SS OU Regenightmare - Stall Team

Hello everyone. I’ve been testing a fun team and am open to criticism. I’m not a hardcore player but i love playing with this team.
My intention was a stall-regenerator team.

Slowking @ Life Orb
Regenerator
Calm Nature
EVs: 148 HP/252 Sp. Atk/108 Sp. Def

-Future Sight
-Teleport
-Flamethrower
-Scald
Slowking tends to be my lead. Most of the time, if there aren’t more than one Dark-type mon, i end up using Future Sight, then Teleport out of the way. If a Dark-type comes in, Mienshao gets in to kick it out.

Amoongus @ Assault Vest
Regenerator
Calm nature
EVs:120 HP/136 Sp. Atk/252 Sp. Def
-Hex
-Sludge Bomb
-Foul Play
-Giga Drain

I never liked to use Amoongus on any team i made, but Regenerator had me putting it. It is the most expendable mon, IMO. It gets in whenever a non-psychic-type fairy comes in (most of tapus). Giga Drain and Sludge Bomb have most of the job done and many times it managed to destroy poisoned Spectrier (which i fear a lot with this team), even breaking a sub from it. Foul Play dents physical setup sweepers.

Thornadus - Therian @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Regenerator
Hasty Nature
EVs: 80 HP/176 Sp. Atk/252 Spe

-Grass Knot
-Defog
-Hurricane
-Heat Wave

Thornadus-Therian is my defogger. Has Grass Knot for the Water/Ground rock-setters and Heat Wave for Ferro and Kartana (when i get it on switch-ins). It can’t take a super-effective hit, unlike many of its team mates, and many times it is the first to faint. Hurricane 2HKO Pelipper and many Rain-Team mons without being SE.

Tangrowth @ Rocky Helmet
Regenerator
Impish nature
EVs: 252 HP/4 Atk/252 Def

-Knock off
-Leech Seed
-Earthquake
-Power Whip

Physical wall partner with Toxapex. Holds most physical hits while leech-seeding and switching in and out with Toxapex, allied with Rocky Helmet and maybe poison. Tangrowth alone can’t do much. Has coverage move on Earthquake (for fire and poison-typed) but has to run from flying types.

Mienshao @ Choice Scarf
Regenerator
Jolly nature
EVs: 252 Atk/4 Sp. Def/252 Spe

-Hi-jump Kick
-Stone Edge
-U-turn
-Poison Jab

I love Mienshao since gen 5. A fighting type with Regenerator? Nice. I used to have Life Orb on it, but couldn’t outspeed faster threats. Choice-locked is bad, but i got better results this way. It is my go-to lead when there are 2 or more Psychic mons on a team, U-Turning for damage then letting in Slowking to sponge the damage. Stone Edge and Poison Jab for threats (flying, fairies) and Hi-Jump Kick, when SE, wrecks most mons. Used to have Knock Off on it, instead of U-Turn, and could outspeed Dragapult and sometimes OHKO it.

Toxapex @ Rocky Helmet
Regenerator
Bold nature
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 Sp. Def

-Scald
-Haze
-Recover
-Toxic Spikes

Toxapex, Toxapex. I used to hate it. Pretty annoying, except when you’re the one using it to wall. Scald nets many burns, helping walling. Haze disrupts set-up physical sweepers. Resists many banded physical threats, however, Urshifu-S’s Wicked Fist 2HKOs me. That critical breaks me. Not even switching in and out with Tangrowth helps. Poison from Toxic Spikes and Rocky Helmet may help, but one of my physical walls will faint.

I know it has many common weaknesses, but i’m having tons of fun.
Any criticism is appreciated.

Also, first topic. Thank you for reading.

Last edited:
I assume torn's hasty nature was a leftover from when it had things like knock off and u-turn? Timid would be superior with a pure special set, as it retains the defense lost due to the unneeded hasty nature

I assume torn's hasty nature was a leftover from when it had things like knock off and u-turn? Timid would be superior with a pure special set, as it retains the defense lost due to the unneeded hasty nature
Thanks. You’re right. I’ll change the nature.

this will be the most annoying team to go against xD.

I tried a team similar to this in RU for fun and it made people rage so much it was so funny

A lot of people forfeit as they ask me “all regenerator?”.
I got to ~1300 playing pretty casually. If there are fast psychics with psyshock, i lose. Nearly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)