SS OU regieleki rainstorm

hi all! comin back atchu with another mediocre team from a mediocre player... looking to get some advice on this rain team i threw together. basically, the whole thing is based around regieleki and rising voltage. given that its biggest issue is 1. eliminating ground types and 2. keeping electric terrain up, here was my thought process...

Regieleki @ Choice Specs
Ability: Transistor
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Rising Voltage
- Volt Switch
- Thunder Cage
- Rapid Spin

with transistor, choice specs, 252 spatk investment, electric terrain, and rising voltage, anything that isnt immune is ohkod by rising voltage, maybe 2hko on a resisted hit with spdef investment. volt switch for momentum; every mon on this team has some sort of pivoting move. my thought process here was just to confound the opponent enough into getting rid of their ground types until all that's left is scraps for regieleki to clean up. thunder cage and rapid spin are mostly just fillers; i only ever click thunder cage on a bulky special tank if im stuck in a corner, and rapid spin is just for any coverage at all with some potential utility.

Tapu Koko @ Terrain Extender
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Dazzling Gleam
- Roost
- Thunder

regieleki's partner in crime. electric terrain is a NECESSITY, and the terrain extender keeps it going. realizing ground types are going to be an issue, rain is my solution. i have u-turn over volt switch just to avoid the expectation that a ground type would switch in, ruining my momentum. dazzling gleam for stab coverage, roost to recover, and thunder for the electric type move of choice that hits surprisingly hard in electric terrain with rain. speaking of rain...

Pelipper @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- U-turn
- Hurricane
- Scald
- Roost

rain means water types! water types are great for getting rid of ground types! pelipper is the standard rain setter. physically defensive set with u-turn for pivoting, hurricane and scald for some damage output with burn and confusion being very helpful, and roost to get some of that hp back when i get a second. the biggest issue i have with keeping this guy alive is getting worn down from rocks and such. i chose to not have defog on him because hurricane and scald ended up being too useful to pass up either one; so i chose to go with another defogger...

Corviknight @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Defog
- U-turn
- Roost
- Brave Bird

physically defensive corvi is great for this team. not only can he defog well, but the ground type immunity is extremely useful. rocky helmet is for chip damage; wearing down those pesky ground types slowly with pivoting and things like rocky helmet is what i have found to be the most useful. roost is for recovery, and brave bird is the move of choice because it seems to be the most powerful. it's also useful for rillaboom, who is a good check to regieleki as well with grassy glide + terrain.

Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Flip Turn
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

specially defensive swampert is to round out the defensive side of this team; barring a grass knot from koko, he is great at taking hits and flip-turning out of there to usually either regieleki or corvi. earthquake is for the ground type stab, and swampert is also my rock setter of choice. toxic is for crippling set up mons, who i also had trouble with at times; usually, they are able to take a volt switch/flip turn/u-turn and set up on me in the mean time.

Barraskewda @ Choice Band
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Atk / 12 Def / 244 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Liquidation
- Psychic Fangs
- Close Combat
- Flip Turn

barraskewda rounds out the team as the glass cannon in the rain. this guy is stupid powerful with a choice band, and 738 speed in the rain is no joke. flip turn takes huge chunks out of even bulky mons; otherwise, liquidation murders ground types (and pretty much anything else). psychic fangs is for naganadel and toxapex, and close combat is for extra coverage as well, including regigagas, which for some reason has given me trouble with this team thus far.

well thats all folks! let me know what you think. i tried to keep the hyper offensive idea going with a regieleki/koko/barraskewda core, while at the same time having a solid defensive backbone so that i don't just get murdered by my counters. im still relatively new to teambuilding so please don't hold back :) thanks!

Last edited:
(bump) Also - thus far, the only change I've made is switching out psychic fangs for ice fang on barraskewda. zygarde was wrecking me, and i found myself hardly ever using psychic fangs because i had other answers for toxapex, so yeah.

Alright, so, I started fresh on gen8doublesOU on showdown. This has legit won the last 10 in a row. Now, to be fair, I've hardly run into ANY ground types or anything I've deemed a threat. The biggest threat I've found is actually opposing RegiElekis. From what I've noticed though, it doesn't really have any answers for Gastrodon.

