Greninja @ Lum Berry
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Taunt
- U-turn/Rock Slide/Grass knot
- Ice Beam

My lead, he is basically a scout for my team. In most of my run-ins, I have been able to taunt first and ruin the opposing teams plan for setting up and then u-turn out of there to hit him with a pokemon that is effective against it. Problem here is that i don't know if it is necessary, I had success running grass knot with out the u-turn but i thought u-turn was better for a hit-and-run type play between him and rotom w. Ice beam and Hydro pump are basically standard though, but still up for suggestions. I also liked to predict when an electric type move is coming and hit them with rock slide and take less damage (also works with spikes w/ the damage but makes it immune). Ive had so many variations of greninja and i can't decide.

Dragonite @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Roost (changed from Fire Blast)
- Earthquake

This guy wrecks. I have fluctuated back and forth between outrage or dragon claw, i find DC to be better because it doesn't trap me and allow them to bring in a fairy although outrage does take out a lot of formable foes. Dragonite is basically a lock on my team, really the only one though. Still up for any suggestions

Lucario @ Lucarionite
Ability: Steadfast
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Bullet Punch
- Crunch
- Swords Dance

This guy is my go to for late game sweeping. He can take a stealth rock, and he lands big hits to a lot of pokemon. Pretty standard set, but to be honest i don't really know when to use bullet punch and when to use close combat, I'm pretty new to this whole competitive thing. Using him on showdown, he works pretty well though.

Goodra @ Assault Vest
Ability: Gooey
EVs: 216 HP / 40 def / 252 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Dragon tail
- Flamethrower
- Thunderbolt
- Power Whip

This spot used to belong to azumarill but then I would have had three water pokes on my team and i don't think that is very efficient use of a spot on my team. So instead on brought in this guy. Decent type coverage, which pretty good bulk. The ability is iffy, but i went with Gooey, hopefully slows a few pokes down. Should I revert back to azumarill or maybe something else, or is he a good fit?

Skarmory (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
Impish Nature
- Brave Bird
- Stealth Rock
- Roost
- Whirlwind

This spot was previously held by talonflame, and although he was a great member of the team, i figured skarmory would be better because he can be my set up guy. between his whirlwind and goodra's dragon tail, i can have stealth rock piercing the opponents over and over. question here is should i replace it with a fairy blocker?

Rotom-Wash @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 20 SAtk / 236 SDef
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Rest
- Will-O-Wisp

Rotom-w has become a standard on showdown with all the gengars and talonflames. I think he fits good here as he can take out a lot as well as take a lot of hits. As previously mentioned, him and greninja make for a good hit and run combo especially since I can switch greninjas type if need be.

The reason I am asking for help is because there are clearly big flaws in my team and i am too inexperienced to fill them all efficiently. Everytime i do, i create a new hole. I am open to any and all suggestions. This is a showdown team as well as an in-game team. Although, I have gotten pretty good at IV breeding and it shouldn't be a problem to breed new perfect pokes to replace these so don't hesitate to replace them. Please tear my team apart if you want to, it will help me learn and make me better.

Edit: Actually, just bred a shiny dratini and i typically don't like to have a non-competitive shiny and a competitive non shiny.... i know it doesn't really matter but its just how i am. so are there any good alternatives that work like my dragonite has? if not i guess ill just suck it up then.

Also, this team clearly had nothing to do with rain, just liked the name

Edit 2: Changed Dragonite's moveset (Fire Blast> roost)
Changed Goodra's EV's to 216 HP / 40 def / 252 SAtk

Also, would Mamoswine be sufficient on me team or Donphan?

Last edited:
A few things.

Greninja @ Lum Berry
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Taunt
- U-turn/Rock Slide/Grass knot/Shadow Sneak?
- Ice Beam
One of your plans is to have Stealth Rock constantly pierce the enemy with Skarmory's Whirlwind and Goodra's Dragon Tail. Sounds like a plan, except you don't have a spin-blocker on your team. Believe it or not, your Greninja can fill this roll if you teach him Shadow Sneak, which will turn him into a Ghost type. You're given a bonus priority move that cam deal with Gengar, AND you turned yourself into a spin-blocker. Win-win right there, baby. If you choose to go along this path, I recommend a Naive or Hasty nature so Shadow Sneak isn't hindered.

Dragonite @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Multiscale
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
Just like your Greninja, if you're planning on going mixed with Dragonite, I recommend a Naive or Hasty nature, so Fire Blast isn't being weakened, and you get yourself a little speed bonus, at the cost of some physically offensive power. If this doesn't work out, then keep Adamant. I also suggest finding someone that can defog/rapid spin away stealth rocks, which can break Multiscale and leave your Dragonite more vulnerable.

Goodra @ Assault Vest
Ability: Gooey
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Dragon tail
- Flamethrower
- Thunderbolt
- Power Whip
Take Power Whip off and replace with Sludge Bomb/Wave to deal with Fairies. I also recommend investing some Defense EVs to patch up Goodra's lackluster Defense stat when going up against the likes of Azumarill's Play Rough. Works well when working in tandem with Assault Vest's special defense boost that deals with special attacking threats.

Everything else seems fine. Mega Lucario can handle Fairies pretty well with Bullet Punch, Skarmory will work as it should and like you said, Rotom Wash is a very good Talonflame counter. I myself am relatively new to competitive battles too, but hopefully, I provided some advice that will change your team for the better :)

I LOVE Dragonite with the Weakness Policy, but one poke i might change is Goodra. As Dragon Tail is no longer a reliable switch, try a Poison move instead to handle Fairies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)