Regarding fluff in analyses

https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/changing-the-current-analysis-format-second-attempt.3642146/

I'll just give a quick sum up of the thread above regarding fluff in analyses.

The purpose of an analysis is to educate the readers on the Pokemon first and foremost. I'll list some examples of stuff to look out for when writing an analysis to avoid being redundant:
  • Explaining why a STAB move is good on a Pokemon
  • Explaining a self-explanatory EV spread such as 252 Attack/252 Speed on an offensive Pokemon
  • Explaining the mechanics of an ability
  • Explaining the mechanics of an item
  • Other miscellaneous information in usage tips. For example, explaining why it's bad to switch Volcarona in on Stealth Rock, or why you shouldn't hard switch Mega Medicham into powerful attacks. Those are things that even very inexperienced battlers should understand on their own.
  • Unviable options in OO. Only viable options that aren't good enough for sets but have their niche.

• Alternative STAB move choices such as Hydro Pump/Scald
  • Coverage moves and their purpose
  • Non explanatory EV spread, alternative EV spread, and multiple natures
  • Multiple items and their purpose
  • What the ability does for the Pokemon, if needed
  • Important usage tips that effectively explain how to use the Pokemon that the average reader wouldn't necessarily know

If this wasn't enough to give you a clear vision of what should and shouldn't be included in analyses, I highly advise that you go check out the link at the top for a more in depth explanation.

Thanks to Gary for letting me use parts of his announcement.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)