Returning after a hiatus, need some help with team (OU)

At a glance

The purpose of the team is to set up an eventual Mixmence sweep, set up by a mix of Scizor sweep, SR, Jolteon for revenge killing and Porygon2 for countering and para support.

In depth

Sharpedo (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 6 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Taunt
- Aqua Jet
- Crunch
- Earthquake

Of all of the leads I've used in OU, I've found this new and surprisingly effective Sharpedo anti-lead to be the most effective for my teams. It has Taunt to stop slower SRs, as well as Crunch (Azelf, Gengar) and Earthquake (Infernape, Metagross), and Aqua Jet to finish off weakened or Sashed pokemon before they can me. If an enemy attempts to break his sash with Fake Out, then they'll also break their own, due to Rough Skin. If he survives the first few turns, he can return later to help set up Mence with more Taunt and some physical sweeping.

Gliscor (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 Spd
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Baton Pass
- Knock Off

This is the Pokemon that I'm feeling unsure about. He has Stealth Rock for the obvious reasons, and follows up with either Knock Off or SD, attempting to pass to Scizor. The combo is working somewhat well thus far, but I can't help but feel that there are much better options for both slots. Tends to draw in moves that Scizor is immune to.

Scizor (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- X-Scissor
- Superpower
- Roost

After recieving a Swords Dance or two from Gliscor, Scizor KO's everything that he can, Roosting as he is able to. Bullet Punch is a powerful 90 power move thanks to STAB and Technician, and is priority to boot, taking care of Scizor's horrendous speed. X-Scissor and Superpower what he needs to, stopping to roost ever couple of turns, hopefully leaving a nice dent in the enemy team by the time he falls.

Jolteon (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 4 Def/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Baton Pass

Quick and deadly, Jolteon comes in to take out what Scizor couldn't. Due to its speed, it outspeeds everything that isn't scarfed/boosted bar Ninjask and Electrode, who aren't that big of concern anyway. Thunderbolt for STAB with good coverage, Grass to compliment, as well as for Swampert, Rhyperior and such. Shadow Ball is simply for coverage, and Baton Pass is for scouting switches, letting me send in the appropriate pokemon.

Porygon2 @ Leftovers
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 HP/216 Def/40 SAtk
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Recover
- Ice Beam

Ever since I first used the cyber ducky, Porygon2 has somehow managed to worm his way into most of my teams, and with good reason. He counters many big threats, namely Gyarados, Salamence, and Heatran, and can kill just about anything else that isn't ground type, thanks to Thunder Wave and Recover. He comes in on a tough opponent, and does what he can to stop them. It's not easy to take him down, especially because hardly anything can do over 50% in what he should be fighting, and he can just recover off the damage. All in all, one of my favorite defensive Pokemon.

Salamence (M) @Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 186 Atk/112 Spd/212 SAtk
Mild nature (+SAtk, -Def)
- Outrage
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance

The star of the show, my late game sweeper. The EVs are set to give 396 speed after a single boost, outspeed everything naturally except again for Ninjask and Electrode. The special attack EVs allow him to kill a 252/0 Skarm nearly 100% of the time, as it's one of the few things standing up to a sweep that might be left alive. Earthquake is for the other steels that might appear, such as Metagross or Empoleon.

-----------------------

So, that's the team. Any help that it recieves would be greatly appreciated, as having a good team is equally important as knowing how to use it.

I like what you got here, especially the leading Sharpedo. It caught me off guard when I first looked at it, but it truly does make a great anti-lead!

Regarding Gliscor and Baton Passing, It's not a bad way to get Scizor his attack boost. Even though Scizor has Swords Dance himself, I doubt very many people would expect that you're going to pass the attack bost to it. If you don't like how you're using Gliscor, you can opt Swords Dance and Baton Pass for Roost and another attack (Ice Fang or Aerial Ace would be good)

If you decide to change Gliscor, then I would either give Scizor a Choice Band (eliminating Roost), or turn him into a Swords Dance varient. If not, don't change a thing. Same goes for the other three pokemon.

I'm considering using Rhyperior over Gliscor, with SR/EQ/SE/IP, which gives great coverage for attacking after he sets down rocks, then Pursuit over Roost for Scizor, making him CB, and replacing Jolteon with LO Gengar.

I personally think Gliscor is one of the best baton passers, considering his bulk and only 2 weaknesses. If DD-Mence happens to get a DD in though, he could be trouble for your team. I would change the EVs on your own mence to 232 Att/ 24 SpA/ 252 Speed, which is ridiculous after a DD, allowing you to outspeed Scarftran for the OHKO with EQ. You can still 2HKO or even OHKO (correct me if I'm wrong) the standard Skarmory.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)