ORAS OU return from the pork chop mountains (peak 1900 +)

ima

Take me to your leader
is a Tiering Contributoris a Past WCoP Champion

Hello again humans and once again I am back with another RMT straight out of the pork chop mountains. This will be my second RMT and the reason why I am doing this is to get help for my team and spread the word of specially offensive Victini and Mamoswine. They are very underrated I think and serve a good role on teams.

OVERVIEW

IN-DEPTH

Mamoswine @ Focus Sash
Ability: Oblivious
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Icicle Spear / Icicle Crash
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard / Endeavor

If you didn't know, this month is Mamoswine awareness month. My thought process behind this team was all around this guy because I noticed many people were running HO and pretty much, this thing really dents a hole in HO. You can use this as SR lead or late game. I choose icicle spear because I like to break sashes such as Breloom and even Garchomp. I have ice shard because of the fact that dragon sweepers are amazing at the moment. You can use endeavor but I feel ice shard would be better.

Latias-Mega @ Latiasite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Def / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Roost
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

The thought process behind this was basically having a safe Keldeo switch in and be reliable throughout the match. I chose mega latias because of those reasons and the fact it has enough bulk to efficiently set up and kill. I also wanted a (somewhat) check to mega medicham just to scare it off. This has helped me in so many situations and the team wouldn't be the same without this pokemon.

Bisharp (M) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Knock Off

Shoutouts to ABR for the set. You might be thinking, why lum berry out of all of the items? I say, why not? With this EV spread, you have enough speed to outspeed Rotom Wash and efficiently set up on it. Bisharp is a monster in this metagame, causing many stall teams to die out. This is just another example. Lum berry is also another way of not backing down to shed stall, which this team is really weak to. Now, an important part about this is that bisharp is the key core to this team, as it pairs up well with mega latias. This is why I chose this powerhouse. I believe that you can run your own bisharp set on this team as it is very global for this type of team.

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 48 HP / 252 Atk / 208 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Superpower / Knock Off
- Play Rough
- Waterfall

When the easter bunny comes to your town, you better fucking run. Because this thing is no joke, and has the ability to hit 3/4 of the metagame. The reason why I run 48 hp investments is because I believe it already has enough speed so it should have bulk. You can run knock off over superpower but I don't really think it's good on this team because you can really catch Ferrothorns off guard, I've done it a lot myself. At this point I felt like I needed a water type to really tear things apart so my team can sweep later.

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Now at this point I just need a fast spinner so those pesky rocks or spikes can be no more. Also, this thing is very fast and it outspeeds things that I need it to outspeed. Obviously I chose excadrill as a spinner and I didn't want starmie since I already have azumarill. He is also a steel type and that is really useful on this team, it provides more opportunities to switch in as HO. It also works good with azumarill.

Victini @ Life Orb
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Blue Flare
- Energy Ball
- Glaciate
- Focus Blast / Thunderbolt

Alas, the V card is here. The team didn't have much switchins to mega gardevoir and even with mega latias the team still looked very weak to mega gardevoir. So I added this. Best decision of my god damn life. The team started off with thunderbolt with victini but then I noticed that tyranitar just comes in once they find out I'm specially offensive. So I added focus blast and it's been working well and heatrans are dying much easier. You do not know how many wins I've gotten with this. People expect this to be some sort of scarf physical set but really, glaciate works in amazing ways. Lando-T? No. Err, Latios? No. I can go on and on but what I'm trying to say here is do not underestimate this Victini set, it will shut you down if you're not careful. I am trying to raise awareness for this because I feel like this would be an amazing addition to the metagame.

WEAKNESSES

shed teams. branflakes you tilt me i hate you. your best bet is setting up with bisharp after you somehow

• break shedinjas sash
  • make mega sableye weak enough and predict right
  • hope you have lum berry still on bisharp if you've done both ^ (for tflame)

still bugs me if the team has rocks or victini was worn down. granted this is really not an issue but just be careful.

when i mean excadrill i mean more of sand HO, where I have to sack a mon each time I go against this thing, it's really scary and I kind of have to keep most of my sweeping mons for this which is hard. this applies to lando-t, mega chomp, etc.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Will keep updating this list.

