-Thunder Cage
-Thunderbolt
-Explosion
-Light Screen
-Reflect
-Volt Switch
-Body Slam
-Rising Voltage

New Ability: Transistor: Increases the users attacking stat by 50% when using Electric-type moves.

New Move: Thunder Cage: 80 BP | 90 Acc | 15 PP | Traps and damages the target for 4-5 turns.

[Pros]
- Absurdly high base Speed- For comparison's sake, an univested Regieleki outspeeds Timid Dragapult. This means Regieleki outspeeds the entire unboosted meta, and most scarfers too.
- Ability greatly augments its otherwise mediocre base 100 offensive stats and saves it from being Electrode 2.
- Has the strongest Rising Voltage in the game, making it a great partner to Tapu Koko and unwallable under terrain by anything but Ground-types.
- Passable utility in Rapid Spin and Dual Screens paired with Explosion.

[Cons]
- Nonexistent coverage. Regieleki's best options for hitting Ground-types are various Normal-type attacks. It cannot be stressed enough how much of a limiting factor this is for what would otherwise be a broken Pokemon.
- Mandates heavy team support to lure in and remove opposing Ground-types in order to make any progress.
- Pathetic bulk leaves it vulnerable to all forms of priority.

[Potential Sets]
In Memory of Rising Voltage Koko
Regieleki @ Choice Specs
Ability: Transistor
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive / Rash Nature
- Rising Voltage
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Explosion / Rapid Spin

This set is meant to be paired with Tapu Koko and played in Electric Terrain. If the rest of the team can consistently handle Ground-types (or some other jank like Ring Target Trick) Regieleki is free to 2HKO the rest of the metagame with Rising Voltage. Volt Switch can be clicked if your opponent is one of the 5 non-Grounds in the meta that aren't OHKOed. Thunderbolt can be spammed out of terrain for good damage, and Explosion/Rapid Spin both have offensive utility. Given Regieleki already KOes everything, a Naive nature is usually preferable for creeping boosted Blaziken and other similar targets, but Rash can net a few earlier KOes against bulkier targets like Amoonguss. A shockingly straightforward set.

Gotta Go Fast
Regieleki @ Magnet / Heavy-Duty Boots / Life Orb
EVs: 40 Atk / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
Rash Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Rapid Spin
- Explosion / Body Slam / Extreme Speed

An offensive pivot that matches up well against opposing offensive teams, especially if they lack a Ground-type. Volt Switch pivots and chunks most targets hard, while Thunderbolt can clean in the lategame. For reference, HDB Thunderbolt soundly 2HKOes offensive Magearna. Rapid Spin is always useful and usually pretty safe to click on an incoming Ground-type. Explosion is (sadly) Regieleki's best option against Ground-types, chunking most targets and bringing in another teammate for free. Body Slam is an alternative option that can fish for Paralysis on targets like Zygarde or Landorus-Therian. Lastly, Extreme Speed can pick off severely weakened targets. Speed EVs outspeed Scarf Genesect, but the Speed can be customized to whatever the team needs.

Last edited:
My favorite part is how quick the community went from "Deoxys S but bad" to "It does what to Chansey with Rising Voltage??"

I'm shocked how good this is. Specs Tbolt is almost as strong as Scarf Fishious Rend and of course it can reach a level "even further beyond" via the ridiculous power that comes from Rising Voltage + Regi's best friend Tapu Koko. Just suicide rush the ground types and clean up. GG.

Also on the first set I would slash Rash in first as I'm not sure what, if anything, you outspeed with Naive besides other Regis.

Maybe you should add the HO Lead Set? HO is seemingly incredible in the current meta and Eleki has access to Screens, Spin and Explosion to support it. This is what I've been running:
Regieleki @ Light Clay
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 40 Spe
Impish Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Rapid Spin
- Explosion
40 Speed is to outspeed 208+ Scarf Lando-T. It might end up running more speed this gen but that was the closest I could get for how much it's running as the meta hasn't developed yet. The rest just goes into HP and Defense.