Last edited:
Alright, so, I started fresh on gen8doublesOU on showdown. This has legit won the last 10 in a row. Now, to be fair, I've hardly run into ANY ground types or anything I've deemed a threat. The biggest threat I've found is actually opposing RegiElekis. From what I've noticed though, it doesn't really have any answers for Gastrodon.
Yeah, I'm actually about to break 1500 myself, which is the highest I've ever gotten on the OU ladder LMAO. Ground types and mons with water absorb/volt absorb are my biggest struggles, and I don't really know a way around ground types WITH water absorb. Also choice scarf Dittos come out on Regieleki and ruin me, so there's that too. Any advice?

I'm not super experienced in the current meta... or any really, but I do have a thought. But what if you trade out bara for ludi?
Ludicolo @ Life Orb / Choice Specs
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Giga Drain
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast

I'd have to do some damage calcs to decide between orb or specs. I'll do that in the morning.

So I'm beginning to realize that Spectrier is a huge problem for me. My only answer for it was swampert, and if i can't check it before it gets out of control im screwed; also, scarfed spectrier, which i've been seeing a bit, completely ruins me. So here's my answer:

Urshifu @ Choice Band
Ability: Unseen Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Wicked Blow
- Close Combat
- Sucker Punch
- U-turn

Sucker punch takes care of spectrier easily, and obviously u-turn is needed for momentum. wicked blow and close combat are typical on this guy. i got rid of corvi for him; while corvi was a good wall, i found him being the least reliable, as besides his defog role, he was usually only a switch in to take a hit or two from lando. he also couldn't do much against zygarde, who as i said before is a big problem for this team (i still dont have a great check for him, my only great one is hoping they don't expect an ice fang from barraskewda). so, i put defog back on pelipper and got rid of scald since hurricane is a great move in the rain and gives me a good switch in for fighting types. what do we think of this change? should i have kept corvi and found a different check for spectrier? thanks!!

So I'm beginning to realize that Spectrier is a huge problem for me. My only answer for it was swampert, and if i can't check it before it gets out of control im screwed; also, scarfed spectrier, which i've been seeing a bit, completely ruins me. So here's my answer:

Urshifu @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Wicked Blow
- Close Combat
- Sucker Punch
- U-turn

Sucker punch takes care of spectrier easily, and obviously u-turn is needed for momentum. wicked blow and close combat are typical on this guy. i got rid of corvi for him; while corvi was a good wall, i found him being the least reliable, as besides his defog role, he was usually only a switch in to take a hit or two from lando. he also couldn't do much against zygarde, who as i said before is a big problem for this team (i still dont have a great check for him, my only great one is hoping they don't expect an ice fang from barraskewda). so, i put defog back on pelipper and got rid of scald since hurricane is a great move in the rain and gives me a good switch in for fighting types. what do we think of this change? should i have kept corvi and found a different check for spectrier? thanks!!
Yep. I can tell you from experience that anything that is
1. Dark-Type, and
2. Has Sucker Punch
Completely obliterates Spectrier. Which is sad, because I really want Spectrier to be usable

Urshifu @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Wicked Blow
- Close Combat
- Sucker Punch
- U-turn

Life Orb Sucker Punch is also a guaranteed OHKO while still allowing Urshifu to pivot with U-Turn:
252 Atk Life Orb Urshifu Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Spectrier: 447-530 (131 - 155.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Here's my team (currently in 1760)

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
Evs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 SpD
- Stealth Rock
- Body Press
- Knock Off
- Thunder Wave

Pelipper @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
Evs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
- Hurricane
- Scald
- U-turn
- Roost

Urshifu-Rapid-Strike @ Choice Band
Evs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Surging Strikes
- Close Combat
- Aqua Jet
- U-turn

Kingdra @ Choice Specs
Evs: 80 Hp / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
- Hurricane
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Flip Turn

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Evs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Defog
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Regieleki @ Choice Specs
Ability: Transistor
Evs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spee
Timid Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Thunder
- Rising Voltage
- Hyper Beam

(A lot of choice items ik)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)