REPLAYS
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-325148244 vs empoleonlove (100% shows the true power of victini)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-324833379 vs jeremyst (thought this was a p good performance)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-324871084 vs BCE (turn 4 forfeit victini)

IN CONCLUSION..

I am 1900 right now and probably gonna climb later today. Please give me feedback, whether it be EV spreads, a bit of changing on the team, anything will help me. This is one of my better teams but of course all teams needs its work. My last RMT I had many suggestions and I really think they helped, so I'm excited to know what needs to be done here. This is my second RMT and I'm lookin forward for more!

SHOUTOUTS

iBLT
- Close friend, co-founder of the team!
WoA - Runnin thru the 6
xtrashine - That dude always make me laugh
SALTGANG - We run it

IMPORTABLE

Mamoswine @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Icicle Spear
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard

Latias-Mega @ Latiasite
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Roost
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

Bisharp (M) @ Lum Berry
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Knock Off

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Superpower
- Play Rough
- Waterfall

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Victini @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Blue Flare
- Energy Ball
- Glaciate
- Focus Blast

Ladder Peak

4:30 pst

Last edited:
This is some power, but if I were you, I would actually run Air Balloon Excadrill with Max HP and SpDef. This set allows you to survive a Focus Blast from M-Alakazam and is a great combo lure with Victini by having opposing Drills try to EQ Victini and switching into your own drill. Best part, he still OHKOs HO Sand Rush Drills after rocks with his own EQ.

Drill Bill(Excadrill)
Item: Air Balloon
Evs: 252 Hp/252 SpDef/4 Atk
Nature: Careful
-Rapid Spin
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide
-Iron Head

I would not do the above, if I were you. A specially defensive spread would let way, way too many attackers in for free, including Lando-T, Garchomp, Gliscor, and almost any pokemon not weak to its STABs with decent physical bulk. Basically, it would kill off all of your momentum and deprive you of a very important revenge killer.

I would not do the above, if I were you. A specially defensive spread would let way, way too many attackers in for free, including Lando-T, Garchomp, Gliscor, and almost any pokemon not weak to its STABs with decent physical bulk. Basically, it would kill off all of your momentum and deprive you of a very important revenge killer.
Well since it is choice scarfed what you fail to realize is
1). After it spins, it is choice locked into spinning, so unless a poke has 1 HP left and has no form of priority, then switching out is more than inevitable anyways
2). The pokes you just mentioned that switch in on this are common counters anyways. Excadrill isn't supposed to stay in on these kinds of threats. If you stay in on things like this, I am questioning your judgment immediately.
3). This team, although has some speed, isn't very good at keeping momentum anyways. The fastest pokemon on his team are victini and latias and with Pokemon like Weavile running around in OU, out speeding isn't an option.

So for reasons aforementioned, the Special Defensive spread I gave you is definitely optimal, especially since now that I am looking at it again, kinda needs help from not falling to the fire birds.

Well since it is choice scarfed what you fail to realize is
1). After it spins, it is choice locked into spinning, so unless a poke has 1 HP left and has no form of priority, then switching out is more than inevitable anyways
2). The pokes you just mentioned that switch in on this are common counters anyways. Excadrill isn't supposed to stay in on these kinds of threats. If you stay in on things like this, I am questioning your judgment immediately.
3). This team, although has some speed, isn't very good at keeping momentum anyways. The fastest pokemon on his team are victini and latias and with Pokemon like Weavile running around in OU, out speeding isn't an option.