Its not a patch on Dracovish, it's a bit of a momentum drain at times, requires a lot of team support and the stuff that can exploit it are already really good not stuff like Seismitoad (Boosting Zygarde, Exacadrill, Landorus, Scarf Spectrier etc). Early days but I could see this ending up in UUBL when everything is settled.

Last edited:
Why is there no set with Thunder Cage ?
I think because this mon is way more interested in killing opponents than trapping them. The only type of pokemon that would be useful to trap with this mon are ground types, and unfortunately, they're immune to electric attacks. For mons that resist electricity, you'll still want to hit them with as strong a move as possible because of how strong this thing is.

Its not a patch on Dracovish, it's a bit of a momentum drain at times, requires a lot of team support and the stuff that can exploit it are already really good not stuff like Seismitoad (Boosting Zygarde, Exacadrill, Landorus, Scarf Spectrier etc). Early days but I could see this ending up in UUBL when everything is settled.
Yea I think it might not be OU by usage but it'll find its way onto certain teams and it has some matchups where it can put it absurd amounts of work.

Assuming it stays in the tier for a while, I can actually see the ring target "jank" becoming really popular. Also, it may be frail and possibly susceptible to priority, but I JUST ran this calc:

252+ Atk Black Glasses Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Regieleki: 253-298 (84 - 99%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

It's got barely enough (no, it's not in the calculator, I just modified the stats on a random mon) before it retaliates with some Electric move. With a Modest nature. With Specs. With an ability that boosts the Electric power even more.

EDIT: It also has Extreme Speed. And given its stat spread, this thing running a physical set isn't entirely out of the question either.

Assuming it stays in the tier for a while, I can actually see the ring target "jank" becoming really popular.
I messed around with Ring Target a bit, and it's tricky because you need to use a mon doesn't rely on any particular item, has Trick/Switcheroo, and will draw in common Ground-types, and there aren't that many of those. Klutz Golurk, Metagross and physical Jirachi are examples of viable lando-bait, I guess. But then you absolutely have to predict correctly on the turn you use Trick or that strategy is dead. And god forbid if the opponent has multiple Ground-types, which is pretty common. It's just inherently inconsistent. As people have said, just overloading the opponent's Grounds is probably a more viable strategy.

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
What about Regeleki on rain teams?What purpose does it serve there,I'm thinking it just spams specs thunder simillar to how it spams rising voltage with tapu koko
You pretty much hit the nail on the head. Rain teams may not have space for it AND Koko, so you gotta be careful, but it basically is a strong and fast Thunder using Rain abuser. Being able to soft check Tornadus-T and revenge kill things without relying on Swift Swim helps a bit.

Would this thing be strong outside of Electric Terrain and Rising Voltage? Was thinking of making a set kind of like this:

Regieleki @ Choice Band
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Wild Charge
- Volt Switch
- Extreme Speed
- Explosion

Self-Explainatory. Wild Charge for STAB, Volt Switch for momentum, Extreme Speed to pick off weakened opponents that may have priority on them, and Explosion if you need to sacrifice it/run into a ground type you don't have an answer for. EV spread lets it just barely outpace Swift Swim Kingdra in rain, and Hasty is chosen to not weaken Volt Switch and tbh, this thing isn't living a hit anyway due to its frailty.

Would this thing be strong outside of Electric Terrain and Rising Voltage? Was thinking of making a set kind of like this:

Regieleki @ Choice Band
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Wild Charge
- Volt Switch
- Extreme Speed
- Explosion

Self-Explainatory. Wild Charge for STAB, Volt Switch for momentum, Extreme Speed to pick off weakened opponents that may have priority on them, and Explosion if you need to sacrifice it/run into a ground type you don't have an answer for. EV spread lets it just barely outpace Swift Swim Kingdra in rain, and Hasty is chosen to not weaken Volt Switch and tbh, this thing isn't living a hit anyway due to its frailty.
The Rising Voltage/Electric Terrain combo has been viewed as far more superior because of the amount of damage it can dish out. However, looking at this guy's moveset, I personally do believe that a physical set would be somewhat feasible, especially considering it gets access to Extreme Speed.

