RBY RBY OU Global Championship 2018: Round 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lutra

Spreadsheeter by day, Random Ladderer by night.
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
⏮ 2017 | Sponsored by Lutra

Signups | Round 1 | Round 2 | Round 3 | Round 4 | Round 5 | Semi-finals | Finals

Introduction

RBY OU Global Championship is a standard RBY OU Tournament with a goal to find the best RBY OU player of the year. Previous winners are Tiba , Prague Kick and Peasounay.

Each round will consist of 2 stages. The first stage each player will be given 2 sets of pairings in which they play a first-to-2-wins (best of 3 excluding ties) vs their opponent. After the first stage is completed and the host has determined wins, players who win both their matches go through to the next round, while players who lost twice are eliminated. The players who won 1, lost 1, battle it out in a tiebreaker FT2W in stage 2 to join the two-time winners in the next round or the player wins the tournament in the case of a final.

The prize returns: a $50 (or equivalent) amazon gift card will be given out to the winner of the entire tournament!​

RBY OverUsed Format

Banned Moves
Dig, Double Team, Fissure, Fly, Guillotine, Horn Drill, Minimize (Dig/Fly Glitch Prevention + Evasion + OHKO moves)

Banned Pokémon
Mew, Mewtwo

Clauses
Freeze Clause, Sleep Clause, Species Clause.

Tournament Format : pseudo-double elimination (192 man)

Round 1: Stage 1 - 2 sets of 32 FT2W matches (192 unseeded players, subs period) & Stage 2
Round 2: Stage 1 - 2 sets of 16 first-to-2-wins matches (96 unseeded players) & Stage 2
Round 3: Stage 1 - 2 sets of 8 first-to-2-wins matches (48 unseeded players) & Stage 2
Round 4: Stage 1 - 2 sets of 4 first-to-2-wins matches (24 unseeded players) & Stage 2
Round 5: Stage 1 - 2 sets of 2 first-to-2-wins matches (12 unseeded players) & Stage 2
Semi-finals: Stage 1 - 2 sets of 2 first-to-2-wins matches (6 unseeded players) & Stage 2
Finals: Stage 1 - Round robin of 3 first-to-2-wins matches (3 unseeded players) - round robin repeated until decisive winner.
Stage 1 End: Players with 2 match wins go through, and those with 2 losses are eliminated.
Stage 2: Players with a 1-1 record play each other in a FT2W match to see who progresses.

Tie Rules

If a battle ends by a Self-KO move (Explosion / Self-Destruct), a tie is declared.
Battle ties do not progress either player towards winning the match.

Arrange location: Profile posts on the Smogon Forums.
Battle location: Pokémon Showdown! Smogon Server

Play against both opponents (Sets 1 & 2) first-to-2-wins (bo3 wins) and report the score you won or lost by (2-x) after completing each match.

Deadlines

Stage 1 deadline: March 20th 06:00AM EST / 12:00 PM CET

⏬

Last edited:

Lutra

Spreadsheeter by day, Random Ladderer by night.
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Last edited:

Lavos

Banned deucer.
Ok, I tried scheduling with SadisticNarwhal, he said he could play after 5:30 EST today but I've been here for the last hour and he's nowhere to be found. I have shit to do, so I'm not waiting longer than an hour, but I'd like to take the activity win.

Lavos

Banned deucer.
lost 2-0 vs tropicalteo, apparently he has a big following in the italian RBY scene, by which I mean a bunch of retards from italy room came to spam my private messages and write nasty shit in the chat during our series. hope we can have a couple clean games someday man!
Turn 1
Battle timer is ON: inactive players will automatically lose when time's up. (requested by Lavos)
prepotenza joined.

The opposing Alakazam used Thunder Wave!
Alakazam is paralyzed! It may be unable to move!

Alakazam is paralyzed! It can't move!
Turn 2
Pima joined.
Laroxyl joined.

The opposing Alakazam used Seismic Toss!
Alakazam lost 31.9% of its health!

Turn 3

Turn 4
Averardo joined.
ALLALA joined.

.5 * .25 * .25 * .25 * .25 = 0.1953125% = ~1/500

Amaranth

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
UPL Champion
i mean... sure? got below average luck, didn't bother thinking up a plan to face a gimmick i knew was coming. it's sad because i could've prevented this but my fast clicking habits paired up with rng got the best of me. they were not good games no matter how you spin it.

add that to the fact that my set vs beds wasn't exactly clean either and you can see why i'm disappointed overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)