So for reasons aforementioned, the Special Defensive spread I gave you is definitely optimal, especially since now that I am looking at it again, kinda needs help from not falling to the fire birds.
Excadrill is the speed control. It's what keeps things like Weavile from getting out of hand. Also, without scarfed excadrill, this team is devastated by SD+FB talonflame. Furthermore, while it is true that you get locked into rapid spin with the scarf, a different side of that coin makes an appearance: the choice scarf allows you to get clutch spins off. Also, there are quite of few things that scarfed excadrill is necessary to beat, such as LO Tornadus-T and Megazard Y. However, the real benefit of scarfed excadrill is the ability to take on threats like mega Diance without taking damage, which can be crucial for it to switch in on Latios later in the game.

Hello, this team while well very well constructed has a few over-whelming weakness's that almost hinder it's ability to shine. Although your proof of being top 15 ELO should be proof enough of this teams effectiveness, you did post this on a forum dedicated to helping battlers perfect their team.

First off, you are extremely weak to one of the most over-used mons in the meta right now (mold breaker Excadrill) with a scarf. As your ways of checking him are with your own Scarf Excadrilll and praying your sash isnt broken on Mamo. He sweeps thru your team like nothing with a little support to wear down your priority users.

Although you mentioned you have to sack off a mon to deal w/ his shenanigins in HO Sand teams you also have to do this to any team with a Excadrill with mold-breaker on it. That to mean is too much of a sacrifice to a mon that has many checks that fit well on your team.

Now I may not be as skilled, or have as much experience but here is my opinion (take it or leave it)

Replace Scarf Excadrill w/ Scarf Lando-T as he provides you with arguably a better revenge killer, better bird check, and gives you better synergy with Victini. It also allows you to take pressure of Latias being the only ground immunity and this is a 100% check to Excadrill. I believe the momentum Lando will provide will benefit this team more in the long run anyways. Although you gain an extra ice weakness, the only Pokemon that capitalizes on it is Weaville. Which will just require you to play around more to weaken it.

By replacing your spinner, you lack hazard control. Looking at your team you are weak to T-Tar as well a common staple in the OU meta, whether it be on weather teams or the common 4th gen variants. The first that came to mind was Starmie as you lack another special breaker besides Victini (kinda obvious that Victini is special in team preview) which makes the suprise factor with Special Victini less likely, so Starmie was a great add, but gives you another weakness to pursuit T-Tar.

Although by adding this mon you effectively get weaker to T-Tar I think it's worth it as Life Orb Hydro Pump still deals massive damage to it, and scald has a chance to burn. This also gives you another semi-check to Keldeo, Analytic is always nice on forced switches. You arguably gain a better spinner, and a harder hiter on the special team, which completes your balanced team, once T-Tar and Excadrill are eliminated, you flat out win with Lati most of the time.

Now the question comes, who do you replace to fit Starmie? I believe the answer is clear-cut, Azumarill. Although it pairs ver ywell on your team typing wise, it's effectively your most expendable mon. If you could find room for defog on Latias this wouldn't be a problem, but you can't sacrifice roost in my opinion as I found it very valuable. Like I said, who am I to criticize your team after you preformed so well with it, but those are my opnions.

So here are my changes

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 25 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off

and

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Illuminate
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SpA
- Rapid Spin
- Ice Beam
- Scald
- Psyshock

Grass Knot is nice coverage, but not needed. I found it useful at times, but Ice Beam is preferred coverage by most people.

I
Hello, this team while well very well constructed has a few over-whelming weakness's that almost hinder it's ability to shine. Although your proof of being top 15 ELO should be proof enough of this teams effectiveness, you did post this on a forum dedicated to helping battlers perfect their team.

First off, you are extremely weak to one of the most over-used mons in the meta right now (mold breaker Excadrill) with a scarf. As your ways of checking him are with your own Scarf Excadrilll and praying your sash isnt broken on Mamo. He sweeps thru your team like nothing with a little support to wear down your priority users.

Although you mentioned you have to sack off a mon to deal w/ his shenanigins in HO Sand teams you also have to do this to any team with a Excadrill with mold-breaker on it. That to mean is too much of a sacrifice to a mon that has many checks that fit well on your team.

