Reflexes Like a Ninja (Peaked #6)

Introduction

I built this team first around bulky SubSD Garchomp since it seemed cool. I then used tentacruel, scarf tran, and celebi as a psuedo FWG core. Tyranitar was used for obvious reasons. I changed scarftran to SpD tran later, and since I hated volcarona and ferrothorn, it worked great. Since I didn't like landorus, gliscor, and mamoswine sweeping my team, even when I have the advantage, I decided to use bronzong. Since Garchomp got banned, I used landorus first, but then realized that it didn't have what garchomp had, the ability to check rotom-w, so I switched it with the NINJA (sand veil gliscor). This team peaked #6 after the ladder reset and #1 right before the reset, but then I didn't get reqs becuase this team sucked better people got on the ladder. Some random fact you probably won't need to hear is that this team won the official Pokemon Online Tournament, which none of you know what it is. Just so you know this team was used by Noodlez for a while and kidsexchange is my alt, so that's probably why this team is so familiar. Now I changed this team to be more bulky, stallish, and have a hazard stacking core to deal with more offensive threats. I'm gonna retire this team for now, because I'm testing new playstyles.

Team Preview

The Team

@ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 228 HP / 236 SAtk / 4 SDef / 40 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Leaf Storm
- Thunder Wave
- Recover
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Celebi is here because it hard counters rotom-w and gastrodon, even with their status moves. This poke also checks fighting types like terakion and conkeldur with its powerful leaf storms, which hit unexpected ttars for a lot of damage when combined with TS and SR. Thunder wave is pretty important because it helps gliscor sweep, and stops pokes like thudnerous which is now banned, and cripples common switch ins like latios and dnite.

@ Chople Berry
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 180 SAtk / 76 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Fire Blast
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Tyranitar sets up sandstorm for gliscor obviously. Chople berry was for deoxys and thunderous, which got banned, but is still useful for stopping reuniclus, deoxys S, and lures in skarmory and ferrothorn thinking that it is CB, which I might try out. Ice beam is for doing lots to paralyzed dnites and haxoruses, and pursuit is always useful. Other obvious roles include trapping lati@s, and getting set up on by terakion. I changed ice beam to superpower, seeing that thunderous was banned, and it helps me a bit more on cocky terrakions.

@ Leftovers
Trait: Cursed Body
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Recover
- Scald
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt

Jellicent is here to deal with terrakions and other fighting types without crunch, as well as heatran. It also functions as a spinblocker, since I have both Stealth rocks and spikes to keep. It can be a failsafe against stall teams with its taunt WoW combo too. Its countered by grass and electirc types, but I have heatran and celebi for that. Also cursed body is troll.

@ Flight Gem
Trait: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Substitute

This team was originally based around garchomp, which got switched to gliscor, because
1.Acrobat is hella awesome
2.It checks rotom-w, who struggles to hit with 64 acc hydro pumps
3.It checks excadrill, if it manages to beat zong with x-scissor
4.Its a sweeper.
Anyways, this set is a ninja because of sand veil, as well as substitute, and acrobat being ninjaey as well. It gets countered by skarmory and bronzong, which tyranitar could lure in, or get statused by some other pokes on my team.

@ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Lava Plume
- Protect
- Roar
- Stealth Rock

Heatran is just awesome. It sets up Stealth rock, which makes a huge difference in crippling jellicent and rotom-W, as well as spreading status and passive damage with lava plume spam, toxic spikes, and roar. Protect is to scout for choiced users, especially rotom-W that could carry trick, and this pkemon has extremely good synergy with the rest of my team, with celebi countering bulky waters, and bronzong countering ground types and checking dragons.

@ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Spikes
- Brave Bird
- Whirlwind
- Roost

I changed bronzong to skarmory because bronzong sucked. I know that this guy would have pretty cool synergy with spikes and the ability to counter dragonite more. This guy is a bit more suited to an offensive metagame since it weakens stuff like scizor with spikes and walls more offensive stuff. Pretty much the only thing bronzong has over skarm is special defence and the ability to counter taunt SD gliscor, which by the way, are some of the pokemon my team is weak to.

