloon
Ability: Good as Gold
Tera Type: Flying
Timid Nature
- Make It Rain
- Shadow Ball
- Nasty Plot
- Recover

Next, I added air balloon tera flying gholdengo which helps for a few reasons. Gholdengo's ability good as gold is really nice here since I've made a lot of this team around abuses spikes and it helps block pokemon from removing them. I also noticed I did not have a steel type or a ground immune so people able to compress it to one spot made closing out the team really easy. Gholdengo also can act as a pseudo check to valiant and dragonite which seemed a little annoying, Finally, Nasty Plot + Recover helps gholdengo beat fatter teams with the help of our spikes and knock off.

:toxapex:
Toxapex @ Red Card
EVs: 248 HP / 64 Def / 196 SpD
Calm Nature
- Surf
- Recover
- Toxic
- Haze

The last pokemon to round out the team is our beloved toxapex. When looking for a last pokemon I noticed I did not have a reliable water resist. I considered Rotom-Wash in this slot but thought I would be way too weak to opposing volcarona and some other set-up sweepers and walking wake. Toxic + Haze help us shut down a good portion of sweepers that are looking to set up on us. Red Card is a tech I thought of to help prevent things from getting too nasty as pex can typically live one of anything. Tera Fairy can help us vs walking wake and is a more reliable typing overall when we no longer need to be a water resist.

SV OU Team #3
By Baloor

https://pokepast.es/3d000fc81762a81b

:iron-jugulis:
Iron Jugulis @ Booster Energy
Shiny: Yes
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Flamethrower
- Dark Pulse
- Taunt

I saw people using Iron Jugulis HO on ladder and in SPL so I wanted to take a crack at it. Jugulis is an interesting tool for option for a few reasons. It's typing is pretty good offensively and defensively as it is able to make progress off of ghosts and ground types while it's also able to threaten all the setters and removal in the tier with taunt + stabs. He has really good move pool options but I like flamethrower the most to hit opposing Kingambit. Iron Jugulis also has some crazy stats, being a wild mon to deal with after booster, and with the addition of taunt it can make solid progress vs defensive teams. The only thing that is holding it back is relying on Hurricane as flying stab which is very unreliable but its broken when it hits, especially after a tera flying.

:orthworm:
Orthworm @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Earth Eater
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 248 HP / 12 Def / 248 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Shed Tail
- Iron Head
- Body Press

I next added the core of Orthworm + Glimmora as I felt Jugulis would accel on shed tail ho. Everybody knows what orthworm does, its a ground immunity and clicks shed tail. I decided I was going to use orthworm as the spiker and glimmora the rocker as I felt I was going to want to click rocks more than spikes and worm doesnt get many chances to click hazards. I use spdef worm bc I like shedtailing on special attackers like gholdengo and valiant. Ghost tera lets us be immune to rapid spin and espeed.

:glimmora:
Glimmora @ Focus Sash
Ability: Toxic Debris
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Dazzling Gleam
- Mortal Spin

Now we have my suicide lead. Usually, glimmora just clicks rocks and dies, sometimes it clicks mortal spin to remove opposing hazards or to poison then dies. Glimmora is very straightforward mon so there is not much to explain. I'm running earth power mostly for the glimmora mirror than I'm running dazzling gleam tera fairy instead of grass to hit Great Tusk and some dragons like Hydreigon that might try to take turns off of glimmora to set up with subnp.

:dragapult:
Dragapult @ Leftovers
Ability: Infiltrator
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Darts
- Phantom Force
- Tera Blast

I wanted to add a ghost type on the team and I don't really like to use gholdengo on shed tail hyper offenses so I added Dragapult. Dragapult is an excellent sweeper under shed tail as it is able to safely click dd and make progress on the opposing team. I was not sure what to run in the slot since normally DD Pult runs sub but since we had shed tail I didn't need it. I decided on Tera Blast Fighting which helps us remove Kingambit which is the main check to DD Pult. It also does a few other things such as resist sucker punch which is a very popular form of priority in the tier as well as hit Ting Lu which is a shed tail teams worst nightmare.

:kingambit:
Kingambit @ Lum Berry
Ability: Supreme Overlord
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Kowtow Cleave
- Sucker Punch

As I mentioned, I don't like gholdengo on shed tail teams. I knew I wanted a steel type in this slot though so I put on Kingambit. Gambit does a few things for the team such as check dragapult which would be annoying due to its ability infiltrator and the fact jugulis is not the most reliable Ghost resist out there made this a pretty easy slot for me. I also wanted something to help vs bulkier teams so adamant tera dark helps us get past those, being an incredibly strong stab especially in tangent with Supreme Overlord. Priority is another aspect of Hyper Offense teams which is very important and gambit has access to sucker punch which is really valuable here. I have Lum Berry as the item to absorb status from common clickers such as dragapult and rotom-wash as well as nicher scenarios like toxic from pex after I tera vs a fat team.

Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Flamethrower
- Giga Drain

To round out the team I added Volcarona for two main reasons, I wanted another special sweeper and I felt I was way too weak to valiant. Considering Volcarona is super broken on shed tail teams, I didn't really think much before adding it. I decided on Tera Grass Volcarona as I didn't want to be run over by Azu and wanted something back up for dondozo. For my last move I wasn't too sure what to add since I didn't need sub because I had shed tail and I didn't need morning sun because I had giga drain. Eventually, I just slotted Bug Buzz since it's an additional STAB and it hits some checks to this set such as Drei and Moon while being stronger vs Ting Lu. Psychic is an option for clodsire and pex but I feel the team pressure clodsire enough while you can still eventually beat toxapex with tera grass giga drain.

Last edited:

Fc

Waiting for something to happen?
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a defending SCL Champion
Ubers Leader
Please send your rates via the Smogon Conversation function to the judges for this metagame listed in the op.

Ubers Team #1:
By Fc

https://pokepast.es/a16e346351fa6e71

:annihilape:
Annihilape @ Focus Sash
Ability: Vital Spirit
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Rage Fist
- Final Gambit

This team was made to be an HO build centered around Miraidon and its terrain, so I first added an entry hazard lead to help the rest of the team. Annihilape blocks Rapid Spin and can taunt other leads, while being threatening if hit with weak moves thanks to Rage Fist and Final Gambit. Tera Steel is good in the Glimmora matchup, blocking Mortal Spin to keep Stealth Rock up. Max HP for Final Gambit since Rage Fist gets boosted by being hit anyway, so this is a simple but important part of the team.

:miraidon:
Miraidon @ Leftovers
Ability: Hadron Engine
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Agility
- Parabolic Charge
- Dazzling Gleam

Miraidon was the main focus, providing support and huge sweeping potential from its Agility set. Very few Pokemon reliably take it on, so I thought it was the perfect edition for an offensive team that looks to win fast. Tera Fairy Dazzling Gleam is great against Ting-Lu, and the 8 speed lets Miraidon outrun Iron Bundle with Agility. It does struggle with some other Ground-types like Clodsire and Iron Treads, but the rest of the team as well as Stealth Rock can apply pressure long term and hopefully open it up in bad matchups.

