Tournaments RBYPL IV - Finals [Won by Glacial Articunos]

Hiro'

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributor
RoA Leader
  • Schedule via Smogon VMs. It's easier for us to make decisions for activity calls when we can actually see what went down with scheduling.
  • If you are unable to schedule with your opponent, please let your managers know ASAP so they can communicate that to us or the other team's managers for a potential substitute.
  • When making a substitution, please tag myself, the managers of the opposing team, and all of the players affected by the substitute to ensure that everyone is made aware. Players who have already played in the week or were subbed out in the same week cannot be subbed back in.
  • If a match remains incomplete by the time of the deadline, it will be subject to an activity call.
  • Replays are mandatory. Not only are they useful for confirming wins, they contribute to usage stats and allow the people who couldn't watch the games live to watch them later.
  • To managers: Please send us your lineups in the same format that we used to post pairings. It makes it much easier to post future rounds more quickly.
  • All slots are Bo3 by default, barring the first RBY OU slot that is Bo5 and Random Battles which is also Bo5.

:articuno: Glacial Articunos (5) vs (5) Viridian Victreebels :victreebel:
OU Bo5: nicole7735 vs SaDiSTiCNarwhal
OU: Isza vs RaiZen1704
OU: Frrf vs Kenix
OU: shiloh vs snaga
OU: Tuthur vs oakdeon
Ubers: Sabelette vs King Billu
UU: Tree69420 vs Inder
NU: Mashing vs Khaetis
PU: TehTayTeh vs BeatsBlack
Random Battles Bo5: Lady Writer vs BigFatMantis

Tiebreak

:articuno: Glacial Articunos (2) vs (1) Viridian Victreebels :victreebel:
OU: Isza vs Kenix
Random Battles Bo5: Lady Writer vs snaga

Glacial Articunos (0) vs (0) Viridian Victreebels
OU: nicole7735 vs SaDiSTiCNarwhal
Rands: Lady Writer vs BigFatMantis
Glacial Articunos (0) vs (0) Viridian Victreebels
OU: Isza vs Kenix
Rands: Lady Writer vs snaga

Deadline for this round is Sunday, December 3rd at 11:59 PM GMT-5.

Last edited:

Teh

the saint
is a Pre-Contributor
Glacial Articunos (10) vs (0) Viridian Victreebels

simple as

Quarante8

RoAPL Champion
Glacial Articunos (4) vs (6) Viridian Victreebels

Keen finals, gl to both teams :D

Amaranth

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Glacial Articunos (4) vs (6) Viridian Victreebels

but probably one of the OUs swings the other way and it's 5-5 into tiebreak, which would be interesting - i'd give it to kenix+khaetis against almost anyone but khaetis might be better served stepping out of NU against nicole+sab. depends on lineups decisions i suppose.

royzin

I COULD BE BANNED!
Glacial Articunos (5) vs (5) Viridian Victreebels
OU: nicole7735 vs SaDiSTiCNarwhal : Narwhal better
OU: Isza vs RaiZen1704 : Very close matchup here hard to decide.
OU: Frrf vs Kenix : Kenix has an edge I think
OU: shiloh vs snaga : Idk these ppl just picking the higher record
OU: Tuthur vs oakdeon : Another coin flip matchup I feel like picking turthur.
Ubers: Sabelette vs King Billu : Sabel has better lines in this tier.
UU: Tree69420 vs Inder : Tree has more experience I suppose, and I didn’t really like Inder’s teams.
NU: Mashing vs Khaetis : Mashing never played this tier in any tour from what I’ve seen so.
PU: TehTayTeh vs BeatsBlack : Teh has better lines probably and Black was using some bad mons.
Rands: Lady Writer vs BigFatMantis : Lady has more experience but the level balancing has messed up this meta so who knows anything can happen.

First time posting predicts, but finals is too juicy to ignore. Tiebreaker will be exciting.

