move 1: Calm Mind
move 2: Thunder / Focus Blast
move 3: Psyshock
move 4: Recover
item: Life Orb / Colbur Berry /
ability: Magic Guard
nature: Bold
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe

Reuniclus is an excellent pokemon in the current OU metagame, with its ability Magic Guard it’ll be able to switch into any hazards like Spikes or Stealth Rock which makes it a great wincondition as it makes it quite hard to force it to switch out, whilst being able to setup in Calm Mind and win calm mind wars versus Clefables thanks to Psyshock since it Damages the target based on its Defense, not Special Defense, whilst having recover to make it even better. 44 Speed on Reuniclus allows it to outspeed Toxapex so you will be able to hit it with a +1 Physhock instead of +0. Colbur Berry could be an option as it will be able to live a Choice Banded Wicked Blow from the opposing Urshifu and OHKO back with Focus Blast.

With Reuniclus you would want A Pokemon that learns Spikes, like Ferrothorn, one of the best spike stacker in the tier right now whilst having leech seed to maintain its health continuously. Since Reuniclus is weak to Dark Types Primarina, Weezing-Galar or Clefable would be great checks to them, with Primarina walling most major threats to Reuniclus for example Primarina can easily switch into Crawdaunt whilst being able to heal back most of its health with Draining Kiss, with Weezing-Galar its able to stop Crawdaunt have Adaptability with its Ability Neutralizing Gas which can stop it quite easily and OHKO back with Strange Steam. And Aegislash being one of Reuniclus’s main counter Mandibuzz is a great answer to being able easily switch into any move it atacks you with and have a higher speed then Aegislash and OHKO back with Foul Play or Knock Off.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[Stareal, 481219]]
- Quality checked by: [[username1, userid1], [username2, userid2]]
- Grammar checked by: [[username1, userid1]]

Last edited:
Honestly, I don't think this is really sufficient. The first paragraph seems much more like a random assortment of information and doesn't really paint an accurate enough picture on Reuniclus's place in the metagame and what it looks to accomplish. Beyond that, the teammates section is incredibly barren, lacking a lot of important teammates. I want this to be placed back into WIP and I want to see some improvement before this gets put into QC again. I'd recommend looking at some uploaded OU analyses to get more of an idea of what we're looking for.

Overall, this analysis is still severely lacking. I'll go over it to give you an idea of what can be added, expanded upon, or removed.

comments in purple, things to add in green, things to remove in red
[SET]
name: Reuniclus

[SET]
name: Calm Mind
move 2: Psyshock / Psychic
move 3: Recover
move 4: Thunder / Focus Blast
item: Life Orb / Colbur Berry

Calling the set itself Reuniclus doesn't make much sense, as it'll be uploaded to Reuniclus's page anyway. Just call it Calm Mind because thats the vocal point of the set. This move order makes more sense.

[SET COMMENTS]
Reuniclus is an excellent pokemon in the current OU metagame, being able to setup in Calm Mind and win calm mind wars versus Clefables whilst having Recover to make it even better. With its ability Magic Guard it’ll be able to switch into any hazards and not take damage from them. This can definitely be stressed a bit more; the immunity to Spikes makes it so much harder to pressure Reuniclus and is ultimately a big part of why Reuniclus is such a potent wincondition. You definitely want to note its immunity to poison too. I would suggest merging it into the first sentence, even, as I'd argue that being so hard to wear down is ultimately what makes Reuniclus such a potent wincondition, rather than its potential to win Calm Mind wars. With Reuniclus it can be easily tricked a Choice Scarf from a Clefable meaning you wouldnt be able to set up as u’ll be locked into one move; Sticky Hold Gastrodon would be a great partner with it as the Trick would fail versus it. This is better fit for the second paragraph.

Make sure to explain why you'd run Psyshock or Psychic in this paragraph. The choice between Thunder and Focus Blast needs to be explained too; what do they achieve?

44 Speed on Reuniclus allows it to outspeed Toxapex so you will be able to hit it with a +1 Physhock instead of +0. Reuniclus can struggle with the likes of Urshifu, so great checks like Weezing-Galar or Clefable would make for good teamates with Reuniclus. Or Colbur Berry could be an option as it will be able to live a Choice Banded Wicked Blow from the opposing Urshifu and OHKO back with Focus Blast. This is better fit for the first paragraph; it can be inserted at the end.

The second paragraph should go here and should be dedicated to teammates. A couple notable ones would be:
- solid Urshifu-S counterplay;
- Spikes setters;
- Checks to Aegislash and Crawdaunt

..I'm sure you can probably add more onto that, but I find those to be some of the most important in this metagame.

[CREDITS]
I hope this was useful! Let me know if you've got any questions, you have my Discord.

ShootingStarmie

Bulletproof
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
AM check

[SET]
name: Calm Mind

Reuniclus is an excellent pokemon in the current OU metagame, with its ability Magic Guard it’ll be able to switch into any hazards like Spikes or Stealth Rock which makes it a great wincondition as it makes it quite hard to force it to switch out, whilst being able to setup in Calm Mind and win calm mind wars versus Clefables thanks to Psyshock (also mention how Psyshock can get past Blissey much more easily) since it Damages the target based on its Defense, not Special Defense, whilst having recover to make it even better. (I think Psychic is worth a mention here, dealing more damage to Toxapex is noteworthy) (I think you need to better explain Reun's other moves. Why is Thunder preferred over Focus Blast? When can you find opportunities to use Recover?) 44 Speed on Reuniclus allows it to outspeed Toxapex so you will be able to hit it with a +1 Physhock instead of +0. Colbur Berry could be an option as it will be able to live a Choice Banded Wicked Blow from the opposing Urshifu and OHKO back with Focus Blast. (Focus blast also gives Reun a much easier time versus Tyranitar)

With Reuniclus you would want A Pokemon that learns Spikes, like Ferrothorn, one of the best spike stacker in the tier right now whilst having leech seed to maintain its health continuously (Why are Spikes good to pair with Reuniclus? Elaborate. If you want to talk about Ferro specifically, mention it's ability to take on Tyrantiar, while Reuniclus can take on Fighting type attacks aimed at Ferro). Since Reuniclus is weak to Dark Types Primarina, Weezing-Galar or Clefable would be great checks to them, with Primarina walling most major threats to Reuniclus for example Primarina can easily switch into Crawdaunt whilst being able to heal back most of its health with Draining Kiss, with Weezing-Galar its able to stop Crawdaunt have Adaptability with its Ability Neutralizing Gas which can stop it quite easily and OHKO back with Strange Steam. And Aegislash being one of Reuniclus’s main counter Mandibuzz is a great answer to being able easily switch into any move it atacks you with and have a higher speed then Aegislash and OHKO back with Foul Play or Knock Off. (Dark-types and Aegislash were mentioned as a problem for Reun, so I'd also mention Urshifu as a great teammate, both for type synergy, and for Urshifu's ability to blast through Tyranitar and Blissey, while Reun in return takes on Clefable and Toxapex)

[CREDITS]
Hope this helped

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)