:iron-bundle:
Iron Bundle @ Choice Specs
Tera Type: Ice
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump
- Freeze-Dry
- Flip Turn

Next up was Iron Bundle, really appreciating the terrain support from Miraidon to be the team's speed control. It's holding a Choice Specs to deal as much damage as quickly as possible so that it can open up teams for Miraidon to win. It pressures Clodsire and Iron Treads which is good for Miraidon, and has Flip Turn to get out of unfavourable matchups such as AV Flutter Mane or Blissey. Tera Ice powers it up even more so it can break even the bulkiest Pokemon that aren't Blissey.

Great Tusk @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin
- Bulk Up

The team doesn't have a strong defensive Koriadon answer, so I added Great Tusk next for 2 purposes. It checks Koraidon well, and can also Rapid Spin in case the opponent sets entry hazards. Bulk Up is strong for boosting if you also boost speed with Rapid Spin, making Great Tusk a decent sweeper along with its already strong supporting role. Tera Ghost is there in case Choice Band or Swords Dance Koraidon gets out of hand with Close Combat, as well as it being good against opposing Great Tusk trying to Rapid Spin away Annihilape's Stealth Rock.

:Iron-valiant:
Iron Valiant @ Booster Energy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spirit Break
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off

Another strong Pokemon that benefits from Electric Terrain, Iron Valinat is the last Quark Drive Pokemon on this team and is a strong sweeper. With Swords Dance and Tera Fairy almost nothing takes Spirit Break, and Knock Off can help against Skeledirge and removing Toxapex's item to assist the later added Koraidon. Booster Energy is there in case terrain is down if it has to be used before or after Miraidon, allowing it to still be faster than all unboosted Pokemon even without terrain support.

:koraidon:
Koraidon @ Life Orb
Ability: Orichalcum Pulse
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Flare Blitz
- Stomping Tantrum

Koraidon rounds out the team, being the most immediately powerful Pokemon on it. Life Orb Close Combat and Flare Blitz beat almost all Pokemon, and Stomping Tantrum damages Toxapex and Skeledirge very well. Tera Fire allows it to hit Skeledirge and Toxapex on the switch then KO with Stomping Tantrum without using Swords Dance, easing prediction. It also helps against Flutter Mane, a big threat to this team. Turning the tables opens up all the other sweepers which is very helpful.

Last edited by a moderator:

Estarossa

moo?
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderator
C&C Leader

SV UU Team 1
By Estarossa

https://pokepast.es/f81c3ec02e218491

:talonflame:
Talonflame @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Will-O-Wisp

This team was built around Taunt Talonflame, a formidable option to let Talonflame take on a more offensive role in a hazards based team to spread chip damage and stallbreak on top of its existing roles of speed control and defensive utility against Pokemon like Slither Wing. Tera Ghost was used to let Talonflame additionally spinblock if necessary. Brave Bird was used as the STAB move to hit Water-types like Gastrodon, while Will-O-Wisp spreads more chip damage and helps it punish physical attackers like Tinkaton and Tyranitar.

:gastrodon:
Gastrodon @ Covert Cloak
Ability: Sticky Hold
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Earth Power
- Sludge Bomb
- Spikes
- Recover

To support Taunt Talonflame fully, it needed a partner to set Spikes for it. Gastrodon provided this as well a counter to Sandy Shocks, one of Talonflame's best answers. Sticky Hold + Covert Cloak was used to let it serve as a Grafaiai counter and improve its matchup against rng from attacks like Gengar's Shadow Ball and Salamences Hurricane. Sludge Bomb was chosen to hit Tsareena the best and potentially Poison it, while maximal special defense investment lets it answer Gengar and Sandy Shocks the best it can. Tera Ghost was also used to stop Tsareena switching in and spinning against it as easily.

:kilowattrel:
Kilowattrel @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Competitive
Tera Type: Electric
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Thunderbolt
- U-turn
- Roost

While the team had measures against spinners through Tera Ghost users, opposing Defog Talonflame still had opportunities to remove hazards versus this team. Competitive Kilowattrel gave a nice option to punish this by turning it into a dangerous threat. Hurricane and Thunderbolt give it the options to hit threats like Gastrodon and Tyranitar the hardest, while U-turn lets Kilowattrel act as a general pivot during the game otherwise and pivot out against answers like Gastrodon that could block Volt Switch. Tera Electric was used to optionally power up Kilowattrel's Thunderbolt versus Pokemon like Tinkaton and Tyranitar if it ever picks up a Competitive boost and effects its damage rolls, although it should not Tera 99% of the time.

:coalossal:
Coalossal @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 240 SpD
Bold Nature
- Power Gem
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Flamethrower

The team really appreciated the addition of Stealth Rock and Rapid Spin too here, the latter in particular so that Talonflame could afford to take Knock Off from Tinkaton if necessary. Coalossal compressed these roles nicely on the team, and could use its decent matchup versus both removers such as Tsareena, Talonflame, and Brambleghast, its matchup versus Brambleghast as a spinblocker, and matchup versus Tinkaton as a Rocker to great effect here, noting that TInkaton is the main matchup where spin is going to be more useful. It also provides secondary Flame Body which is useful to help punish physical attackers like Slither Wing and Staraptor if its services aren't required. Tera Water was used to let it improve its matchup versus Tinkaton and remove its Stealth Rock weakness if Knocked Off, while Power Gem and Flamethrower provide STAB coverage to hit Pokemon like Brambleghast, Talonflame, and Scizor. 16 Defense EVs and a Bold nature let Coalossal take hits from Pokemon like Tinkaton and Tsareena better while otherwise maximising its matchup against Pokemon like Salamence and Noivern.

:wo-chien:
Wo-Chien @ Leftovers
Ability: Tablets of Ruin
Tera Type: Poison
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Knock Off
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Giga Drain

The team appreciated a solid switch in to Ground-types like HIppowdon, Quagsire, and Gastrodon. Wo-Chien was a fantastic option to provide this as well as Knock Off support, and could make solid use of the hazards itself to spread chip damage with Leech Seed + Protect. GIga Drain was ran to give it an option to immediately threaten said Ground-types. Maximum special defense investment let Wo-Chien improve its matchup versus Pokemon like Salamence and take Ice Beams from Gastrodon better, while Tera Poison allows Wo-Chien to avoid Toxic Poisons and not be used as an entry point by Gengar.

:grafaiai:
Grafaiai @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Poison Touch
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Gunk Shot
- U-turn
- Trailblaze

Grafaiai rounded off the team with another fast threat and pivot to help provide the team with entry points. A Poison Touch set could also spread chip damage versus checks like Gastrodon and Hippowdon to help Talonflame make even more progress. Trailblaze was used in the final slot to hit Gastrodon and Quagsire hard, while Heavy-Duty Boots stopped Grafaiai being worn down by hazards as a check to Gengar.

SV UU Team 2
By Sulo

https://pokepast.es/183de6f87424449a

:toxtricity:
Toxtricity @ Choice Specs
Ability: Punk Rock
Tera Type: Normal
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Overdrive
- Sludge Bomb
- Boomburst

Toxtricity is what the team is built around; it's a solid wallbreaker that often forces in specially defensive walls like Gastrodon and Tinkaton, but it can take advantage of those with Boomburst and Volt Switch or Overdrive, respectively. Tera Normal boosts the power of Boomburst even further, dealing heavy chip damage to even Blissey and Tyranitar with it. With Volt Switch, it can maintain momentum against checks like Tyranitar to bring in a teammate that threatens them.