The Rising Voltage/Electric Terrain combo has been viewed as far more superior because of the amount of damage it can dish out. However, looking at this guy's moveset, I personally do believe that a physical set would be somewhat feasible, especially considering it gets access to Extreme Speed.
Yeah, I’m well aware of how good that set is. I just posted this an an alternate option for those that don’t want to bring Tapu Koko with them just to let one pokemon become Dracovish 2.0 Electric Boogaloo

Magmajudis

Title pending
I still think Thunder Cage is good, not because of the trap (all it does for Eleki is to allow a safe switch, which is good but not extremely good), but because it can kill in one turn a pokemon with sash, since it hits at the end of the turn a bit.

Regieleki

Base Stats - 80 HP / 100 Atk / 50 Def / 100 SpA / 50 SpD / 200 Spe

Abilities: Transistor

Level Up Moves:
- [01] Thunder Shock
- [01] Rapid Spin
- [06] Electroweb
- [12] Ancient Power
- [18] Shock Wave
- [24] Thunder Wave
- [30] Extreme Speed
- [36] Thunder Cage
- [42] Thunderbolt
- [48] Magnet Rise
- [54] Thrash
- [60] Lock-On
- [66] Zap Cannon
- [72] Hyper Beam
- [78] Explosion

TMs:
- [TM08] Hyper Beam
- [TM09] Giga Impact
- [TM14] Thunder Wave
- [TM16] Screech
- [TM17] Light Screen
- [TM18] Reflect
- [TM20] Self-Destruct
- [TM21] Rest
- [TM24] Snore
- [TM25] Protect
- [TM33] Rain Dance
- [TM39] Facade
- [TM40] Swift
- [TM52] Bounce
- [TM58] Assurance
- [TM76] Round
- [TM78] Acrobatics
- [TM80] Volt Switch
- [TM82] Electroweb
- [TM90] Electric Terrain
- [TM93] Eerie Impulse

TRs:
- [TR01] Body Slam
- [TR08] Thunderbolt
- [TR09] Thunder
- [TR12] Agility
- [TR20] Substitute
- [TR26] Endure
- [TR27] Sleep Talk
- [TR80] Electro Ball
- [TR86] Wild Charge

Tutor Moves:
- Rising Voltage

[Notable Moves]

-Rapid Spin
-Extreme Speed
-Thunder Cage
-Thunderbolt
-Explosion
-Light Screen
-Reflect
-Volt Switch
-Body Slam
-Rising Voltage

New Ability: Transistor: Increases the users attacking stat by 50% when using Electric-type moves.

New Move: Thunder Cage: 80 BP | 90 Acc | 15 PP | Traps and damages the target for 4-5 turns.

[Pros]
- Absurdly high base Speed- For comparison's sake, an univested Regieleki outspeeds Timid Dragapult. This means Regieleki outspeeds the entire unboosted meta, and most scarfers too.
- Ability greatly augments its otherwise mediocre base 100 offensive stats and saves it from being Electrode 2.
- Has the strongest Rising Voltage in the game, making it a great partner to Tapu Koko and unwallable under terrain by anything but Ground-types.
- Passable utility in Rapid Spin and Dual Screens paired with Explosion.

[Cons]
- Nonexistent coverage. Regieleki's best options for hitting Ground-types are various Normal-type attacks. It cannot be stressed enough how much of a limiting factor this is for what would otherwise be a broken Pokemon.
- Mandates heavy team support to lure in and remove opposing Ground-types in order to make any progress.
- Pathetic bulk leaves it vulnerable to all forms of priority.

[Potential Sets]
In Memory of Rising Voltage Koko
Regieleki @ Choice Specs
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive / Rash Nature
- Rising Voltage
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Explosion / Rapid Spin

This set is meant to be paired with Tapu Koko and played in Electric Terrain. If the rest of the team can consistently handle Ground-types (or some other jank like Ring Target Trick) Regieleki is free to 2HKO the rest of the metagame with Rising Voltage. Volt Switch can be clicked if your opponent is one of the 5 non-Grounds in the meta that aren't OHKOed. Thunderbolt can be spammed out of terrain for good damage, and Explosion/Rapid Spin both have offensive utility. Given Regieleki already KOes everything, a Naive nature is usually preferable for creeping boosted Blaziken and other similar targets, but Rash can net a few earlier KOes against bulkier targets like Amoonguss. A shockingly straightforward set.

