[READ ME] Tips for Simple Hack Checks

Yes he met/hatch date (barring a few circumstances) aren't any real indication of legality. I mean, sometimes you have to go a hundred years in the future for some RNG's. Even non-RNG'd captures have that sometimes when people are lazy as hell and just leave the factory settings on DS or change the time for in-game events.
Date is completely irrelevant, since you can easily change the clock on your DS.
i see, thank you for the answer

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Just another quick question. Dream World pokemons. Can they be shiny? When you transfer them back.
Shiny HA is only possible through breeding, and in Generation 6, Friend Safari and hordes.

Can a Jirachi have a trainer's name and number in its OT and ID? And if so, what are the max IVs it can have? If not, what would the correct OT/ID be? (if there is a link to such a listing that would work too, just to save whoever is answering this some time)

Agonist

Can a Jirachi have a trainer's name and number in its OT and ID? And if so, what are the max IVs it can have? If not, what would the correct OT/ID be? (if there is a link to such a listing that would work too, just to save whoever is answering this some time)
No. Jirachi can only have event OTs/IDs.

Slashmolder

'Ello Governor
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
Channel Jirachis can at least have 5 31 IVs for any nature. They all have the OT Channel but the ID/SID are randomly generated. You can tie an ID/SID to a specific PID and IVs to check the nature and IVs.
It's pretty much impossible to RNG abuse Channel Jirachi so you can assume all of them are hacked.

The Colosseum Jirachi has the OT WISHMKR and really can't have any decent competitive stats.

I know this thread is about hacked mons, but does smogon allow POKEGENNED mons? Assuming they're completely legal (and follow all the rules above)

Question ! I got notified by a mod that my Mew was hacked, but I've seen other people trading the exact same one and they haven't been notified or anything, so I'd like to make sure -I got this by trading another legendary with a user on this forum ~

anyways, I looked up this ID with this pokemon, and nothing came up, not even on pokecheck !

this is the exact posting I listed on my trade thread
(Shiny) Mew [JPN] Level 100, in Poke Ball
Name: ミュウ (Mew in Japanese)
OT: G i o
ID: 18270
Nature: Timid
Ability: Synchronize
Moveset: Ice Beam, Fire Blast, Thunder, Psychic
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31
it did NOT come with that moveset, I taught it myself and leveled it up from 31 to 100, which was quite a pain ; m ;

It's on the front page of known hacks being traded.
Oh no, was that just added ? ; A ;
edit: umm i just released mines with no problem though ?

anyways, should I contact the person I got the Mew from ?
I haven't traded it yet, but I have received a few clones, I believe

Agonist

Oh no, was that just added ? ; A ;
edit: umm i just released mines with no problem though ?

anyways, should I contact the person I got the Mew from ?
I haven't traded it yet, but I have received a few clones, I believe
Hmm, someone else said they couldn't release it.

And yes, notify to person you got it from.

Hmm, someone else said they couldn't release it.

And yes, notify to person you got it from.
I had three copies of it and they were all released ; m ;
but then I soft resetted just in case, so I got them back ~

and alright, will do~ thank you !

Last edited:

RockinX

My goal in life is to make everyone cringe with my puns
is a Contributor Alumnus
I know this thread is about hacked mons, but does smogon allow POKEGENNED mons? Assuming they're completely legal (and follow all the rules above)
Pretty sure Smogon doesn't even allow for the parents to be hacked (i.e.: If you want to use them for getting parents with different Pokéballs).

Agonist

Pretty sure Smogon doesn't even allow for the parents to be hacked (i.e.: If you want to use them for getting parents with different Pokéballs).
This is preferable, but unfortunately, there is no way to know for certain.

I would like to report a heatran that I had on my thread up until about an hour ago. It was confirmed by moderator Agonist. Here is its info:
OT: Richard
ID: 58417
Nature: calm
31/xx/31/31/31/31
I believe that is all the info I need, but if I need to add more, please tell me.
Also, a big thanks to Agonist for informing me of this hack :D

I would like to report a heatran that I had on my thread up until about an hour ago. It was confirmed by moderator Agonist. Here is its info:
OT: Richard
ID: 58417
Nature: calm
31/xx/31/31/31/31
I believe that is all the info I need, but if I need to add more, please tell me.
Also, a big thanks to Agonist for informing me of this hack :D
Hes hacked? Can you share how do you know he's kacked? Please.

But isnt that pokemon just cloned from Pokecheck? I found one like him here:

https://www.pokecheck.org/?pk=7447769

I was seeing a few of his pokemons and they dont have any Red Text. I'm confused now. A pokemon can be fake and pokecheck kinda fails to detect it? I was thinking that it was like infallible.
I could be wrong, but I believe the only acceptable way to clone on smogon is the 2 3ds method. I believe cloning through pokecheck is considered a hack.

Esmeya

There's nothing left. Goodbye.
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
But isnt that pokemon just cloned from Pokecheck? I found one like him here:

https://www.pokecheck.org/?pk=7447769

I was seeing a few of his pokemons and they dont have any Red Text. I'm confused now. A pokemon can be fake and pokecheck kinda fails to detect it? I was thinking that it was like infallible.
I could be wrong, but I believe the only acceptable way to clone on smogon is the 2 3ds method. I believe cloning through pokecheck is considered a hack.
That's not true. Only failed premier ribbon clones aren't because that ribbon makes the majority of Pokemon illegal.

and no Neckes it's never been infallible, just because you don't see any red doesn't mean that it isn't suspicious.

That's not true. Only failed premier ribbon clones aren't because that ribbon makes the majority of Pokemon illegal.

and no Neckes it's never been infallible, just because you don't see any red doesn't mean that it isn't suspicious.
Ok, thanks for clearing that up :D

Yes, i think i understand now.

Essentially, if you didn't rng or breed the pokemon yourself then its better to not trade him on smogon. Being legal is not enough, it has to be legit to be traded.

Esmeya

There's nothing left. Goodbye.
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Yes, i think i understand now.

Essentially, if you didn't rng or breed the pokemon yourself then its better to not trade him on smogon. Being legal is not enough, it has to be legit to be traded.
Or from a trusted, well-known source yes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)