:gengar:
Gengar @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Cursed Body
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Sludge Bomb
- Toxic Spikes

Gengar is an incredibly potent threat in UU and pairs well with Toxtricity in that it pressures the same specially defensive walls that Toxtricity hates, those being Tyranitar, Tinkaton, and Gastrodon. Will-O-Wisp wears those passive walls down, making both of these wallbreakers hard to switch into. It also cripples Pokemon like Hippowdon and Grafaiai. Toxic Spikes allows it to indirectly pressure the opposition, particularly wearing down Tera Rock Hippowdon and Tsareena, though the latter would need its Heavy-Duty Boots removed. Tera Ghost powers up Hex and goes beyond the strength given from status ailments. This allows Gengar to more easily wear down Tyranitar, Tinkaton, and Gastrodon.

Wo-Chien @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Sassy Nature
- Knock Off
- Foul Play
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

So far, the team looked quite defensively weak to Ground-types like Hippowdon and Gastrodon, so a check to them like RestTalk Wo-Chien was needed. Wo-Chien has been on the rise lately as an amazing defensive glue for a lot of teams, handling dangerous setup sweepers like Gyarados, Scizor, and Dragon Dance Tyranitar; this becomes a lot more reliable when using Tera, as it can flip the script against super effective coverage from Scizor and Gyarados if need be. Knock Off removes items like Leftovers from Tinkaton and Heavy-Duty Boots from Tsareena and Talonflame, making them easier to wear down through entry hazards and repeated attacks. RestTalk allows it to completely ignore status induced from Pokemon it switches into, including Thunder Wave from Slowking, Toxic from Quagsire, and Sludge Bomb poison from Gastrodon. It can also stay healthy long-term and check threats like Gyarados throughout a game. Tera Ghost removes Wo-Chien's crippling Bug and Fire weaknesses, as well as granting it a Normal immunity, letting it check or get an emergency hit on threats like Slither Wing, Lucario, and Maushold.

:quagsire:
Quagsire @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Recover

Entry hazard support and an Electric immunity seemed very valuable to the team, as without the former, it's a lot easier to switch into the offensive threats showcased, and without the latter, Volt Switch users like Sandy Shocks and opposing Toxtricity can freely gain momentum while racking up their own entry hazard damage. Quagsire fixes these issues easily; it solidifies the Sandy Shocks matchup, provides a secondary check to physical setup sweepers like Salamence and non-Taunt Hawlucha, and spreads status with Toxic, which allows Gengar's Hex to have a much more immediate effect on the opposition. Tera Poison lets Quagsire bait Grass-type coverage from Pokemon like Pawmot and Tsareena while also granting it a Toxic immunity, which is helpful against Grafaiai and opposing Quagsire.

EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Defog
- Roost

The team was lacking some Speed and entry hazard control, which Talonflame fits the bill for perfectly. U-turn is what I opted for to allow Talonflame to pivot out against switch-ins such as Quagsire, Sandy Shocks, and Coalossal, bringing in one of the aforementioned wallbreakers or Quagsire to threaten them or set up entry hazards; the move's place on this set isn't set in stone, however. Brave Bird is chosen over Flare Blitz to more adequately chip bulky Water-types like specially defensive Slowking and Gastrodon, though again, they're probably interchangeable if opposing Pokemon like Tinkaton become problematic.

:tinkaton:
Tinkaton @ Leftovers
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Gigaton Hammer
- Knock Off
- Encore

Stealth Rock is something I lacked up to this point, as well as a soft check to Choice Specs Gengar. Tinkaton basically glues the team together, providing insurance versus the aforementioned Gengar and removing Heavy-Duty Boots from Quagsire and Gastrodon, making its Stealth Rock and the rest of our entry hazards much more effective. Tinkaton's Tera type is something I was unsure of, so I defaulted to Water to give me somewhat of an emergency button against Earth Power Iron Jugulis and non-Substitute Dragon Dance Tyranitar.

SV UU Team #3
By KSt3ve

https://pokepast.es/8763fa8953bb6b6c

:gengar:
Gengar @ Leftovers
Ability: Cursed Body
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Focus Blast

I wanted to start a team with this gengar set. This set allows to avoid 50/50 phase thanks to the sub and wow.
The lefto also allows gengar to survive as long as possible, especially against the sand of Tyranitar or Hippowdon, spikes, sr … . Hex allows to boost the damage of pokemon previously burned thanks to wow.

EVs: 248 HP / 12 Def / 248 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Will-O-Wisp
- Defog
- Roost

Our team is rather balance, heel allows to add speed, defog and wow to help gengar to sweep by burning a maximum of pokemon. Tera Ghost is useful to be able to cancel most of Talon's weaknesses and can possibly be used as an anti-spin.

:sandy shocks:
Sandy Shocks @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Tera Type: Ice
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Volt Switch
- Earth Power
- Tera Blast

Sandy Shocks brings us more speed, rock traps, electric immunity, rock traps and the possibility to break the team in front of you thanks to its electric, ground and ice tera combo. An option would be to play power gem instead of tera ice to be less weak rotom-heat.

Wo-Chien @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 56 SpD / 24 Spe
Impish Nature
- Knock Off
- Ruination
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Wo-Chien is our physical wall, Knock Off to remove objects from the opponent's pokemons and Ruination to weaken the opponent's defensive cores. Rest + Talk allows you to hold on as long as possible, making Wo-Chien very difficult to kill. 24 in speed allows us to outspeed pokemons with 181 speed.

:salamence:
Salamence @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 40 Atk / 12 SpD / 208 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Dual Wingbeat
- Earthquake

Our first set up sweeper is salamence bulky. This set with dance draco + roost + intimidation allows salamence to come on the court as many times as possible to take attacks and remember the team. 208 in speed allows us to pass scarf gallame after a dance draco. 40+ in attack allows us to make a maximum of dmg, the rest in bulk (hp + spdef)

:scizor:
Scizor @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Technician
EVs: 184 HP / 252 Atk / 72 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rest
- Bullet Punch
- Trailblaze

The last pokemon of the team is Rest Chesto Scizor Sd. The goal of this pokemon is to kill the potential opponent Talon or Quagsire with its move grass. If quagsire will be poison, then it is our salamence that can break quagsire. Chesto allows you to wake up directly after using rest. Tera Steel is useful to do a maximum of damage.

SV NU Team #1
by Togkey

https://pokepast.es/d040ea260d73ccbb

:rotom:
Rotom @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 48 SpA / 208 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hex
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

I wanted to make a nice VoltTurn style team featuring Rotom, due to its positive matchup against the two best Pokemon in the tier, Sandaconda and Choice Scarf Passimian. Protect lets Rotom safely scout against Passimian and other common Choice item users. The Speed investment outpaces base 85's like Mabosstiff and Toxicroak which hate Will-O-Wisp, and with Tera Steel and Levitate, Rotom can be even more deceptively bulky than it already is.

:scyther:
Scyther @ Eviolite
Ability: Swarm
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance
- Defog

Scyther is the second component of the initial VoltTurn core. Tera Fighting gives Scyther a resistance to Rock-type attacks and gives it a STAB Close Combat, perfect for shredding through Steel- and Rock-types that would otherwise beat Scyther. Although Scyther's claim-to-fame is Technician, I actually don't need it on this set, so I have Swarm for a little boost in tight situations. Because Scyther forces so many switches, it actually makes for a great Defog user, especially with the bulk from Eviolite.