Gotta Go Fast
Regieleki @ Magnet / Heavy-Duty Boots / Life Orb
EVs: 40 Atk / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
Rash Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Rapid Spin
- Explosion / Body Slam / Extreme Speed

An offensive pivot that matches up well against opposing offensive teams, especially if they lack a Ground-type. Volt Switch pivots and chunks most targets hard, while Thunderbolt can clean in the lategame. For reference, HDB Thunderbolt soundly 2HKOes offensive Magearna. Rapid Spin is always useful and usually pretty safe to click on an incoming Ground-type. Explosion is (sadly) Regieleki's best option against Ground-types, chunking most targets and bringing in another teammate for free. Body Slam is an alternative option that can fish for Paralysis on targets like Zygarde or Landorus-Therian. Lastly, Extreme Speed can pick off severely weakened targets. Speed EVs outspeed Scarf Genesect and Kingdra in Rain, but the Speed can be customized to whatever the team needs.
You could also use a special attack glass cannon set like this...
Regieleki @ Choice Specs
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Swift/Thunder Cage
- Volt Switch
- Rapid Spin
- Electro Ball

With everyone enjoying the flurry that is a new metagame, I've been having a lot of fun with the most gimmicky gimmick of all gimmicks.
https://pokepast.es/ce2cb5ecb551c434

Most people are running 1, maybe 2 Ground types on their teams. The most common are the Landorus bros and Swampert. It's really easy to lure both into either Zoroark (disguised as something they would want to switch in on) or Rotom-H (which outspeeds defensive Lando-T and Swampert, the latter usually wants to switch in). Trick the grounds a Ring Target, sweep with Rising Voltage.

It's a little braindead. It covers a lot of the other broken mons in the early meta. But man is it hilarious to click terrain boosted specs Rising Voltage 6 times with little drawback.

YES! If used againest the right pokemon Regieleki could be doing at least 150 with Electro ball!
You could also use a special attack glass cannon set like this...
Regieleki @ Choice Specs
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Swift/Thunder Cage
- Volt Switch
- Rapid Spin
- Electro Ball
Well here's the deal. The thing about Electro Ball is its inconsistency- against Scarfers, weather and setup sweepers, and other speed controls, the very things that Regieleki best matches up against--It has like 80 base power. So in reality, Rising Voltage under terrain hits significantly harder in all circumstances--not just against the super slow things. Regieleki is best used for its strengths-outspeeding everything, no matter how narrowly, and murdering offense. Electro Ball is thus suboptimal. I'd recommend instead going with the following:
-Volt Switch
-Thunderbolt/Thunder Cage/Thunder
-Rising Voltage
-Rapid Spin/Explosion

This is probably the best special moveset.

What speed do y’all think is best? Looking at the speed tier thread, the only notable thing i see for a specs set is outspeeding scarf genesect. But even that is iffy because doesn’t extreme speed destroy you anyway?

What speed do y’all think is best? Looking at the speed tier thread, the only notable thing i see for a specs set is outspeeding scarf genesect. But even that is iffy because doesn’t extreme speed destroy you anyway?
Regieleki @ Choice Specs
EVs: 204 Atk / 252 SpA / 52 Spe
Naive Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Rapid Spin
- Extreme Speed

I've personally liked running this EV spread. Outspeeding Genesect is in my opinion not a waste, because Extreme Speed from Choice Scarf variants does not come close to OHKOing you, and neither do Choice Band variants as long as you don't give it an Attack boost through Download -- hence the Naive nature as opposed to a Hasty nature. I personally like going even a little bit further than Choice Scarf Genesect, outspeeding Choice Scarf Jirachi.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)