Celebi @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 228 HP / 236 SAtk / 4 SDef / 40 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Leaf Storm
- Thunder Wave
- Recover
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Tyranitar (M) @ Chople Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 180 SAtk / 76 SDef
- Fire Blast
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Jellicent (M) @ Leftovers
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Recover
- Scald
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt

Gliscor (M) @ Flight Gem
Trait: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Substitute

Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Lava Plume
- Protect
- Roar
- Stealth Rock

Skarmory (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Spikes
- Brave Bird
- Whirlwind
- Roost

This is a Solid team and well done on your Achievment. No major flaws but Rain teams can be a threat but this team can go around that.
Ps:I have tested this team on the Smogon server and has worked wonders.

- Offensive Heatran.
- Dugtrio + Ninetales/Politoed.
- Choice Band Terrakion.
- Trick Room Reuniclus.

Your team struggles against the afformentioned threats. Heatran threatens Tyranitar, Heatran and Celebi, all of whom can't even touch Heatran in return (the closest thing they can do is Crunch / Thunder Wave). Not only does he completely wall half your team, ha can also threaten weakened off Pokemon such as Tentacruel and Bronzong. A set of Fire Blast/Earth Power/Hidden Power Ice/Filler destroys this team. Dugtrio is another threat for this team, and when paired with a fellow opposing weather, especially Sun, will threaten your entire team (Dugtrio handles Tyranitar, Heatran, Tentacruel while Ninetales handles Celebi, Bronzong, Gliscor). Dugtrio is also threatening by himself, removing an important part of your core. Choice Band Terrakion comes in a wrecks your entire team, 2HKOing everyone with Stealth Rock's and Close Combat alone, bar Celebi whom will succumb to Sandstorm if you want to dare to stay in on him. The Special Defense boost from Sandstorm doesn't help, letting it possibly take a Scald from Tentacruel if they're desperate. Trick Room Reuniclus is another pest who can possibly smash holes in your team, Tyranitar still taking 75% from Focus Blast. The only Pokemon who stands a chance against him is Bronzong, who has to rely on a shaky Hypnosis. Hypnosis might not even work, clashing with your Toxic Spikes.

EVs: 252 HP / 64 SAtk / 192 SDef
- Fire Blast
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Superpower

To me Ice Beam looks like it is only there for Gliscor, whom seems to barely trouble Bronzong. Superpower patches your Heatran weakness, being able to actually do something to him. With that you won't be needing as many Special Attack EV's meaning you are able to run more defense to counter Reuniclus a little better.

You could also opt for a Choice Scarf set, which would help against Terrakion, Dugtrio and Heatran, but would amplify your Trick Room Reunilcus weakness. You do handle most of your threats a lot more easily, but without a doubt Trick Room Reuniclus isn't being checked by everything, so I don't advise to this.

Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Recover
- Scald

By doing this, you are able to patch up many weaknesses, none more so than your Terrakion weakness. Jellicent also removes the ability for Dugtrio to constantly trouble your team. You lose Toxic Spikes and Rapid Spin, but in the process gain a solid counter to Terrakion. Your team isn't THAT weak to hazards and Toxic Spikes is pretty situational. Reading the description of Tentacruel also made him seem lackluster on this team.

Trick Room Reuniclus is still a problem, and I can't see anything obvious as a fix, and I don't want to alter your team too much, so just play smart using your teams synergy.

GL

How exactly did you rank #1 pre ladder reset when the ladder hasn't even reset? But yeah, solid team, ery few problems. Good job.

Good team here, Celebi really doesn't get the attention it deserves. I only see a couple of problems involving movesets. As Dezza suggested, go with Superpower over Ice Beam. Ttar already gets enough coverage with Fire Blast. And if you decide to keep Tentacruel (although Pringles does make a better rain counter) replace Hex with Ice Beam or protect, since Toxic Spikes won't be affecting your opponent's active Pokemon, and Hex is just a poor offensive choice in general. Anyways, good luck with your team, I hope it does well in the new meta.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
You may want to combine Celebi + Tentacruel's spot into 1 by using Roserade:

Roserade:
Leaf Storm | HP Fire | Toxic Spikes | Rest / Leech Seed / Sleep Powder
248 HP | 160 SDef | 100 Spe | Calm Nature

I suggest trying a physically-defensive Skarmory over Bronzong, since Haxorus can simply EQ your 2 Steels and then sweep. It also provides you with Spikes and Phazing, which is more than what Bronzong can do.