:zoroark:
Zoroark @ Choice Specs
Ability: Illusion
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Flamethrower
- Psychic
- U-turn

Zoroark is the main beneficiary of Rotom and Scyther's VoltTurn momentum, letting it hit the field safely to unleash powerful Dark Pulses. When disguised as Scyther, Zoroark can bait in otherwise suitable Scyther checks like Drifblim, Sandaconda, and Qwilfish, only to get completely blown up by Dark Pulse.

:ursaring:
Ursaring @ Leftovers
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 168 SpD / 88 Spe
Careful Nature
- Play Rough
- Bulk Up
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Ursaring serves as a nice special tank and status absorber for the team. While the VoltTurn core and Zoroark may tear through bulkier teams, Ursaring can tank repeated hits from offensive teams and dish back stronger blows. Tera Fairy gives Ursaring STAB on its Play Rough, which was chosen as the attack of choice due to its lack of immunities and overall decent offensive coverage. Tera Fairy also turns the tables on Fighting-types like Passimian and Medicham. Ursaring has 88 Speed EV's to outpace Vaporeon before it can have its stats reset by Haze.

:vaporeon:
Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 SpD
Calm Nature
- Chilling Water
- Wish
- Protect
- Haze

Speaking of Vaporeon, the offensive core of this team needs a backbone, and what better choice than Vaporeon for its Water immunity and amazing bulk. I have Chilling Water to lower the enemy's attack stat, and Haze to reset stats if they boost too much. Tera Dark allows Vaporeon to completely wall Bruxish, as well as stop Stored Power sweeps from the likes of Veluza and Farigiraf.

:sandaconda:
Sandaconda @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Shed Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rest
- Glare

Sandaconda is an amazing teammate for Vaporeon, taking powerful physical hits and setting up hazards for the rest of the team. Tera Ghost lets Sandaconda hard stop Passimian's Tera Close Combat, and Rocky Helmet is great to punish U-turn.

SV NU Team #2
built by EonX

https://pokepast.es/613da0d5ce4f3c7f

Eelektross @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Giga Drain
- Flamethrower
- Thunderbolt

As I wanted to built a VoltTurn team to facilitate a late-game Vivillon sweep, Eelektross was a natural first choice due to its strong matchup against Sandaconda and opposing Quiver Dance users. Assault Vest is the chosen item to increase Eelektross's initial special bulk and better utilize its low Speed to get teammates in safely. Giga Drain solidifies the Sandaconda matchup while Flamethrower gives a strong hit on Cacturne which can otherwise lay up a Spike or two against Eelektross. Thunderbolt is for when Eelektross wants to stay in against Electric-weak targets, such as Vaporeon.

Passimian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Tera Blast

Passimian is a natural fit on VoltTurn teams or almost any team in the tier really. Its solid bulk, Speed tier, and powerful STAB Close Combat make it a reliable late-game cleaner. Knock Off and U-turn provide good utility with Tera Blast Fairy offering a powerful option to counter other Passimian while also hitting opposing Tera Ghost Pokemon for heavy damage.

Zoroark @ Choice Specs
Ability: Illusion
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Flamethrower
- Sludge Bomb
- Psychic

Choice Specs Zoroark has a great Speed tier and incredible Special Attack while being able to easily punish just about every switch in for Passimian, which you should almost always be disguising Zoroark as. Flamethrower hits Tera Steel Pokemon, such as Eelektross, while Sludge Bomb soundly 2HKOes Florges. Psychic rounds out the set by hitting Specially Defensive Muk for a reliable 2HKO as opposed to relying on Dark Pulse over the long game. Tera Dark is used since Zoroark outspeeds many offensive Pokemon and the power boost can muscle through some bulky targets, like Vaporeon and non-Tera Steel Eelektross with 2HKOes.

Vivillon-Fancy @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Shield Dust
Tera Type: Ground
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Sleep Powder
- Tera Blast
- Hurricane

Vivillon is among the scariest sweepers in the tier thanks to solid power, Speed, and access to Sleep Powder to incapacitate the opposing team's best initial response. Tera Bast Ground forms incredible coverage with Vivillon's STAB Hurricane to hit much of the tier for neutral damage, at worst. As Vivillon's greatest weapon is arguably Sleep Powder, it is paramount to hold it until you are presented with a target that you can't muscle past initially, such as Tera Ghost Muk or Umbreon.

Drifblim @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Will-O-Wisp
- Strength Sap
- Shadow Ball

As this team relies on VoltTurn to maintain momentum and crucially chipping opposing Pokemon into range of Vivillon and Passimian, Drifblim is a rather necessary pick for its reliable Defogging capabilites as well as ability to check many threats through its bulk. Will-O-Wisp ruins physical attackers, such as Mabosstiff and Swords Dance Zoroark, that could otherwise switch in pretty comfortably to cause problems. Strength Sap turns neutral physical attackers in healing fodder and Shadow Ball ensures Drifblim can push damage onto what it needs to. Because of Drifblim's poor Defense and SpDef stats and astronomical HP stat, it benefits more from Defense and Special Defense EVs than it would from HP EVs.

Gabite @ Eviolite
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 232 HP / 36 Atk / 240 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Stone Edge

Thanks to its secondary Dragon typing, Gabite is one of the few Ground-types that is actually not too afraid of Eelektross's coverage options while also having the capability to Tera Ghost in order to blank moves like Passimian Close Combat, Zangoose and Ursaring Facade, and Dudunsparce Boomburst. Stealth Rock is necessary for almost any team and Gabite has the turns to get them up. Dragon Tail deters setup as Gabite isn't the most threatening Pokemon for the likes of Sandaconda and Bulk Up Passimian to set up on. Stone Edge smacks cocky Vivillon thinking that they can take a weaker Dragon Claw and set up. The EVs outspeed positive nature base 80 Speed Pokemon, which includes Medicham and non-Scarf Passimian while also having the advantage of outspeeding Magneton, a common and very potent Electric-type that can be hard to switch into and deal with.

EonX

Battle Soul
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

SV PU Team #1
by EonX

https://pokepast.es/580b2d2d93855e8f

Basculin @ Choice Band
Ability: Adaptability
Jolly Nature
- Wave Crash
- Aqua Jet
- Ice Fang
- Crunch

Basculin is arguably the best wallbreaker in the tier thanks to Adaptability and the high base power of Wave Crash. Aqua Jet serves as a strong revenge killing tool for the Pokemon that outspeed Basculin, such as Raichu, Choice Scarf Lycanroc-Midnight, and Pyroar. Ice Fang targets the likes of Cacturne and Gogoat whom can take a Wave Crash.

Misdreavus @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 124 Def / 136 Spe
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Nasty Plot
- Hex
- Draining Kiss

Misdreavus combines a solid typing with good Eviolite-boosted bulk to become a dangerous sweeper with support capabilities. With the given EVs, Misdreavus outspeeds everything up to and including neutral nature max Speed Lycanroc-Midnight. Because of this, it allows Misdreavus to use Will-O-Wisp before being hit by a potentially Choice Band-boosted Stone Edge. Nasty Plot quickly turns Misdreavus into a terror thanks to Draining Kiss healing. Hex is the chosen Ghost STAB due to Misdreavus's ability to reliably spread burns early on in the game.

