Tournaments RBY NU Open I (Won by Serpi)

Status
Not open for further replies.
fwiw i think coinflipping my game would be more appropriate. original scheduled time didnt work, in a way that was symmetrical, neither of us really made an effort to reschedule even if i was the last one to respond in our communication.
a coinflip is what i was expecting, anyway. Haail
Going off of what I saw on your wall, I'd give you the activity win. Unless Haail posted Discord logs you were the one who made most of the contact. That's why it was awarded to you. I'm going to stand by my decision unless a TD says otherwise (I'm going to send this to Phoopes just to double check).

Edit: in the meantime the next round will go up.

phoopes

I did it again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Going off of what I saw on your wall, I'd give you the activity win. Unless Haail posted Discord logs you were the one who made most of the contact. That's why it was awarded to you. I'm going to stand by my decision unless a TD says otherwise (I'm going to send this to Phoopes just to double check).

Edit: in the meantime the next round will go up.
I also would've given act to juoean in this scenario so it'll stand

phoopes

I did it again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hi all, quick announcement here.

Due to an error, up until now APT Clause was mistakenly carried over from UU to NU on the sim, meaning that stuff like Agility + Fire Spin Moltres (just one example) was mistakenly marked as banned. This problem has now been fixed so the tier should be able to be played as intended. I apologize for the inconvenience/confusion that this may have caused.

Going to tag everyone still in so you all see it:

Serpi

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a defending SPL Champion
Calling act for the millionth time sorry guys, given win on wall
Sorry to butt in and cause problems like this but I randomly looked and it seems like actually you missed the time, not your opponent. You guys scheduled for 10pm gmt+0 as seen on your wall, which is midnight my time and VTMagno showed up around that time. I guess you were actually gmt+2 yourself and didn't know, either way I decided to post about it especially as this misunderstanding might cause more timezone confusion for the both of you in the future. Up to the host how to handle this ig lol phoopes

Sorry to butt in and cause problems like this but I randomly looked and it seems like actually you missed the time, not your opponent. You guys scheduled for 10pm gmt+0 as seen on your wall, which is midnight my time and VTMagno showed up around that time. I guess you were actually gmt+2 yourself and didn't know, either way I decided to post about it especially as this misunderstanding might cause more timezone confusion for the both of you in the future. Up to the host how to handle this ig lol phoopes

I definitely showed up at 10pm gmt 0 because I’m gmt -6 rn and this is what I see
2F81E7F8-C09B-49E9-BC0E-30160A5A5CCC.png

idk lol for reference to my timezone
024D7B33-DD72-4E16-8D4E-47EEF96A91E8.png

phoopes

I did it again
After consulting with a TD, the decision for Julian claiming act is upheld. It seems there was confusion on both sides for what the actual time was/who missed it, and VTMagno volunteered the win, so Julian will keep the activity win.

julian113 VTMagno

(Also New York is GMT-4, not GMT-6)

Serpi

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a defending SPL Champion
yeah and bologna is gmt+2. VTMagno did nothing wrong except not being confident enough with timezone stuff ig, so that's why this decision doesn't sit well with me tbh, but I'll leave it at that

Yea thats on me then guess i should've researched my timezones more, just went with whatever showed up on my phone. I'll continue if the decision stands ig but sorry for the confusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)