Skarmory @ Shed Shell:
Brave Bird | Spikes | Whirlwind | Roost
252 HP | 252 Def | 4 SDef | Impish Nature

Dezza Laa's Jelli suggestion is a good one. I am beginning to feel that Jirachi may be better over Heatran, giving you coverage against Gengar, Alakazam, and Reuniclus, but more importantly provides your team with Wish support, which your Gliscor would appreciate. Jellicent can counter Volcarona if Sand is up, so losing Heatran won't be too bad. If you make this change, you can now scarf your Tyranitar, providing your team with much needed speed to revenge-kill Terrakion, Lucario, as well as checking those dangerous Chlorophyll sweepers.

Jirachi:
Iron Head | Body Slam | Stealth Rock | Wish
252 HP | 240 SDef | 16 Spe | Careful Nature

Tyranitar @ CScarf:
Crunch | Fire Blast | Superpower | Pursuit
8 HP | 252 Atk | 248 Spe | Jolly Nature

Jellicent:
Scald | Toxic | Taunt | Recover
252 HP | 252 Def | 4 SDef | Bold Nature

Hopefully these changes will improve your team!

A lot of good rates here.

- Offensive Heatran.
- Dugtrio + Ninetales/Politoed.
- Choice Band Terrakion.
- Trick Room Reuniclus.

Your team struggles against the afformentioned threats. Heatran threatens Tyranitar, Heatran and Celebi, all of whom can't even touch Heatran in return (the closest thing they can do is Crunch / Thunder Wave). Not only does he completely wall half your team, ha can also threaten weakened off Pokemon such as Tentacruel and Bronzong. A set of Fire Blast/Earth Power/Hidden Power Ice/Filler destroys this team. Dugtrio is another threat for this team, and when paired with a fellow opposing weather, especially Sun, will threaten your entire team (Dugtrio handles Tyranitar, Heatran, Tentacruel while Ninetales handles Celebi, Bronzong, Gliscor). Dugtrio is also threatening by himself, removing an important part of your core. Choice Band Terrakion comes in a wrecks your entire team, 2HKOing everyone with Stealth Rock's and Close Combat alone, bar Celebi whom will succumb to Sandstorm if you want to dare to stay in on him. The Special Defense boost from Sandstorm doesn't help, letting it possibly take a Scald from Tentacruel if they're desperate. Trick Room Reuniclus is another pest who can possibly smash holes in your team, Tyranitar still taking 75% from Focus Blast. The only Pokemon who stands a chance against him is Bronzong, who has to rely on a shaky Hypnosis. Hypnosis might not even work, clashing with your Toxic Spikes.

EVs: 252 HP / 64 SAtk / 192 SDef
- Fire Blast
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Superpower

To me Ice Beam looks like it is only there for Gliscor, whom seems to barely trouble Bronzong. Superpower patches your Heatran weakness, being able to actually do something to him. With that you won't be needing as many Special Attack EV's meaning you are able to run more defense to counter Reuniclus a little better.

You could also opt for a Choice Scarf set, which would help against Terrakion, Dugtrio and Heatran, but would amplify your Trick Room Reunilcus weakness. You do handle most of your threats a lot more easily, but without a doubt Trick Room Reuniclus isn't being checked by everything, so I don't advise to this.

Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Recover
- Scald

By doing this, you are able to patch up many weaknesses, none more so than your Terrakion weakness. Jellicent also removes the ability for Dugtrio to constantly trouble your team. You lose Toxic Spikes and Rapid Spin, but in the process gain a solid counter to Terrakion. Your team isn't THAT weak to hazards and Toxic Spikes is pretty situational. Reading the description of Tentacruel also made him seem lackluster on this team.

Trick Room Reuniclus is still a problem, and I can't see anything obvious as a fix, and I don't want to alter your team too much, so just play smart using your teams synergy.

GL
Superpower over ice beam is definitely an option, since ice beam was for thunderous, which got banned, and dragonite, which zong covers. Energy Ball Physically defensive jellicent could work, but the main reason I opted for a spinner in the first place was because my team lacked recovery, especially gliscor and ttar, but then again tenta sucks.