Tinkatuff @ Eviolite
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Play Rough
- Encore

Tinkatuff's incredible typing, good special bulk, and access to Encore makes it a relatively reliable choice to handle special attackers that can't exploit its few weaknesses. Knock Off is incredibly potent in a tier full of Eviolite users and Heavy-Duty Boots Pokemon looking to overcome the tier's general lack of hazard removal. Play Rough offers a STAB option to push damage onto the likes of Gabite (after you Tera to remove the Ground weakness) Crabominable, and Cacturne.

Cacturne @ Life Orb
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 36 Atk / 252 SpA / 220 Spe
Naive Nature
- Spikes
- Giga Drain
- Sucker Punch
- Dark Pulse

Cacturne has recently become all the more useful with the drop of Basculin to the tier as its one of few Pokemon that is fully capable of switching into Wave Crash and not fearing the damage it would cause over time. Spikes exploits Misdreavus's spinblocking capabilities and Tinkatuff's Knock Off by forcing damage onto opposing grounded Pokemon. Sucker Punch is necessary priority to threaten weakened targets or outright do heavy damage to frail sweepers, like Haunter and Raichu which can otherwise push through Cacturne easily with Focus Blast. Giga Drain and Dark Pulse hit much of the tier for solid neutral damage and most notably smashes the likes of Quaxwell and Misdreavus.

Gabite @ Eviolite
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 232 HP / 200 Def / 76 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail

With Stealth Rock already being handled by Tinkatuff, this Gabite leans into RestTalk to stay alive for a long time while exploiting the Spikes layed down by Cacturne to quickly rack up damage with Dragon Tail. Earthquake with the given Speed EVs ensures Magneton can't stay in to go for the 2HKO with Flash Cannon as Gabite switches in unless Magneton uses Terastalization. The remaining EVs are placed into HP and Defense to get the most out of Rough Skin's extra passive damage on contact moves.

Lycanroc-Midnight @ Choice Scarf
Ability: No Guard
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- Crunch
- Play Rough

With No Guard, a high Attack stat, and powerful Stone Edge, Lycanroc-Midnight is an amazing late-game cleaner. Close Combat rips apart Perrserker and hits Tinkatuff pretty hard hoping to handle Stone Edges while Crunch can catch Misdreavus with a stronger hit as it comes in. Play Rough is necessary to more easily handle Gabite, the top Ground type in the tier. With Tera Fighting, Close Combat's incredible power can exploit the tier's lack of pure Fairy types outside of Tera.

Yellow Paint

working as intended
is a Top Tutoris a Top Team Rateris a Community Leaderis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
B101 Leader

SV DOU Team 1
By Yellow Paint

https://pokepast.es/1e9ccad6db98a64a

:chi-yu:
Chi-Yu @ Life Orb
Ability: Beads of Ruin
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Heat Wave
- Snarl
- Tera Blast
- Protect

One of the starting members of the team, Chi-Yu is just a really strong attacker that also buffs other special attacking partners using its ability. This set uses Grass Tera Blast to tank Water hits from mons like Bundle and Palafin and kill back, as well as to improve damage output against things like Great Tusk.

:gholdengo:
Gholdengo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Good as Gold
Timid Nature
- Make It Rain
- Shadow Ball
- Power Gem
- Trick

The second starting member, Specs Gholdengo is another strong special attacker that complements Chi-Yu well. It's slower, but has better matchups against the likes of Iron Bundle and Hands. Trick here also helps against various setup mons.

:roaring-moon:
Roaring Moon @ Booster Energy
EVs: 36 HP / 220 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Tailwind
- Acrobatics
- Throat Chop
- Breaking Swipe

Since the first two mons are rather slow, I added Roaring Moon for some speed control. With Speed boosting Booster Energy, Moon can reliably get Tailwind up first to let its partners act immediately. I went for Flying Tera Acrobatics to make it threatening in its own right.

:sylveon:
Sylveon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 220 HP / 252 SpA / 36 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Hyper Beam
- Sleep Talk

Since I was still feeling rather weak to Iron Hands, I added Specs Sylveon as yet another special attacker. You click Hyper Voice about 90% of the time, but there are situations where Hyper Beam and Sleep Talk can come in handy. The speed invest passes base 100s in Tailwind.

Great Tusk @ Assault Vest
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Headlong Rush
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Ice Spinner

Since I already have Flying Tera Moon, I wanted to see if I could pull off EQ Great Tusk here as well. It's an otherwise standard AV Tusk, with Ground Tera to boost EQ power and opting for Ice Spinner as coverage.

:gyarados:
Gyarados @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 208 Def / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Taunt
- Thunder Wave
- Helping Hand

The other levitator for Tusk, Support Gyara does a lot of things to shore up matchups for the rest of the team. It's a solid bulky Water, with Intimidate to help weaken a lot of opposing threats. Taunt blocks general nonsense, Twave is secondary "speed control", and HH makes it less dead weight. No idea what the spread does, I just copied it from somewhere.

Neko

When you live for love, how precious life can be
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributor

SV Monotype Team #1 (Poison)
by Neko

https://pokepast.es/ab116c4f4e4f0833

:iron-moth:
Iron Moth @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Fiery Dance
- Discharge
- Energy Ball

This team is built around Iron Moth, with its team mates doing everything-debilitating the opposing team with entry hazards, wearing down threats that can stand up to it, and removing Dragon-types that resist the coverage I gave the Iron Moth, so that it goes for a sweep late-game. Substitute eases prediction and massively helps in the matchup against Kingambit, while Discharge, Fiery Dance, and Energy Ball makes it a threat against types like Flying and Water.

:glimmora:
Glimmora @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Toxic Debris
Tera Type: Rock
Timid Nature
- Energy Ball
- Power Gem
- Sludge Wave
- Dazzling Gleam

While Iron Moth is a great sweeper against the types I just mentioned, it does nothing in matchups like Fire, Dragon, and Ground. Because of this, I gave Glimmora all the coverage that Iron Moth couldn't fit. Energy Ball decimates Ground teams, Power Gem deals with Skeledirge and OHKOes Chien-Pao, Sludge Wave for Flutter Mane, and Dazzling Gleam for Dark-types like Hydreigon because like, Dark is the best type. Toxic Debris is useful for guaranteeing Toxic Spikes, and Corrosion is useless with this set I gave it anyway.

Toxapex @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Infestation
- Chilling Water
- Toxic Spikes
- Recover

No Poison team is complete without Toxapex, because he's that good, so here he is. Infestation + Chilling Water is a nightmare for most Physical Attackers, allowing it to even solo Defensive Great Tusk, Kingambit, and Gallade. Toxic Spikes takes advantage of forced switches and Recover lets it annoy the opposing team longer.

:amoonguss:
Amoonguss @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Growth
- Giga Drain
- Stomping Tantrum
- Synthesis

Amoonguss is our main Ground switch-in, dealing with Choice Scarf Great Tusk and Baxcalibur. Growth makes it doubly annoying in Ground and Water matchups, allowing it to break through these types after you've PP stalled them. Overall, a great mushroom.

:skuntank:
Skuntank @ Black Sludge
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Crunch
- Poison Jab
- Sucker Punch

Like Toxapex and Amoonguss, Skunktank is indispensable for Poison teams due to its Psychic-type immunity, letting it deal with Hatterene, Flutter Mane, and Espathra. Toxic Spikes lets it take advantage of the fact that it forces out Hatterene and Flutter Mane, letting you have a better matchup against Fairy and Ghost teams. Special Defense is needed for dealing with these threats.