Now I may not be as skilled, or have as much experience but here is my opinion (take it or leave it)

Replace Scarf Excadrill w/ Scarf Lando-T as he provides you with arguably a better revenge killer, better bird check, and gives you better synergy with Victini. It also allows you to take pressure of Latias being the only ground immunity and this is a 100% check to Excadrill. I believe the momentum Lando will provide will benefit this team more in the long run anyways. Although you gain an extra ice weakness, the only Pokemon that capitalizes on it is Weaville. Which will just require you to play around more to weaken it.

By replacing your spinner, you lack hazard control. Looking at your team you are weak to T-Tar as well a common staple in the OU meta, whether it be on weather teams or the common 4th gen variants. The first that came to mind was Starmie as you lack another special breaker besides Victini (kinda obvious that Victini is special in team preview) which makes the suprise factor with Special Victini less likely, so Starmie was a great add, but gives you another weakness to pursuit T-Tar.

Although by adding this mon you effectively get weaker to T-Tar I think it's worth it as Life Orb Hydro Pump still deals massive damage to it, and scald has a chance to burn. This also gives you another semi-check to Keldeo, Analytic is always nice on forced switches. You arguably gain a better spinner, and a harder hiter on the special team, which completes your balanced team, once T-Tar and Excadrill are eliminated, you flat out win with Lati most of the time.

Now the question comes, who do you replace to fit Starmie? I believe the answer is clear-cut, Azumarill. Although it pairs ver ywell on your team typing wise, it's effectively your most expendable mon. If you could find room for defog on Latias this wouldn't be a problem, but you can't sacrifice roost in my opinion as I found it very valuable. Like I said, who am I to criticize your team after you preformed so well with it, but those are my opnions.

So here are my changes

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 25 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off

and

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Illuminate
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SpA
- Rapid Spin
- Ice Beam
- Scald
- Psyshock

Grass Knot is nice coverage, but not needed. I found it useful at times, but Ice Beam is preferred coverage by most people.
I forward this motion wholeheartedly. I chose not to reply for a while because I knew that someone else would tell Thatwackycruton that opposing excadrills are a problem. Landorus-T also provides Intimidate support, and U-Turn can fire off some hefty collateral damage. Although I kept to the original team, these changes are in fact better overall. The only thing I would change us Starmie's ability to Analytic for damage or Natural Cure for a WoW eater and change Psyshock to Thunderbolt for two reasons: 1). You hit opposing Water types better, 2). Because of sun, Thunderbolt would be more effective against Char-Yzard.

Hello again humans and once again I am back with another RMT straight out of the pork chop mountains. This will be my second RMT and the reason why I am doing this is to get help for my team and spread the word of specially offensive Victini and Mamoswine. They are very underrated I think and serve a good role on teams.

OVERVIEW

IN-DEPTH

Mamoswine @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Icicle Spear / Icicle Crash
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard / Endeavor

If you didn't know, this month is Mamoswine awareness month. My thought process behind this team was all around this guy because I noticed many people were running HO and pretty much, this thing really dents a hole in HO. You can use this as SR lead or late game. I choose icicle spear because I like to break sashes such as Breloom and even Garchomp. I have ice shard because of the fact that dragon sweepers are amazing at the moment. You can use endeavor but I feel ice shard would be better.

Latias-Mega @ Latiasite
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Roost
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

The thought process behind this was basically having a safe Keldeo switch in and be reliable throughout the match. I chose mega latias because of those reasons and the fact it has enough bulk to efficiently set up and kill. I also wanted a (somewhat) check to mega medicham just to scare it off. This has helped me in so many situations and the team wouldn't be the same without this pokemon.

