Pokémon Registeel

What tier do you think Registeel will stay in, after most of the strong Pokemon are banned?

• OU

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • UU

Votes: 32 28.8%
  • RU

Votes: 78 70.3%
  • NU

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • PU

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Registeel.gif

Registeel

1603915705604.png

Base Stats: 80 HP / 75 Atk / 150 Def / 75 SpA / 150 SpD / 50 Spe

Abilities: Clear Body | Light Metal (H)

All Moves:
Level Up:
Lvl 0 - Charge Beam
Lvl 0 - Metal Claw
Lvl 6 - Bulldoze
Lvl 12 - Ancient Power
Lvl 18 - Stomp
Lvl 24 - Flash Cannon
Lvl 24 - Iron Head
Lvl 30 - Curse
Lvl 36 - Amnesia
Lvl 36 - Iron Defense
Lvl 42 - Hammer Arm
Lvl 48 - Heavy Slam
Lvl 54 - Superpower
Lvl 60 - Lock-On
Lvl 66 - Zap Cannon
Lvl 72 - Hyper Beam
Lvl 78 - Explosion

[TMs]
Mega Punch, Mega Kick , Ice Punch, Thunder Punch, Hyper Beam, Giga Impact, Thunder Wave, Safeguard, Self-Destruct, Rest, Rock Slide, Snore, Protect, Sandstorm, Rain Dance, Sunny Day, Facade, Brick Break, Rock Tomb, Sand Tomb, Fling, Shadow Claw, Round, Bulldoze, Stomping Tantrum.

[TRs]
Body Slam, Thunder, Thunderbolt, Earthquake, Amnesia, Substitute, Endure, Sleep Talk, Superpower, Iron Defense, Focus Blast, Flash Cannon, Iron Head, Stealth Rock, Heavy Slam, Body Press.

[Egg Moves]
None

[Move Tutor]
Meteor Beam, Steel Beam, Steel Roller

[Transfer Only Moves]
Aerial Ace, Block, Confide, Counter, Defense Curl, Double-Edge, Double Team, Dynamic Punch, Focus Punch, Frustration, Headbutt, Hone Claws, Magnet Rise, Mimic, Mud-Slap, Natural Gift, Power-Up Punch, Psych Up, Return, Rock Climb, Rock Polish, Rock Smash, Rollout, Seismic Toss, Shock Wave, Strength, Swagger, Toxic.

[New Obtainable moves]
Sand Tomb, Heavy Slam, Body Press, Meteor Beam, Steel Beam, Steel Roller

[Notable moves]
Body Press
Counter
Curse
Earthquake
Explosion
Flash Cannon
Heavy Slam
Ice Punch
Iron Defense
Protect
Rest
Stealth Rock
Thunder Wave
Toxic

[Pros]
- Pure Steel typing sets Registeel apart from other steel types, like Ferrothorn, Kartana and Scizor from being extremely vulnerable to Fire types.
- Solid 80/150/150 defenses lets Registeel be a good user of Body Press and Stealth Rock setter
- Walls a majority of the Tapus and most Fairy types in the tier.

[Cons]
- Has no reliable recovery outside of Rest and Wish support.
- 75 points on each attacking stat, while far from terrible, fails to run an Offensive Set, leaving it vulnerable to Taunt users like Tapu Koko, Heatran and some Spectriers, however, the first two must be wary of Earthquake.
- Registeel sits at a low speed tier, leaving it to sometimes take a hit before it moves

[Potential Movesets]

ChestoRest
Registeel @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Body Press
- Iron Defense
- Rest
- Earthquake / Ice Punch / Protect / Toxic / Sleep Talk

Registeel can use its high defense stats to become a slow, but dangerous Body Press sweeper to unprepared teams that lack a Ghost-type. Chesto Berry is the recommended item for this set, but it can also use Leftovers for more recovery. Clear Body is the preffered ability over Light Metal, it makes Registeel inmune to Intimidate, Sticky Webs and other moves that reduce your stats; it also makes Low Kick have lower Base Power. Body Press, with 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD EVs, is used along with Iron Defense and Rest to make Registeel even harder to take down. The fourth moveslot is up to your choice and your team's needs. Earthquake annihilates Heatran, which could othewise completely wall Registeel, and damages other Fire and Electric types. Ice Punch works well with Clear Body to make a 2HKO to Garchomp, both Landorus forms and injure other Ground types. Protect can be used along with Leftovers to give it a free turn to heal, and scout for Choice-locked Pokemon, such as Landorus-T, Galarian Zapdos and Melmetal. Toxic is also viable to annoy Ground and Fire types. Sleep Talk can be used to use another move while being asleep by Rest.

