ORAS OU real friends

Hey team,

It's me, haircaptain! I'm back at it again with another OU ORAS RMT. In my previous post, I ran a team predicated on stacking hazards, especially sticky web, and sweeping afterwards with Mega-Gardevoir. I was hovering around 1400 back then.

Nowadays, I'm partying with a different group of friends. It features two old-school favorites of mine, CroCune and Unaware CM Clefable. Right now we've hit a wall at 1500, and I'm not sure if it's the team or just me, so I thought I'd share with all of you.

Teambuilding:

upload_2016-5-21_10-37-49.png
and
upload_2016-5-21_10-38-19.png
were my jumping off point. If either of these two gets in to set up, it spells serious trouble for the opponent. Both of these pups are pretty slow, however, and Unaware CM Clefable is susceptible to hazards and status, so that's where these two come in.

upload_2016-5-21_10-39-56.png
and
upload_2016-5-21_10-40-9.png
partner nicely with CroCune and Unaware CM Clefable. Landorus-T with a choice scarf hits damn hard and outspeeds most unboosted opponents. Latias is quick, defogs for Clefable and can healing wish her back to health. I needed something to round out the group, so I inserted my final friends:

upload_2016-5-21_10-41-56.png
and
upload_2016-5-21_10-42-8.png
are good switch ins and keep the pressure up. Rotom-H hits pretty hard with Overheat and can weaken physical sweepers. If I get a good switch Serperior, a Leaf Storm or Substitute adds even more heat to the fire.

Team analysis:

upload_2016-5-21_10-43-46.png

sleep tight (Suicune) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Calm Mind
- Sleep Talk
- Rest

Here's the star of the show! She throws a lot of opponents off because after a CM she can wear down Mega-Venusaur (without leech seed) and even electric threats like Mega-Manectric. She's weak to Knock Off and physical set-up sweepers, but if one of those comes in I'll switch to CS Landorus-T to intimidate or Unaware Clefable to Moonlight and CM up. CroCune even walls Volcanion and Mega-Charizard Y after a CM. Her pressure gets to opponents and if she's Scalding after Sleep Talk, it's pretty much GG. She's my wincon and can clinch victory early, midgame, or at the end.

upload_2016-5-21_10-47-42.png

she cute (Clefable) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Moonlight
- Flamethrower

One of my faves! She easily survives a bullet punch from Scizor, an Iron Head from Jirachi, Bisharp or Excadrill and can return the favor with a CM flamethrower. Of course if she flinches, it's time to switch, but if not, they're in for heaps of trouble. She comes in nicely on dragons and sets up, but has problem with status and can still get hit hard by physical sweepers regardless of her Unaware. Heatran poses a big problem, but Landorus takes care of him.

upload_2016-5-21_10-51-57.png

choppa (Landorus-Therian) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

This guy is sneaky good. I usually lead with him to fool the opposition into thinking I'm going for rocks. Instead, he hits a lot of leads hard with Knock Off, EQ or Stone Edge (but, honestly, I hate how often SE misses). If I've removed the opponent's flyers/levitaters, he can spam EQ and do some real harm to the other team's mons. He's also a nice switch-in for CroCune if she's not set up or low on health. Adamant is to OHKO Volcanion.

upload_2016-5-21_10-50-0.png

free naps (Latias) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Healing Wish

Pretty basic. Pretty effective. Quick enough to get a defog, usually survive and send a healing wish to Clefable if she's been beat down and status'd. Of course she gets hurt by pursuit trappers and U-Turners, but what are you gunna do?

upload_2016-5-21_10-55-38.png

um?? (Serperior) @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 56 HP / 200 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Leech Seed
- Substitute

This girl can clinch just as easily as CroCune. If I get her in on an advantageous switch, I'll throw a Sub if they're rocking status runners or Leech Seed if they're short on grass pokes. Leaf storm obvi does the trick on most pokes outside of Unaware walls and HP Fire can deal with steel and grass opponents.
upload_2016-5-21_10-53-55.png

crispy (Rotom-Heat) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Overheat
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Love this lil' guy. He statuses opposing physical sweepers and his overheat hits like a truck. If the opponent gets a substitute up, however, I'm in trouble b/c of overheat's side effects. He's on the rotation, and I wouldn't mind subbing him out for something that gels a bit better with my team.

Let me know what you all think!

Sun

Who cares if one more light goes out? Well I do...
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
hello, interesting team you have here, cm suicune is a great setup-sweeper which has excellent defensive stats, is able to cope with even the grass types like Tang, mega Venusaur after several CM, same thing with some type electric as av raikou and mega Manectric , i find that Suicune builds are excellent in this metagame; After analyzing your team, I found some weaknesses as Charizard X & Charizard Y, CM Clefable, Weavile, these threats are very common and dangerous for your balance, I'll also note that some sets they need to be optimized and I'll also note the lack of a Rock setter, the rate that I'll try to fix this team making it more competitive before.
>

First, I think Rotom-h is redundant, his role in the team is too passive, is a fodder for many setup-sweepers as Cm Clef and Charizard X (since the lack of Twave), also its weakness to the hazards make it very fragile and short-lived in the battle, then I'd suggest utilize Stallbreaker Heatran, Heatran helps the team to deal the bad match up against Clefable, Charizard x and y, thus making them less dangerous, also heatran in 1v1 is able to beat even Weavile, Heatran also fixes the lack of a hazard setter, which is a role very important when you build a team, Heatran is also a great counter to Serperior (if not running hp Ground) and is not weak to hazard, and is more durable than Rotom. I chose to use a fast set to overcome offensive mega Scizor, that if ago +2, does serious damage to your team, also i put the other evs on hp for more bulk need to take better Latios's Draco meteor and other special shots.

After that, I think the Clefable set needs to be optimized, i'd suggest you to use CM MG Clefable, this set allows your team to have another good win condition, which is a very good status absorber (Because magic guard), mostly learns Thunder wave, this move is very useful to your team to deal with fast threats such as Weavile, mega lopunny , mega charizard X, and some more slow threats like mega Venusaur and Heatran, this spread of clef lets you control very well as physical threats mega Lopunny & Weavile, and some special threats as Thundurus, mega Manectric, av raikou and Latios, Latias and Kyurem-black.

Finally, I think some spreads are to be used, we start with Latias, suggest using this spread: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe, this spread allows latias to take 3HKo by Thundurus's hp Ice and keldeo's Icy wind, another good option is to run Roost>Healing wish, because now your team is more compact, having also one status absorber becomes easier to protect your pokemon by status moves. I think Scarf adamant Landorus is not so good, because the purpose of the scarf version is to revenge kill threats fast as mega mane, raikou and mega Lopunny, then you need to change the landorus's adamant nature with a Jolly one.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Taunt
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Defog
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish / Roost

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 15 Spe
- Calm Mind
- Thunder Wave
- Soft-Boiled
- Moonblast

That is all, other options are to use dragon pulse + glare or taunt Serperior, this set helps much against stall builds instead glare allows you to deal better with sand offense having the ability to paralyze the ground types; another good option is to use CM Roar suicune, this set allows you to win several Cm war against Clefable for example. I hope I have helped you and good luck with your team :toast:

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)