Good team here, Celebi really doesn't get the attention it deserves. I only see a couple of problems involving movesets. As Dezza suggested, go with Superpower over Ice Beam. Ttar already gets enough coverage with Fire Blast. And if you decide to keep Tentacruel (although Pringles does make a better rain counter) replace Hex with Ice Beam or protect, since Toxic Spikes won't be affecting your opponent's active Pokemon, and Hex is just a poor offensive choice in general. Anyways, good luck with your team, I hope it does well in the new meta.
The meta didn't change for me lol. Anyways will try superpower over ice beam. If I do keep tentacruel ice beam could work, but both don't deal with its most common switch-ins.

You may want to combine Celebi + Tentacruel's spot into 1 by using Roserade:

Roserade:
Leaf Storm | HP Fire | Toxic Spikes | Rest / Leech Seed / Sleep Powder
248 HP | 160 SDef | 100 Spe | Calm Nature

I suggest trying a physically-defensive Skarmory over Bronzong, since Haxorus can simply EQ your 2 Steels and then sweep. It also provides you with Spikes and Phazing, which is more than what Bronzong can do.

Skarmory @ Shed Shell:
Brave Bird | Spikes | Whirlwind | Roost
252 HP | 252 Def | 4 SDef | Impish Nature

Dezza Laa's Jelli suggestion is a good one. I am beginning to feel that Jirachi may be better over Heatran, giving you coverage against Gengar, Alakazam, and Reuniclus, but more importantly provides your team with Wish support, which your Gliscor would appreciate. Jellicent can counter Volcarona if Sand is up, so losing Heatran won't be too bad. If you make this change, you can now scarf your Tyranitar, providing your team with much needed speed to revenge-kill Terrakion, Lucario, as well as checking those dangerous Chlorophyll sweepers.

Jirachi:
Iron Head | Body Slam | Stealth Rock | Wish
252 HP | 240 SDef | 16 Spe | Careful Nature

Tyranitar @ CScarf:
Crunch | Fire Blast | Superpower | Pursuit
8 HP | 252 Atk | 248 Spe | Jolly Nature

Jellicent:
Scald | Toxic | Taunt | Recover
252 HP | 252 Def | 4 SDef | Bold Nature

Hopefully these changes will improve your team!
You just tried to change 5/6 of my team!
Roserade Me like spin. No special attack. If I do make that change my team is going to be weaker to fighting types, mostly conkeldurr.
EDIT:Forgot I had gliscor lol

Skarmory-Mainly bronzong is for taunt SD gliscor, but I heard that set beats jellicent so I don't know. Spikes is still pretty pro though.

Scarftar/jelli/jirachi-I can see how that can fit in my team, but why is ttar jolly?

Will try out changes.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Scarftar is Jolly, because Fire Blast already scores the necessary 2HKO / OHKO on Steels, so no point in reducing its defenses for a stronger Fire Blast. You need a +Spe nature to outrun Starmie, Jolly Dugtrio, Latios, etc.

Just tried out changes on Dezza Laa's side. The changes work, but on one side I can get hard pressed by SR and spikes and such, but its not that tentacruel wouldve done anything better. Super power over ice beam works great, especially against some other ttar, on that, other ttar could potentially be a problem if it carries superpower, and I'm normally reluctant to send out heatran on it. Jelli and celebi don't have a surefire way to cripple/2KO it, and I would usually rely on toxic spikes to weaken it slowly, but I don't know.

On Pocket's advice I haven't tried out yet, but it seems that I would lose a counter to gliscor if I dropped out on bronzong. Celebi could check some physical threats roserade couldn't if I made that change, but I would have to test that out.

252 Atk Tyranitar Crunch vs 248 HP/216 Def Jellicent: 62.53% - 73.7%
2 hits to KO (with Leftovers) no burn

252 Atk Tyranitar Crunch vs 248 HP/216 Def Jellicent: 31.27% - 37.22%
4 hits to KO (with Leftovers) burn

WoW is a pretty crippling move, making Scarf TTar pretty redundant, your biggest TTar threat. BTW there a barely any Choice Band ones. But he is a problem I can see. If you can WoW with Jelli and the switch out you should be fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)