Last edited:

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
View attachment 286023

[Notable moves]
Body Press
Counter
Curse
Earthquake
Explosion
Flash Cannon
Heavy Slam
Ice Punch
Iron Defense
Protect
Rest
Stealth Rock
Steel Beam
Steel Roller
Thunderbolt
Thunder Punch
Thunder Wave
Toxic

[Pros]
- Pure Steel typing sets Registeel apart from other steel types, like Ferrothorn, Genesect and Scizor from being extremely vulnerable to Fire types.
- Solid 80/150/150 defenses lets Registeel be a good user of Body Press and Stealth Rock setter
- Walls a majority of the Tapus, most fairy types, Dragonite with no coverage moves and Specs Dragapult lacking Fire-type coverage.
My only gripe with this A) Listing Steel Beam and Steel Roller (maybe TBolt and TPunch as well) among notable moves. Steel Roller sounds cool until a Steel resist switches in and now you have a dead slot. Steel Beam is the exact opposite of what Regi needs, as its a wall, not a wallbreaker.

My other gripe are the pros you list. You say Regi walls Specs Pult without Fire coverage and Dragonite without any coverage - but every Specs Pult should be carrying FBlast for Magearna and all DNites carry some form of anti Steel coverage on offensive sets. So these arguments seem redundant. I'd say make up better pros,

I actually think Regirock is better at the Body Press set. Yes Rock is a worse defensive typing but 50 points in base stats is significant and max defence takes hits from some of the strongest attackers in the metagame.

+1 252 Atk Life Orb Teravolt Kyurem-Black Icicle Spear (3 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Regirock: 129-156 (35.4 - 42.8%) -- approx. 3HKO
252+ Atk Zygarde Thousand Arrows vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Regirock: 116-140 (31.8 - 38.4%) -- 96.9% chance to 3HKO
+1 252 Atk Dragonite Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Regirock: 146-172 (40.1 - 47.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Some other benefits of running Regirock over Registeel is a higher base attack and the Sp.def boost in sandstorm. I've been running it with Smooth Rock Hippo + Dracozolt and it's been decent.

My only gripe with this A) Listing Steel Beam and Steel Roller (maybe TBolt and TPunch as well) among notable moves. Steel Roller sounds cool until a Steel resist switches in and now you have a dead slot. Steel Beam is the exact opposite of what Regi needs, as its a wall, not a wallbreaker.

My other gripe are the pros you list. You say Regi walls Specs Pult without Fire coverage and Dragonite without any coverage - but every Specs Pult should be carrying FBlast for Magearna and all DNites carry some form of anti Steel coverage on offensive sets. So these arguments seem redundant. I'd say make up better pros,
Alright, thanks for the response, I haven't seen a lot of Pult and Dragonites nowadays, so I didn't knew that

I actually think Regirock is better at the Body Press set. Yes Rock is a worse defensive typing but 50 points in base stats is significant and max defence takes hits from some of the strongest attackers in the metagame.

+1 252 Atk Life Orb Teravolt Kyurem-Black Icicle Spear (3 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Regirock: 129-156 (35.4 - 42.8%) -- approx. 3HKO
252+ Atk Zygarde Thousand Arrows vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Regirock: 116-140 (31.8 - 38.4%) -- 96.9% chance to 3HKO
+1 252 Atk Dragonite Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Regirock: 146-172 (40.1 - 47.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Some other benefits of running Regirock over Registeel is a higher base attack and the Sp.def boost in sandstorm. I've been running it with Smooth Rock Hippo + Dracozolt and it's been decent.
I've tried it aswell, and I've seen that Regirock's niche ends after Sandstorm, also it can easily be shut down by Taunt and Toxic and it can even be used as set up bait for some CM+Shift Gear Magearna

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)