Bisharp (M) @ Lum Berry
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Knock Off

Shoutouts to ABR for the set. You might be thinking, why lum berry out of all of the items? I say, why not? With this EV spread, you have enough speed to outspeed Rotom Wash and efficiently set up on it. Bisharp is a monster in this metagame, causing many stall teams to die out. This is just another example. Lum berry is also another way of not backing down to shed stall, which this team is really weak to. Now, an important part about this is that bisharp is the key core to this team, as it pairs up well with mega latias. This is why I chose this powerhouse. I believe that you can run your own bisharp set on this team as it is very global for this type of team.

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Superpower / Knock Off
- Play Rough
- Waterfall

When the easter bunny comes to your town, you better fucking run. Because this thing is no joke, and has the ability to hit 3/4 of the metagame. The reason why I run 48 hp investments is because I believe it already has enough speed so it should have bulk. You can run knock off over superpower but I don't really think it's good on this team because you can really catch Ferrothorns off guard, I've done it a lot myself. At this point I felt like I needed a water type to really tear things apart so my team can sweep later.

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Now at this point I just need a fast spinner so those pesky rocks or spikes can be no more. Also, this thing is very fast and it outspeeds things that I need it to outspeed. Obviously I chose excadrill as a spinner and I didn't want starmie since I already have azumarill. He is also a steel type and that is really useful on this team, it provides more opportunities to switch in as HO. It also works good with azumarill.

Victini @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Blue Flare
- Energy Ball
- Glaciate
- Focus Blast / Thunderbolt

Alas, the V card is here. The team didn't have much switchins to mega gardevoir and even with mega latias the team still looked very weak to mega gardevoir. So I added this. Best decision of my god damn life. The team started off with thunderbolt with victini but then I noticed that tyranitar just comes in once they find out I'm specially offensive. So I added focus blast and it's been working well and heatrans are dying much easier. You do not know how many wins I've gotten with this. People expect this to be some sort of scarf physical set but really, glaciate works in amazing ways. Lando-T? No. Err, Latios? No. I can go on and on but what I'm trying to say here is do not underestimate this Victini set, it will shut you down if you're not careful. I am trying to raise awareness for this because I feel like this would be an amazing addition to the metagame.

WEAKNESSES

shed teams. branflakes you tilt me i hate you. your best bet is setting up with bisharp after you somehow

• break shedinjas sash
  • make mega sableye weak enough and predict right
  • hope you have lum berry still on bisharp if you've done both ^ (for tflame)

still bugs me if the team has rocks or victini was worn down. granted this is really not an issue but just be careful.

when i mean excadrill i mean more of sand HO, where I have to sack a mon each time I go against this thing, it's really scary and I kind of have to keep most of my sweeping mons for this which is hard. this applies to lando-t, mega chomp, etc.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Will keep updating this list.

REPLAYS
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-325148244 vs empoleonlove (100% shows the true power of victini)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-324833379 vs jeremyst (thought this was a p good performance)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-324871084 vs BCE (turn 4 forfeit victini)

IN CONCLUSION..

I am 1900 right now and probably gonna climb later today. Please give me feedback, whether it be EV spreads, a bit of changing on the team, anything will help me. This is one of my better teams but of course all teams needs its work. My last RMT I had many suggestions and I really think they helped, so I'm excited to know what needs to be done here. This is my second RMT and I'm lookin forward for more!

SHOUTOUTS

iBLT
- Close friend, co-founder of the team!
WoA - Runnin thru the 6
xtrashine - That dude always make me laugh
SALTGANG - We run it

IMPORTABLE

Mamoswine @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Icicle Spear
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard

Latias-Mega @ Latiasite
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Roost
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

Bisharp (M) @ Lum Berry
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Knock Off

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Superpower
- Play Rough
- Waterfall

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Victini @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Blue Flare
- Energy Ball
- Glaciate
- Focus Blast

Ladder Peak

4:30 pst
Opposing Bisharp seems to be a threat on that team too.Add that to the threatlist imo.
The Team looks pretty awesome tbh.No wonder you peaked with that. Good luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)