:clodsire:
Clodsire @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 248 HP / 56 Def / 204 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Low Kick
- Earthquake
- Recover

Rounding out the team is Clodsire, a specially defensive wall that deals with nearly all special attackers, including Volcarona, Hydreigon, and non-Psyshock Flutter Mane. Spikes takes advantage of forced switchins, Low Kick deals with the aforementioned Dark-types, while Earthquake deals with the rest. 56 Def lets you tank a Max Supreme Overloard Kowtow Cleave, allowing you to do chip (~55%) damage to Kingambit, a great threat to Poison teams, while Unaware keeps it safe against the special setup horrors I mentioned earlier.

Monotype Team #2 (Water)
by Neko and maroon

https://pokepast.es/acbfc7fabbfb2875

:floatzel:
Floatzel @ Choice Band
Ability: Swift Swim
Adamant Nature
- Wave Crash
- Liquidation
- Aqua Jet
- Ice Spinner

Every team should start with a concept, and the concept for today is beating Water resists up with Floatzel, then beating the opposing team with even more Water-STAB once these walls have been eliminated. As a background, Floatzel is an extremely strong breaker under rain, putting even bulky resists like Amoonguss into 2HKO range. Aqua Jet lets me pick off Flutter Mane, a great threat for this team, while Ice Spinner is for Dragon-types.

:greninja:
Greninja @ Choice Specs
Ability: Protean
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Extrasensory / Spikes
- Ice Beam
- Grass Knot / Spikes

Floatzel can never break Toxapex unfortunately, so we have Greninja, which is able to deal with the walls using Grass Knot and Extrasensory for Gastrodon and Toxapex, respectively. Dark Pulse and Ice Beam eases the Ghost, Psychic, and Dragon matchups, dealing with Brambleghast, Espathra, and Dragonite for the team. I've been thinking about Spikes over Grass Knot or Extrasensory though, as the Pokemon I mentioned earlier can be 2HKO'ed after sufficient entry hazard stacking.

:rotom-wash:
Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 124 HP / 24 Def / 232 SpA / 128 Spe
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Nasty Plot
- Discharge
- Stored Power

Nasty Plot Rotom-W was added to ease matchups like Water and Poison, which are quite annoying as of now. It also forms a special wallbreaking core with Greninja to overload those Special Walls and Water resists like Amoonguss and Toxapex. Stored Power is needed to bust through Pokemon such as Quagsire who are unaware to Rotom-Wash's antics. The given defensive investments lets its Substitute not be broken by Toxapex's moves.

:quaquaval:
Quaquaval @ Heavy-Duty Boots / Metronome
Ability: Moxie
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Aqua Step
- Brick Break
- Taunt / Roost

This is an extremely offensive team so we must have another breaker. Swords Dance and Aqua Step is extremely threatening for types that take too long to check it. Brick Break destroys dual screens which hampers Floatzel's ability to go brr and also smashes Dark-types, notably Kingambit. Taunt lets you bully passive walls like Toxapex and helps it breaks through Unaware Pokemon alongside Metronome, but I've found that Roost + Heavy-Duty Boots works better against entry hazard stacking types like Dark. Please tell me which set would be better so that I can commit to it!

:pelipper:
Pelipper @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Def / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Knock Off
- Roost
- U-turn

Pelipper sets rain for Floatzel. Speed lets it outspeed and OHKO Adamant Breloom.

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
EVs: 248 HP / 124 Def / 136 SpD
Impish Nature
- Poison Jab
- Toxic Spikes
- Recover
- Haze

Since there's only one slot remaining, I had to customize Toxapex so that it can take a beating on both sides of the spectrum. Specifically, this Toxapex is never 2HKO'ed by Choice Spec's Flutter Mane's Shadow Ball or Choice Scarf Thunderbolt from the same Pokemon and is also not 2HKO'ed by Choice Band Meowscarada's Flower Trick. Poison Jab lets it deal with Hatterene and spread Poison, Toxic Spikes helps lots in the Dark and Fairy matchup, and Haze prevents it from being setup fodder.

UT

Old habits die SCREAMING
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Appeals + C&C Lead

SV OM Team #1 (AAA)
by UT

https://pokepast.es/dc5b5472d8ae88c3

Talonflame @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Bulk Up
- Flare Blitz

Magic Guard + Life Orb Talonflame is the star of this team. It has deceptively high power, and Bulk Up lets it do really stupid stuff like setup on Garganacl and Well-Baked Body Corviknight. It's usually the wincon, as it outspeeds almost everything except Scarfers and Chien-Pao, has amazing coverage, and a great mix of power, longevity, and setup. Its ability to force out other offensive mons like Iron Moth and Gengar is invaluable, especially since it comes with opportunities to aggressively use Bulk Up.

:cinderace:
Cinderace @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Desolate Land
Jolly Nature
- Pyro Ball
- High Jump Kick
- Court Change
- Swords Dance

While Talonflame has good breaking potential, it lacks the top-end power of a classic wallbreaker, which is where Cinderace comes in. +2 Desolate Land Pyro Ball takes lives, especially since High Jump Kick does good damage into most of the Fire-immune Pokemon in the tier. Its Water immunity is also invaluable, as it takes pressure off the defensive core to regularly handle Barraskewda and Greninja. Since this team really does not enjoy entry hazards and removal can sometimes be hard, Court Change is a nice option to flip the tables on opposing hazard stack.

:kilowattrel:
Kilowattrel @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Primordial Sea
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Weather Ball
- Volt Switch
- Roost

The last member of the offensive core, Kilowattrel has great role compression. Its Fire-immunity takes some pressure off the defensive core, especially against opposing Talonflame and Cinderace, while it can also use Volt Switch to bring in the physical attackers. Weather Ball discourages Ground-types from blocking Volt Switch, and Heavy-Duty Boots + Roost give it great staying potential. It can be a little weak at times with no boosting move or item, but it's great coverage + pivoting is enough to still pull weight.

:corviknight:
Corviknight @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Roost
- Defog

Corviknight is basically the standard catch-all defensive utility pivot. Intimidate + great typing + good bulk lets it switch into most physical offensive threats; it struggles with Fire- and Water-types, but Cinderace and Kilowattrel help take pressure off there. It provides slow pivoting to get the offensive guys back in, and is a fairly reliable hazard remover as well. Rocky Helmet helps against opposing pivots like Meowscarda while also at least annoying Dragonite.

Garganacl @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
Careful Nature
- Salt Cure
- Recover
- Protect
- Stealth Rock

Garganacl is a great specially defensive wall and master of chip damage. Salt Cure + Sand Stream + Stealth Rock + Protect accumulates an insane amount of damage against non-Magic Guard foes, while its sand-boosted bulk is formidable. It loses hard against Magic Guard and can risk getting pivot cycled, but even then it can still provide chip through rocks + sand.

Roaring Moon @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Iron Head

RegenScarf Roaring Moon is an important source of speed control and valuable member of the defensive core. It can switch into several threats that trouble the defensive core like Greninja and Sandy Shocks and force them out, while also outspeeding all relevant non-boosted foes. U-turn brings in the appropriate attacker, while Earthquake chunks Iron Moth and Iron Head can at least tickle opposing Fairy-types. With Regenerator and U-turn, it does a fantastic job at keeping itself healthy.