Glacial Articunos (5) vs (5) Viridian Victreebels
OU: nicole7735 vs SaDiSTiCNarwhal - I have high opinions of nicole's play, and she's capable of taking big swings at the big dogs. But Narwhal with the finals on the line has got to be bringing his best, and he has much more experience at the top over the years (if he can avoid malding).
OU: Isza vs RaiZen1704 - Fun one, will be the highlight for me. Both are good players with different weaknesses. RaiZen is a bit cleaner, but a bit more exploitable, and with the scouting and support cuno's have been showing, I'm giving the edge to Isza.
OU: Frrf vs Kenix - Bit of a wild card. Similar to the last one, but Kenix is harder to exploit from my eyes, and Frrf's quality seems variable. However, Frrf is still one of the best players in this list of 20, and Kenix often puts himself in situations where rng will decide the game, so this could really go either way.
OU: shiloh vs snaga - I don't know either players style well so I'm going off stats. Shiloh has had a rough PL and snaga is 4-0.
OU: Tuthur vs oakdeon - A very tough one. Normally, I'd give the edge to oak. But, Tuthur has been working with new stuff and showing higher quality over the weeks, likely responding very well to the cuno's coaching. Further, Tuthur did beat oak in wk 6/7 (one of the two, don't remember). However, when oak's back is against the wall, they seem to come through. Wild Card.
Ubers: Sabelette vs King Billu - Can't imagine she doesn't put everything in mons this week.
UU: Tree69420 vs Inder - Sorry Inder, I don't know you, but I bet you're a wonderful person.
NU: Mashing vs Khaetis - I don't understand NU, but I really don't understand how one could predict against Khaetis right now.
PU: TehTayTeh vs BeatsBlack - Teh is out for blood this week. I imagine the arrogance has settled and now it's just a game to focus on and win. Should be a fun one.
Rands: Lady Writer vs BigFatMantis - act.

Tiebreaker will be 2x OU & 1x Ubers with mostly expected slotting. Some combination of Nicole/Isza/Frrf in OU & Sab at Ubers. Vics will put Narwhal & Kenix at OU, and either Billu or Khaetis at Ubers. I'll take my likes when this post is 100% accurate, otherwise only angry reacts.

Rooting for act wins, may the best fisher win.

Glacial Articunos (0) vs (10) Viridian Victreebels
Maybe they can fish any win but unlikely

Glacial Articunos (6) vs (4) Viridian Victreebels
OU: nicole7735 vs SaDiSTiCNarwhal - I think Nicole is good but Narwhal is better.
OU: Isza vs RaiZen1704 - I cant speak to Iszas skill but Raizens like, good and stuff.
OU: Frrf vs Kenix - have to give it to infamous rfn god.
OU: shiloh vs snaga - what the fuck is a snaga?
OU: Tuther vs oakdeon - Oakdeon has more experience than Tuther but he plays very robotically, so I give the man who can read the room the edge.
Ubers: Sabelette vs King Billu - If Sabel doesnt click like she did vs Eledyr she cleans.
UU: Treee69420 vs Inder - Inder who?
NU: Mashing vs Khaetis - I dont think Mashing has any NU experience so I think Khaetis cleans house.
PU: TehTayTeh vs BeatsBlack - Maybe this would be closer if Beats didnt bring shitmons.
Rands: Lady Writer vs BigFatMantis - I dont know how skilled BFM is at RBY Rands so I give the edge to LW.

If BFM is actually like, really good, this could come down to a tiebreaker and stuff, which would be like, cool.

Glacial Articunos (6) vs (4) Viridian Victreebels
OU: nicole7735 vs SaDiSTiCNarwhal - Narwhal has been popping off all tour against anyone not named Serpi
OU: Isza vs RaiZen1704 - Closest OU series of the week imo I give the slight edge to Isza
OU: Frrf vs Kenix - Kenix record doesn't do justice to his skill, one of the best OUers in the field
OU: shiloh vs snaga - Current form suggests Snaga but Shiloh still has a big experience and higher ceiling advantage
OU: Tuthur vs oakdeon - Backing Oak in this all French affair
Ubers: Sabelette vs King Billu - Both had great runs in Ubers, Sabel is better tho
UU: Tree69420 vs Inder - Idk much about Inder in RBY whereas Tree is very well versed in the tier
NU: Mashing vs Khaetis - I was very impressed by Khaetis in his two series with Roy; just a great player
PU: TehTayTeh vs BeatsBlack - About 50/50 on tier skill. Might depend on how much heat Beats brings. Good plays but loses in the builder sometimes. Teh is more consistent so a safer bet
Rands: Lady Writer vs BigFatMantis - BFM is solid if unspectacular, whereas LW is one of the best rands players around rn

Both teams would be deserving winners. I'm leaning towards rooting for the Vics because the turnaround from 0-2 would cap a great story and I love the underdog. However my head says the Cunos will just about edge it, as they did in the regular season, and I'd be extremely happy for LW to win PL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)