Tournaments RBY "Triple Threat" Swiss Tournament (OU/Stadium/Tradebacks) (won by phoopes)

Status
Not open for further replies.

phoopes

I did it again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
RBY Triple Threat Tournament
:Chansey: :Snorlax: :Tauros:

Hello RBY enthusiasts! As a way to give everyone more chances to compete as well as drum up some interest in some lesser-played RBY tiers, the RBY forum has decided to host a "Triple Threat" Swiss tournament! This won't count for any circuit points or anything like that, but it should be a lot of fun anyway.

For those of you wondering what Triple Threat entails, it's a best-of-three series where standard RBY OU, Stadium OU, and Tradebacks OU are played. It's a fun way to get to show off your stuff standard OU, as well as explore the lesser-played Stadium OU and Tradebacks OU. That's just a brief overview though. Please read the following:

Tournament Rules:
  • Matches will be best-of-three in every round (defined as the first player to win two games, i.e. ties are not counted)
  • All tournament games must be played on Pokemon Showdown!, and all replays of all tournament games must be posted
  • The first match will always be played in the [Gen 1] OU format
  • The second match will be in either the [Gen 1] Stadium OU format or the [Gen 1] Tradebacks OU format, as chosen by the loser of the first match
  • The third match (if necessary) will be in the format that has not been played yet (i.e. if the second match is Stadium OU, then the third match will be Tradebacks OU and vice versa)
  • In the event of a tie, the match will be replayed in the same tier (i.e. if the players are playing Stadium OU and the match ends in a tie, the next match in the series will be in Stadium OU again)
  • This tournament will be Swiss style, meaning each participant will play a set number of games as determined by the number of signups
  • If there are players tied for first after all matches are complete, we will proceed to a playoffs elimination round
  • Each round will last at most one week
  • All standard Smogon tournament rules apply, and can be found here
Important Information:
  • Differences for standard RBY OU can be found here, and clauses/banlist can be found here
  • Differences for Stadium OU can be found here, and clauses/banlist can be found here
  • Differences for Tradebacks OU can be found here, and clauses/banlist can be found here
  • Standard RBY OU sample teams can be found here. Stadium OU sample teams can be found here. Tradebacks OU sample teams can be found here
  • Additional resources for standard RBY OU can be found here. Additional resources for Stadium OU can be found here. Additional resources for Tradebacks OU can be found here
Post "in" to sign up. Signups will be open for one week, until April 24th, 2022, at 11:59 PM GMT -4

Screenshot_20220501-222829.png

Never got any response from my round 1 opponent. This is my first tournament so I'm not 100 sure on proper procedure here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)