SV OM Team #2 (AAA)
by Isaiah

https://pokepast.es/b64603fca318a9b3

:Tatsugiri:
Tatsugiri @ Life Orb
Ability: Beads of Ruin
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Hydro Pump
- Nasty Plot
- Rapid Spin

My inspiration for this team was wanting to use offensive Tatsugiri. Water-type answers like Toxapex, Dondozo, and Desolate Land Cinderace aren't very well equipped to take Draco Meteor + Hydro Pump (especially boosted by Life Orb + Beads of Ruin), and there generally aren't any resists to Tatsugiri's STAb coverage, either. Nasty Plot + Rapid Spin is essentially a double dance of sorts that also happens to come with the utility of removing entry hazards for the team if need be. Since I knew I'd inevitably end up with an offensively inclined team, longevity wasn't a concern.

:Masquerain:
Masquerain @ Focus Sash
Ability: Motor Drive
Timid Nature
- Sticky Web
- Quiver Dance
- Hurricane
- Hydro Pump

I concluded that Sticky Web is the best support for Tatsugiri's not-so-great initial Speed. Motor Drive prevents Electric-types--most notably Sandy Shocks [and Kilowattrel] from getting any free momentum in the lead matchup, and QD + Hurricane and Hydro Pump generally has a positive matchup into entry hazard removal (Corviknight, Quaquaval, Iron Treads, etc.).

:Iron Moth:
Iron Moth @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Discharge
- Energy Ball
- Dazzling Gleam

Iron Moth was added with the basic intention of having a special attacking wallbreaker that's also not extremely fast but has indisputable power. This also has the benefit of helping against Triage Draining Kiss from Hatterene, which would otherwise be a nuisance. You'll see a theme with Iron Moth and most of the remaining Pokemon: Prevent Corviknight from defogging for free at all costs.

:Gyarados:
Gyarados @ Leftovers
Ability: Fluffy
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Taunt
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance
Gyarados gives the team a bulky setup sweeper and specifically has Taunt to deter Corviknight's Defog, opposing setup, and any detrimental status. Fluffy makes it tanky enough to set up on Corviknight extremely easily, but also has utility like checking Kingambit, Triage Hariyama, and Aerilate Dragonite, two very scary priority users for my special atackers.

:Lucario:
Lucario (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Close Combat
- Steel Beam
- Focus Blast

Lucario boasts some extremely powerful moves and also gives the team its first priority attacker. Non-Magic Guard Steel Beam lets me sack Lucario to heavily dent a foe (notably Corviknight on the switch) and keep up offensive momentum without resorting to a pivoting move. Having such immediate power on a physical attacker also prevents the team from failing to break Unaware Blissey, which is a stall staple.

:Kingambit:
Kingambit @ Life Orb
Ability: Sword of Ruin
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Kowtow Cleave
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

Frankly, this team only has a Kingambit because Focus Sash Polteageist has the potential to be extremely problematic after a Shell Smash Sweep. Sucker Punch also gives this team a backup priority user to clean up any remaining threats in a battle, which I can use as a gameplan if need be. +2 Kowtow Cleave also still has a great chance to OHKO non-Fluffy/Intimidate Corviknight, so I'll take it.

SV OM Team #3 (Godly Gift)
by UT

https://pokepast.es/ba3a6f5b933682ae

:rotom-wash:
Rotom-Wash @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Trick

Rotom-Wash makes a great HP receiver and soft Koraidon check. Will-O-Wisp + Trick allow it to annoy most physical attackers and walls, while Volt Switch provides pivoting to the team and Hydro Pump is raw power. Tera Fairy helps check Koraidon, especially allowing for a safe Wisp against a set-up Koraidon.

:miraidon:
Miraidon @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Electro Drift
- Draco Meteor
- Calm Mind
- Overheat

Miraidon's job is to break for the rest of the team. +1 Life Orb Draco Meteor or Electro Drift will put holes in just about anything, with Overheat also denting those annoying Iron Treads that think they're safe. It usually should not Tera, but Electric can provide a little more oomph late-game if it's not needed elsewhere. This set is more of a lure and wallbreaker, looking to weaken the other team early game for something else to win late-game.

Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fire Blast
- Giga Drain
- Psychic

The matchup moth is a great addition to any offensive team. +1 Fire Blast punches wholes, but can be dropped for Fiery Dance for a little more consistency. Giga Drain is its best move into Garg and provides a little recovery, while Psychic lures and dispatches any Toxapex that thinks it can Haze; this is especially useful to help Kingambit sweep. Flame Body is also a great tool to randomly weaken revenge killers for something else.

:dragapult:
Dragapult @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- U-turn

Dragapult has a godly Speed tier, getting the jump on Miraidon, Koraidon, and their receivers. Shadow Ball as always has amazing neutral coverage and tremendous power when boosted by Choice Specs, Miraidon's Special Attack, and often Tera Ghost. It can also pivot out of unfavorable matchups and carries nuclear options in Draco Meteor and Fire Blast, but really, this is a Shadow Ball spammer.

:iron-treads:
Iron Treads @ Assault Vest
Sassy Nature
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Volt Switch

This team needs some utility and a Miraidon check, so Iron Treads is the natural option. It resists both of Miraidon's STAB attacks, provides entry hazard removal, item removal, and slow pivoting. It is truly the jack of all trades, but admittedly gets worn down faster than I would like...

Kingambit @ Black Glasses
Jolly Nature
- Kowtow Cleave
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance

Kingambit with 135 Speed is a terror to behold. Kowtow Cleave + Iron Head have great coverage together, especially since the rest of the team can lure potential checks like Toxapex. Swords Dance provides tremendous power and synergizes well with Tera Flying, turning the tables on an opposing Ground-type like Ting-Lu or Garchomp. Sucker Punch is still nice to have, even on a fast mon, to prevent Choice Scarf users and opposing Speed receivers from cutting a sweep short.​

ChrisPBacon

idola deus
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis the defending SM Circuit Champion

SV National Dex Team #1
by ChrisPBacon

https://pokepast.es/a42935a6321a64e9

:tapu-lele:
Tapu Lele @ Choice Specs
Ability: Psychic Surge
Tera Type: Psychic
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Psyshock

I wanted to start this team off with Specs Tapu Lele. Although a flawed Pokemon, its ceiling against bulkiter teams is ridiculous, tearing past common defensive cores involving Pokemon like Toxapex, Garganacl and a bulky physical wall to shreds. Focus Blast provides coverage vs all the common steels like Ferrothorn, Heatran, and Mega Scizor. Tera Psychic amplifies the power of Psychic to turn it into an OHKO machine, even being able to bypass bulky steel types with sheer power.

:diancie-mega:
Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
Tera Type: Rock
Hasty Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power
- Mystical Fire
- Moonblast

Supporting Tapu Lele is Mega Diancie, another incredibly powerful wallbreaker whose coverage allows it to force multiple switches, and thus incur chip damage on a wide array of opponents. Its solid speed tier also allows it to check Pokemon like Mega Charizard Y in a pinch. Earth Power and Mystical Fire maximise my coverage against as many Pokemon as possible, such as Mega Scizor, Gholdengo, and Heatran.

:iron valiant:
Iron Valiant @ Choice Scarf
Naive Nature
- Moonblast
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Trick

My team consisted of two incredibly threatening breakers, but no cleaners to take advantage of them. Enter scarf valiant. While its moonblasts don't hit nearly as hard as my aforementioned two Pokemon, they should also be able to bully the opponent's defensive core to a point where valiant has easy pickings in the endgame. Close Combat allows me to still take advantage of my useful secondary STAB, while Knock Off and Trick are always useful against bulkier teams where the Speed isn't as important.

:landorus-therian:
Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Explosion

While this was an offense team, it still needed some sort of defensive core. As such, I knew that my last three Pokemon needed to be somewhat defensively inclined. Defensive Landorus-T is one of the most compressible Pokemon, checking dangerous Fighting-types like Mega Lopunny and Zamazenta, setting up hazards, and providing utility with U-turn. Explosion provides a useful last-ditch attempt at removing annoying Pokemon like Mega Lopunny and Tornadus-T, especially when Landorus gets chipped down.

:ferrothorn:
Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Knock Off
- Gyro Ball

Rounding off my defensive core is another multitalented Pokemon: Ferrothorn. Its excellent typing provides a water, psychic, and fairy resistance, allowing me to stave off rain and opposing psychic/fairy spam temporarily, letting my own wallbreakers wreak havoc. It also provides more hazards, chipping down grounded steels even further. Knock Off cripples common defensive Pokemon like Toxapex while Gyro Ball hits Tornadus-T harder. Tera Ghost allows me to sponge Fighting-Type attacks in a pinch.

Kingambit @ Black Glasses
Ability: Supreme Overlord
EVs: 116 HP / 252 Atk / 140 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

There was no dragapult check. Now there is. Kingambit's ability to not only remove dragapult, but also Gholdengo, whose typing and strong STABs can prove difficult to answer, is a crucial asset to this team. Tera Dark boosts the power of Kingambit's STAB in order to provide that extra punch if necessary.

SV National Dex Team #2
by hidin

https://pokepast.es/65f0e921f766538a

:zapdos:
Zapdos @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Static
EVs: 40 HP / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hurricane
- Volt Switch
- Roost

Flyinium Z Zapdos is what this team was built around; it's a very threatening wallbreaker that eliminates Pokemon that would otherwise sit on it such as Landorus-T, Gliscor, Gastrodon, and Ferrothorn. It also pivots on Garganacl and Blissey with Volt Switch, allowing its teammates like Mega Medicham and Kingambit to pressure them. It also has nice defensive utility against Kartana and Annihilape, removing two Pokemon who would be difficult to deal with otherwise.

:medicham-mega:
Medicham-Mega @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch
- Trailblaze

Mega Medicham also possesses a very threatening offensive presence, taking advantage of the aforementioned checks to Zapdos while also serving as a threatening snowballer with Trailblaze, letting it remove would-be revenge killers such as Mega Lopunny, Dragapult, and Tapu Koko. Mega Medicham also makes Pokemon such as Ting-Lu and Heatran to Tera into Water and Grass respectively, allowing Zapdos to take advantage of the two.

Kingambit @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 116 HP / 252 Atk / 140 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

Since the teams Dragapult matchup wasn't looking good, Kingambit is here to deter Dragapult and threaten other Pokemon that would usually give Mega Medicham a hard time, like Gholdengo and Hatterene. Defiant is here to not let hazard control options such as Tornadus-T and Rotom-W safely Defog against this team, while also having niche interactions when receiving a drop from Shadow Ball from the likes of Dragapult and Gholdengo. Heavy-Duty Boots lets Kingambit not be crippled by Spikes and let it safely check Dragapult. Tera Fire gives Kingambit a Will-O-Wisp immunity from Skeledirge and Rotom-W, while also letting it safely dent Pokemon like Volcarona and Mega Charizard Y.

:tapu-lele:
Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Psychic Surge
Tera Type: Psychic
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Tapu Lele is our revenge killer, removing Pokemon like Mega Lopunny and Dragonite while also neutering priority for Mega Medicham to safely sweep and boosting its Zen Headbutt as a plus. Hidden Power Fire is used to neuter would-be switch ins like Mega Scizor and can decently chip Gholdengo.

:ferrothorn:
Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 208 Def / 48 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock

Ferrothorn gives us a safer rain matchup while also patching up holes for the team. Gyro Ball is used to 2HKO Tornadus-T, who would otherwise come in and Heat Wave freely.

:landorus-therian:
Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 248 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Toxic
- Defog

Landorus-T gives us a better Mega Lopunny and Zamazenta matchup, while also providing general utility with Defog and U-turn.

SV National Dex Team #3
by ChrisPBacon

https://pokepast.es/f0a1d726eb0aa118
:cresselia:
Cresselia @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Stored Power
- Moonblast
- Moonlight

I built this team around Cresselia. Although a rather difficult Pokemon to consistently pull off, its positive matchups can be incredible. With Calm Mind, Moonlight, Tera Poison to remove Toxic, and naturally phenomenal Physical bulk, it can easily create lights-out matchups against offense. Stored Power allows Cresselia to post a tangible threat, while Moonblast covers dark-types like Kingambit, Weavile, and Mega Tyranitar.

:garganacl:
Garganacl @ Leftovers
Ability: Purifying Salt
Careful Nature
- Block
- Salt Cure
- Recover
- Protect

One of Cresselia's weaknesses is its rather subpar fat matchup, as it can be hazed by Toxapex and whittled down by burns and Knock Off. To fix this is Garganacl, running a unique Block set to trap the aforementioned Toxapex as well as other passive Pokemon like Clodsire. Protect gives Garganacl extra passive recovery, both to more easily trap these Pokemon and also pivot around Pokemon like Mega Charizard Y better. Tera Water allows Garganacl to cover Gholdengo and rain more consistently.

Toxapex @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 248 HP / 212 Def / 48 SpD
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Scald
- Toxic
- Haze

As I'm planning for a defensive team, Toxapex was a mandated addition, as its access to Regenerator and typing lets my team pivot around offensive threats like Mega Lopunny, Mega Charizard Y, and Iron Valiant. The given EVs allow Toxapex to survive 2 Scorching Sands from Charizard, while Tera Fairy allows it to sponge Draco Meteors from Walking Wake and Dragapult.

:tornadus-therian:
Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Flyinium Z
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Knock Off
- Nasty Plot
- Hurricane
- Focus Blast

Tornadus-T functions as this team's speed control, useful in revenge-killing offensive threats like Urshifu-R and Mega Medicham. It also doubles as an excellent wincon in its own right with Nasty Plot, breaking through defensive and offensive teams alike. Knock Off allows Tornadus-T to cripple Pokemon like Gholdengo and Clodsire, removing their Heavy-Duty Boots so they can be worn down by the hazard setters listed next.

:clodsire:
Clodsire @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Recover
- Stealth Rock

Clodsire acts as this teams special wall and stealth rocker, checking terrifying special boosting threats like Volcarona and Manaphy. Stealth Rock is here because I have Spikes on a different Pokemon, making it unnecessary on Clodsire. Toxic cripples common switchins to Clodsire like Tornadus-T and Landorus-T. Tera Dark gives it an immunity to Stored Power against threats like Latios and Mew.

:skarmory:
Skarmory @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Sturdy
Tera Type: Dragon
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Iron Defense
- Body Press
- Spikes
- Roost

Last is Skarmory, used for the main purpose of countering Kingambit with a combination of Iron Defense to neutralise its boosts, and Body Press to threaten it out. It also acts as a spikes setter to enable my hazard-reliant progress makers in Garganacl and Tornadus. Tera Dragon gives Skarmory a Water and Fire resistance, letting it check rain and victini in a pinch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)